0 0%
Votes: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 16th, 2012, 09:28 PM #81
> Kamen Rider Ookalf
VIP Rider

Kamen Rider Ookalf
VIP Rider

sentaiforever92 wrote: View Post

please excuse the double posting but I need to ask...I'm watching the Ultraman Moebius movie right now so my question is:

The human hosts for Ultraman, Seven, Ace and Jack...are they suppose to be characters from the respective series or are they just characters that appear in this movie (and if I'm correct in later movies)?
They're the same guys from the previous series. Also, Seven doesn't actually have a host - he physically transforms into a human shape on his own.
Kamen Rider Ookalf is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:33 PM #82
> Boukenred
Power Ranger

Boukenred
Power Ranger

The human hosts for Ultraman, Ace and Jack and the human form of Seven (Like Mebius, UltraSeven took the form of a human instead of taking a human host) are the original characters from their respective series (albeit older of course).

Edit: Someone was quicker
Boukenred is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:36 PM #83
> sentaiforever92
Power Ranger

sentaiforever92
Power Ranger

Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote: View Post

They're the same guys from the previous series. Also, Seven doesn't actually have a host - he physically transforms into a human shape on his own.
So Moebius is like Seven in which they take on a human form and not a host...gotcha.

That's cool that its the original guys...I'm really in love with this series, the comedy and story really fit well I think. I'm happy I started with it. I think the only thing I don't like is when I see the past Ultramen and have no idea to who they are.

Mirai is super cute in both personality and looks. I find it always funny when they others make a comment of about Moebius and I just think "If only they knew"
sentaiforever92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:42 PM #84
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

How far are you into the series?

You'll get used to the older Ultraman pretty soon, they more more appearances throughout the series and you get this sense of legacy from them.
Ryoutarou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:44 PM #85
> sentaiforever92
Power Ranger

sentaiforever92
Power Ranger

I've finished the first 23 eps and I'm watching the Ultraman Moebius and the Ultra Brothers movie now.

Right now the Moebius is meeting Ultraman, Seven, Ace and Jack all I can think what is must be like to be current carrier of a legacy and to meet your predecessors. It must be a very exciting feeling

Last edited by sentaiforever92; February 16th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM #86
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Ah, cool. It's a really fun story in the first half, it eventually tries to go a little more experimental in the second and you get some episodes where the stakes are raised. 29 and 30 are some of the best episodes of the series and real game changers.
Old February 16th, 2012, 10:03 PM #87
> sentaiforever92
Power Ranger

sentaiforever92
Power Ranger

Awesomeness. I can't wait. All the characters area a lot of fun and easy to love (at least I think) and I think the story has a very nice balance of comedy/humor and seriousness.

For my first Ultraman series I am very impressed

This moment where the Ultra Brothers transform is such an epic moment (in my eyes) cuz it goes to continue the point to the toku shows I've seen that the heroes are gonna fight no matter the cost.

Edit: Finish...LOVED LOVED LOVED. So happy I started w/ this season cuz it was just plain awesome. Definitely was crying at the end and everything about it was just amazing.

Last edited by sentaiforever92; February 18th, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old February 19th, 2012, 01:35 PM #88
> Knight Rider
Banned

Knight Rider
Banned

Boukenred wrote: View Post

The human hosts for Ultraman, Ace and Jack and the human form of Seven (Like Mebius, UltraSeven took the form of a human instead of taking a human host) are the original characters from their respective series (albeit older of course).

Edit: Someone was quicker
I'm confused. What is the difference?
Knight Rider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 02:58 PM #89
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Congrats on fishing the series. You can move on to different shows now or follow through with all the extra material there is.

I'm confused. What is the difference?
Most of the time an Ultraman will come to earth, find a human that's hurt or dying and then bond with them, lending them their power and the ability to transform. In some occasions, like Seven and Mebius, they'll just create an identity based off a human rather than taking a host.
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:07 PM #90
> Knight Rider
Banned

Knight Rider
Banned

Understood. So in short once said identity leaves earth, the person who the tech teams comes to know will no longer exist?

sentaiforever92 wrote: View Post

I've finished the first 23 eps and I'm watching the Ultraman Moebius and the Ultra Brothers movie now.

Right now the Moebius is meeting Ultraman, Seven, Ace and Jack all I can think what is must be like to be current carrier of a legacy and to meet your predecessors. It must be a very exciting feeling
So jealous. Im also in the process of ordering the 4 series of the 2000s and the movies. I can already tell you or tell myself that my work is cut out for myself. lol. they have like mad movies since 2001 its ridiculous. lol.

Ryoutarou wrote: View Post

Ah, cool. It's a really fun story in the first half, it eventually tries to go a little more experimental in the second and you get some episodes where the stakes are raised. 29 and 30 are some of the best episodes of the series and real game changers.
That's what's up. Can't wait until I can watch this again.
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:10 PM #91
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Pretty much, yeah. Though whenever they return, they use that form again. In the case of Seven, he's literally stuck in his human form for 20 years after helping his brothers seal away a monster that used up most of his energy.
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:11 PM #92
> Knight Rider
Banned

Knight Rider
Banned

Ryoutarou wrote: View Post

Pretty much, yeah. Though whenever they return, they use that form again. In the case of Seven, he's literally stuck in his human form for 20 years after helping his brothers seal away a monster that used up most of his energy.
Wow that both sad and lucky at the same time. But with Ultraseven and Ultraseven21 whats the different? I know Mika from Timeranger's cast was on the series but other than that I didn't get much info on it.
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:43 PM #93
> Kamen Rider Ookalf
VIP Rider

Kamen Rider Ookalf
VIP Rider

Knight Rider wrote: View Post

Wow that both sad and lucky at the same time. But with Ultraseven and Ultraseven21 whats the different? I know Mika from Timeranger's cast was on the series but other than that I didn't get much info on it.
Seven 21 is a supporting character from Ultraman Neos, with no real connection to the original Seven besides the name. No idea about the Timeranger thing.
Kamen Rider Ookalf is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM #94
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Ultraseven21 is a part of the Ultraman Neos series, which is essentially just a modern-day retelling of the original series with a focus on...I wanna say ecology.
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:49 PM #95
> Knight Rider
Banned

Knight Rider
Banned

Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote: View Post

Seven 21 is a supporting character from Ultraman Neos, with no real connection to the original Seven besides the name. No idea about the Timeranger thing.
What I was saying is that Mika who played Yuri was cast in it. I remember reading about it on Henshin!Online years ago.

Also, thanks Ryoutarou and Ookalf.
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM #96
> sentaiforever92
Power Ranger

sentaiforever92
Power Ranger

I wanted to ask what series I should watch next? Preferably one that I could find w/ eng subs.
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM #97
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

If you liked Mebius, Max would be another great place to go. There's a ton of fun action and really creative directorial styles all around thanks to the show featuring some of Japan's greatest directors. My favorite episode is the one about Kaito's dream...if you watch the series, you'll no doubt know which episode that is once you get there.

TokuPlex is working on Max, I think they host their subs over at the GUIS website.

There's also Ultraman Tiga, you can find a full torrent for that on nyaa torrents.
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM #98
> GaoRize
Butthurt Hurricane

GaoRize
Butthurt Hurricane

Alright, so I've been seeing an increasing number of Ultra fans, and I think I've convinced myself to give it a try. I watch tons of non-Sentai/Rider toku, so I figured Ultra is somewhat of a requirement. Since I know nearly nothing about the Ultraman series, what would be a good modern show to start with(with complete subs available, of course)?
GaoRize is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:10 PM #99
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Ultraman Mebius is probably the best starting place you're going to find, it's sort of what Decade used as a template...only done much, much better. And like I said earlier in the thread, if you like it a lot, you're in luck because it has two specials that take place after the series and Mebius himself is featured as a main character in two further specials and a movie after the series.

For something slightly older but still pretty good, you can't go wrong with Ultraman Tiga.
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM #100
> sentaiforever92
Power Ranger

sentaiforever92
Power Ranger

Cool...sounds awesome. Can't wait. found subbed episodes on youtube. Gonna watch it now.