Home Menu

Menu

Old November 4th, 2014, 01:20 AM #21
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Thanks, cinematography department, I never would have remembered Megan Boone was a girl without your help!

I really like the lengths the bad guys go to on this show. Setting up an entire fake agent to trap real agents in an entire fake hospital just to make a key phone call to lure your catch into the right position? Unbelievably slick. Meanwhile, the daughter Red's been courting was actually the proof he needed to show Berlin they have no reason to be enemies, no wonder he pushed that tracker guy so hard. And of course Tom has to be just as evasive as a hostage as he was as a husband. Ugh.

Oh, and Ressler had a habit and is now over it? How underwhelming. Let him actually fuck up a mission or get a fellow agent injured, have the swerve mean something. What are the writers doing with this guy?
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 04:19 PM #22
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

Oh, and Ressler had a habit and is now over it? How underwhelming. Let him actually fuck up a mission or get a fellow agent injured, have the swerve mean something. What are the writers doing with this guy?
Well the whole reason I think he went on habit was because he lost both Meera Malik and his girlfriend while he as on duty.

And speaking of Malik, I can't be the only one that's annoyed that Navabi is pretty much the replacement Malik.
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 02:43 AM #23
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

ultrakill wrote: View Post

Well the whole reason I think he went on habit was because he lost both Meera Malik and his girlfriend while he as on duty.
We know WHY it happened, but it hasn't affected anything. And while on the subject, his girlfriend that came back to him and died also didn't affect anything. All that Ressler's experienced up to now simply helps to fill his character blurb on a wiki, but is meaningless to the series itself.

To put it in Power Rangers terms, Tommy having a brother serves no purpose. Tommy's search to find his long-lost brother being a detriment to his handling of the Red Battlezord and nearly gets him killed makes for an interesting adventure. See the difference?

And speaking of Malik, I can't be the only one that's annoyed that Navabi is pretty much the replacement Malik.
Yeah, that was pretty racist.

But at least she's got the thing with Aram to set her apart.
Old November 11th, 2014, 02:30 AM #24
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Finally, stuff happened. The return of the box, Alan Alda's head explodes, something about a thing called the fulcrum, Reddington killed Berlin, Elizabeth admitted she still loves Tom, and we find out that he was actually working for Reddington all along. Wow, three months until the next episode.

A villain named The Decembrist on this show, and they don't play "The Perfect Crime #2" in the background at any point? Totally missed opportunity.
Old November 11th, 2014, 03:02 AM #25
> True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

I figured Fitch was dead just from the preview saying this episode changes everything.
True Darkness is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:00 AM #26
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Man, only The Blacklist could do another hostage situation and make it just as good as the last one. Though, casting Ron Perlman helped with that a lot.

Now I just feel stupid. The scar on her arm, Reddington must have hidden the fulcrum or the key to it inside of her. Good thing we only have to wait four more days to find out.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:15 AM #27
> True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil

As I told my girlfriend after tonight's episode. I need Thursday to get here RIGHT NOW!

I think I've become spoiled by Netflix.
True Darkness is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2015, 05:00 AM #28
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

What a cruddy follow-up. The missiles just... don't blow them all to dust, and Perlman doesn't even get the decency to be executed on screen? Disappointment to the extreme. Even the memory Keen uncovers after all this time isn't the end to the story, just another series of questions.

And how exactly was Navabi walking so well when she'd just been shot in the leg hours earlier?
Old February 20th, 2015, 03:00 AM #29
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

This was a good one. Kids forced into marriage, kids becoming suicide bombers, all very creepy.

And all of it balanced out by Spader at his comic best arguing with Glen throughout.
Old March 6th, 2015, 01:31 AM #30
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

So Red's just allowed to murder whoever he wants?

The FBI really has just given up trying to corral Red at this point.
Old March 13th, 2015, 02:06 AM #31
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

A clip show? Really? This show hasn't moved at nearly a fast (or particularly memorable) enough pace to warrant this.

All I was reminded of is that funnily enough, the one who killed the guy isn't under arrest, the one who didn't want him dead isn't under arrest, but the one who was sure that would solve the problem and stopped her from saving his life is.
Old March 13th, 2015, 05:14 PM #32
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

Despite it being a clip show, it reminded me of how badass the show is.

I also like how they made Lizzie pretty much the only one that isn't in on what's really going with her and Red. Granted, we don't know entirely, either, but I think we all get the gist of it.
Old March 19th, 2015, 11:46 PM #33
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

That ending monologue with Red was really powerful. So many strings pulled throughout the episode but what brought it together was the last scene. Red was obviously talking himself but I think it Liz's realization of how much Red has done for her was really powerful.

GAH THIS SERIES IS AWESOME!
Old March 20th, 2015, 02:56 AM #34
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

ultrakill wrote: View Post

That ending monologue with Red was really powerful. So many strings pulled throughout the episode but what brought it together was the last scene. Red was obviously talking himself but I think it Liz's realization of how much Red has done for her was really powerful.
Yeah, that was the only part I liked.

The rest was so hammy. Tom essentially finally reveals he still has feelings for Elizabeth by coming back to get her out of trouble, then he gets off for the murder scott free because the entire operation would be compromised if he went to prison, while the director who was completely right to chew her out suffers a seizure and decides to apologize instead, then finds out the brain tumor that was killing him isn't actually killing him anymore just like we all could have guessed was going to happen.

What was the moral of this whole story? Liz was right all along and the fat dude should have moved the hell out of the way? That as long as you know the right people, you can get away with whatever you want? That trained spies are dumb enough to believe high blood sugar causes seizures?

Can we get back to catching bad guys now...?
Old March 20th, 2015, 09:37 AM #35
> Nasaniaru
PR BACK IN ACTION!!!

Nasaniaru
PR BACK IN ACTION!!!

I have to agree with you. Liz got off SO VERY easily. So did Cooper too. All the plots were wrapped up so cleanly and easily. But I SO very feel for the plaintiffs here. An innocent man was killed, his family devastated, and justice took a back seat to this whole Reddington thing. Now it may be true that Raymond Reddington is looking to get rid of competition, but by doing so, he has, by the nature of how he is getting rid of that competition, advanced justice. This time, it took a major step back.

Also interesting is that Berlin was Number 8, Tom Number 7, I wonder who is Number 1 on The Blacklist. I think that it could be Elizabeth Keen herself, due to her possession of The Fulcrum.
Nasaniaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 12:33 PM #36
> ϟCoN
ビッグ・ボス

CoN
ビッグ・ボス

I was surprised to see Tom on the blacklist at all, not to mention in the top 10. I was convinced we wouldn't get a single digit list member until the finale and I actually wasn't sure it was going to be further down from Berlin. Hoping they close in on the gap between Liz and Raymond before the wrap of s2.
CoN is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2015, 01:00 AM #37
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Aw, man, right when the guy doesn't need a cane anymore, they lock him out of the drug trial.

Was I the only one bored by the main plot? All I'm concerned with is how Tom is still in love with Lizzie and now he's going to try to be a good guy?
Old April 3rd, 2015, 05:01 PM #38
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

"They let her get away? Man, the FBI on this show is so crappy I don't know why I put up with--OH SHIT THEY KILLED SPADER!"
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:58 PM #39
> wolfinator11
Power Ranger Talk

wolfinator11
Power Ranger Talk

#rangernation Help me become an extra/actor on @NBCBlacklist they are filming in my back yard. #ryanonblacklist Tweet them with the hashtag.
wolfinator11 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2015, 12:00 AM #40
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Best episode ever, absolutely no doubt in my mind. The return of Mr. Kaplan, Reddington's got so much contingency on lock that an entire hospital is a speed dial away, the fulcrum's secret is finally revealed, Cooper's buddy being an obvious spy is revealed to be a spy, Tom's falling in love with Liz is revealed to have always been genuine and in turn spurned the very start of the show itself, and most importantly, Dembe said more in one hour than he has the entire season. ^_^

Funny that they could accomplish so much with Spader having the smallest part he's ever had.