Home Menu

Menu

Old March 11th, 2019, 10:40 AM #4921
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

So far, I'm on Timeranger's episode 21, and I can say that Time Force it's not that copy-pasted as I thought from Timeranger. Mostly, it's like they said: "let's took the basic elements, and go crazy with the rest", cause the episodic plots are 98% different so far.
It's fascinating how much monsters with the same MOs and powers end up differently between the two shows.

Timerangers - the bad guys try and stay away from Timeranger (there's more than a couple episodes where some really devastating tricks or powers aren't just because all these guys have been beaten before and the good guys have the files) though some of that is simply because they don't know where the base is so they can kill them in their sleep. The focus is a bunch of various kinds of rackets to make money.

Actually, the killing in sleep thing is mutual, both sides are hiding their base.

Time Force Ransik clearly has his eyes on if there's no Time Force around, he can run rampant so it's always his top priority.
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 11:22 AM #4922
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

I've seen the first Time Force episodes too (only till 4), but yeah, it's very noticeable.
Dexter1998 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 02:20 PM #4923
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

I loved the Jetman ending. I knew Gai died going into it, but after watching the whole series, I think it works. I don't know if it was intentional, but Gai transcends Jetman--he's THE character from it. He starts off as this asshat drinker, womanizer (that would probably get into a bunch of fights with low lives and no goods)...and he lived. He was content. But after meeting Ryu, although it was a grind, he became a better person, and reached a point where he could refer to Ryu as his friend. I don't know if poetic is the word, but there's something in the fact that he died at the hands of some random thug, but he was content with making it to see his friends happy one more time and let them be happy than go get help/be a burden.

It does mess with the crossover continuity (Super Sentai World), but so many things do lol.

-------

Also, I've been watching Timeranger as well (I bought so many Super Sentai DVDs but have been slowly going through them)...and even from episode 1, it was nice to see there were some big different things (Jen and Alex's counterparts didn't have a relationship other than professional, and him being a random double agent right away for one). I'm looking forward to watching more, as I'm really liking the characters, though TimeBlue does remind me of Lucas a bit...where there isnt much about him other than his car driving mention
Activator is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 02:36 PM #4924
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Activator wrote: View Post

It does mess with the crossover continuity (Super Sentai World), but so many things do lol.
Actually it doesn't mess with Super Sentai World as the true finale takes place three years after Jetman's final battle. And given that the Super Sentai World takes place in Kakuranger it's not unbelievable that the Jetman fought together one last time before Gai dies.
GrumpyBookworm is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 04:08 PM #4925
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Vader's Attack on Planet Denzi, the Untold Story.

Denziman the Movie is now released!
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 04:44 PM #4926
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Activator wrote: View Post

Alex's counterparts didn't have a relationship other than professional, and him being a random double agent right away for one).
That wasn't him. That was Lira disguised as him.

I started on Friday. I don't live in the USA and haven't bought the DVD's, so I've been watching O-T ones (gonna switch to TVN after ep 32, and will use ImaginationStation for the VS Movie), it's kinda annoying watching them in my TV cause the .ass files aren't really 100% compatible (two lines can't overlap eachother, and sometimes a few ones won't appear), but starting 33 it won't be a problem thank God.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 11th, 2019, 05:11 PM #4927
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

That wasn't him. That was Lira disguised as him.

I started on Friday. I don't live in the USA and haven't bought the DVD's, so I've been watching O-T ones (gonna switch to TVN after ep 32, and will use ImaginationStation for the VS Movie), it's kinda annoying watching them in my TV cause the .ass files aren't really 100% compatible (two lines can't overlap eachother, and sometimes a few ones won't appear), but starting 33 it won't be a problem thank God.
You know Timeranger is available for streaming on the shout factory website right?
GrumpyBookworm is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 06:25 PM #4928
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

GrumpyBookworm wrote: View Post

You know Timeranger is available for streaming on the shout factory website right?
You know that people live outside the USA, right?
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 13th, 2019, 07:18 PM #4929
> TokuConvoy
Power Ranger

TokuConvoy
Power Ranger

So I just finished Liveman.. It was okay. The second half to last quarter wasn;t the best put together imo dragging ti down for me.

Pros:
I enjoyed Colon, it was neat they gave her moments to shine.
I appreciate the motif of life being important even mechanical ones, very toku thing to say.
The villains feel like the only characters who change. The Volt dynamic kept me into the show.
Arashi was fun when not Ashura.

Cons:
How did they whip up 2 changers for Tetsu and Junichi? (Side nite: I;ve read that they weren't planned from the get go. I beleive it from their weapons just mot integrating with the combined blaster to Tetsu not even being mentioned with his little brother's ep.

With Dorothee showing up for an episode I really didn;t bel;eive that there was a whole other branch of Academia supporting Rhino and Bison.

If Gou saw the Brain Room when he joined Volt why didn;t Bias kill him from the get go? Feels like they just needed some way for the team to find that out.

What happened to Guildos to start falling apart?

From the few posts I've seen the finale is not liked. For me it was okay, the Bias and Gash stuff was good but the whole fighting a generic Brain Beast really took the grandeur out of it.

Poor Megumi, she really was the girly girl that didn't do much. She seemed to have a thing for getting captured and crying a lot. Heck Colon seemed to have better moments than her.0

I never not wanted to keep going it was just okay for me.
TokuConvoy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 07:35 PM #4930
> Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

TokuConvoy wrote: View Post

What happened to Guildos to start falling apart?
Guildos and Butchy were basically just ploys: robots built by Bias with an entire history made up to make them think they were aliens to push the ones Bias really wanted (Kemp and Mazenda) further. With Guildos, really it was more just a shock-value moment that sort of confirmed that he wasn't needed in the grand scheme: the purpose of the two of them was done and Butchy at least had some elements of sympathy to get a full episode out of it, so Guildos got the shock "death".
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 04:53 AM #4931
> TokuConvoy
Power Ranger

TokuConvoy
Power Ranger

Sorry should have phrased that better. I got the fact he was actually a robot. It's just when the Biomotion Blaster hits his Brain Beast he just starts sparking as if he was hit. I guess they just wanted to jump to the reveal.
TokuConvoy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 05:21 AM #4932
> hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay
hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay

Ataruman wrote: View Post

The strength of Jetman's ending is that they're finally working as a team at the end. After all the trials, tribulations and nonsense of love stories and god-like beings, they finally come together as one (well plus Odagari) to defeat the enemy that has been tormenting them and brought them together in the first place. The love story is annoying (and it doesn't help that Ryu still basically sees Kaori as "that not Rie") and the random "Gai dies from a pickpocket" ending is rather ridiculous, but it still was just a great way for the show to go.
Wait...
Cheesy romance(s) + ridiculous random death = great way to end a show??
I surrender.
hannibaLUCIO is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:06 AM #4933
> Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

TokuConvoy wrote: View Post

Sorry should have phrased that better. I got the fact he was actually a robot. It's just when the Biomotion Blaster hits his Brain Beast he just starts sparking as if he was hit. I guess they just wanted to jump to the reveal.
Basically; I think Guildos was just so worn down with the plan that his body starts breaking down even before the Biomotion Buster, probably to add to the "what the heck" factor building to the "he's a robot" reveal.

hannibaLUCIO wrote: View Post

Wait...
Cheesy romance(s) + ridiculous random death = great way to end a show??
I surrender.
The strength of the ending is that they were able to overcome all that stuff to get to that. Ignoring the "oh yeah, Gai dies" part, the main issues of the resolution of the love story shows that the team is stronger than even the worst of it. The Gai/Kaori mess is basically over with by the time of the Majin anyway (and while they hint it won't work, it isn't that important after the Majin arc), while the Ryu/Rie stuff ends with Rie's death despite Ryu needing to still get over her in a way. But once that's done and they finally get over the traumas and nonsense, the five are finally a team that is strong enough to defeat a being that's basically a God by the time Radiguet becomes Raguem. I think the main lesson of Jetman is overcoming the traumas, turmoils and problems and becoming a team despite everything that threw you apart, whether it be different backgrounds or the self-inflicted wounds such as the love story. No, I'm not saying that I love Jetman, but I still say the end, particularly the final Radiguet/Raguem fight, sums up the final resolution: despite the love story and all the crap thrown at them since the Birdonic Wave accident, the five and Odagari are a team and overcame all the problems to defeat one of the strongest final villains in the franchise.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:11 AM #4934
> Galaxy
Power Ranger

Galaxy
Power Ranger

The first episode of Dairanger was pretty good. It had some cool action with unique moments (Pink being chased by minions on bikes was cool), I like the general design of the show, and I was honestly creeped out by the monster walking around as a kid singing. The Monster's main form didn't look vewry good, but the fight with him was cool and seeing Red summon his zord, jump on to it and then go into battle was cool. When it ended up being a cliffhanger I definitely wanted to see more (although I've been doing stuff since then, so I'll probably watch episode 2 later today).

Its nice that I can just watch Dairanger through the Shoutfactory TV app, its faster for me to do that then to go find episodes of various sentai and then either DL them or watch them on...let's just say somewhat shady websites. Plus you're supporting an official release, which is cool (especially since I don't really have the money to buy the DVDs, which I would do and may do eventually if I end up having a bit more money readily available).
Galaxy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 03:35 PM #4935
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

I like Dairanger, but the ending kinda killed the show for me. I still rank it as one of my favs, but that endings... just. No. Way too out of nowhere.
Old March 15th, 2019, 09:29 PM #4936
> lightning
Power Ranger

lightning
Power Ranger

I like Dairanger, but the ending kinda killed the show for me. I still rank it as one of my favs, but that endings... just. No. Way too out of nowhere.
Dairanger's ending was just dumb
The fact that they all died off even shadam seemed really weird and awkward. They should've had a battle between ryo and shadam
lightning is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 04:14 AM #4937
> hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay
hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay

Dairanger's ending (after the final battle and the following Ranger break up) is pretty cheesy, but it's still one of my favorite Sentai. I can name lots of Sentai endings I disliked more.
Old March 16th, 2019, 04:30 AM #4938
> sylarking
Power Ranger

sylarking
Power Ranger

hannibaLUCIO wrote: View Post

Dairanger's ending (after the final battle and the following Ranger break up) is pretty cheesy, but it's still one of my favorite Sentai. I can name lots of Sentai endings I disliked more.
Jetman ending cannot be worse than Dairanger
sylarking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 04:54 AM #4939
> hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay
hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay

sylarking wrote: View Post

Jetman ending cannot be worse than Dairanger
From my perspective, it is. I'm not saying Jetman's ending after the final battle is objectively and matter-of-factly worse, but personally and subjectively... yes.
Dairanger's after-battle ending supposed to be goofy and it is, cheesy as can be, but I'm sure writers wanted to do it that way for some reason. Jetman's one supposed to be EPIC, but it's just so wrong, according to me writers failed in their intent. It's just my point of view, nothing more
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:45 AM #4940
> cognito29
Power Ranger

cognito29
Power Ranger

They do have their commonalities though - like
a main character in black dying way too easily after being stabbed.
But then, the shadow of Jetman hangs over the whole Sugimura era one way or another...
cognito29 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
a 40 year toy commercial, debating over spandex, destroyallchildren, liveman why have you?, nokidsallowed, thebestsentaithread, theoptimalsentaithread, xistheobjectlygoodsentai