Home Menu

Menu

Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:04 PM #21
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

mrgamer123 wrote: View Post

Can't we have one Power Rangers game that doesn't involve sixth or special rangers being like 70% of the game.
Never fear. The RPG will be here soon. Surely it will have 6th rangers but core rangers seem to be way more important
TyrannoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 04:50 AM #22
> Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

AgentAbrella wrote: View Post

It honestly makes me wonder why Kat Ranger is the first and only representative for SPD in this game. It just feels weird, but at the same time it's nice to see her in something else. I'm hoping we get some of the core SPD Rangers in the game soon.
Yeah its really weird that they put her in the game over literally anyone else from SPD. Even with the fact that she's a special ranger, you'd think they'd pick Shadow Ranger over her due to his popularity.
Doritoscoper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 08:14 AM #23
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Well dang. Since yesterday's little 19 mb patch, my lag has almost entirely gone away. I climbed from 4700 to 5500 this morning alone lol, this is what happens when the game works. >_>
DaybreakRachel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 08:30 AM #24
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

DaybreakRachel wrote: View Post

Well dang. Since yesterday's little 19 mb patch, my lag has almost entirely gone away. I climbed from 4700 to 5500 this morning alone lol, this is what happens when the game works. >_>
Behold the power of the Samurai Megazord.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 08:35 AM #25
> GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay
GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay

Really curious to see how Samurai plays. I did some training against it last night. The second slot has his block and a breaker. Not ideal to cycle quickly.
GaoHunter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 02:56 PM #26
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

I doubt I'll ever switch off the Predazord, it's just too convenient to have your skills slotted in a way that requires zero cycling ever.

And yeah, sometimes I worry people judge me for not being as good at this game as I act like I am, because my medal rank drops so low sometimes. It's just hard when even "slow" attacks like Trini's headbutt are essentially unblockable now, when I could block it on reaction easily six months ago. So days like today are a nice ego boost.

I'm curious, what assists are people finding best for Ninjor now?

On one hand, he needs a low-cost strike like Kim/Tommy/Udonna to absorb breakers, since his own strikes are too costly now. Without one of them, he just eats breakers all day now thanks to the nerf.

But on the other hand, he still needs a hard hitter like Lauren/Billy/Zack/Trent to make his combos worthwhile, he already struggles with poor damage output as it is.

Also Riff I stand by what I said about Lauren. Ninjor can still combo his launcher into Lauren, but not his strike combo anymore. I'd much rather have an assist that combos off either strike tbh, even if it means sacrificing some damage.

Last edited by DaybreakRachel; March 23rd, 2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 03:10 PM #27
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

I've found no reason to deviate from my Ninjor/Zack/Lauren team. Yeah, it's evil and meta and fuck me, but it works, even post-nerf. I was never very into dash cancelling his mult-hit and going into Zack or Lauren anyway. The nerf has really changed nothing at all for how I play Ninjor. I just plain don't use him very much anymore. I've moved on to Udonna as my primary leader and of course, I'm still faithful to my beloved V2 and 93 Rita.

And no one in our alliance is judging you. That's one of the things I really like to stress about our alliance. We really don't give a shit about skill or medal count. Just donate. You're usually right on my heels in the medal count and trust me, I lose A LOT. I do miss always being number 1 in our alliance...Dunc really ruined that for me. I really don't know why I let him back in sometimes
Old March 23rd, 2018, 03:16 PM #28
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

It just blows my mind that people have multiple maxed out characters. I've spent hundreds on this game and my highest level characters are still my level 11 Kendrix and Movie Zack assist, no one else is even close.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 03:19 PM #29
> GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay
GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay

RiffRanger wrote: View Post

And no one in our alliance is judging you. That's one of the things I really like to stress about our alliance. We really don't give a shit about skill or medal count. Just donate. You're usually right on my heels in the medal count and trust me, I lose A LOT. I do miss always being number 1 in our alliance...Dunc really ruined that for me. I really don't know why I let him back in sometimes
I know you love me Riff.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 03:21 PM #30
> Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

I think they should buff the damage on the last two hits on Ninjor's triple strike. It would give him another strong attack without affecting cheap players that do the strike->cancel->breaker combo.
Doritoscoper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 03:27 PM #31
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Anyway Riff, you don't find Ninjor struggles with breaker spam now? My strategy to bear Ninjor now is basically just let him do whatever he wants to me, then breaker him to death. His strikes don't recharge EP fast enough to do anything about it, so as long as I do more damage than his combos (not hard since his strikes are fast but weak), I win.

Also thanks to the score attack mode, I think I want to buy Preston next chance I get. For the past few months I've been hoarding all my crystals to throw at Zeo Gold specials, but I REALLY like the way Preston plays.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 03:34 PM #32
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

Like I said, I donít play him much anymore but when I do I really havenít noticed a difference compared to how he was pre-nerf.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 04:41 PM #33
> ivoryranger
Power Ranger

ivoryranger
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel wrote: View Post

Anyway Riff, you don't find Ninjor struggles with breaker spam now? My strategy to bear Ninjor now is basically just let him do whatever he wants to me, then breaker him to death. His strikes don't recharge EP fast enough to do anything about it, so as long as I do more damage than his combos (not hard since his strikes are fast but weak), I win.

Also thanks to the score attack mode, I think I want to buy Preston next chance I get. For the past few months I've been hoarding all my crystals to throw at Zeo Gold specials, but I REALLY like the way Preston plays.
Absolutely. I basically lose all my fights with Ninjor now to breaker spam. At least, the ones I don't lose to Tommy Flying Kick Spam.
ivoryranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 04:55 PM #34
> GearRanger
Zord Mechanic

GearRanger
Zord Mechanic

Samurai Megazord feels SUUUPPPEERR sluggish. Its not bad or anything, its just how it plays. I think its because its attacks have a lot of windup and end lag.
GearRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 05:33 PM #35
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

GearRanger wrote: View Post

Samurai Megazord feels SUUUPPPEERR sluggish. Its not bad or anything, its just how it plays. I think its because its attacks have a lot of windup and end lag.
It plays a lot like Thunder. It's slow but effective. It's worth buying solely for its Ultimate Mega. That Beetle Blaster Megazord finishing move is evil.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 05:42 PM #36
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Do the ultimate attacks all have other effects? I know Dino's has the full shutdown, but I couldn't tell if Goldar or Pred's do anything useful.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 05:51 PM #37
> eishiba
BouKen red

eishiba
BouKen red

So how are people doing the Ape Assault and nailing 5 or 6 hits while the opponent staggers back? When I use it, it just acts like a boomerang.
eishiba is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 06:06 PM #38
> GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay
GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay

Seems like it hits more when used at range.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 06:13 PM #39
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

Yeah if you do it at close range it just goes through the opponent and boomerangs back. You have to get the distance right for it to fully connect.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 06:42 PM #40
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Ugh, tried the Megazord for the first time in ages, just for kicks. And then since it counts for the '30 Battles' mission, figured I'd burn my energy. Thankfully it wasn't for wins, cause that didn't happen. Well I won 3 battles, out of like a dozen or so. Yeah, it was basically a slaughterfest as usual. Just get pummeled by the opponent most of the time, stunned and unable to move. But opponents sure have an easy time launching attacks while I'm attacking them. Though I was a little closer to unlocking a couple parts of the Predazord so that also tempted me to play. But meh, still just not fun at all for me. At least I didn't lose medals to get the mission battles like during warrior matches, so there's that bonus heh.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
beetle blaster badass, chicken ranger, legacy wars, samurai beetle = ouch