Home Menu

Menu

Old June 27th, 2018, 12:25 PM #21
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

I still am not happy with Sony's plans. Still hoping for them to call it a day after Venom because I've had enough of their control over the Spider-Man film series plus if Marvel Studios decides to do a Blade reboot, I rather have Morbius in that film as a foe to him.
Sony's not just going to sit on all their rights waiting for Marvel's every move.

Plus, if a Blade reboot ever does happen, then Morbius could be an anti-hero to him. Heck, this Morbius movie could push public desire for your Blade reboot.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 12:28 PM #22
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Doesn't Marvel own Blade though?
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 12:32 PM #23
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

hasso_primo wrote: View Post

Sony's not just going to sit on all their rights waiting for Marvel's every move.
Yeah, no. I don't expect the three films in development to be made at all and I seriously have had enough of Sony's plans to do so. I've waited so long for Spidey to appear in the MCU but I don't want a long time for Marvel to fully regain the film rights from Sony, especially I'm fed up with their meddling and this is not going to help them at all. Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this.

Plus, if a Blade reboot ever does happen, then Morbius could be an anti-hero to him. Heck, this Morbius movie could push public desire for your Blade reboot.
No, I don't think that this will be the film to push public desire for the Blade reboot.

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

Doesn't Marvel own Blade though?
That is correct.
AdrenalineRush is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 12:37 PM #24
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

Coming soon Sony's The Spot.
yami senshi youkaiou is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 12:38 PM #25
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this.
That's not my opinion, that's the truth.

No company would hand over billions of dollars worth of intellectual property licenses to a competitor because the products would be subjectively better. They're going to make money with what they legally own, that's their only job.

yami senshi youkaiou wrote: View Post

Coming soon Sony's The Spot.
As long as it's the gentlemanly Brit version, I'm in.
Old June 27th, 2018, 12:38 PM #26
> red-thunder
Power Ranger

red-thunder
Power Ranger

How long is it gonna be until Sony announces a movie staring The Spot?
red-thunder is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 27th, 2018, 01:18 PM #27
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

That's not my opinion, that's the truth.
Let me clarify. I disagree with you on that they should be made, not what you think as in me implying that your comment was an opinion.

No company would hand over billions of dollars worth of intellectual property licenses to a competitor because the products would be subjectively better. They're going to make money with what they legally own, that's their only job.
And also, I never said that Marvel regaining them would necessarily mean subjectively better stuff as I don't expect the MCU version of the X-Men to be subjectively better than Fox's version.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; June 27th, 2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old June 27th, 2018, 01:38 PM #28
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

I disagree with you on that they should be made
But I never once said that.

Re-read and concentrate, remember?
Old June 27th, 2018, 01:51 PM #29
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

But I never once said that.

Re-read and concentrate, remember?
After re-reading your comment, I'll clarify my comment one last time. I disagree with that they are not just going to sit on all their rights waiting for Marvel's every move but I don't necessarily mean that this would result in subjectively better stuff and I therefore apologise for not understanding your comment originally.

You're right that Sony have every legal right to do these films but they have every legal right not doing them as well.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; June 27th, 2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old June 27th, 2018, 02:01 PM #30
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

You're right that Sony have every legal right to do these films but they have every legal right not doing them as well.
Obviously that, but this isn't about legality, it's about financial responsibility.

When a corporation spends a lot of money on something, they have a responsibility to make money off of what they bought. To avoid it due to previous creative missteps may make them look better to the people not interested in their film slate, but they are obliged to look good to their investors.
Old June 27th, 2018, 02:04 PM #31
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

When a corporation spends a lot of money on something, they have a responsibility to make money off of what they bought. To avoid it may make them look better to the people not interested in their film slate, but they only want to look good to their investors.
Understandable.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; June 27th, 2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old June 27th, 2018, 03:02 PM #32
> Mefista
""everything""-phobic

Mefista
""everything""-phobic

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Jared Leto's signed on to play Morbius

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/j...us-1202799820/
Aaand I was right, it is going to blow.
Mefista is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 03:07 PM #33
> CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

After Suicide Squad,I never want to see Jared Leto near another comic book movie ever again.
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 09:33 PM #34
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

CheckeredRanger wrote: View Post

After Suicide Squad, I never want to see Jared Leto near another comic book movie ever again.
You do realise that he wasn't to blame for Suicide Squad for being a critical disaster, right?
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:20 PM #35
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

You do realise that he wasn't to blame for Suicide Squad for being a critical disaster, right?
He certainly didn't help. Jared Leto's performance and behind the scenes activity are only part of that movie's many flaws. The point there is that he's not an actor people want to see do comics again because of how bad he did the Joker not that he alone made that movie a critical disaster.

I can't wait to see him as Morbius and find out he actively stalked his co-stars on set, hid in their closets to watch them sleep, refused to come out during daylight, drank actual blood, and tried to kill/bite his costars for their blood on several occasions of "method acting". I feel like it's good money to bet on at least two of those things happening during filming honestly.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:30 PM #36
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

He is a method character actor. Which can cause a lot of problems. If the movie was awesome people would be applauding him for what he did. Since it sucks they want to latch onto every negative detail they can blame it. Leto wasn't the problem with the movie. It was the writing and directing that were of issue.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:31 PM #37
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

I can't wait to see him as Morbius and find out he actively stalked his co-stars on set, hid in their closets to watch them sleep, refused to come out during daylight, drank actual blood, and tried to kill/bite his costars for their blood on several occasions of "method acting". I feel like it's good money to bet on at least two of those things happening during filming honestly.
Oh, man. Now, I've got that in my head.
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:42 PM #38
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

He is a method character actor. Which can cause a lot of problems. If the movie was awesome people would be applauding him for what he did. Since it sucks they want to latch onto every negative detail they can blame it. Leto wasn't the problem with the movie. It was the writing and directing that were of issue.
That's a huge misconception. What Leto did isn't really what method acting is, it's just being a jerk and justifying it because it was playing pretend and pretending to be method, I think he even actually tries to call his behavior method acting too just to show how bad he is at it.

Method acting does not involve "staying in character" at all times. In a very simplified explanation its more like thinking like the character when playing the character instead of thinking like you remembering lines and directions. You through different processes come up with how the character would think and act in situations, and then do that in the scene instead of just repeat a line or follow a direction. You do not mail someone dead rats or slip used tampons into another actor's trailer because you're in character off screen, that's just being an awful person.
Old June 28th, 2018, 12:05 AM #39
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

That's a huge misconception. What Leto did isn't really what method acting is, it's just being a jerk and justifying it because it was playing pretend and pretending to be method, I think he even actually tries to call his behavior method acting too just to show how bad he is at it.

Method acting does not involve "staying in character" at all times. In a very simplified explanation its more like thinking like the character when playing the character instead of thinking like you remembering lines and directions. You through different processes come up with how the character would think and act in situations, and then do that in the scene instead of just repeat a line or follow a direction. You do not mail someone dead rats or slip used tampons into another actor's trailer because you're in character off screen, that's just being an awful person.
Again had the film been successful people applaud that behavior. I don't condone it but I don't blame him for the movies failures. He one man can not cause that film to be that badly done.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2018, 08:38 AM #40
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Again had the film been successful people applaud that behavior. I don't condone it but I don't blame him for the movies failures. He one man can not cause that film to be that badly done.
I don't think he'd be applauded even if the movie was successful, that behavior is kind of universally bad and looked down on. This really has nothing to do with the success of the movie either, just the bad reception of him as an actor and human being. That said, Leto's not the sole reason that movie was badly received but he is a reason, he's a symptom of a greater problem.