Kiritsugu Time

GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

Beast Morphers: Episode 03 - "End of the Road"

End of the Road
Airs: Saturday, March 16th @ 08:00 AM on Nick

"We need a bike." "I am a bike."

---Standard Episode Discussion Rules---

1) Do NOT ask for downloads. Hasbro does not want us posting episode encodes here, so you're not allowed to talk about them at all. You will be warned at first, but repeated asking will result in an infraction. Episodes go live legally on Nick's app in the US, and can be watched there.

2) The thread will remain closed until the episode finishes airing. We do this to prevent play-by-play discussion. You'd be amazed to see how large a thread can get when everyone and their mother decides to post about each individual line dialogue or action of an individual. They threads can be tricky to navigate and we don't need them to be even trickier with tons of extra pages at the beginning. Rest assured that within a couple of minutes of the credits rolling the thread will be opened for all.

Note: If two new episodes air back-to-back there will be one thread opened at the conclusion of the second episode.

3) Do NOT start another thread. There is one thread for each episode. It will be created by a moderator and stickied to the top of the page prior to the episode airing so that it can be quickly opened for discussion. In the off chance that we are late or you're just too antsy to talk about the episode, please do not start another thread. It will be closed immediately and you will most likely receive an infraction.

4) Expect Spoilers It's going to happen folks, it's an episode discussion.
Spoilers are to be expected for Beast Morphers episodes, summaries, descriptions, cast list, and more. What we get about Power Rangers Beast Morphers is fair game.
However if you wish to talk about what happens in Go-Busters episodes not yet adapted by Beast Morphers, then you need to go use the Super Sentai of the Past thread to do so. No bringing up episodes that have only aired overseas, either. Use the international discussion thread for that, and stick to this episode.

If there are any further questions by all means ask away.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:33 AM #2
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Well, we've got an environment episode. And we've had a lot worse of those. This was actually pretty good.

Well... what do you know? They gave a reason that Cruise couldn't be transported there to be Devon's ride. There's one whole argument solved. The bike chase was exactly how it was in the promo clip. Cheesy, kinda stupid, but still fun to watch. On the subject of the Beast Bots, I like to see that they're useful when they're not on screen. The Zord fight was awesome. And they kept the finisher brief again, which I'm happy for.

Roxy and Blaze are still cool villains. I like seeing them threatening to blow up a building just so the rangers don't bother them. It makes them seem like actual threats. And I'm glad we see Roxy get a fight scene. And it was cool to see her fighting Zoey. Speaking of Roxy, Ravi's reaction to seeing her was a good moment. I think this is the first time he's seen her since she turned evil.

Now for my problems. Is this gonna be a thing? The monster going out way too easy? It's better this week than last week, but it still seems really easy to destroy them. And, another thing I have to point out that I didn't like, it's that they bought the "[Weapon] Blast!" and I assume they'll be saying that every time. It's gonna get annoying as "Ninja/Arrow Blast!" if they do. It's not a huge deal, but it's still kind of a problem.

Ben and Betty were in surprisingly little of the episode. which isn't really a bad thing. I like them, but force them into the episode too much and they'll turn into Victor and Monty. They had good intentions, once again, trying to get the bikes noticed. (Which... by the way, if those bikes explode like that... maybe it's time for a redesign) I'm just surprised they built it correctly. I thought their gag was gonna be how they couldn't build it right. I also like that they landed in the water. They're still kinda cartoony, but it still seems like it's possible they made it out alright.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention Nate's backstory. That was unexpected in this episode, but I liked that we got it. I expected something like that for him much later down the line.

Last edited by AkaGreen; March 16th, 2019 at 05:42 AM.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:35 AM #3
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

Well, we've got an environment episode. And we've had a lot worse of those. This was actually pretty good.

Well... what do you know? They gave a reason that Cruise couldn't be transported there to be Devon's ride. There's one whole argument solved. The bike chase was exactly how it was in the promo clip. Cheesy, kinda stupid, but still fun to watch. On the subject of the Beast Bots, I like to see that they're useful when they're not on screen. The Zord fight was awesome. And they kept the finisher brief again, which I'm happy for.

Roxy and Blaze are still cool villains. I like seeing them threatening to blow up a building just so the rangers don't bother them. It makes them seem like actual threats. And I'm glad we see Roxy get a fight scene. And it was cool to see her fighting Zoey. Speaking of Roxy, Ravi's reaction to seeing her was a good moment. I think this is the first time he's seen her since she turned evil.

Now for my problems. Is this gonna be a thing? The monster going out way too easy? It's better this week than last week, but it still seems really easy to destroy them. And, another thing I have to point out that I didn't like, it's that they've bought the "[Weapon] Blast!" and I assume they'll be saying that every time. It's gonna get annoying as "Ninja/Arrow Blast!" if they do. It's not a huge deal, but it's still kind of a problem.

Ben and Betty were in surprisingly little of the episode. They had good intentions, once again, trying to get the bikes noticed. (Which... by the way, if those bikes explode like that... maybe it's time for a redesign) I'm just surprised they built it correctly. I thought their gag was gonna be how they couldn't build it right. I also like that they landed in the water, it was still cartoony, but it still seems like it's possible they made it out alright.
On the subject of Ben and Betty I liked how the Rangers actually got angry at the monster and Blaze for harming them. That to me really makes them feel like part of the team. Also I love how each ranger has a parental figure. When's the last time that happened?
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:39 AM #4
> HOW1215
Power Ranger

HOW1215
Power Ranger

This was a good episode.

- It's nice to see that the news reporter (Muriel Reeves) is Zoey's mom. I kinda liked Zoey trying to hide the fact that she's a ranger from her mom.
- Ben and Betty were decent this time, didn't really need that much comedy.
- The beast bots helping Nate with the animals cleared up the problem in the preview, even though it was a bit silly.
- Why did Mayor Daniels not notice that Devon was with Grid Battleforce if he wanted him to stay away from it?
- Blaze and Roxy's actors are getting better, and their fight scenes were pretty good.
- Nate's backstory was pretty sad considering he pretty much works all the time without seeing his parents. Hopefully this gets resolved.

Overall, it's a nice continuation from last week.
HOW1215 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:42 AM #5
> Goseired11
Power Ranger

Goseired11
Power Ranger

Really good episode IMO. They really wrote a pretty solid like moral of the week episode that didn’t beat you over the head with the moral and was actually pretty prominent in today’s world. They also did some good character work with Zoey which was appreciated and I’m loving the start of the relationship with her and her mother. Oh and Ben and Betty were minimal yet funny in the moments they had and actually fit into the story, always props for that.

This was another pretty much all original footage episode too, minus the zord battle, which is always great. If there was one thing I wish they could do more though is showcase the action a little better in suit. We’ve seen that the action choreo can be great this season already so I just wish they would give us more. The music was solid except the bulk and skull music but I’m not too turned off by that tbh, it’s just a bit on the nose to me.

Oh and we learned about Nate’s family today and I think they’re planting the seeds for something special...

So Nate mentioned he always wanted a brother and we already know he’s gonna be gold. With the Gobusters footage Beet J/Silver is always trying to “protect” gold so I’m thinking when Nate creates the Beet J counterpart (“Steel” *wink wink*) it’ll explain that overprotective nature because he’ll think of Nate as his younger brother. When I heard that in the episode this immediately clicked in my head and if they go through with it it’ll be genius.

Overall, good episode though 4/5.
Goseired11 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:46 AM #6
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Yeah wow, each ranger has a parent in the show who would've thought? Now if we can actually see one of them have TWO parents, that'd be monumental at this point hehe.

No, the episode was fun. Cheesy, but not really that bad and it's what you expect with PR especially when doing environmental episodes. The whole catching the forest for safe keeping thing felt a bit much, but not a detractor from the episode. Though Ravi and Devon being demorphed after just the one blast, and out of commission for what felt like too long just to let Zoey get the spotlight kind of bugged me. Not that I cared it was her destroying the monster, that's fine. Just that they got demorphed too easily and stayed down too long it felt like. The scene should've been played faster, but oh well minor thing. As was mentioned, Ben & Betty continue to be entertaining and not annoying like V & M, and continue to feel like a part of the team. At most their humor has been pretty harmless and doesn't feel like it's hurting the ranger side of things. So yeah, nothing really else I guess, fun standard episode. Oh right, stock morph. I saw the comments on the general thread but didn't watch the clip. Bummed about it a bit, but I mean morph sequences are standard so not really a negative. And it's basically what we got with the previous real time one, so yeah.

Oh, and did anyone else imagine the mayor's assistant was really thinking "Man, I miss the limo..." as she had to hop back on the bike and pedal after the mayor, or was it just me? Haha.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:46 AM #7
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Goseired11 wrote: View Post

Oh and we learned about Nate’s family today and I think they’re planting the seeds for something special...

So Nate mentioned he always wanted a brother and we already know he’s gonna be gold. With the Gobusters footage Beet J/Silver is always trying to “protect” gold so I’m thinking when Nate creates the Beet J counterpart (“Steel” *wink wink*) it’ll explain that overprotective nature because he’ll think of him as his older brother.
I... don't know how I didn't think of that. That's a good guess.

I did notice he was wearing gold in the last scene, but that thought didn't cross my mind. The fact that he only mentioned wanting a brother was a good sign of that, too.

All I was thinking about it how funny it would be if instead of a lizard, he had taken a beetle as a pet.
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:47 AM #8
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Goseired11 wrote: View Post

So Nate mentioned he always wanted a brother and we already know he’s gonna be gold. With the Gobusters footage Beet J/Silver is always trying to “protect” gold so I’m thinking when Nate creates the Beet J counterpart (“Steel” *wink wink*) it’ll explain that overprotective nature because he’ll think of Nate as his younger brother. When I heard that in the episode this immediately clicked in my head and if they go through with it it’ll be genius.

Overall, good episode though 4/5.
Would make a lot of sense, and fit yeah.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:49 AM #9
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Just want to remind people early on because we had this problem in the previous thread:

1) Do NOT ask for downloads. Hasbro does not want us posting episode encodes here, so you're not allowed to talk about them at all. You will be warned at first, but repeated asking will result in an infraction. Episodes go live legally on Nick's app in the US, and can be watched there.
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:55 AM #10
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Well, very cheesy but fun episode. I loved the bike scenes except for jump so high, i mean it wasn't necessary to jump so high. So, now we know Zoey's mom. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nate, Ben and Betty's parents in the later series. Heh. Everything is original and I loved it.

Good and fun episode.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:57 AM #11
> RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

Another really good episode. The moral was never too heavy handed or overt, the action sequences are on point, it's nice to see human interactions between Zoey and Nate, (who might be hinting at what's to come), and while the bike stuff was silly, it's still very fun to watch.
RangerPower2003 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:59 AM #12
> SacredWater
Power Ranger

SacredWater
Power Ranger

I thought it was great. But how come they didn't show Jax bringing Zoey a carrot?
SacredWater is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:00 AM #13
> powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

I didnt really care for this episode and found it the weakest so far. Reminded me of the cookie machine episode last year. It just had too many problems. 1.) Why is a 2 seater cooler then the ragular model ? 2.) Nate becomes less special when it seems anyone can make the bikes and that detaching gimmick at the end 3.) So a top Ranger Cyber spy organization has nothing more important to do then transport every animal in a park out? 4.) Ben and Betty pulling a victor and Monty by surviving a Team Rocket like blast off. And 5.) The mayor just stopping the road from being build like that. Tax payers voted for that road, and the crew was ready to work right that second to get paid to support and feed their families But yeah just cancel all that for bikes that MAKE YOU A TARGET FOR MONSTERS AND BLOW UP LIKE A MINI NUKE! What kinda mayor is that?

The actual Ranger stuff was good and great action but those problems just are deal breakers and I'm getting bad Ninja Steel flashbacks.

3/5
powerpackers90 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:03 AM #14
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

powerpackers90 wrote: View Post

3.) So a top Ranger Cyber spy organization has nothing more important to do then transport every animal in a park out?
What else would they be doing? It's not like they brought every member of Grid Battleforce out there. It was just the rangers, who didn't have anything else to do at the time, their Beast Bots, who wouldn't be needed without the rangers, and one scientist.
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:09 AM #15
> CLCN1111
Power Ranger

CLCN1111
Power Ranger

Why are their identities secret? Why?

And on that note, the one character that should keep his identity secret is the one riding around town with no helmet. There's no way people didn't see him. Of course it will be ignored and the citizens don't know Blaze is evil now. Come on show, be smarter.

Last edited by CLCN1111; March 16th, 2019 at 06:15 AM.
CLCN1111 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:11 AM #16
> Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

I have to say; the cinematography (is that the right word?) is great. That morphing sequence just looks beautiful. The American/New Zealand footage looks great, and I honestly can't tell what's Japanese or when it switches over.

All in al, I liked this episode better than last week's episode. 5/5 from me.

To date, the only downside I have is that the zord battle seem... superfluous? It's kind of like RPM, in that they're just shoehorned in at the end and seem rushed.
Arectaris Returned is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:13 AM #17
> Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger

Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger

Eh. Not a bad episode but it was kinda boring. 3/5.
Lordoftherangers is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:34 AM #18
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Well this is weird, my DVR did not record the episode. Which is weird since i have it set to record the full series
Gunpla Rider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:39 AM #19
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

I missed the first 5 minutes but I enjoyed it. The message was nicely incorporated and the characters are still great. My only major complaint is the Monster went down too quick. Did he even appear in Sentai footage?

Also as for the bike chase yeah it was silly but c'mon it's Power Rangers. If you can't handle silliness why are you even watching?
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:40 AM #20
> Kamen Rider Spade
Power Ranger

Kamen Rider Spade
Power Ranger

An ok episode but this 8am air time is really hard. Wish it was back at 12.
Kamen Rider Spade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote