Menu

Old December 20th, 2018, 12:30 PM #221
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

bearytrek wrote: View Post

the prevailing theory was that the other miraculouses
were going to be distributed to the classmates, not hoarded by Ladybug and Cat Noir...
The second season made it painfully obvious
the writers were going to be stingy as hell with auxiliary heroes.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2018, 04:26 PM #222
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

[

which is kind of weird...

Ladybug using the mouse miraculous isn't really ladybug anymore...[/HIDE]
I think whats going to happen is that Adrien is going to give Marinette the mouse miraculous not knowing her being ladybug, and she will accept
Gunpla Rider is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2018, 08:20 PM #223
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Gunpla Rider wrote: View Post

I think whats going to happen is that Adrien is going to give Marinette the mouse miraculous not knowing her being ladybug, and she will accept
that actually makes a lot of sense...though we haven't seen Adrien
see the miracle box at Master Fu's we can assume he has been there before if he returned chloe's bee miraculous after the Scarlet Hawkmoth battle

and I can totally see the reverse happening too when Marinette decides to give
Adrien the snake miraculous

Last edited by bearytrek; December 24th, 2018 at 03:43 PM.
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2018, 05:56 PM #224
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Weredad episode was a refreshing change of pace

letting Marinette essentially save the day, with minimal ladybug involvement and a topsy-turvy twist to the regular pattern of the show

one wonders how those two will react when they finally reveal their identities after all of this "but I don't love you" shenanigans in their alter egos...

I was wondering if they were going to drop a hint that Mrs Dupain-Cheng might suspect Cat is Adrien but that apparently is not in the cards...

how sad is Adrien's life? It's a wonder that poor kid hasn't been akumatized yet with all the emotional distress he must be going through...
Old December 31st, 2018, 01:30 AM #225
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Hey, the other heroes are in the intro now! Cool!

I had always wondered when
Marinette's parents would finally get akumatized, especially after her grandma did.

Did Ladybug actually have to
use her Lucky Charm? The akuma had already been captured, she could have just thrown it and put everyone back on the ground automatically, right?

I did love how they
flipped the graphic upside-down because they were in mid-air. LOL

one wonders how those two will react when they finally reveal their identities after all of this "but I don't love you" shenanigans in their alter egos...
Unless of course
the wish Marinette makes with both Miraculouses wipes both their memories of ever being superheroes or something...
Old February 5th, 2019, 06:29 PM #226
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

the remaining episode titles and synopses for season 3 have leaked

spoilers obviously

http://official-ladyblog.tumblr.com/...vent-heard-yet
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 6th, 2019, 01:00 AM #227
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

the remaining episode titles and synopses for season 3 have leaked

spoilers obviously

http://official-ladyblog.tumblr.com/...vent-heard-yet
I'm not liking all the
repeats. I figured Lila would be a special case since she was the prototype for Rena Rouge and her Chameleon identity didn't have a true form. Now we're getting Kagami, Max, Aurore, Manon, Alya, Rose, Juleka TWICE more, and the entire Bourgeois family just a year after the last time... Even Cat Noir being evil is no big deal after all the times the villains have hypnotized him already.

But I'm definitely looking forward to
Marinette and Adrien losing their memories, Mayura's evil Ladybug clone, and 15 definitely sounds like when we finally see Master Fu suit up! 🐢💪
Old February 9th, 2019, 02:30 AM #228
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I can't believe this was the first time someone was akumatized off-screen.

I loved how embraced the wackiness was, but the Ladybug and Cat Noir toys were definitely spamming. And why did they need Cataclysm for the snow globe? Every other object can just be ripped, cracked or smashed...
Old February 9th, 2019, 07:59 PM #229
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Chris Master has got to be the most bizarre episode of the show ever...

At first I thought it might be a play on words (Chris-tMas dis-aster) but no, it probably isn't anything as deep as that...

what's with the catfish? Is that some sort of French thing?

It almost felt like it should have been last season's Christmas episode, but I guess since the whole point was it wasn't Christmas that can't be right...

the whole saving Cataclysm to destroy the snowglobe was pretty contrived...would have just made more sense for him to have used it against one of the giant toys and wasted it...

this episode is one of the clunkiest in a long time...hopefully they rebound from this one...

i looked at Astruc's twitter and he confirmed it was supposed to be done for Christmas 2018 but didn't make it...also supposed to be titled Christmaster

Last edited by bearytrek; February 10th, 2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old February 12th, 2019, 06:25 PM #230
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

re: Backwarder episode

oooooh, backstory on Master Fu!

WWII, huh? Were the Nazis after the miracle box too? I guess it wouldn't have been safe to set up shop in occupied France but Britain being bombed isn't that much safer...I wonder if he made it over to America directly after escaping France via Britain...

so he has a unrequited love too...it must be a requirement for any of the ladybug-cat miraculous holders...

it was interesting to think how it could have been gamechanging if just one of the notes went a different way...but of course as Marinette told Tikki, it will be at the right time...

Hawkmoth lurking in the toilet...would have been hilarious if he forgot to lock the door and Adrien walked in on him...

Hawk has got a little bit more info on what's going on with the miraculous protector...I get the feeling info will be slowly parsed out to him this season until something big leaks...

of course he could have seized the opportunity and gotten a lot more information out of Marianne (Marion? Mary Anne?) if he just asked her name, what the deal is with the box, which ones are in there, etc...

Last edited by bearytrek; February 12th, 2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old February 13th, 2019, 10:01 PM #231
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

So Timebreaker but weirder and less severe? Okay then.

Man, this episode had to have the best action in the show's history. Ladybug and Cat Noir were kicking her, throwing stuff at her, Cat Noir got hit with a lampost... it wasn't just well-dressed acrobatics like normal.

I assumed the train stopping would allow Marinette to come back for the prescription. Did Master Fu actually go all weekend without medicine, or did the pharmacist give her pills when she accidentally gave his love letter? That would explain why Master Fu was in good shape when they bid farewell again. And I'm with the girls, for Adrien to give up his weekend means he must care a great deal about Marinette.

Speaking of the girls, were those new voices for Rose and Juleka?

of course he could have seized the opportunity and gotten a lot more information out of Marianne (Marion? Mary Anne?) if he just asked her name, what the deal is with the box, which ones are in there, etc...
We know Akumatized people tend to retain a good deal of their willpower, so she probably would have kept to herself regardless until she completed his initial request of the Miraculous.
Old February 14th, 2019, 06:29 PM #232
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

I was thinking how weird it was for Adrien to spend an entire weekend trying to fill a prescription for (presumably) common constipation pills but it was brought up on twitter that the rx was undoubtedly written in French and Adrien was trying to fill it in England...

presumably Master Fu's name (or at least his alias) was on the prescription too but it is funnier if Adrien thinks the pills were for Marinette...probably overthinking this but I never expected to show to go to potty humor...

anyways, Valentine's Day is a perfect time for a new episode...very appropros...

Stormy Weather 2 unfortunately doesn't quite qualify...(should have known based on the uninspired title...now hoping Gamer 2.0 isn't another quasi-clip show too)

I understand the need for clip shows but even when the framing device is new it is all too evident most of the episode is recycled bits or slightly modified animation (they didn't even show the battle and defeat of the villain...which would've been more interesting if the whole show was done blair witch-documentary-style)....

Chloe being back to a bullying brat should disqualify her from ever re-obtaining the miraculous...its a jarring slide backwards for someone who seemed to at least be trying to be better...

hm, they changed Rena Rouge's transformation music (like they did with Carapace)...not a fan...the peppier Miraculous theme really fit but I guess they want to reserve that music for Ladybug...

that said there were a few hightlights...namely the in-character observations that allowed us to get into their heads...Nathalie especially...and re-confirmation all of these episodes have only taken place within the past year (a couple times before its been referenced as in Adrien's first holiday without his mom, etc)

Adrien's recognition of the handwriting on the valentine should have ended the episode and left open the question of whether he believed it was Marinette or not...resolving it with a 'hey she has Luka' was a disservice.

Last edited by bearytrek; February 14th, 2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old February 15th, 2019, 12:00 AM #233
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

A clip show? In a series that barely has a serialized plot? Ugh.

And Aurore suddenly goes to their school just so Chloe can give her negative emotions? Ugh.

And Sabrina has a new voice? Ugh.

The only part I liked was Chloe creating her own Bat-Signal.

...resolving it with a 'hey she has Luka' was a disservice.
And more importantly, a weird dumb end point.
Old March 12th, 2019, 01:25 PM #234
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Animaestro

such a meta-episode!

from the anime Ladybug/Cat Noir to the commentary within the episode itself there was no shortage of treats...

Marinette and Chloe working together? Chloe afraid of Kagami? There was a lot of character gold in this episode...

I don't think that was the real Astruc voicing himself, but I wonder how much of the self-deprecating humor at his expense has a kernel of truth?

I imagine a lot of the animation in this episode is an homage to the creators' faves as well as inspirations for the current show...
Old March 12th, 2019, 03:42 PM #235
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Astruc clearly had fun making his proxy, with his actual name, the butt of all the jokes. And inserting all of those hand-drawn cartoon styles into a CGI TV series had to be hilarious. I marked out at him changing into Ryu. XD

Do akumatized villains always have inherent weaknesses? Because this was the first time I remember Hawk Moth bestowing abilities with a clear drawback, unless weaknesses are determined by the emotions of the person granted powers...
Old March 15th, 2019, 08:38 PM #236
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 01:59 PM #237
> NateLeeScott1988
Shaken Not Stirred

NateLeeScott1988
Shaken Not Stirred

I know i am EXTREMELY behind on my Miraculous viewing, forgive me but i saw "Stormy Weather" a while ago on my DVD set and i was impressed by the stunts performed by Ladybug and Cat Noir, especially running on the side of buildings at the same time. Also, the music score for when they finally take the evil Akuma out of Stormy Weather really gelled with me.

Also, I thought I was going to be annoyed with Manon seeing as how in my real life, I don't really like to be around kids but her rapport with Alya the master babysitter is adorable and the fact that she's voiced by Stephanie Sheh (no wonder I said even then that her voice sounded familiar) amplifies the kawaii to insane levels.
NateLeeScott1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:33 PM #238
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

NateLeeScott1988 wrote: View Post

I know i am EXTREMELY behind on my Miraculous viewing, forgive me but i saw "Stormy Weather" a while ago on my DVD set and i was impressed by the stunts performed by Ladybug and Cat Noir, especially running on the side of buildings at the same time. Also, the music score for when they finally take the evil Akuma out of Stormy Weather really gelled with me.
that was actually the premiere episode in some countries (vs the Bubbler) and it has some of the best action choreography (running along sides of buildings) and character animation (the infamous kiss on the hand) and some pretty innovative scenes (the Ladybug POV in the dark)...
Old March 18th, 2019, 12:00 PM #239
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Oblivio is the best episode ever, hands down. Explored every possible theme while maintaining drawn-out continuity, every step involved conscious thought from the characters, and added edge with a boogeyman element to the akumatized victim (though the reasoning behind that was pretty lame).

But someone is clearly a DBZ fan, what with the Ginyu blaster and the Spirit Bomb. LOL
Old March 18th, 2019, 01:10 PM #240
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

and now I know why Astruc said he'd be waiting to hear all our screams after Oblivio airs

so based on this it's going to be a long long long time before it actually comes to pass

they knew they had to let off some steam, so to speak, as this fandom has been strung along for so long with no real payoff

Last edited by bearytrek; March 18th, 2019 at 01:18 PM.