Home Menu

Menu

Old September 2nd, 2018, 08:26 PM #61
> The No More Hero
Power Ranger

The No More Hero
Power Ranger

Thunder025 wrote: View Post

Watched the episode last night (cuz I missed it on TV for reasons beyond my control). I liked it a lot! Some points.

- My favourite scene of the episode isn't any of the fighting it's when the granpa asks Sougo if he is going to take the university entrance test and he just brushes it off saying that of course not cuz he is going to become a king. Such a great character moment for both characters.
Just a correction but that's Sougo's Uncle.

I forgot to talk about the opening-- It's like Ex-Aid, Kiva, and Drive rolled up into one and I loved it! Definitely a step up from Build's because the visuals matched and they knew how to pace it so the action starts when the beat dropped, Also that first part with the riders and the cast walking between the frozen rider kicks was beautiful!

But my two complaints that I noticed are
1) there's a weird cut where Geiz wipes blood from his mouth then it immediately and awkwardly cuts to him throwing his cloak off.
2) The scene where Zi-O and Geiz run down the stairs following a trial with their faces was awkward. I get it was suppose to show them running and dodging lasers but it just looked like they were playing a friendly game of tag.
The No More Hero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2018, 08:30 PM #62
> Thunder025
Saishio Ni Itte Oku

Thunder025
Saishio Ni Itte Oku

The No More Hero wrote: View Post

Just a correction but that's Sougo's Uncle.
Right! He said おじさん but I heard おじいさん. lol

The No More Hero wrote: View Post

2) The scene where Zi-O and Geiz run down the stairs following a trial with their faces was awkward. I get it was suppose to show them running and dodging lasers but it just looked like they were playing a friendly game of tag.
That's probably going to be that one scene that they are going to replace with a Power Up shot on the next iteration of the OP.
Thunder025 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 08:49 PM #63
> RichardX1
Power Ranger

RichardX1
Power Ranger

GreenNinja wrote: View Post

The year is 2018. Kuuga started in 2000. Look, Toei's idea of counting what starts as an "anniversary" is highly flexible.
I'd say they're making a big deal about it because it will be the last Kamen Rider series of the Heisei era.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/30/a...ntl/index.html
RichardX1 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2018, 08:57 PM #64
> ⚡GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

RichardX1 wrote: View Post

I'd say they're making a big deal about it because it will be the last Kamen Rider series of the Heisei era.

It was a joke about how Toei can declare any year the anniversary of something, even if they have to fudge the numbers a bit.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:05 PM #65
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

RichardX1 wrote: View Post

It's literally just all a gimmick. Toei doesn't actually care about it being the final Heisei era series. I mean they literally have back to back team up movies called "Heisei Generations FINAL" and "Heisei Generations FOREVER"

CAUSE IF YOU GOTTA GIMMICK! TOEI GIRL YOU'VE GOT IT MADE!
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:26 PM #66
> Thunder025
Saishio Ni Itte Oku

Thunder025
Saishio Ni Itte Oku

GreenNinja wrote: View Post

It was a joke about how Toei can declare any year the anniversary of something, even if they have to fudge the numbers a bit.
In Toei's defense they are not celebrating 20 years of the Heisei Riders but instead the 20th season of the Heisei Kamen Rider (平成仮面ライダーシリーズの20作品記念作品).
Thunder025 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:28 PM #67
> ⚡GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

GreenNinja
Kiritsugu Time

That just ties into what I was saying. Sometimes it's years, sometimes it's seasons. All depending on what's needed to make something a big event.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:42 PM #68
> The No More Hero
Power Ranger

The No More Hero
Power Ranger

I remember from Decade to Fourze, it felt like a four year long anniversary celebration where each season had some milestone associated with it and Toei was milking them for it. And I have a feeling from now to 2020, they're gonna do a repeat.
The No More Hero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:30 PM #69
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

The TV Size of Over Quartzer is available on the US iTunes & Spotify.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:53 PM #70
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

Thunder025 wrote: View Post

I wonder if they will explain the Sky Wall in the next episode. From what I remember from the interviews leading up to the show, they started filming back in April (while they were still filming Build) so maybe they didn't have the whole fusing the worlds figured out yet?

I hope they do explain it though, and if they mention the fact that time in Build's world moves faster then in the prime world (as seen in HeiGen Final), bonus points to them.
I guess the actual timetravel here works a bit differently than one would think - in that they might be travelling to certain points in Rider series' timeline, even if said timeline was reset or scrapped. Therefore, assuming they travel into Ryuki's time, they would be able to meet the Riders that were otherwise erased from existence.

Or whatever. It's not like the writers pay attention to the series that are not their own, lol
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 12:08 AM #71
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

The sub is out now. So, it has started pretty slow. Not too bad. The fight was pretty interesting. It was ok but here's hoping the next episode will be better.

Oh, btw... the opening, that was... brilliant. Well done.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 01:27 AM #72
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

This was one hell of an amazing start to the new season.
The premise and the new plot they introduced was great and more than solid for me. I enjoyed it more then the Ghost and Drive premiere.
I can see myself digging this season even without being somewhat an anniversary season.

I was a bit conflicted about what to think about Woz.. At first it seemed to me like he wanted him to become that EVIL Overloard but then it seemed to me like he just wanted him to become an overloard even without the evil part.
I get some Go-Buster Vibes here with Woz and he reminds me a bit of Enter.

Tsukuyomi was great involved in all of this to prevent him to become the overloard.

And the cameo of Build was hilarous.

Can't wait for next week
ZackMallory is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 01:39 AM #73
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Not a huge fan of Zi O so far. Episode 1 was rushed and boring...
AdamPark62 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 01:43 AM #74
> Jerry
Withering away

Jerry
Withering away

I dug it. Don't really see the pacing issues I've seen a lot of people complain about, but eh. Now to find just the right frame in the opening to screenshot for a wallpaper.
Jerry is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 04:18 AM #75
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Zi-O being born on 28/04/00 is interesting because I expected him to be born 30/01/00, the day Kuuga began. As far as I can tell, 28/04/00 has no significance in Rider history. It was a Friday, so no episode that day (Kuuga 14 aired on the 30th). However, 28/04/19 is a Sunday, so I expect it to play in there.

AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

Not a huge fan of Zi O so far. Episode 1 was rushed and boring...
Episode 1 is always rushed, they have to debut everything so they can sell toys. Episode 2 is normally where the plot gets going.
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 04:37 AM #76
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

Zi-O being born on 28/04/00
WAIT, for REAL? That is EXACTLY my birthdate :O
SuperStar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 04:38 AM #77
> Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

It's neat how many parallels the basic plot has with Decade, and tweaked just enough to be unique from it. I almost feel like Decade's episodes are going to be important mid-season ones. Sougo could have an important plot turn and Zi-O gains a special mode or ultimate mode. Two world destroyers working together against Another Decade, this time maybe to take Sougo on a different path from definitely becoming the Overlord. It'd be nice if Tsukasa is the one to convince him that fate can indeed be changed, or fulfilled in the spirit of what's predicted but not the letter.
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 05:03 AM #78
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

SuperStar wrote: View Post

WAIT, for REAL? That is EXACTLY my birthdate :O
I'm afraid we're going to have to kill you before you're able to become Ouma SuperStar.
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 05:15 AM #79
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Merlin wrote: View Post

It's neat how many parallels the basic plot has with Decade, and tweaked just enough to be unique from it. I almost feel like Decade's episodes are going to be important mid-season ones. Sougo could have an important plot turn and Zi-O gains a special mode or ultimate mode. Two world destroyers working together against Another Decade, this time maybe to take Sougo on a different path from definitely becoming the Overlord. It'd be nice if Tsukasa is the one to convince him that fate can indeed be changed, or fulfilled in the spirit of what's predicted but not the letter.
Even the opening scene was highly reminiscent of Natsumi's dream from the start of Decade. Speaking of which, I'm curious how that crossover is going to work as he doesn't really have a "world" to speak of they could travel to.
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 05:35 AM #80
> SmashZ
Power Ranger

SmashZ
Power Ranger

Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Even the opening scene was highly reminiscent of Natsumi's dream from the start of Decade. Speaking of which, I'm curious how that crossover is going to work as he doesn't really have a "world" to speak of they could travel to.
The Build scene this episode pretty much answered that. They'll jump to some random point during Decade in spite of it taking place in other worlds. Maybe some point during All Riders vs Dai-Shocker if they want a place with a more personal connection to Decade.
SmashZ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote