Home Menu

Menu

Old December 17th, 2015, 05:50 AM #41
> AshiusX
Inoue-ist

AshiusX
Inoue-ist

What songs do you guys think would work for a music video dedicated to Ginga Red/Ryoma?

I chose this one. Until The End by Breaking Benjamin.

"Until The End"

So clever,
Whatever,
I'm done with these endeavors.
Alone I walk the winding way.
(Here I stay)
It's over,
No longer,
I feel it growing stronger.
I'll live to die another day,
Until I fade away.

[Chorus:]
Why give up, why give in?
It's not enough, it never is.
So I will go on until the end.
We've become desolate.
It's not enough, it never is.
But I will go on until the end.

Surround me,
It's easy
To fall apart completely.
I feel you creeping up again.
(In my head)
It's over,
No longer,
I feel it growing colder.
I knew this day would come to end,
So let this life begin.

[Chorus]

I've lost my way.
I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is hard enough
Without you fucking up.

[Chorus]

I've lost my way.
I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

U-uh, u-uh

The final fight I'll win,
But I will go on until the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sK2pp2Vkto
AshiusX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2015, 09:38 AM #42
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

So speaking of Gingaman... it's been a looooonnnnggggg time since I watched it, and I didn't watch it religiously. I'm fixing that now.

Up to episode 11, and I can see why I love this series, and Lost Galaxy, so much. It's a great show, likable characters, lovely designs. I had actually forgotten how close Ginga and LG were from the standpoint of the action meshing, but yet completely different story-lines... bravo. However, I still don't understand horses with helmets... and it was made even worse in Lost Galaxy. And why the hell do we run hunched over? These guys must have horrible back problems at the end of the day.

Ryouma is definitely my favorite character, Hikaru my least... he just grates on my nerves... badly. Especially the cooking episode. Hayate is probably my second, Gouki is the guy you keep rooting for, Saya is calm and caring. Funny thing, while I was watching, my wife came in from cooking and said, "Oh look, a flying onion." Referring of course to Bokku... I just hung my head in shame. Who wouldn't (woodn't) want a giant Deku Tree base?! I mean come on, Gosei and Zordon have nothing on this guy! Yuuta... I'm not sure of yet. I enjoy him in some things, and yet he's just a problem in others.

What I have enjoyed is, and looking back at early Sentai as opposed to today's Sentai, is that the individual episodes are just that, individual. Take the Hayate episode. Although it includes both Ryouma and Hayate... he didn't steal the limelight from Hayate. That bugs me about focus episodes nowadays. It seems like it's for one person, but yet someone else reaps the rewards, or they try to cram 2 focus' in one episode.

I love that the Gingaman have more of a relationship with the Star Beasts. The Galacta Beasts were just there for the most part, but maybe it evens out later on.

The Villains... ugh... I'm not a fan of the villains. I'm sooooo glad they changed this for LG. However, Shelinda... "rawr". Sanbash is so different from Villamax and it makes me cringe. I adore Villamax, so seeing Sanbash again and his wild antics, ugh... well, since I'm at episode 11... he won't be around much longer. Bucrates is about the only one I DO like. The Yatotto are just stupid looking.

I'm excited for more... so we'll see how it goes. It's odd on a second viewing how your perception changes.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2015, 09:42 AM #43
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Taichi wrote: View Post

And why the hell do we run hunched over? These guys must have horrible back problems at the end of the day.
I see that as an attempt to mimic an animal's gallop while still being bipedal, with the arched back accompanying a tense situation.
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2015, 12:50 PM #44
> TimeCrimson
Once upon a TimeCrimson..

TimeCrimson

I agree with timegold(considering that we both are from the future, I'm not surprised) that the running was supposed to emulate how an animal runs. What makes Gingaman so special for me is that it felt like an epic, of warriors of the Legendary Forest who fight evil, a fairy tale in a sense. And they damn made it feel like one too, with the art direction, the music and the plot, and it didn't have a recurring gimmick like what they have today. It is an extremely special show, I absolutely loved it.

My favorite characters are Ryouma, Gouki and Saya. Ryouma because you see him grow from a young man to a strengthened warrior, Gouki because come on, you can't hate the guy. I found his gentle giant manner to be very fitting for him, and he was a great warrior. Saya mainly because she used standing out in an all male cast to her advantage, being the strong, caring female who was very focused and kind. Hyuuga also, mainly because I think Teruaki Ogawa is one of the best actors Sentai's ever had.

The only gripe I had with Gingaman was the villains. They were okay, not the best but not the worst.

Nice to see another fan.
TimeCrimson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2015, 01:36 PM #45
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

Hmmmm... yeah, I can see that being the reason for the running... it makes more sense in Gingaman... not so much in Lost Galaxy.

But yeah timecrimson, you pretty much have summed up my original thoughts on the show. And on Gouki... exactly, how can you not love the guy!
Old December 18th, 2015, 09:31 PM #46
> Oceanblue
Power Ranger

Oceanblue
Power Ranger

I still haven't seen Gingaman, but it's special to me because that was back when I first learned about Super Sentai. One of my first exposures to Sentai was downloading a .rm file of the Gingaman opening and playing it over and over again in that awful Real Media video player. XD To this day, I still love the Gingaman opening.
Oceanblue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2015, 07:17 AM #47
> TimeCrimson

TimeCrimson

Can anyone explain to me the legend of Yutaka Hirose? I read that he was very popular as a Sentai villain, yet I've only seen him as Tranza(and I wanted to punch Tran whenever I saw him in the face, when I watched it a few years ago and even now.) Is he really that good?
Old December 19th, 2015, 07:49 AM #48
> Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Yutaka Hirose is sort of a legend due to how many notable and powerful villain roles he did. He started out more or less doing character work and such; he auditioned for the role of Jin in Flashman but didn't get it, which ultimately lead to him becoming one of Mess' main generals, Leh Wanda (and he's quite a bastard too). For the most part he played villains and anti-heroes after that: Dr. Kemp in Liveman, Tranza, and finally Jin Matoba in Dairanger. He's basically done with Sentai due to how the franchise has become "too juvinille" for him, but he did cameo last in toku in the last two episodes of KR Agito.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2015, 09:01 PM #49
> TimeCrimson

TimeCrimson

Ataruman thanks. When I watch Flashman I'll keep a tab on it(which will be very soon).

Also, Turboranger Episode 9 is out.
https://rockthedragonsubs.wordpress....ger-episode-9/

And another thing for Ataruman, Turboranger is so great so far, I can see why you like it so much.
Old December 20th, 2015, 02:53 PM #50
> Seibukan Ranger
Seibukanger

Seibukan Ranger
Seibukanger

So with the new news about GoseiGreen's confirmed dolphin header, I have some questions:

If GoseiGreen was supposed to be the 6th member of the Goseigers all along, how come his dolphin mecha is not included in GoseiGreat? How would you incorporate it? A weapon possibly?

Also, why did the Rangers never call upon the dolphin header? Just because the Ranger is not longer active, does not necessarily mean the powers are destroyed, right? The other headers do not have Rangers associated to them as far as we know, but they are still used...what are your opinions?
Seibukan Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2015, 03:09 PM #51
> Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

There was a Dolphin Headder, it was just part of Gosei Wonder. Some are rumoring that Gosei Wonder may be a combo of several departed Gosei Angels's Headders. As for if Gosei Green did survive...somehow I sort of imagine it as a shield that can be used by the Gosei Shark arm.
Old December 20th, 2015, 04:10 PM #52
> TimeCrimson

TimeCrimson

I just saw the Jetman episode where Ryu accidentally spies on the female Jetman by getting tricked by Gai and Raita, people turn into ants, and Tran goes through puberty in 5 seconds.

That was fun.
Old December 20th, 2015, 04:31 PM #53
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

timecrimson wrote: View Post

Tran goes through puberty in 5 seconds.
Eh that's normal for Super Sentai.
DJ1107 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2015, 06:15 AM #54
> Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Koji Naka (Master Kaku in Dairanger) died over the weekend. He was 64.

https://twitter.com/kewisuke/status/678802547834937344
Old December 21st, 2015, 06:42 AM #55
> Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Seibukan Ranger wrote: View Post

If GoseiGreen was supposed to be the 6th member of the Goseigers all along, how come his dolphin mecha is not included in GoseiGreat? How would you incorporate it? A weapon possibly?
With this topic, since we got the dolphin confirmation long after the season was over, we can only speculate that the dolphin was never intended to be part of GoseiGreat. The legend that the Goseigers reference was also about the five-coloured vehicles unleashing light to defeat evil, not six.

That also means we can infer that Magis was never meant to be a part of the Goseiger team and was destined to die before they assembled.

Also, why did the Rangers never call upon the dolphin header? Just because the Ranger is not longer active, does not necessarily mean the powers are destroyed, right? The other headers do not have Rangers associated to them as far as we know, but they are still used...what are your opinions?
The primary headers are Dragon, Phoenix, Snake, Tiger, and Shark from the three tribes. As long as their users are alive, they can use the other secondary Headders from the tribe. We can infer that Dolphin was a primary Headder as well since Magis was dead, and the Dolphin Headder may die with him. But its death doesn't mean Hyde can't use the other Sea Headders since he's alive to use his primary, the Shark.

Theoretically this means that if Eri were killed, only her primary Phoenix Headder would die, and since Alata has Dragon he could still summon Hawk, Crow, and Ptera. But since Phoenix is a vital component of GoseiGreat and one of the five prophesied Machines, GoseiGreat couldn't be formed.

Magis would be "Seaick Power of Ice" since he would form the solid part of water as Hyde is the liquid, and his symbolic card would be the Istop card (certain dolphin species live in arctic climate waters).

Last edited by Merlin; December 21st, 2015 at 06:52 AM.
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2015, 08:49 AM #56
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Ataruman wrote: View Post

https://twitter.com/kewisuke/status/678802547834937344
Geez... 64 years old... young and sad to hear that he passed away.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2015, 11:51 AM #57
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

So since I'm rewatching Gingaman... I tried something... and now... I wish I hadn't.

Actually I was going to do this to begin with. Watch Lost Galaxy and Gingaman together. Like, watch Ginga first, then watch the corresponding Lost Galaxy episode. Don't do that... just don't.

So here's what I did... I reached "Two Sayas". Watched it and thought I'll watch "Double Duty" to see the differences... uhhhh... man, the pacing and working of Gingaman was soooooooo much better. Although I compliment Valarie on her performance... she played a snotty nosed spoiled brat really well. Lost Galaxy's version was just so odd to watch now... something felt really off about the whole thing... and then comes the splicing. I liked how they did it, but now that I see how they cut around it and mesh everything together... I'm not as okay with it as I was before.

Then I noticed that Lost Galaxy cut a bunch of stuff and rearranged a ton!! Like "A Blue Crush" follows "Double Duty" but in Gingaman they're flipped and the crush episode is like 3 episodes before "Two Sayas"... then I find Magna Defender shows up in Episode 9 of LG and 18 of Ginga... crap... why have I forgotten all of this!?

I get why they cut a good portion of the first part... Sanbash/Villamax wasn't going to be used till later and they needed to cut around things... but damn...

I still love LG... it's my favorite Ranger series... but Gingaman is surpassing it with every episode.
Old December 21st, 2015, 05:13 PM #58
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

I see Gingaman and Lost Galaxy as sort of complementary in their aspects, although it's not necessarily best to watch them together. They have some of the same base plots (up until halfway through three-quarters of the way through), but Gingaman paces and fleshes them out more effectively. Lost Galaxy, on the other hand, had a benefit of a big budget which made for some spectacular action scenes when they weren't being cheap with the footage.
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2015, 05:33 PM #59
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

A large chunk of Lost Galaxy essentially being Gingaman on a Space Colony is actually how I was able to watch my Toei DVD ISOs without subtitles and still get a general understanding of it.
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2015, 05:39 PM #60
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

Just when his season got released too. My heart goes out to his family.

As for me, I'm currently watching Bioman and it is... interesting. Getting to about half-way, and while they've set up the villain drama that will come later, actually pretty well, there's been a lot of really weird episodes, and some of the characters don't feel as well done as they could've been.

And while it isn't something I'd like to do Sentai regularly, I wouldn't mind seeing another season like this where there's a tier system with the villains of:

Dr Man
Mason, Farah, Monster
Juuoh, Messer, Aquaiger, Psygorn, Metsler

and having a combo of one of the commanders and generals fighting, with the MOTW just being a robot at the end for mecha fights.

For those of you who have seen Bioman, what did you think of it?
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
a 40 year toy commercial, debating over spandex, destroyallchildren, liveman why have you?, nokidsallowed, thebestsentaithread, theoptimalsentaithread, xistheobjectlygoodsentai