Votes: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 9th, 2019, 07:07 AM #41
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

It's really a fair point, though.

No point in sitting through a show you don't enjoy. I understand just not watching instead of watching knowing fully that you aren't gonna enjoy it.
Of course but it's just that I don't want the Hasbro era to be another dork age like the Neo-Saban era, hence I said I don't think this rubric will continue for the entirety of this era and I did say that I wasn't going to change the OP's mind, so I understood with what he said.

That being said, I apologise if I went too far on my response to his comment.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:10 AM #42
> Ashtear
Power Ranger

Ashtear
Power Ranger

Honestly for me, giving those weaknesses explanations make them even more silly lol. But I guess I can appreciate it. It's a kids show so I'm not going to knock it for being goofy. Also, we can't have Zoey influencing young kids into becoming candy devouring fiends lol. ("It's okay mommy! This Snickers Bar gives me super powers!")

I like how the alternate dimension is being treated as it's own lived in little world. Hinting at this Vargoyle guy as if he's even badder then Evox makes it seem like a legitimately dangerous place to go wandering around it. It's also apparently got the resources to build those megadrones. I'm not expecting much more, but it'll be interesting to see how they go on to treat that place.

Ben and Betty were cute. Not hilarious, but cute. I like how they can manage to be competent when needed. Not really a fan of the humor for some reason, but it never overstays its welcome.

But kids show or not, I'm baffled at how gun = sword. I get they gotta sell toys but did they have to implement it that way. >_>
Ashtear is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:11 AM #43
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

The Saban Brands writers have a weird sense of timing, something I'm actually debating on studying...

Because, like, it feels like they need to dull out everything to past the time...and then realize, "SHIT COMMERCIAL BREAK" and speed up some segments or parts, and overall you're left with this strange time flow where everything's slow, BUT over with at the same time.
MerCurryMeme is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:14 AM #44
> Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

Yeah, they copied each other's weaknesses from Go-Busters except RedBuster's weakness was chickens. And welcome back Kelson Henderson, he always has a job in Power Rangers.
Brown Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:18 AM #45
> OatandAboat
Kamen Ryda

OatandAboat
Kamen Ryda

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

Dude sometimes you just gotta say "It's Power Rangers" and move on.
He did move on. You guys are the ones that keep replying to his comment trying to make the ridiculousness of Power Rangers make sense.
OatandAboat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:20 AM #46
> HOW1215
Power Ranger

HOW1215
Power Ranger

Did anyone else get a Frax-vibe from Scroggle? I also found it funny that it's Cosmo's same VA.
HOW1215 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:29 AM #47
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

HOW1215 wrote: View Post

Barnes and Dale
Barnes & Dale wrote the story. Barnes, Dale, and someone named Johnny Hartmann (who apparently was story editor for Transformers: Robots in Disguise) did the teleplay.
SirStack is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:32 AM #48
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SirStack wrote: View Post

Barnes & Dale wrote the story. Barnes, Dale, and someone named Johnny Hartmann (who apparently was story editor for Transformers: Robots in Disguise) did the teleplay.
Wow it took them way less time for Hasbro to put their writers on board than I thought.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:42 AM #49
> Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

Another thing that peeves me is that they don't have a CGI transforming sequence. Just the animal-tornadoes. Now if one had shark DNA, you'd know what I mean.
Brown Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:43 AM #50
> dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

Ranger Conflict? Comic relief characters that try to be useful? A monster that doesn't grow by laser beams? No farting? What trickery is this?!

I thought this was a great follow up to the last episode. I'm liking the subtle clues being dropped like this Vargoyle character. The Scrozzle costume look great and looks like something that's come from Sentai. The Beast Bots so far are fine and likeable. Jax sounding like Danny Devito is amusing to me.
dark ranger 86 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:48 AM #51
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Amazing style the Cyber Dimension is really great vibes !!! Honest really liked the way Roxy and Blaze !!! the all Vargoyle scenario, maybe with Evox, seems the Cyber Dimension had more that one Main Villan !!! almost kind similar to the Neitherword
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:52 AM #52
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Brown Ranger wrote: View Post

Another thing that peeves me is that they don't have a CGI transforming sequence. Just the animal-tornadoes. Now if one had shark DNA, you'd know what I mean.
Sharknado? Lol.
Dexter1998 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:56 AM #53
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Loved this Ep. And it had a lot to explain. Glad it didn’t force in the Megazord as well.

Their weaknesses are corruptions, so I think they wouldn’t really need to fit logically. The fact that they went through the trouble explaining them is amazing.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:57 AM #54
> chrisrox110
Power Ranger

chrisrox110
Power Ranger

I am still cautious of this series but I can tell, they are trying. hopefully, they won't follow Dino charges steps in having a good first season and a bad second season.
chrisrox110 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:59 AM #55
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Another good episode with some substance.

I know hes meant to come across naive and kiddy, but im finding it hard to warm to devon at the moment. Probably my least favourite of the three. But im sure he’ll grow as a person over time.
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:17 AM #56
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

-I'm kind of already over Devon's mentions of video games. Hopefully that's just used at the start to establish his character and is toned down over the rest of the series

-Not sure how I feel about the usual zoom in helmet effect to see the Rangers's faces

-Still have the typical obvious lines like "Whoa, I froze" (paraphrasing) with Devon

-I don't really see why this is called Evox's Revenge, though

-Interesting to learn that Zoey was kicked as a cadet because she was working a job at the same time. I hope this is explored further

-The acting is still a bit awkward here and there, but it's only the second episode they've done. (Personally, I just think a bit different inflections would have helped the Ravi and Zoey argument a bit)

-Ben and Betty actually fit in with the episode instead of feeling like a second/B plot. Good!

-Wished we saw more of Roxy, but I like Blaze so far

-Of course it would have the lesson learned at the end, but I like how they handled while not focusing so much on it being Devon automatically but more showing why Ravi and Zoey don't work

-Small dialogue in fights, no witty one-liners, and I'll never get tired of civilian fights. (Will brooms become the new buckets?)

-I get the cats vs dogs and the eating carrots for energy thing, just not the try not to overheat thing (or do they really mean in terms of rage?)

Overall a good episode. I like that they're slowly fleshing things out. The premiere is still the best out of the two.
NightMere10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:22 AM #57
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

NightMere10 wrote: View Post

-I'm kind of already over Devon's mentions of video games. Hopefully that's just used at the start to establish his character and is toned down over the rest of the series
Ladies and gentlemen, we've found the next "EPIC!"

-I get the cats vs dogs and the eating carrots for energy thing, just not the try not to overheat thing (or do they really mean in terms of rage?)
I don't think it's rage. I think it's just literally "Don't get too hot". If he pushes himself too hard during a fight, he's gonna overheat and start attacking everyone, like Ryuji did in the sentai.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:25 AM #58
> LilyAnnaScott
Tattooed Turtle Ranger

LilyAnnaScott
Tattooed Turtle Ranger

Again another alright episode, Still not the best we've had before...Keeping the weaknesses dumb idea, Would make the Rangers easier to beat, The Beastbot Voices are okay (except Jax, deff should have been made into a female bot), the new bad guy Scrozzle or whatever his name is sounds way to much like Snide, The whole who is gonna be leader thing was unnecessary easy to see who was gonna be picked (the one who gets a special weapon, his bot turns into a bike and who's zord can fight more on its own), Hopefully Devon doesn't talk about video games all the time (He's my least fave so far)..Loved seeing the Jackrabbit Zord fighting (Deff My Fave Zord). Why would you use a blaster inside a cockpit?? deff a dumb thing and plus the Zord uses a Sword to fight. Betty and Ben are alright, just don't think they need to be in every episode, Blaze doesn't need to be wearing mascara, The Theme isn't the best, pretty generic and the Go Go Power Rangers part is deff forced (Ninja Steel's Theme was better), Saban and his people are still way to involved and it totally shows...I'd give this episode a 3 outta 5

Last edited by LilyAnnaScott; March 9th, 2019 at 08:43 AM.
LilyAnnaScott is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:27 AM #59
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

LilyAnnaScott wrote: View Post

.Keeping the weaknesses dumb idea, Would make the Rangers easier to beat,
That's why it's called a weakness.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:35 AM #60
> Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

Upon rewatching the episode, I have to say it's better than I initially thought.

However, the last five minutes is definitely rushed. I understand why that's the case (Power Rangers is a glorified toy commercial, after all), but even so-- it's a mess.

The monster went from fighting Devon in the city, to running... somewhere(?) outside of it. A random and unexplained change of scenery during mecha fights is nothing new for Power Rangers, but I definitely wish it would stop. I thought he was going to attack Gridbusters HQ; where is he going? GB HQ is smack dab in the middle of the city!

Hasbro should have just adopted the mecha fight / Yellow + Bluebuster dual fight from Gobusters Episode 1 and introduced the other zords later. That's actually the route I thought they were going.
Arectaris Returned is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
dont fear puppers, yummy carrot munch munch