Home Menu

Menu


Closed
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:52 PM #6841
PowerPhantom245's Avatar
> PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,771
PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger
PowerPhantom245's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,771



Dukemon wrote: View Post

This was borderline spamming lol. The similarities end at color palette and dinosaurs. They're focusing much more on the knight motif than the dinosaur one, and the toy line itself is far removed from Kyoryuger already, and we haven't even seen past the first 5 in the mecha department.

Of course, they're not shying away from being similar either. Dinosaurs make money, so does nostalgia. That's basically their play. The results, so far, have been very positive.
So are you telling me "nostalgia" is what's going to save Sentai from cancellation? Last that mind set happened with Neo-Saban/Saban Brands there were lots of criticism that fan deserve something better and nearly destroyed the franchise (low toysales). lol

Talk about irony indeed.

hannibaLUCIO wrote: View Post

I can't help, I loved Kyoryuger
Well, that's great for you and I have no problem.
I just hate that show with burning passion.
To put in perspective of how much I hate that show, scrounge up any negative review of Saban Brands Era, particularly Tzachor Era (Samurai~Super Megaforce), switch title of Super Megaforce with Kyoeyuger and Tzachor with Sanjo, and that would sum up my thought on Kyoryuger; I don't need to say anymore.
PowerPhantom245 is offline    
Old March 16th, 2019, 01:22 AM #6842
Trey-El's Avatar
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 244
Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
Trey-El's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 244



Dukemon wrote: View Post

50). Dosun (Thumping) Kyo RyuSoul
(Blue’s Power Up)

51). HieHie (Freezing) Kyo RyuSoul
(Pink’s Power Up?)

52). MokuMoku (Billowing) Kyo RyuSoul
(Green’s Power Up?)

53). ByuuByuu (Howling; as in the wind) Kyo RyuSoul
(Black’s Power Up?)


These are what I'm excited to (potentially) see

Quick question though...

the Dosun Kyo RyuSoul is listed as blue's power up, but doesn't have the question mark like the other 3. So is a power up for Melt confirmed now?
Trey-El is offline    
Old March 16th, 2019, 01:24 AM #6843
tavionjackson's Avatar
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,144
tavionjackson
Power Ranger
tavionjackson's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,144



I think the assumption is that since there’s four kyokishiryu sounds in between red and gold power up, they probably belong to the others in that order.

The oni and geki kyoryusouls sound like they’ll be full body armored power ups.


I can’t help but think MosaRex will be based on a battleship from the game being a large aquatic dinosaur.
tavionjackson is online now    
Old March 16th, 2019, 01:28 AM #6844
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,532
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,532



AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

85 is a surprise...
Not really. Hasn't there been a sound for that in every toy for like the past 2 seasons? I could swear I remember seeing them.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline    
Old March 16th, 2019, 01:33 AM #6845
OXanium's Avatar
> OXanium
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 250
OXanium
Power Ranger
OXanium's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 250



Hopefully another 4 will get the power up woww
OXanium is offline    
Old March 16th, 2019, 01:47 AM #6846
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,081
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,081



A Team Power-up will be great, since Go-Busters we dont had a Team Power-up !!! unless we can consider in Kyuranger everyone had is own Power-up !!!
Akumaru is online now    
Old March 16th, 2019, 04:05 AM #6847
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,211
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,211



Trey-El wrote: View Post

These are what I'm excited to (potentially) see

Quick question though...

the Dosun Kyo RyuSoul is listed as blue's power up, but doesn't have the question mark like the other 3. So is a power up for Melt confirmed now?
Sorry; should have the question mark too. I was kind of half asleep while translating lol.

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

I think the assumption is that since there’s four kyokishiryu sounds in between red and gold power up, they probably belong to the others in that order.

The oni and geki kyoryusouls sound like they’ll be full body armored power ups.


I can’t help but think MosaRex will be based on a battleship from the game being a large aquatic dinosaur.
Basically, yeah. That’s what I’m assuming. Could absolutely be changed around a bit, but I think that’s a valid assumption.
Dukemon is offline    
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:39 AM #6848
tavionjackson's Avatar
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,144
tavionjackson
Power Ranger
tavionjackson's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,144



Makes sense to me haha. I could see everyone having a kishiryu and kyokishiryu.
tavionjackson is online now    
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:58 AM #6849
cassius335's Avatar
> cassius335
3-3-5. Masquerade!
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,990
cassius335
3-3-5. Masquerade!
cassius335's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,990



AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

Not really. Hasn't there been a sound for that in every toy for like the past 2 seasons? I could swear I remember seeing them.
Pity there's no "Pretty Cure" or "seems like a Magical Girl" Soul though...
cassius335 is offline    
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:59 AM #6850
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,081
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,081



I wonder if MasoRex will kind of Carrier Mecha too !!! unless the MasoRex had to be huge kind similar to the BattleFleet Megazord
Akumaru is online now    
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:55 AM #6851
FerrousMaelstrom's Avatar
> FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 141
FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger
FerrousMaelstrom's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 141



Hope it is power-ups for everyone else, getting tired of red getting everything. We probably won't get all of them, though I guess we do already have several versions of red. Weirdly amused by the tooth-brushing one, that's probably a 'buy this product' one like we've had a few times for clothes.
FerrousMaelstrom is offline    
Old March 16th, 2019, 07:28 AM #6852
maslego's Avatar
> maslego
Idea Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,318
maslego
Idea Ranger
maslego's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,318



So, which of these will turn out to be the LupinBlack/Patren -1 that we all obsess over only for it to never show up?
maslego is online now    
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 16th, 2019, 07:29 AM #6853
AkaGreen's Avatar
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,211
AkaGreen
JusticeForK
AkaGreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,211



maslego wrote: View Post

So, which of these will turn out to be the LupinBlack/Patren -1 that we all obsess over only for it to never show up?
"RyusoulTalon!"
AkaGreen is online now    
  Likes: (3)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 16th, 2019, 07:50 AM #6854
Konja7's Avatar
> Konja7
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
Konja7
Power Ranger
Konja7's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 2



PowerPhantom245 wrote: View Post

So are you telling me "nostalgia" is what's going to save Sentai from cancellation? Last that mind set happened with Neo-Saban/Saban Brands there were lots of criticism that fan deserve something better and nearly destroyed the franchise (low toysales). lol

Talk about irony indeed.
It isn't really nostalgia (this would imply they will try to appeal older fans).

It happens that dinosarus are pretty popular in Japan, so they will try to use a pretty popular theme to attract new young audience.


If Ryusoulgers attracts a good amount of new young fans (they are the main buyers of toys), they wouldn't care about the critiscim of older fans, while

Last edited by Konja7; March 16th, 2019 at 07:57 AM.
Konja7 is offline    
Old March 16th, 2019, 08:37 AM #6855
PowerPhantom245's Avatar
> PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,771
PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger
PowerPhantom245's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,771



Konja7 wrote: View Post

It isn't really nostalgia (this would imply they will try to appeal older fans).

It happens that dinosarus are pretty popular in Japan, so they will try to use a pretty popular theme to attract new young audience.


If Ryusoulgers attracts a good amount of new young fans (they are the main buyers of toys), they wouldn't care about the critiscim of older fans, while
Isn't that exactly what Neo-Saban/Saban Brands did in past 8-years?
...and look what happened; it attracted younger audience and heavily criticized by older fans.
What makes you think it would work for Sentai?

I don't mind dinosaur theme sentai, but at the very least change the format for once.
Do Toei and Bandai REALLY think NON-RED T-Rex Ranger is NOT profitable?
4 T-Rex Ranger for ALL dinosaur sentai is kind of ridiculous; what if all animal motif sentai had Red Lion Rangers?
Is lack of SJW is a reason why there hasn't been 2-Female in 5-men team for dino sentai? I wouldn't mind another Female Green Ranger of even Female Black Ranger (which has yet to happen).
As business standpoint, it would be more profitable if Toei/Bandai takes a risk to do something different with popular motif; beside, if this might end up being "last/final" Sentai why not take the risk?
PowerPhantom245 is offline    
Old March 16th, 2019, 09:33 AM #6856
Trey-El's Avatar
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 244
Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
Trey-El's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 244



PowerPhantom245 wrote: View Post

Isn't that exactly what Neo-Saban/Saban Brands did in past 8-years?
...and look what happened; it attracted younger audience and heavily criticized by older fans.
What makes you think it would work for Sentai?
It worked for Saban. If the entire point was to attract younger audiences, a plan that you said succeeded, then it worked. Ryusoulger is trying to do that same thing regardless of what the older audience says. Being criticized by an audience older than your intended one is less detrimental than it is for the target audience to do

PowerPhantom245 wrote: View Post

I don't mind dinosaur theme sentai, but at the very least change the format for once.
Do Toei and Bandai REALLY think NON-RED T-Rex Ranger is NOT profitable?
4 T-Rex Ranger for ALL dinosaur sentai is kind of ridiculous; what if all animal motif sentai had Red Lion Rangers?
Is lack of SJW is a reason why there hasn't been 2-Female in 5-men team for dino sentai? I wouldn't mind another Female Green Ranger of even Female Black Ranger (which has yet to happen).
As business standpoint, it would be more profitable if Toei/Bandai takes a risk to do something different with popular motif; beside, if this might end up being "last/final" Sentai why not take the risk?
One thing I think is not realized is that if red is not a lion in an animal season, he's usually and eagle or tiger. My point being, if the T-Rex is the most popular dinosaur and red is the front man, they're going to go together no matter what.

Secondly, some seasons of the last decade have been risks, particularly last year that got them to this point. If risks haven't been working and they're on their last legs, they will need something they know sells instead of doing another risk with a potential to fail. And no, from a business standpoint, taking a risk over something you know sells isn't the best idea if you were struggling with profits off of previous risks
Trey-El is offline    
Old March 16th, 2019, 09:38 AM #6857
tavionjackson's Avatar
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,144
tavionjackson
Power Ranger
tavionjackson's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,144



I guess we’re going to spend all year talking about this..
tavionjackson is online now    
Old March 16th, 2019, 09:41 AM #6858
Trey-El's Avatar
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 244
Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
Trey-El's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 244



tavionjackson wrote: View Post

I guess we’re going to spend all year talking about this..
Definitely. The argument of it being dinosaurs again is going to be the "lupinrangers get too much!!!! " of this year
Trey-El is offline    
  Likes: (3)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 16th, 2019, 09:48 AM #6859
tavionjackson's Avatar
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,144
tavionjackson
Power Ranger
tavionjackson's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,144



maslego wrote: View Post

So, which of these will turn out to be the LupinBlack/Patren -1 that we all obsess over only for it to never show up?
Most of the sounds are for auxiliary souls, most likely armors. None of the sounds exactly mention future rangers or mecha. The only sound that hints at more rangers doesn’t have a color associated with it, which is probably for Toei to throw things in if they choose.
tavionjackson is online now    
Old March 16th, 2019, 09:53 AM #6860
sylarking's Avatar
> sylarking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,353
sylarking
Power Ranger
sylarking's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,353



Trey-El wrote: View Post

Definitely. The argument of it being dinosaurs again is going to be the "lupinrangers get too much!!!! " of this year
I'm sorry but not everyone is going to like the same show that's life.
sylarking is online now    
Closed

Tags
be healthy duke, dino force brave 2, dino knight, dinot again, dragon sentai... loljk, its about to get wild, kyoryuger 2, no dragon rangers for you

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.