Home Menu

Menu

Old April 11th, 2013, 01:01 PM #41
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Presumably this is in the farther future, and he died of old age.
Sir Koji is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 04:59 PM #42
> tornadobr
Boukenblack

tornadobr
Boukenblack

I just saw GokaiSilver in a sex scene. Completely in shock.
tornadobr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:08 AM #43
> Veteran Ranger
Let's Ride

Veteran Ranger
Let's Ride

Interesting show so far, but it could be due to me having so many questions. Why is the armor dark now? What happened to Kouga? What is up with this city? Also, I must admit, I am not liking how the armor scenes seem to be exclusively CGI. It's disappointing.
Veteran Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:29 AM #44
> Ranger of Oz
Mod Battlizer

Ranger of Oz
Mod Battlizer

The Magic Horror's seem to revert the Garo armour to it's original look, at least for a short time. That's... intriguing...
Ranger of Oz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:48 AM #45
> Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart
Heart of A Lion <3

eBay
Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart
Heart of A Lion <3

eBay

Many have stated the unansered questions.

I'm more intrigued by this: in Makai Senki, lots of knights armours were just pallete swaps of a standard model. Yet here we have a new Garo with a variation of Kouga's Garo (and not just colourwise). Does this mean that those who inherit their respective armours have their own spin on the armour? I couldn't really see any difference between Kouga and Taiga's version of Garo. The more likely reason for Makai Senki could be that they were lazy and couldn't be bothered to make individual looks for knights that had seconds of screen time.

Big question I haven't seen asked: Why did Ryouga inherit the title of Garo? What set him apart from other knights that he could inherit what is considered the highest title? From what we've currently seen, armour is passed down generations of family.

Also, GokaiSilver and boobies made me laugh.
Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:39 AM #46
> Irish Ranger
I am the night!

Irish Ranger
I am the night!

Kaine Parker wrote: View Post

The more likely reason for Makai Senki could be that they were lazy and couldn't be bothered to make individual looks for knights that had seconds of screen time.
I think the most likely reason was budget.
Irish Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:58 AM #47
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Ranger of Oz wrote: View Post

The Magic Horror's seem to revert the Garo armour to it's original look, at least for a short time. That's... intriguing...
I've seen thoughts that it wasn't the Horror, it was Ryuuga recovering his memories that caused the armor to shine again, at least briefly.
Sir Koji is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:37 AM #48
> bushwacka666
We all like a bit of bush

bushwacka666

Kaine Parker wrote: View Post

The more likely reason for Makai Senki could be that they were lazy and couldn't be bothered to make individual looks for knights that had seconds of screen time.
Whilst the most-likely real life reason would be budget, as Irish Ranger said, I was trying to think of an in-show reason for it. I remember in the Kiba Side Story when Kiba mentioned his father was (according to TV-N's subs) "just an unnamed Makai Knight." It makes me think that perhaps the majority of Knights are just that, treated like generic soldiers in an army with very little to differentiate them. Only the more elite Knights have higher status and are granted unique titles and armour, like the ones we're used to seeing.

That's the way I rationalise it anyway.
bushwacka666 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:31 AM #49
> Acezero
Power Ranger

Acezero
Power Ranger

Where are the episodes at I cant find any?
Acezero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:44 AM #50
> Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart
Heart of A Lion <3

eBay
Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart
Heart of A Lion <3

eBay

search for a certain fansub group.
Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:26 AM #51
> Thermite Kitten
i am rayblad man? щ(~Д~щ)

Thermite Kitten
i am rayblad man? щ(~Д~щ)

bushwacka666 wrote: View Post

Whilst the most-likely real life reason would be budget, as Irish Ranger said, I was trying to think of an in-show reason for it. I remember in the Kiba Side Story when Kiba mentioned his father was (according to TV-N's subs) "just an unnamed Makai Knight." It makes me think that perhaps the majority of Knights are just that, treated like generic soldiers in an army with very little to differentiate them. Only the more elite Knights have higher status and are granted unique titles and armour, like the ones we're used to seeing.

That's the way I rationalise it anyway.
Perhaps it's not that the armour is given to the best (by the Tribunal or something), but that those who wish to keep it have to be worthy or simply die. Zero was a completely random person, and him receiving the Zero armour was just a case of him knowing the previous owner. Had he not been as skilled as he is, he would have been killed and another Knight could have eventually taken and used the armour.

Likewise, Kouga earned Garo by training until he could lift the blade of Garo from where his father dropped it. But he could do that because no other Knights came by to take the armour in that time (either due to respect for Taiga or perhaps Gonza ran interference.) And he kept it by following the Watchdogs' will and not being cut down. He was never given the title of Garo or handed the armour, he simply started using it and never let it go until this series. Had he been incompetent, either he would have been killed or someone would have demanded the armour from him.

So rather than the Knights being a more modern military with armour handed out accordingly, it'd be a more medieval 'born into power' situation. The son of a lower Knight gets his father's armour, the son of Garo/Zero/Baron gets that armour and must then prove his worth rather than earning his way up.
Thermite Kitten is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 01:27 PM #52
> bushwacka666

bushwacka666

Yeah I would agree with what you're saying, Thermite, although I don't feel it necessarily invalidates the theory I have. Yes you're right that Kouga and Rei both inherited their armour from previous owners, though I'd like to think they still would've proved themselves worthy enough and (to re-use my earlier word for want of a better one) "elite" enough to be granted approval to keep them, and thus be formally recognised as their respective titles.

You say that Kouga was never handed the armour. True, though in Red Requiem there is a part where Zaruba asks him if he knew what the Makai word for "hope" was, and he replies "It's Garo, the title I was given." (Again going by TV-N's subs - all my understanding of the dialogue is based on that! ) Perhaps I'm reading too much into just one line but it implies to me that he could have been formally granted the title after proving himself as worthy as his father. The Watchdogs and later the Senate all acknowledge him as Garo and there's no evidence in what we've seen that the higher-ups were unhappy with it or tried to dispute it.

The "born into power" situation you describe could certainly be a factor as well but I don't think the two theories are mutually exclusive. I could just as easily see it possible that a "Clone Army" Knight has a son who is granted an "elite" title and armour, or an "elite" Knight having a son who only gets to be one of the Clones.

Of course it's all speculation at the end of the day but it's interesting to think about. And of course, there's Ryuga now. We still know nothing of how he came into possession of the Garo title so who can say what else we might end up learning somewhere down the line?
bushwacka666 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:23 PM #53
> boukengreen16
Power Ranger

boukengreen16
Power Ranger

tornadobr wrote: View Post

I just saw GokaiSilver in a sex scene. Completely in shock.
he gave her the final wave, with his gokai spear or the gokai drill. . ok thats enough from me, but this series has got me, im lovin the fight scenes and i cant help but love gai.
boukengreen16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:39 AM #54
> Akir Ren
Power Ranger

Akir Ren
Power Ranger

TV-N just dropped episode 3 to the world and it was certainly a fun one. Not one you want to watch with the family around, but it had a pretty interesting horror and took a really clever plan to defeat it. Also Aguri (the archer knight) is a bad ass, but he is cold as ice. Also Takeru's (aka Gokai silver) hornyness may prove to be his downfall.
Akir Ren is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:48 AM #55
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Akir Ren wrote: View Post

Also Aguri (the archer knight) is a bad ass, but he is cold as ice.
He kind of reminds me of Uryu from Bleach, which is odd considering they're both archers, and both wear glasses.
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 11:06 AM #56
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

He kind of reminds me of Uryu from Bleach, which is odd considering they're both archers, and both wear glasses.
I'm pretty sure it's some sort of (Japanese?) trope. Uryu's father is the same way.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM #57
> SylvanGenesis
Geek Volcano!

SylvanGenesis
Geek Volcano!

Definitely a huge fan of Aguri, and the one fight scene with the first Horror hand...lol. I must salute the actress; fighting completely naked with whip-kicks abounding is no small feat.
SylvanGenesis is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:43 PM #58
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

They actually hired AV actress for these scenes. No wonder.

because they blurried it, lol
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:35 PM #59
> ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

So Enhou

Is a freaking horror! probably a madou horror no doubt. Nice reveal too but i wonder why so early in the show? Does that mean she will be offed early? hmmm

Sucks for her Boyfriend though. And now she doesn't have any memory of that talk with Ryuuga.

And as usual with most female horrors, they are now sexing it up so they can feed.

Really digging the show so far. I'm surprised we have yet to see Takeru summon his armor and we are 5 episodes in.
ZGMF-X20A is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:51 AM #60
> ceninant
Dance puppets, dance.

ceninant
Dance puppets, dance.

We're four episodes in and yet to get a full fight with Ryuga. Dissapointing.
ceninant is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote