Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: Which should be the next chase figure?
MMPR Pink Ranger 188 48.21%
MMPR Pink Ranger
188 48.21%
PRZ Red Ranger 73 18.72%
PRZ Red Ranger
73 18.72%
PRTF Quantum Ranger 47 12.05%
PRTF Quantum Ranger
47 12.05%
PRNS Red Ranger 4 1.03%
PRNS Red Ranger
4 1.03%
PRDT Blue Ranger 3 0.77%
PRDT Blue Ranger
3 0.77%
PRSPD Omega Ranger 13 3.33%
PRSPD Omega Ranger
13 3.33%
PRMF Solaris Knight 62 15.90%
PRMF Solaris Knight
62 15.90%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

Old March 11th, 2009, 07:57 PM #261
> JDF'd
When I Move, I Slice Like A Fucking Hammer

JDF'd

Tommy wrote: View Post

I can't really say I see a big deal about not having gotten a Solaris when anyone can just pick this up

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...petCloseup.jpg

It's not hard to find by any means, has a good sculpt (he's not all muscley), and probably has better articulation than the Super Legends. I see no reason why anyone who wants a proper Solaris Knight hasn't already picked this up, so why should a slot be wasted on one of the most universally despised seasons of the series?

If Solaris is chosen I predict only a small niche of hardcore fans picking him up and the rest will be warming pegs.
Jhiaxus wrote: View Post

Either way, it supports the theory of "only a small niche of hardcore fans picking [them] up and the rest will be warming pegs."
What are the kids who are only 2-3 years removed from MF? How many of them do you think wanted a Solaris Knight figure and never got one? How many of them do you think imported the MagiShine figure? If the figure in question is from any recent Disney season then we're not just talking about hardcore collectors. If you think Solaris would warm pegs then you're really letting your dislike of the season (a season which even I freely admit is my least favorite of all time) cloud your judgment. Can't you remember being a little kid and there was one figure in a toyline that for whatever reason you never got? I know I had that feeling and I know that just a few years later I'd still want that same figure just as much.

Also, if you're thinking that ANY SL chaser figure would just warm pegs then you're being naive. I've always said that these figures are easier to find than the panic that results everytime they hit the shelves but to call any of them peg warmers is extreme exaggeration. Shortpacked figures in any successful line aren't going to just sit there forever. I'm sure people here or there have stories about how in their specific area a certain chaser or two is much easier to find than it should be but that's far from the norm. We've had four chasers thusfar and there are still people on the board in different parts of the country that are looking for all of them.

"Peg-warmer." That's ridiculous.
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:03 PM #262
> Xerox
I put text here

Xerox
I put text here

I agree with you JDF'd, I haven't seen a single chaser in ANY store I've been to. I dunno about these "peg warmers," but I'm sure any chaser will sell well, just because it'll be limited and set apart from the regular team.
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:23 PM #263
> Magmafire2374
SoCal Ranger Fan

Magmafire2374
SoCal Ranger Fan

Skiks wrote: View Post

Mouse master must be the guinea pig sensei guy from ninjastorm.
It says it for titanium too. I'm thinking mouse as in computer mouse, but who knows.
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:27 PM #264
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Well, let the records show that here in South Texas, Super Legends peg-warm like a muthafugger. I've been to at least three Wal-Marts that have two or more Whites/Golds marked down in the clearance aisle.
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:28 PM #265
> ElusiveWookiee
Powered Up For More

ElusiveWookiee
Powered Up For More

JDF'd wrote: View Post

I'd say it's a tad naive to say we'll DEFINITELY have more MMPR products by this time next year to keep the line going. But in all honesty, if they do keep it going with more nostalgia figures the smart thing is to do what they'd done with the new mini Megazords. They should release a variety and not just go in order from MMPR onwards. Heck, that's part of my reasoning for not picking MMPR Pink. If they do start an entire retro line then MMPR will be a semi-priority. That's why I'd rather get my first ever Solaris Knight figure instead of a randomass Pink Ranger when her entire team has a better chance of being made together, in the same scale LONG before another Solaris Knight would come out.
I actually agree with everything you said there. It is naive to think we'll definitely be getting MMPR products, but if there is no show for Bandai to draw from, nostalgia seems like all they'll have going for them. For that matter, when the show goes off the air, we very well may see just one or two waves before PR dies as a toy line. Or it may continue on...we just don't know yet.

And because of that, I see where you're coming from with the Solaris Knight vote. If a retro line continues, the MMPR team should be a given, so why waste a vote here?

It's like when Toybiz used to put up polls for what Marvel Legend people wanted the most. Nobody voted for a Spider-Man variant, because they knew it would happen eventually anyway. Instead, they went for the figure that may "never" have a chance at production if it loses the poll. Whereas MMPR may become a priority very soon based on who Bandai will now be catering to, a season like Mystic Force may not see priority for a long time to come, and the team is incomplete. Unfortunately, it will stay that way without MF White Ranger, though Solaris would be a step in the right direction.

That said........I'm not risking it. MMPR Pink all the way.
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:44 PM #266
> Darkliptor01
Stealing X-mas...

Darkliptor01
Stealing X-mas...

I voted for MMPR Pink in this poll. I can't wait for the real one to go up.
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:50 PM #267
> JDF'd

JDF'd

Well, let the records show that here in South Texas, Super Legends peg-warm like a muthafugger. I've been to at least three Wal-Marts that have two or more Whites/Golds marked down in the clearance aisle.
One White and one Gold is equal to one box of figures. I know a lot of stores didn't get their boxes that had those chasers until right around the time JF figures were going to clearance. On top of that, a lot of fans looking for figures aren't even going to check the clearance aisle. Although I will admit, seeing them in the clearance aisle at all is a little shocking. Of course, the chasers are still considered Jungle Fury so all JF figures moved to clearance during a certain week no matter what.

Here's the thing those, a couple of chaser on the shelf is far from being a peg-warmer. There are like 4 or 5 Red Rangers in a box. If a store gets a couple boxes of figures they've got about 10 Red Rangers. When most of those stay on the shelf week after week and month after month, THAT'S peg-warming. Heck, just based on the fact that alone that there's only one of each chaser in a box makes it next to physically impossible for them to ever be considered peg-warmers. A store would have to go through boxes of figures like crap through a goose for that to happen.

Honestly, if you consider a couple of chasers still lagging in a store peg-warmers then pretty much every figure that you can find more than one of must be considered a peg-warmer by that standard.
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:01 PM #268
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Honestly, if you consider a couple of chasers still lagging in a store peg-warmers then pretty much every figure that you can find more than one of must be considered a peg-warmer by that standard.
I see what you mean, but I consider them peg-warmers because they were touted as super-rare, limited edition figures that everyone here (myself included) expected to sell out instantly.

I don't expect each Ben 10 figure or Star Wars alien to go for big money on the secondary market, so I'm not as surprised when they don't sell. You know?

They were over-hyped, is I guess what I'm getting at.
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:28 PM #269
> dekablueranger
Power Ranger

dekablueranger
Power Ranger

Well the thing for the solaris knight figure is that not everyone can import it , or don't want to spend the money on it. I admit I got a magishine figure but it still doesn't feel the same and we know BOA can give us a better one too like most of you said they will get most of the details on the figure. I never really bought the female figures until JF and I don't get megazords. So all I collect is figures and this Solaris Knight figures means a lot to me if they make it , plus if they released a Kim figure it would probably just be for display nothing else.
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:36 PM #270
> kdogg87
Power Ranger

kdogg87
Power Ranger

agreed.
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM #271
> dekablueranger
Power Ranger

dekablueranger
Power Ranger

^ haha no , like I said BOA would probably do a better job of if they made us a Solaris Knight because look at are other SL figures they look amazing. The Magishine figure is poseable great but the color on him isn't right and I see the figure more as more of a Maghishine than Sk. I think I can forgive BOA knowing they made a figure for every ranger like I said I don't collect the girl ranger figures as much So I'm not giving in I want my Solaris Knight haha. Repeating it again I got the Magishine figure , am I lazy? No I just want my BOA version of Sk!
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:41 PM #272
> prgbud
Body Beautiful

prgbud
Body Beautiful

Argus wrote: View Post

MMPR Pink
Also, in that issue, a page on RPM toys. The first line reads, "Nothing can kill a Power Ranger" - tell that to Disney!
That quote is amazing, hands down. It's very true. look at the strong fandom.

God, please vote for Solaris Knight. I'm begging people to control their hormones and their desire for nostalgic fanwank. Forget Kimberly. There are plenty of Kim figures out there. Solaris Knight doesn't have a basic figure and for that reason alone you should pick him.

Please don't ignore that in favor of Kimberly.
I think that since RPM is the end of series, Nostalgia is going to be the only thing that will keep the series alive. Honestly kids buy what they see on t.v. So if Power Rangers doesn't air on t.v. Why would the buy the merch?
Hell in my area, RPM airs at 5:00 a.m. on Sunday!!
What kid is going to get up that early to watch the show? Would those 2 or 3 year olds even know about it? There are also plenty of Solaris knight figures out there too. Sure none show accurate, but there still out there.

She's not real. It's just a toy.
Kimberly is iconic to fans. It is just a toy, and so is the Solaris Knight.

But at the end of the day - as a collector - I want a complete set and Mystic Force/Magiranger is the only team that doesn't feel complete on my shelf.
Then buy the Magishine figure that has been posted. If you personaly feel that way as a collector, than purchase it. It's about as accurate as you're going to get. Import. You seem to do that alot.

I just don't see the point of getting a Kim figure unless they plan on releasing four more figures to make the whole team. Since they're running a poll it seems unlikely. So please, finish one team instead of making another team only 1/3rd complete.

VOTE SOLARIS KNIGHT~!
In getting a Kim figure, that makes a female mold. In would be easy to make the entire team, being they would now have a female mold and a male mold.
Since they are running a pole and have her as an option, it's inevitible that they want fans to choose her.
---

Also, here's a little better scan of the pages of the Toyfare Magazine.

Notice how the scan of her toy is the biggest. Attention geared towards her much?

I think it'd be freaking hilarious if Bandai threw us a curveball and made MMPR Yellow out of a male body, a la Zyuranger.
That would be amazing.

Or better yet, give it a male sculp with a female bust, haha, in hommage to Zyu2 footage.

ChungieBoy wrote: View Post

It'd be cool to see the White MF figure with her staff too. But yeah, go Kimberly and Kat.
Not, Kat would have to have a male mold, she's so beastly tall and has has extremely broud shoulders. No it would be kimberly only

I can't really say I see a big deal about not having gotten a Solaris when anyone can just pick this up

It's not hard to find by any means, has a good sculpt (he's not all muscley), and probably has better articulation than the Super Legends. I see no reason why anyone who wants a proper Solaris Knight hasn't already picked this up, so why should a slot be wasted on one of the most universally despised seasons of the series?

If Solaris is chosen I predict only a small niche of hardcore fans picking him up and the rest will be warming pegs.
Cough Cough JDF'd

What are the kids who are only 2-3 years removed from MF? How many of them do you think wanted a Solaris Knight figure and never got one? How many of them do you think imported the MagiShine figure? If the figure in question is from any recent Disney season then we're not just talking about hardcore collectors. If you think Solaris would warm pegs then you're really letting your dislike of the season (a season which even I freely admit is my least favorite of all time) cloud your judgment. Can't you remember being a little kid and there was one figure in a toyline that for whatever reason you never got?
I don't think kids like that would honestly care. It's a toy. If they wanted a Solaris Knight figure, they bought one that came with a bike or quad, or dragon. Plain and simple. I don't think they're sitting at night in their rooms say Oh I wish I had an accurate Solaris Knight figure. Would they even remember his name? They would probably call him that gold guy or the guy with the cape.
Just because the figure is from a Disney season doesn't mean that it isn't geared just for collectors. It's a chaser figure. Honestly how many 6 year old kids would actually read a toy magazine and want to get on the computer to vote?

Us being little kids is very different. I mean look. We have a message board dedicated to a show geared towards 7 year olds. We're obviously different. It isn't a bad thing, but not every kid wants a toy that never got released. I mean kids move on to new better toys.
Get over it. Solaris Knight doesn't have a chance over MMPR Pink.
The Nostalgia is too strong. And plus these are Chasers geared towards Collectors. Most collectors can import a Magishine, but they can't get an accurate official MMPR pink ranger.

plus the option of a female being released like that gives us more hopes for maybe things like villains.

Last edited by prgbud; March 11th, 2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:45 PM #273
> dekablueranger
Power Ranger

dekablueranger
Power Ranger

^ Seriously I don't find any of your guys arguments strong enough, especially for a Sk fan like me. Sure Daggeron may have not been the best ranger but I'm thinking of what suit looks the coolest to me and it's definitely the SK! Stop saying just go buy a Magishine figure or he got some figures none of those are the same as BOA making a correct version and hopefully a gold figure for SK!!!!!!

So Bandai America should make their own, less poseable, version of a figure just because you don't like the color of the one you have and are too lazy to get a paint pen and fix it yourself? It's basically color by numbers, it's not hard.
I'm not lazy, and how do you know that if we get a Sk figure it would be less poseable ????? I would just enjoy my collection more knowing that they are all BOA figures. Yeah say I'm lazy , still not listening because if that's the best you've got to say I still voting for SK!
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:55 PM #274
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

prgbud wrote: View Post

There are also plenty of Solaris knight figures out there too. Sure none show accurate, but there still out there.
There are plenty of Auto Morphin MMPR Pinks out there. Sure, none are show accurate, but they're still out there.
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:59 PM #275
> prgbud
Body Beautiful

prgbud
Body Beautiful

There are plenty of Auto Morphin MMPR Pinks out there. Sure, none are show accurate, but they're still out there.
You obviously didn't read my post and chose to nitpick at one statement.
The automorphs, yah, it was basically a hunk of plastic.
not even articulated well. Solaris Knight at least had a male mold.
And plus for collectors, Magishine. I have one, it's great, but oh wait, still don't have that female mold MMPR pink ranger.
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:02 PM #276
> Darkliptor01
Stealing X-mas...

Darkliptor01
Stealing X-mas...

The Auto Morphin is big bulky and dated though. The MagiShine Skarpet figure is by far more up to today's standards and is something a collector can live with.

I'm rooting for Kim all the way.
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:04 PM #277
> dekablueranger
Power Ranger

dekablueranger
Power Ranger

^ See Like I said the argument sucks , no offense lol! The BOA SK figure wasn't poseable for shit , it was a shitty bike figure and the only thing that was correct was that doll figure you guys see in the magazine. The Mystic force figures look more intimidating than the magishine figure if you put them next to each other. Making it clear why I want a BOA verison of SK because first of all I never was the import kind of guy if BOA gave us a figure that's the one I would choose because If I do collect BOJ stuff I still see it more as sentai stuff rather than PR even though they are exactly the same. Kimberly got bunch of figures aside the automorphin and those were nice like the bike figures. I still feel like Solaris Knight got cheated , so if he wins don't be surprised lol because I'm going to get some friends and other people to vote for him and I will vote twice as much if they allow it.
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:06 PM #278
> prgbud
Body Beautiful

prgbud
Body Beautiful

dekablue how is your argument any better? Saying shitty this and shitty that doesn't really suffice
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM #279
> dekablueranger
Power Ranger

dekablueranger
Power Ranger

^ Well your argument is basically the same right ??? Saying Kimberely deserves a better figure , again stop saying buy a Magishine figure and that people are too lazy to get one. Last time I will repeat myself I got one it's not the same , SK deserves a decent BOA figure. Besides the magishine figure show me a decent SK figure, and show me all the figures of Kimberly got of her compare those Kim totally wins, like totally haha.
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:19 PM #280
> prgbud
Body Beautiful

prgbud
Body Beautiful

dekablueranger wrote: View Post

^ Well your argument is basically the same right ??? Saying Kimberely deserves a better figure , again stop saying buy a Magishine figure and that people are too lazy to get one. Last time I will repeat myself I got one it's not the same , SK deserves a decent BOA figure. Besides the magishine figure show me a decent SK figure, and show me all the figures of Kimberly got of her compare those Kim totally wins, like totally.
No, my arugment actually makes sense. to add to that. There are 3 more MMPR SL made. adding Pink would be better. I think SL SK would stick out way to much.
Not once did I say you were lazy, stop putting words in my mouth. plus the Solaris Knight that was released goes better with the figures now then the SL would. Like totally Kimberly deserves a decent figure. Like totally.
Closed