Home Menu

Menu

Old January 25th, 2017, 09:03 PM #21
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

So, what is everyones thoughts on Chloe getting the Bee Miraculous, and Alya getting the fox?
Gunpla Rider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2017, 09:33 PM #22
> clark1951
Devotee of Megaforce Pink

clark1951

An episode I'd like to see is where Adrien is akumatised and the lovely Ladybug must fight him and is left wondering why Cat Noir isn't coming to help.
clark1951 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2017, 09:36 PM #23
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

clark1951 wrote: View Post

An episode I'd like to see is where Adrien is akumatised and the lovely Ladybug must fight him and is left wondering why Cat Noir isn't coming to help.
I believe it was said that Miraculous holders can not get Akumatized. Though its been hinted that Kwami may be able to
Gunpla Rider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2017, 11:26 PM #24
> ConsoleZ
Washing his tights.

ConsoleZ
Washing his tights.

To be totally honest, I wished this was a better show.
After all the hype I kept seeing for it, the show so far has been an overrated letdown. In a way, it kind of reminds me of the really mediocre seasons of Power Rangers.
ConsoleZ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 04:10 AM #25
> clark1951

clark1951

Or how about and episode where Marinette and Adrien are the lead characters in a school play of "Sleeping Beauty"?
clark1951 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 12:09 PM #26
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

the_future_zordon wrote: View Post

So, what is everyones thoughts on Chloe getting the Bee Miraculous, and Alya getting the fox?
it will be interesting to see how the character changes (or doesn't) when powered up...

what I am more concerned about is how all these changes will upset the status-quo of the show...right now it is, obviously, maddening that Adrien/Marinette don't recognize each other but do you push the nuclear button and have them finally reveal themselves? That alone could change the dynamic of the show for an entire season...

Now add to that with the new powers and new heroes and whether they know Ladybug/Cat Noir's secrets and you have a ton of subplots and changing relationships based on who knows whom...is it too much to add too soon?

re: funny things you notice after watching the show numerous times...Marinette being late to school when she LITERALLY lives across the street

btw Zag Channel on youtube has the first webisode of Miraculous up as of last week...flash animation style, but it could add more characterization without having to re-edit/reuse cgi scenes...

Last edited by bearytrek; January 26th, 2017 at 12:51 PM.
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 01:53 PM #27
> Gladiatrix_Kat
Resident Overthinker

Gladiatrix_Kat
Resident Overthinker

bearytrek wrote: View Post

pretty much like it treats Power Rangers...air a handful of episodes then go away for six months, then run a batch of a few more than disappear off the schedule again...

it will be interesting to see if the show thrives on Netflix...merchandising will probably ultimately determine the fate of the show, but will viewership go up/down/stay level?
Thanks for the explanation, I gave up on Nick after their treatment of Korra and I rely on Netflix for PR anyway.

Netflix is a real double-edged sword. If they get Miraculous and it hits the mark with the audience, than Netflix will show it off but if fails then they will quickly cast it aside. Netflix likes to forget about it's "bad" content even if they shoved it in your face before it was released.

Merchandising looks pretty good in my neck of the woods. I've seen quite a few displays at my local toy haunts. The plush toys sell out very fast. But their fashion dolls could use a little more oomph; they have one accessory and no change of clothing. Accessories/clothing/gimmicks are really what sell those types of dolls. Still they offer an action figure line which isn't something you don't see that often enough for girls toys (I'm found of the 'skydancer' ladybug myself)

Last edited by Gladiatrix_Kat; January 26th, 2017 at 03:13 PM.
Gladiatrix_Kat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 02:15 PM #28
> Frumix
Banned

Frumix
Banned

I heard there's a live-action adaptation of this and Chris Columbus is working on it. Should be interesting.
Frumix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 12:30 PM #29
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Frumix wrote: View Post

I heard there's a live-action adaptation of this and Chris Columbus is working on it. Should be interesting.
yeah its almost as if there is too much going on with the property too fast...sure its a big hit around the world, but its barely got its feet wet with one season...

Gladiatrix_Kat wrote: View Post

Merchandising looks pretty good in my neck of the woods. I've seen quite a few displays at my local toy haunts. The plush toys sell out very fast. But their fashion dolls could use a little more oomph; they have one accessory and no change of clothing. Accessories/clothing/gimmicks are really what sell those types of dolls. Still they offer an action figure line which isn't something you don't see that often enough for girls toys (I'm found of the 'skydancer' ladybug myself)
with the DC Super Hero Girls line, action figures seem to be the BIG new thing for girls not unlike how Lego's Friends line became a breakout hit by catering to the female market...

its a lot more merchandising than something like Sailor Moon got in North America back in the 90s where the dolls looked nothing like the anime characters and huge hits like Totally Spies got virtually nothing at all until it was too late...
Old January 27th, 2017, 03:55 PM #30
> ConsoleZ
Washing his tights.

ConsoleZ
Washing his tights.

Seriously? I feel like this show is getting more attention than it deserves for what was supposed to be a run-of-the-mill French cartoon. I guess that's what happens when Toei, Bandai and Haim Saban get involved.
Old January 27th, 2017, 04:01 PM #31
> Frumix
Banned

Frumix
Banned

ConsoleZ wrote: View Post

Seriously? I feel like this show is getting more attention than it deserves for what was supposed to be a run-of-the-mill French cartoon. I guess that's what happens when Toei, Bandai and Haim Saban get involved.
Might wanna fact check there.
Frumix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 05:18 PM #32
> ConsoleZ
Washing his tights.

ConsoleZ
Washing his tights.

Might wanna fact check there.
Saban is an investor in Zag Animation. Bandai makes the toys. None of that was untrue.
Old January 28th, 2017, 02:48 AM #33
> Gladiatrix_Kat
Resident Overthinker

Gladiatrix_Kat
Resident Overthinker

bearytrek wrote: View Post

with the DC Super Hero Girls line, action figures seem to be the BIG new thing for girls not unlike how Lego's Friends line became a breakout hit by catering to the female market...

its a lot more merchandising than something like Sailor Moon got in North America back in the 90s where the dolls looked nothing like the anime characters and huge hits like Totally Spies got virtually nothing at all until it was too late...
I had forgotten about DC Superhero Girls. They have a nice blend of dolls and action figures. But they're working off the DC superhero brand, so I wonder how Ladybug will fare since it's a younger IP.

I guess that's what happens when Toei, Bandai and Haim Saban get involved.
Making money off a show that proved to be a big hit but with only a one season? Sounds Saban-y to me.

Last edited by Gladiatrix_Kat; January 28th, 2017 at 03:01 AM.
Gladiatrix_Kat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 03:49 PM #34
> Acatl
Indigo-Go

Acatl
Indigo-Go

To be fair, for what I have read, Ladybug has a huge budget(quadruple the usual), so either it is a big project, or they have LOTS of faith in them.
Acatl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2017, 03:01 PM #35
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Gladiatrix_Kat wrote: View Post

I had forgotten about DC Superhero Girls. They have a nice blend of dolls and action figures. But they're working off the DC superhero brand, so I wonder how Ladybug will fare since it's a younger IP.
its funny that though the show is aimed at younger audiences the teens and tweens seem to really be getting into it...probably because of the soap-opera romance angle...
Old January 30th, 2017, 05:35 PM #36
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Interestingly enough, with the PR comments, you guys know Cat Noir's voice actor is the son of the actor who voiced Rito and Deviot?
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2017, 01:41 PM #37
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

second webisode 'Inspiration' is on the ZAG youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge90jAkZQkM
Old February 16th, 2017, 01:06 PM #38
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

webisode 3 is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bzvbFZsaAM

while it is no substitute for a full episode, it's nice to hear the cast in something new...

Alius Cogitbam's theory that Hawkmoth is really
Gabriel's brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo2drbGvY3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHjv-zhKxps
Old February 16th, 2017, 07:14 PM #39
> Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Welp, looks like in season 2, ol' Ladybug will be making a trip to
New York City.

This is gonna be an interesting new season.

Last edited by TuxedoK; February 16th, 2017 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Use the new spoiler tags.
Power PC! is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2017, 07:20 PM #40
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I watched the Christmas special on Netflix last week. It was fun, though the singing was...yeah could've done without it being a musical. Also really Marinette overreacted to the Santa Claus when he showed up with Adrien, accusing him of being an akuma though he looked like any normal Santa which felt kinda forced, but oh well. It was a fun story and definitely curious to see what S2 brings. Hopefully more plot development and less glut of Akuma-of-the-Week episodes.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote