Home Menu

Menu

Closed

Old August 13th, 2018, 08:55 AM #21
> QueenBee9
Power Ranger

QueenBee9
Power Ranger

Maybe a series where the cars are hybrids of popular car models and legendary Japanese creatures?

Also would not mind a three female two male team. It would be about time!
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:05 AM #22
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Fyntabulous wrote: View Post

I have a feeling after the last few years, we're pretty much guaranteed not only a team of 5, but a traditional color format as well. Like R/B/Y/G/P or such.
Agreed. Maybe something slightly out of that norm, but I could see them going very traditional with the color scheme for the core set.

HydroFlyer2.0 wrote: View Post

If the person who leaked information about Zi-O is to be believed at all (they were one of the first to explain that the masks would have text on them, I believe), they said that Toei was playing with the idea of a three female, five person team as well as a two Ranger start, one male, one female, team. Doesn't mean that's what they actually ended up deciding on at all, and for all we know, it could be a "what if we" discussion that was never taken seriously, but I'd be down for either one of those scenarios.

Also, I hope that blue is a female because for some reason, I have a strong love for them. I mean, the fact that we've only had FIVE of them in 40+ years is weird.
My confidence in that rumor, the little that there was, is waning. They could have easily just got the information early from 2ch, before I and others saw it there. Doesn't mean that Toei won't explore having more women on a team in the future, but we'll see. (It would actually play to most Isekai series, if that's a route they were going.)

I think I can say across the board that female blue rangers tend to be among my favorite characters.

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

My money's on cars honestly. We're due one, and also, wasn't cars rumoured for ages last year? And haven't we also heard this year and last year's shows swapped places? Could mean we could get cars.

Or maybe I just want another car show.
Definite possibility, as is anything at this stage. Cars was rumored, but we did end up with Patranger on that front. All their mechs are of the wheeled variety. Flying was the rumor from last year that was apparently true, and supposed to be this year's motif instead of Lupat...but given how half the mecha are flying machines this year, I can't see that being the immediate follow-up either.

I'm expecting something more organic than cars, but who knows.

Otokusastu Zetto wrote: View Post

Hey hey a rpg type set in a modern tokyo would be rad Imagine the thing.

Red = Warrior
Blue = Knight
Black = Thief
Yellow = Monk
Green = Archer
White = Priest
Purple = Wizard
Orange = Barbarian

etc etc etc and you can have fantasy creature as Zord who match each rpg characters archetype. For exemple a Pegasus for the knight, a Dragon for the Warrior .... etc etc.
Something like that is where I imagine we're going to be headed next year. But that's just based off of what Japanese fans seem to want, and the recent boom of Isekai anime.

QueenBee9 wrote: View Post

Maybe a series where the cars are hybrids of popular car models and legendary Japanese creatures?

Also would not mind a three female two male team. It would be about time!
That was actually a rumor from last year hehe.

Last edited by Dukemon; August 13th, 2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:12 AM #23
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Kyuranger is too recent to have a green female so I'd say green male and white female.

I also think we should have a caucasian/raised in Japan ranger on the team or at least a Half caucasian/half japanese ranger
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:15 AM #24
> Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay

We don't even have any serious rumors and people are already about to start speculating on the characters' hairstyles.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:18 AM #25
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

I wonder if we won't get another team with a larger size next year. If Sentai wants to stick to mecha as its main selling point, as it's pretty much always done, then having a bigger cast to be associated with those mecha might be a good move. They'd probably just need the right theme. Sci-fi and military themed vehicles haven't been super popular with kids since before Go-Busters, the only kids shows I see where that worked is Gundam and that's because they're robots and not smaller pieces.

It'd be interesting to see a more fantasy heavy series with a larger cast again, probably along the lines of Kyoryuger in theme. (not necessarily tone)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:19 AM #26
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Well we're coming off a slew of pretty unique takes, I don't really think going back to standards is as likely as people may expect. Team size and aesthetics wise, it's been so long since we had a standard really. Even the teams that have had 5 man rosters have been more experimental than standard in their rosters.

I think speculating on any of those aspects is too up in the air anymore. The only thing I'd say you really could speculate there is that it will not be as expected or closer to traditional standards.

This includes the feeling a fantasy series is overdue. It might make sense as we've gone through all the other motifs since Gokaiger, but expecting that will only cause them to go in some insane route in the opposite direction. Although, it would be cool to see some fantasy/mythical creature type motif/theme again. It's been a while since we had some solid magical creature mecha types, sure there's been a dragon or two mixing in every so often, but I'd really like to see some more mythical creatures as mecha again.

Though they'd probably mix it with another theme for aesthetic. Maybe cars that turn into mythical creatures or are hybrids. I don't really want to see that, I'd rather get solid dragons, unicorns, minotaurs, etc, as their own mecha. But it just seems like the kind of aesthetic Toei would currently go for to hybridize them Go-Onger style if they went towards fantasy this time around.
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:28 AM #27
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

orangeranger198 wrote: View Post

Lol! I bet this means Red will be male.
Could always be a ruse. I mean one joke I remember from Shinkenger's first episode prior to any hints of Kaoru was Ryunosuke confusing Mako as potentially the "leader" and thus the Red being a girl there.

Though if they had a female Red, they should make it Kakuranger-esque: female Red, four retainers (all males or maybe one female to keep the 3/2)
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:34 AM #28
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

Kyuranger is too recent to have a green female so I'd say green male and white female.

I also think we should have a caucasian/raised in Japan ranger on the team or at least a Half caucasian/half japanese ranger
I mean, we technically had that with the first Sentai series hehe.

Shirubaa wrote: View Post

We don't even have any serious rumors and people are already about to start speculating on the characters' hairstyles.
Ah, rumor season.

Ryoutarou wrote: View Post

I wonder if we won't get another team with a larger size next year. If Sentai wants to stick to mecha as its main selling point, as it's pretty much always done, then having a bigger cast to be associated with those mecha might be a good move. They'd probably just need the right theme. Sci-fi and military themed vehicles haven't been super popular with kids since before Go-Busters, the only kids shows I see where that worked is Gundam and that's because they're robots and not smaller pieces.

It'd be interesting to see a more fantasy heavy series with a larger cast again, probably along the lines of Kyoryuger in theme. (not necessarily tone)
Could definitely see this happening. Even if the extra rangers don't stick around full-time (like Kyoryuger) having characters to associate with the mecha does help their sales.
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:36 AM #29
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I hope we get either the hurricanger, gekiranger go-onger team up set up again, building around the trio with other unique rangers.
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:54 AM #30
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

Circus. Fight me.
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:57 AM #31
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Well, if the main rumor is fantasy, I'd love something using mythology. I dunno, maybe use the four celestial animals from chinese mithology? Always wanted to see one going full at it (closest would be Dairanger).

Considering the current rumor of female Blue, I'd like male Green and Red to complete a core trio.

Hey, it fits Toei's whole "playing around with colors" thing as well as be justice for what we didn't get on Patoranger
Old August 13th, 2018, 10:17 AM #32
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

We're still due our next kung fu season, darnit. I'm not waiting another 3 years for the Dairanger-Gekiranger gap to max out.
Old August 13th, 2018, 10:36 AM #33
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

BlueSenshi wrote: View Post

I do want to see more unique team sizes. 9 was a bit overkill with the Kyurangers.
Think it'd be interesting seeing a team of 2 or 4.
Two people would never feel like a team to me - more suited to Kamen Rider where the main Rider is often half of a duo. Four is possible, but with an extra Ranger we'd be back up to five and the only show thus far that's had a team of four (JAKQ) didn't do too well
Old August 13th, 2018, 10:45 AM #34
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Activator wrote: View Post

Circus. Fight me.
Partridge Family/Traveling band. I've been gunning for this for years

-Mentor is the boss of the band

-Red and Blue are the John and Paul of the band. Best friends

-Pink is the groupie

-Another member of the group is the technician/sound engineer

Another team shows up. Rival Band
Old August 13th, 2018, 11:01 AM #35
> powerpipo
Power Ranger

powerpipo
Power Ranger

screamqueen wrote: View Post

Two people would never feel like a team to me - more suited to Kamen Rider where the main Rider is often half of a duo. Four is possible, but with an extra Ranger we'd be back up to five and the only show thus far that's had a team of four (JAKQ) didn't do too well
I don't think we will ever see a sentai of four as four is related to death (shi means four and death) in Japan.
Usually it's the villain that has 4 people, in order to bring them bad luck too
Old August 13th, 2018, 11:02 AM #36
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

There were 4 Abarangers in the team for most of the show. Also both the Lupinrangers and Patrangers have 4 each.
Old August 13th, 2018, 11:11 AM #37
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Merlin wrote: View Post

We're still due our next kung fu season, darnit. I'm not waiting another 3 years for the Dairanger-Gekiranger gap to max out.
Martial Arts would fall into the fantasy category for Super Sentai, except for maybe Maskman, where it's kind of both sci-fi and fantasy. I'd be down for that.

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

There were 4 Abarangers in the team for most of the show. Also both the Lupinrangers and Patrangers have 4 each.
We also had JAKQ. 4 is definitely an unlucky number in Japan, but as long as the number 4 isn't actually being said, it's not something they care about. And the team wouldn't stay 4 for very long anyway.
Old August 13th, 2018, 11:21 AM #38
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Taking this “sentai countdown” in account, next year, we’d be looking at something to do with the number 7. Theres a lot of possibilities.
Old August 13th, 2018, 11:29 AM #39
> Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !

Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Something like that is where I imagine we're going to be headed next year. But that's just based off of what Japanese fans seem to want, and the recent boom of Isekai anime.
Or a Super Sentai going like this, an IRL fan of Super Sentai die and goes to the world of Super where here he become a Warrior and with his knowledge of Super Sentai he help to eliminate the Bad Guy of the year.

Something like Knight & Magic meet Konosuba meet Super Sentai

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

I'd like a Black Female and a Male Pink

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

Taking this “sentai countdown” in account, next year, we’d be looking at something to do with the number 7. Theres a lot of possibilities.
Why number 7 ?
Old August 13th, 2018, 11:30 AM #40
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Otokusastu Zetto wrote: View Post

Or a Super Sentai going like this, an IRL fan of Super Sentai die and goes to the world of Super where here he become a Warrior and with his knowledge of Super Sentai he help to eliminate the Bad Guy of the year.
Hikounin Sentai Akibaranger.
Closed

Tags
be healthy duke, dino force brave 2, dino knight, dinot again, dragon sentai... loljk, its about to get wild, kyoryuger 2, no dragon rangers for you