Menu

Closed

Old January 10th, 2019, 05:54 PM #5221
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

One thing they could try to do to refresh the series would be to update the visual language of the show. There are certain shots, camera angles, stunts/fighting, editing styles, etc., that have been the same for decades.

The same thing could arguably be said for the designs. Wasn't it said that the reason that Ninninger ended up with such a strange hodge-podge of mecha was that the designers were simply getting bored with their work so they just kind of threw in whatever they felt like? If the design team is getting to be that uninterested, maybe it's time to bring in some fresh blood.
Well LuPat had some interesting shots, different from basically all the Sentai before which felt pretty standard. So that was a nice change. I imagine while some of the visual language could be neat, overall that wouldn't be enough to really change things. As Ryoutarou mentioned, it's a show that really relies on the toyline overall. I think story and characters could help. Doesn't necessarily have to change drastically, it can still be a kids show but...maybe just a little more effort. There've been some good seasons of Sentai already that people really enjoy and stuff. But then you get ones that just either aren't good, or are fairly bland. LuPat has been fun, but it's biggest problem is the lull and just spinning its wheels until it has to do something.

I think they can tell a solid, interesting story and still sell the toys. Or at least not have to sacrifice toy sales for it. I think a good story and characters can help make people more motivated to go for the toys, but maybe that's only me. Not really sure what could "save" Sentai. I think at some point it just becomes a matter of 'more of the same'. Or maybe they need to look at who's really buying the toys? Like are little kids, the ones they're trying to sell to, really getting them(well their parents, but yeah). Are they buying them enough to make it matter? Are more adults looking to get the toys cause they continue enjoying the show, like many of us, despite not technically being in the demographic? If maybe their original demographic isn't exactly jumping for Sentai toys maybe they should consider trying to market a little older, and let the show's content reflect that. They don't have to exclude the younger kids but they can still make something that can appeal more to those a little older. Hell people say it all the time, there are kids shows that are well done enough that adults flock to it. Maybe that could help. Or not, who knows.

It'd be weird have a team that was all one color with multi-colored accents. Not sure how I'd feel about it. Might be a little weird.
Old January 10th, 2019, 06:02 PM #5222
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

I honestly don't see Lupin playing much in the decision making for Ryusoulger. Toei needs its stuff for the next season before the current one is finished. The final decisions are made months before filming is starting. Meaning the preproduction designs would had to already been approved months out. So the numbers might factor in later decisions to alter course but not the start. They would be basing it on forecasting from the previous seasons not the current one. the logistical nightmare that would happen if Toei decided to derail their preproduction of the next season because the current one is preforming poorly is just well seems like a waste of money.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:28 PM #5223
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Ryoutarou wrote: View Post

I mean, the images they posted are clearly brand new, they're using them to indicate they have some connection to Toei. Their previous info dumps was 100% correct. Being cautious is cool and all, but a lot of this info doesn't impact the show going forwards. (other than the supposed cast member).
When I said I don't buy any of it at all is that there was no way Toei had ever planned to have Ryusouger to be an all-gold team and the 2020 Sentai comprising a male/female duo with alternate modes. The only one I could buy is that Ryusouger was originally planned to be a dragon-themed Sentai before it was ultimately a dino-themed Sentai. I still think Ryusouger would've been better if it was a dragon-themed Sentai and had a core team of three guys and two girls (I'm not really a fan of the Smurfette principle).
Old January 11th, 2019, 12:37 AM #5224
> Buzz Bee
Power Ranger

Buzz Bee
Power Ranger

I really want the all of main villains in Ryusoulgers series have human form. They only appeared as human when they are didn't fight and they become monsters or armored forms when they are fights
Old January 11th, 2019, 01:09 AM #5225
> SnowWolf25
Power Ranger

SnowWolf25
Power Ranger

Buzz Bee wrote: View Post

I really want the all of main villains in Ryusoulgers series have human form. They only appeared as human when they are didn't fight and they become monsters or armored forms when they are fights
Maybe they'll be fallen knights.

Do we know anything about the villains so far outside the summary of the series?

Considering these powers existed in medieval times when the word dinosaur didn't exist, what else could the people have called them, but dragons. Still, they wouldn't have called the saber toothed cat a dragon so who knows.

Last edited by SnowWolf25; January 11th, 2019 at 01:16 AM.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 11th, 2019, 03:26 AM #5226
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

wammyguide wrote: View Post

He said because they’d want people to remember Super Sentai exists while the show “recovers”; whatever that means.
He also said the show is done if Ryusoulger isn't a success and now that has turned into doing specials while Ryusoulger airs to let the franchise recover i.e. no cancellation.
I can believe he has some info that specials like these are planned (although that could just be an educated guess comsidering they have happened for some time now) but it kinda feels like he's covering all bases. If sentai ends he told us so, if Ryusoulger fails but the franchise doesn't end and they do specials he told us so, if Ryusoulger is a success but the specials happen anyway ... well, they already had scripts and the casts lined up.

Dukemon wrote: View Post

As I said countless times, he's proven himself to be connected in some way to Toei, but that doesn't tell us if what he's saying is true. Even the last round of info he gave wasn't 100% what we got, but it was certainly close. Use grains of salt, and enjoy the info for what it is; fun things to discuss.

It's easy enough to debunk this info- if Tsuna Keito isn't a cast member, then that line of info is sort of out.
But if Tsuna Keito is a cast member it doesn't proove that anything else he says is true, let's have a look.

Due to Ninninger and Zyuohger underperforming, Toei wanted to innovate more starting with Kyuranger and Lupinranger vs Patranger.
That one is obvious, every fan could have said that, it's not exactly a revelation.

Toei originally wanted Ryusoulger to be all gold, and have dragons from different continents.
Impossible to proove right now, we'd need direct confirmation from Toei or designs in some book down the line.

Had this done well, 2020 was supposed to be a duo (1 male, 1 female) that had multiple forms, a la Kamen Rider.
"If the thing that won't happen had happened something else would have happened"

All of this was scrapped rather late into production due to Kyuranger and Lupinranger vs Patranger both not meeting expections.
Same as before, impossible to proove

Finally, Toei wants Ryusoulger vs Goranger episode, though it might not happen.
Again covering both bases, it might happen or not.

I believe he has some information, but if one piece of info turns out to be true it means nothing when it comes to his other claims, they're just a bunch of could have beens.

It feels like he posts a lot to make himself look more connected than he is, I think it's telling that so much of his intel is stuff that can't easily be disproven. If he knows so much about early Ryusoulger plans he should know just as much about things that are actually happening but in his previous post he didn't even get the colors right.

He has some promo pictures before they are released, he knew about the miniseries and he might know a cast member and potential plans for special movies. That makes me think he works for some press outlet and leaks info they got but is still embargoed., he might also have connections to agencies but I don't think he has inside sources at Toei.

Last edited by Salted Pepper; January 11th, 2019 at 03:50 AM.
Old January 11th, 2019, 04:44 AM #5227
> powerpipo
Power Ranger

powerpipo
Power Ranger

logically Toei should also cover all cases, they are not sure of the final result of ryusoulger yet :
- Ryusoulger is a success : super sentai will have a new season (but it only postpone the problem to next year, I don't see why ryusoulger being a success will save super sentai from cancelation later)
- Ryusoulger is a fail : there are several things that can fail : not meeting expectation from tv ratings, from toy sales. Dukemon have already said that would be toy sales that would bring a cancellation. What do do next : keep somethingwith the super sentai brand to keep it alive with some v-cinema could be a solution. But again I don't see what could bring back super sentai later with success (apart from maturing for an older audience). But it could also be a final super sentai season (avenger style perhaps), or some different tokusatsu show for a year (metal heroe for example). I

What surprise me is that they could think 2 or 3 yeard in advance. I would have thought that it was one year at most, except for deciding to use again some already used motif (dino, ninja, cars...)

It will be interesting to see what kind of infos he will bring in the future and see if it is true. It is quite interesting to read what everyone think about this.

Edit : I read the message from 4chan, I understand that toei would like to do a goranger vs ryusoulger but even he doesn't believe it would be possible. Would find this to be an interesting way to end super sentai in fact... Final episode, goranger would appear once again to help...

Last edited by powerpipo; January 11th, 2019 at 05:04 AM.
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:31 AM #5228
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

It feels like he posts a lot to make himself look more connected than he is, I think it's telling that so much of his intel is stuff that can't easily be disproven. If he knows so much about early Ryusoulger plans he should know just as much about things that are actually happening but in his previous post he didn't even get the colors right.

He has some promo pictures before they are released, he knew about the miniseries and he might know a cast member and potential plans for special movies. That makes me think he works for some press outlet and leaks info they got but is still embargoed., he might also have connections to agencies but I don't think he has inside sources at Toei.
But that's the thing though, so much of his Intel could have been easily disproven by the Ryusoulger catalog leaks, but it wasn't.

I can try to dig up screenshots of the posts later, but IIRC, the person actually went back and said they weren't 100% sure if that was the final color scheme. But everything else? Except for the Sentai cancellation thing which we won't know about until after it's over, everything they posted was something that would publicly be either confirmed or proven false. And so far pretty much everything they posted was right. It's not just the special and a cast member. They got the gender ratio right, the fact that it was dinosaurs back when everyone thought it was dragons, that there would be a battleship. And then there's their Rider leaks which, again, turned out to be true (though comparatively less consequential) They mentioned Tsukasa/Kamen Rider Decade would appear in Zi-O and its movie and he did. They also revealed LuPat vs Kyu was happening and revealed its story which was then confirmed via trailers.

I'm not buying that someone posts such much information that in itself is already massive and then starts dropping false stuff (which doesn't even impact Sentai going forward, it just seemed like a neat "hey here's what might have been" thing) while still posting images from the Cross-Z movie. (which all appeared in the trailer that was released today)

What surprise me is that they could think 2 or 3 yeard in advance. I would have thought that it was one year at most, except for deciding to use again some already used motif (dino, ninja, cars...)
That's how they work at times. One of the Kamen Rider W production material books says that producer Tsukada initially wanted to do bugs again with W but couldn't because "the show before last already did bugs and it was too soon" this implies W was being planned during very early stages of Kiva's broadcast. (Kabuto would have been the show that aired before last at the time)

I dunno if this across the board, but those two year jump starts have happened before. Ryunkendo's planning initially began in 2003 and that show didn't air until 2006. Though, to be fair, Ryukendo was intended to air in 2005 but its promised time slot was taken by another show, leading to the entire show being filmed before the first episode even aired.
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:34 AM #5229
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

They definitely plan the shows out years in advance. To your point, W was planned alongside Decade.
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:37 AM #5230
> Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Given that remark about bugs I find it odd that they haven't returned to bugs since they made it. Maybe they're saving bugs for the next series, as the first to premiere during the new era?
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:53 AM #5231
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay

IIRC the original leak said something like Ryusoulger had to do well for Sentai to continue. Most people were saying "whatever that means" sine the wording did NOT outright say cancellation. There was talk it meant a hiatus, a formula change etc.

If we interpret as hiatus while they figure things out, then having specials airing during that time makes sense.

What have they posted so far that has been false?
Old January 11th, 2019, 09:19 AM #5232
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

AnAlpha wrote: View Post

IIRC the original leak said something like Ryusoulger had to do well for Sentai to continue. Most people were saying "whatever that means" sine the wording did NOT outright say cancellation. There was talk it meant a hiatus, a formula change etc.

If we interpret as hiatus while they figure things out, then having specials airing during that time makes sense.

What have they posted so far that has been false?
The actual wording was "if it doesn't do well it could face cancellation", meaning they'd reassess after the season was over what to do. That much I can believe, but as I said prior, that's not really a revelation. If the toys sell really bad continuously, that much is to be assumed.

There was some inconsistencies with their initial posts, like bringing up older rumors we know had to be false.

They also claimed the motif was "dinosaurs + battleships" and said it was white instead of pink. It wasn't; though we did get a tank/castle mode for the T-Rex which you could mistake for a battleship. That's not the motif though; why not say Dinosaurs + Knights?

They were mostly correct, and the things they were wrong about could be attributed to mistranslation or deliberate misinformation. We'll see how this new batch of information pans out.
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:34 AM #5233
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Merlin wrote: View Post

Given that remark about bugs I find it odd that they haven't returned to bugs since they made it. Maybe they're saving bugs for the next series, as the first to premiere during the new era?
So, you know how Hibiki has the lowest toy sales in all of Heisei Rider? Well, as cool as the suits and toys in Kabuto sold, it only just barely performed better than that. I think this has probably scared Bandai off from wanting to do another bug themed series. Granted, Rider is in a different place and much more financially secure, it's still something they might perceive as risky.

Last edited by Ryoutarou; January 11th, 2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:39 AM #5234
> Takaishi Takeru
希望を持って

Takaishi Takeru
希望を持って

Ryoutarou wrote: View Post

So, why know how Hibiki has the lowest toy sales in all of Heisei Rider? Well, as cool as the suits and toys in Kabuto sold, it only just barely performed better than that. I think this has probably scared Bandai off from wanting to do another bug themed series. Granted, Rider is in a different place and much more financially secure, it's still something they might perceive as risky.
As far as toy sales and ratings go, does Rider typically do quite well compared to Sentai? I've heard that Rider is much more secure from cancellation, but I didn't know if that implied that their toy sales and ratings were stellar.

EDIT: Of course I'm talking about toy sales/ratings currently, not necessarily back in 2005 or 2006.
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:45 AM #5235
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

I went and dug up some of the screenshots.

https://i.imgur.com/Koik41k.png
https://i.imgur.com/VB0Jrt8.png

So here's what we can take

- They hadn't seen the suits, they openly admit that the colors could be wrong
- They got the premiere date of the show spot on (though were wrong about the number of episodes in the special)
- They literally say "sentai cannot go on" which sounds like a translation of what one might say in Japanese as 「戦隊が続けられない。」
- In their second post they again outright say it can't continue if it doesn't meet ToQger's level. This might sound like a random number, but ToQger was IIRC the last Sentai to match or surpass the average sales for the decade leading up to it, which was fairly successful for Sentai, so it would make sense to use it as a marker.

Takaishi Takeru wrote: View Post

As far as toy sales and ratings go, does Rider typically do quite well compared to Sentai? I've heard that Rider is much more secure from cancellation, but I didn't know if that implied that their toy sales and ratings were stellar.

EDIT: Of course I'm talking about toy sales/ratings currently, not necessarily back in 2005 or 2006.
These days Kamen Rider makes around as much as both Super Sentai and Power Rangers combined. It's been like this since around Decade. Before Decade, Kamen Rider was in a super precarious place. One of the reasons Den-O was pushed by Toei and Bandai so hard was because, although it wasn't the most successful Rider show at the time, it was the biggest one in something like three years. Blade, Hibiki, and Kabuto all had sub 10.0 billion yen returns.

In regards to ratings, Kamen Rider historically had much higher ratings in the Heisei era, I believe Dekaranger through Boukenger was the one time Sentai was on par in ratings. That changed ever since the time slot shuffle and now Sentai getting higher figures than Rider isn't super unheard of. (on a per-episode basis)
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:55 AM #5236
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Once again the biggest thing keeping me from embracing what they say is the fact they picked 4Chan to post on. If they used any other source I'd have an easier time believing them (even with grains of salt)
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:46 AM #5237
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Buzz Bee wrote: View Post

I want the 3-4 druidon generals to be dragon rangers who share a hydra dragon mecha. The footsoldiers can actually be the rangers so if they’re destroyed, they can be easily replaced.
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:57 AM #5238
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

maslego wrote: View Post

Once again the biggest thing keeping me from embracing what they say is the fact they picked 4Chan to post on. If they used any other source I'd have an easier time believing them (even with grains of salt)
Their attitude when they posted is basically what made me hesitant to believe them. But the facts are the facts; they obviously have some in, or know someone who has an in.

I do think a lot of the messages are being translated from Japanese.

Still doesn't really do much in the grand scheme of things- a toy driven show has to sell toys to be successful. We all know that; it's not going to change, and hopefully the dinosaurs and collectibles give it a kick-start.
Old January 11th, 2019, 12:36 PM #5239
> sylarking
Power Ranger

sylarking
Power Ranger

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

. The footsoldiers can actually be the rangers so if they’re destroyed, they can be easily replaced.
Not going happened.
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:39 PM #5240
> hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay
hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

I want the 3-4 druidon generals to be dragon rangers who share a hydra dragon mecha. The footsoldiers can actually be the rangers so if they’re destroyed, they can be easily replaced.
It's an interesting and original concept, but kids would be confused, so it will not happen
Closed

Tags
be healthy duke, dino force brave 2, dino knight, dinot again, dragon sentai... loljk, its about to get wild, kyoryuger 2, no dragon rangers for you