Home Menu

Menu

Old March 15th, 2019, 11:59 AM #1
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Guardians of the Galaxy VOL. 3

Time to make a thread for the third film. James Gunn is back! Seriously, this is the best news ever. Who needs Suicide Squad anyway?

https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-g...es-1202576444/
Champ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:03 PM #2
> RangerLobo-Guara
Power Ranger

RangerLobo-Guara
Power Ranger

I'm really happy for that. I know he did wrong things, but it was a lot time ago. People should decide if they want to believe on things like death penalty and perpetual prison or redemption. It's too hash wanting people living paying for their past forever.
RangerLobo-Guara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:07 PM #3
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

RangerLobo-Guara wrote: View Post

I'm really happy for that. I know he did wrong things, but it was a lot time ago. People should decide if they want to believe on things like death penalty and perpetual prison or redemption. It's too hash wanting people living paying for their past forever.
Tell that to the gutter trash that infest Twitter.
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:08 PM #4
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Champ wrote: View Post

Who needs Suicide Squad anyway?
I mean. The Deadline article has this caveat:
"Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2."
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:59 PM #5
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Great News !!! He made the movies of Guardians of Galaxy amazing !!!
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 01:20 PM #6
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Well, I can't deny the fact that he made the Guardians of the Galaxy films outstanding, but I am still mixed about this. What he said in the past is very hard to defend. I feel like I am in the same position that I was five years ago about whether or not to see X-Men: Days of Future Past after all of the terrible things that surfaced about Bryan Singer. He was smart to step away from promoting that film while all of that was happening. I also decided to sell my copy of The Avengers after the horrific things Joss Whedon said about the boss of my future sister-in-law. I had already seen the film enough times anyway.

Right now it seems that Gunn is in fact sincerely sorry for what he had done. Whedon never once gave a formal apology for the terrible things he had written. I will just have to wait and see what I will do when this film is being released.

Last edited by ranger_scout; April 28th, 2019 at 07:50 PM.
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 01:34 PM #7
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

i could of sworn I read he isn't doing suicide squad 2 which im glad they never should of took him off GOTG glad to see they've sorted it out, it was a bit unfair to fire him after a ten year old comment, I mean Disney did some stuff ten years back that was horrible you don't see us digging that up
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:05 PM #8
> Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

You know what's worse than angrily attacking someone for pedophilic writings they made? Angrily attacking anyone who does that, simply because you like a god-damn film. Don't let your love for a film, or your rabid fandom, blind you to the fact that you fuckers are now singing the praises of yet another Hollywood sleazebag.

Am I saying he's a pedophile? I don't fucking know the guy.

But what I do know is that pedophilia is rampant in Hollywood. Terrifyingly so. So if someone even jokes about it when they're high up enough on the Hollywood food chain that they fucking KNOW what's going on right under their noses in their coke-fueled fuck parties, then they deserve all the criticism they god-damn get.
Prototype is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:09 PM #9
> Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay

one of my biggest predictions for "Endgame" was that the Guardians would remain dead since Disney kicked Gunn out & apparently wasn't even working hard for a replacement.

Guess that's no longer in play...
Arkvoodle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:15 PM #10
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

I'm quite happy to hear about this happening.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:19 PM #11
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Prototype wrote: View Post

You know what's worse than angrily attacking someone for pedophilic writings they made? Angrily attacking anyone who does that, simply because you like a god-damn film. Don't let your love for a film, or your rabid fandom, blind you to the fact that you fuckers are now singing the praises of yet another Hollywood sleazebag.

But what I do know is that pedophilia is rampant in Hollywood. Terrifyingly so. So if someone even jokes about it when they're high up enough on the Hollywood food chain that they fucking KNOW what's going on right under their noses in their coke-fueled fuck parties, then they deserve all the criticism they god-damn get.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:25 PM #12
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Don't let your love for a film, or your rabid fandom, blind you to the fact that you fuckers are now singing the praises of yet another Hollywood sleazebag.

So you do know him, but know enough to call him a sleazeball and call some off us "fuckers" ? I guess
Trey-El is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:28 PM #13
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

You know what's worse than angrily attacking someone for pedophilic writings they made? Angrily attacking anyone who does that, simply because you like a god-damn film.
The problem is that was never what it was about when his tweets were unearthed. They were unearthed by people with less-than-noble motivations because they didn't like his political views. I'm not gonna name the guy because he isn't worth it but the dude who had those tweets dug up isn't exactly sympathetic to victims of sexual assault himself. I don't buy for a second that he was digging them up as a public service.

You can be critical of an industry and whatever vices they have while also understanding that there's a second layer to all of this and keeping it in mind. This has never been as cut-and-dry as "Director revealed to say bad thing, director gets fired for it." Especially when those same tweets were dug up years ago when he first got pegged to direct the movie and he apologized the first time.

Prototype wrote:
I don't fucking know the guy.
You called him a sleazebag in the sentence before this one. You don't like him. You don't gotta feign being impartial about it.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:47 PM #14
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

The problem is that was never what it was about when his tweets were unearthed. They were unearthed by people with less-than-noble motivations because they didn't like his political views. I'm not gonna name the guy because he isn't worth it but the dude who had those tweets dug up isn't exactly sympathetic to victims of sexual assault himself. I don't buy for a second that he was digging them up as a public service.

You can be critical of an industry and whatever vices they have while also understanding that there's a second layer to all of this and keeping it in mind. This has never been as cut-and-dry as "Director revealed to say bad thing, director gets fired for it." Especially when those same tweets were dug up years ago when he first got pegged to direct the movie and he apologized the first time.

You called him a sleazebag in the sentence before this one. You don't like him. You don't gotta feign being impartial about it.
Bingo! The guy who "dug it up" literally wrote things like "women love being choked during sex"... Besides the obvious fact that Disney knew about it all in the first place.
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:55 PM #15
> TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

Fuck yeah, anytime the alt right doesn't get a win is a good day!

Here's what James had to say.
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...33508657651712
TheSentaiGuy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 04:08 PM #16
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

#1 Nobody has said what he said was OK because they liked a movie. What is being said is jokes are are not actions. You're basically saying that everyone who has ever made a pedophilia joke in their life is more likely to be a pedophile and that is just not how things work...

#2 You know the guy enough to call him a sleazebag apparently...

But what I do know is that pedophilia is rampant in Hollywood. Terrifyingly so.
#3 It's as rampant there as it is in any other sector. The difference is you've heard of the names attached. Pedophilia & general Sexual Assault is rampant in every industry. To pretend Hollywood is some hot bed of depravity all its own is so silly.

So if someone even jokes about it when they're high up enough on the Hollywood food chain
#4 He made these jokes when he was literally at the bottom of the food chain working on Troma movies that were made to literally be offensive and in your face. It was literally a fluke that he jumped from there into such a large role at Marvel.

that they fucking KNOW what's going on right under their noses in their coke-fueled fuck parties, then they deserve all the criticism they god-damn get.
#5 Oh please, hop off your high horse pretending you've lived a saintly life and never made an off color joke in your life.

Last edited by Xenotome; March 15th, 2019 at 04:24 PM.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 04:25 PM #17
> ⚡Moderator

Ok people let's dial things back a bit.

This moment should be a cause for celebration, not more arguing.
Moderator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 04:35 PM #18
> Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Xenotome wrote: View Post

#1 Nobody has said what he said was OK because they liked a movie. What is being said is jokes are are not actions. You're basically saying that everyone who has ever made a pedophilia joke in their life is more likely to be a pedophile and that is just not how things work...
I suppose what pisses me off is people acting like he's some kind of saint. I never said people couldn't enjoy the movie. I'll go on record and say I enjoyed both GotG films. I suppose ultimately I'm bitter about the rampant pedophilia network that exists in the world, and to a lesser extent bitter about people idolizing others.

To be fair, maybe that last part is outta line. I shouldn't get so shitty at what other people find enjoyment in. (unless it's pedophilia). So I'll cop to the fact I was a bit reactionary and nasty.

#2 You know the guy enough to call him a sleazebag apparently...
Sure. I stand by that. I don't know Bill Clinton personally either but find me someone who doesn't find that old bag of bones sleazy.

#3 It's as rampant there as it is in any other sector. The difference is you've heard of the names attached. Pedophilia & general Sexual Assault is rampant in every industry. To pretend Hollywood is some hot bed of depravity all its own is so silly.
Is it really so silly though? When it comes to the crimes of the world, the best way to cover them up is with public influence and money. You don't think these Hollywood schmucks have more influence and money than someone in, say, the construction industry? When you have people like Allison Mack involved in the NXIVM cult, and you have rampant immediate access to illicit substances, and god knows what else, it's pretty safe to say that yes, it is more rampant in Hollywood.

To pretend like Hollywood is a virtuous place where everyone wants happiness and rainbows is what's truly silly.

#4 He made these jokes when he was literally at the bottom of the food chain working on Troma movies that were made to literally be offensive and in your face. It was literally a fluke that he jumped from there into such a large role at Marvel.
Again, I agree I'm a bit reactionary about this shit.

#5 Oh please, hop off your high horse pretending you've lived a saintly life and never made an off color joke in your life. You watch Power Rangers despite one of its founding creatives, Shuki Levy, was a sexual predator.
Shuki's a predator? Fuck. I hadn't heard of that before. But look, I struggle to enjoy Power Rangers because of similar things. I find it difficult to watch knowing that it's financially aiding some rich fat schmuck who supports an Apartheid regime in Palestine while he puts out a show saying "yay friendship and understanding". Sickens me. This Shuki thing sickens me too.

Basically the only thing keeping me in the fandom is my rampant autism. I enjoy the colours, I enjoy the fights. I think the merch looks cool. Do I buy the merch? Nah, but it's nice to look at at least.

So I'm not saying "everything associated with this person is therefore bad". Hell, I'd be giving up my way-too-big Doctor Who DVD collection on that basis due to the fact Jimmy Savile was in a mini-skit if that was the case.

My opinions of the guy are my own, but I admit I shouldn't have been so reactionary at you guys. It can be hard to turn off my self-righteous indignation switch.
Prototype is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 04:39 PM #19
> Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

Hollywood IS sleazy. Its been that way for decades. This is why I always laugh when they decide to lecture people on right and wrong and all of their other moral grandstanding.
Mr.Karate is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 05:26 PM #20
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Champ wrote: View Post

Time to make a thread for the third film. James Gunn is back! Seriously, this is the best news ever. Who needs Suicide Squad anyway?

https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-g...es-1202576444/
I read this and almost did a spit take but then remembered this was exactly what I thought would happen anyway,

Also, it's still funny they got the Guardians guy to do the Suicide Squad redo, since its not really trying to be a sequel, when they clearly wanted the original to be their Guardians breakout film.

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

Well, I can't deny the fact that he made the Guardians of the Galaxy films outstanding, but I am still mixed about this. What he said in the past is very hard to defend.
If it helps, it was all said to get the very reaction you're having in the first place and was just that, saying dumb things for dumb jokes because young Gunn was in that Troma edgelord way back then. He never actually did anything, unlike Singer or Whedon. He just made bad jokes. They're offensive as hell, but it's basically a sticks and stones situation in the end, with literal nazis trying to control the narrative that his words were as bad as the sticks and stones of actual monsters out there.

Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

one of my biggest predictions for "Endgame" was that the Guardians would remain dead since Disney kicked Gunn out & apparently wasn't even working hard for a replacement.

Guess that's no longer in play...
Well, the film was mostly if not totally finished by the time of the firing anyway, and he was still a producer on Avengers, and the Russos had total control over things there, so it probably wouldn't have happened that way anyway. Plus they were already talking about making Guardians 3.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote