Home Menu

Menu

Old January 23rd, 2017, 10:16 PM #1
> clark1951
Devotee of Megaforce Pink

clark1951

Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir

Thanks to a member who uploaded a link to the theme song for this show in a Ninja Steel thread, I decided to check this show out and I love it.

The only problem is why did the producers have to make Ladybug so highly desirable and attractive, especially in her tight and shiny catsuit that hugs every inch of her body??

Last edited by clark1951; January 23rd, 2017 at 10:24 PM.
clark1951 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 10:29 PM #2
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

I love it too, though I'm way behind.
White Genesis is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 04:01 AM #3
> clark1951

clark1951

I have to admit now I have a huge crush on her!
Old January 24th, 2017, 05:49 AM #4
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

It's an amusing show, pretty standard MoTW scenario though the last episode which I guess is maybe the season finale actually started getting into things. So yeah, hopefully will be more entertaining whenever episodes start up again. If you didn't know, Walmart has toys. Or at least I've seen a few at my local walmarts, though very few.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 07:18 AM #5
> Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

A very fun show. I love the dynamic of one character having a crush on the other's secret identity while the other has a crush on their civilian form. An interesting twist in the formula. The show also has great action and beautiful animation.

The only downside, as stated, is how incredibly formulaic it is. 9/10s of the characters that get akumatized are Marinette's classmates, and almost all of them as a result of some insensitive thing Chloe does. I think a 26-episode first season may come back to bite them. I mean, who else can they akumatize at this point? Hopefully season 2 will rely less on formulas and more on the actual plot--which seems very intriguing at this point, if there was just more of it.
Power PC! is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 08:35 AM #6
> clark1951

clark1951

Seasons 2 and 3 air this year (YAY!!).
Old January 24th, 2017, 08:54 AM #7
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

it's a fun show...reminded me a lot of Sailor Moon with its romance-comedy-action-pathos-silliness...

very formulaic in terms of of plot, it really shines with the characters and how it has broadened the supporting cast (seemingly everyone on the show is literally related to someone in her class)...Marinette is very much in the Serena/Usagi mold...a not-perfect but still empowered and very much an optimistic role model who still has a few flaws in character...

the show really turned the corner though when it started hinting at a greater universe, with the previous Egyptian Ladybug mentioned early on and Marinette being only the latest holder of the power...

and the final episodes of the season were among some of the best, seemingly confirming in the minds of many fans who HawkMoth really is...

interestingly, the show is moving to Netflix after getting a really bad shake from Nickelodeon in terms of scheduling (any similarities here, Power Rangers?)...apparently it is a huge worldwide hit but its success was mitigated by the rotten way Nick chose to broadcast it in the States (the final episode of season 1 aired like almost a year after it did overseas?)...

oh, and the latest toys are out too...saw the Chloe & Antibug fashion dolls and the Stormy Weather/Chloe/Antibug action figures at Target the past week...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:38 AM #8
> Gladiatrix_Kat
Resident Overthinker

Gladiatrix_Kat
Resident Overthinker

Oh yes Miraculous thread! Very cute show with lovely animation. The MoTW have a nice spin. Everyone got fleshed out well enough in the first season so now it can can shift to that greater, overarching story and mythology that they teased. The kwami are awfully cute for ancient gods.

Out of curiosity how badly did Nick treat it? Disney XD gave it a nice Saturday afternoon spot.
Gladiatrix_Kat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:45 AM #9
> Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

bearytrek wrote: View Post

and the final episodes of the season were among some of the best, seemingly confirming in the minds of many fans who HawkMoth really is...
Has anyone really questioned HawkMoth's true identity? I mean, it seems insanely obvious, so much so that I can't help but wonder whether or not the crew is throwing us a red herring.
Old January 24th, 2017, 01:14 PM #10
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Power PC! wrote: View Post

Has anyone really questioned HawkMoth's true identity? I mean, it seems insanely obvious, so much so that I can't help but wonder whether or not the crew is throwing us a red herring.
Well if you are saying its Gabriel as Hawkmoth, there are some things that make it hard to think it actually is. Their face is a different shape, so is their teeth. Plus they are a different height. Not to mention the christmas special
Gunpla Rider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 01:33 PM #11
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

It's a decent show. I watch it on TV from time to time, but haven't had the time to follow it properly. I like most of the episodes I've seen and some of the villain designs are quite cool, while others - not so much.

Her "Lucky Charm" showing her how to use her surroundings reminds me of the "Amp it up" Factor from Mainframe's "Action Man" series. It's pretty much the same thing and presented the same way.

Have you guys seen the anime pilot that was done before the show switched to CG?
Red Dino Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 07:11 PM #12
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

clark1951 wrote: View Post

Thanks to a member who uploaded a link to the theme song for this show in a Ninja Steel thread, I decided to check this show out and I love it.
Oh who was that?

I've only watched the first few episodes so far, waiting on the rest to come onto Netflix so I can marathon them.

Definitely want to get me a Cat Noir figure tho <3
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 08:36 PM #13
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

The 2nd Evil

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Oh who was that?

I've only watched the first few episodes so far, waiting on the rest to come onto Netflix so I can marathon them.

I've managed to catch a few episodes between the Nick App and OnDemand. Netflix only has the Christmas Special, up, last I was aware.

It's a musical.
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 08:49 PM #14
> Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

the_future_zordon wrote: View Post

Well if you are saying its Gabriel as Hawkmoth, there are some things that make it hard to think it actually is. Their face is a different shape, so is their teeth. Plus they are a different height. Not to mention the christmas special
Hmm, I'd never noticed those details. Interesting. There's also the scene in one episode where Gabriel is clearly in one location while Hawkmoth is in another. Perhaps Hawkmoth is some sort of...alternate version of Gabriel? I look forward to learning more in the future.

Red Dino Ranger wrote: View Post

Have you guys seen the anime pilot that was done before the show switched to CG?
Yeah, which made me kinda sad that it didn't stick. Thankfully, though, there's at least one anime special in the works.
Old January 24th, 2017, 08:50 PM #15
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

The 2nd Evil wrote: View Post

I've managed to catch a few episodes between the Nick App and OnDemand. Netflix only has the Christmas Special, up, last I was aware.

It's a musical.
The rest are going up in February and there's rumblings that they're going to take it over for season 2 instead of Nick as they're going to be starting to stream season 2 in June. It's already MIA from Nick.com's list of shows at the top.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:21 PM #16
> The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

The rest are going up in February and there's rumblings that they're going to take it over for season 2 instead of Nick as they're going to be starting to stream season 2 in June. It's already MIA from Nick.com's list of shows at the top.
I was not aware of either of those. Thanks.
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2017, 04:33 AM #17
> clark1951

clark1951

Oh who was that?

Can't remember who, but I'm glad they did.
Old January 25th, 2017, 08:58 AM #18
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Gladiatrix_Kat wrote: View Post

Out of curiosity how badly did Nick treat it? Disney XD gave it a nice Saturday afternoon spot.
pretty much like it treats Power Rangers...air a handful of episodes then go away for six months, then run a batch of a few more than disappear off the schedule again...

it will be interesting to see if the show thrives on Netflix...merchandising will probably ultimately determine the fate of the show, but will viewership go up/down/stay level?

btw anyone who hasn't seen Alius Cogitibam's "Overanyalyzing Miraculous" series on youtube should check those out (Spoilers apply)...they are insightful, often hilarious and always entertaining...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2017, 10:57 AM #19
> Big1One
JAKQ Ranger

Big1One
JAKQ Ranger

I love me some Ladybug. The show is just so delightful. I used to watch is after Dino Charge on the Nick website. Shame Nick didn't treat the show all that well.

I don't know if anyone here knows, but there are going to be more shows like Ladybug coming soon.
Big1One is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2017, 08:38 PM #20
> Acatl
Indigo-Go

Acatl
Indigo-Go

THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!
It's an amazaing blend of genres of both Super Hero shows and Magical girls, which I guess is one of the reasons Marinette is mixed race(Of a western dad and an eastern mom, specifically)
The show is a bit formulaic, but I adore how most characters are fleshed and most are multidimensional(Even if it's only in their focus episode). Marinette and Adrien have both flaws and strengths that are play equally on them instead of being Mary sues.
The only episodes I dislike are the Christmas episode(Marinette held the idiot ball way too long) and "The Gamer" which is frankly insulting.
Acatl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote