Home Menu

Menu

Old September 15th, 2018, 07:17 AM #3181
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

I cant imagine with how much they paid saban they are quick to buy out an entire con, but scott may be willing to give in for cheap after this. My bet would be they simply pull any support for the con.
TheDub is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 11:22 AM #3182
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Yeah that would be my guess too. And then may as well just go to Rangerstop!
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 08:12 PM #3183
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

Hasbro shut down Botcon. Why wouldn't they shut down Power Morphicon?
technically BotCon was a fan-run convention that had major support from Hasbro (in regards to exclusives, panel reveals, etc) while Morphicon also being a fan-run show has no support/link to Hasbro...

Hasbro showed up at this year's con and had the cast reveal because they needed to give the fans some faith the future would be bright...they pretty much had to make an appearance to stem the bleeding from Bandai's abandonment of the brand since the movie failure...

When Hascon rolls around in 2019 I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed the new cast for 2020 (if rumors Beast Morphers is a one-and-done season) there...

that would leave Morphicon free to continue having actors show up but they wouldn't have any licensee support...
bearytrek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2018, 05:35 AM #3184
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

bearytrek wrote: View Post

technically BotCon was a fan-run convention that had major support from Hasbro (in regards to exclusives, panel reveals, etc) while Morphicon also being a fan-run show has no support/link to Hasbro...

Hasbro showed up at this year's con and had the cast reveal because they needed to give the fans some faith the future would be bright...they pretty much had to make an appearance to stem the bleeding from Bandai's abandonment of the brand since the movie failure...

When Hascon rolls around in 2019 I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed the new cast for 2020 (if rumors Beast Morphers is a one-and-done season) there...

that would leave Morphicon free to continue having actors show up but they wouldn't have any licensee support...

This isn't really an accurate description of what happened though...
cleanuphtr15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2018, 07:09 PM #3185
> Tyranno Carl
Power Ranger

Tyranno Carl
Power Ranger

Iím sorry if this was already asked but does anyone know if the original shogun megazord fits within the legacy titanus?
Tyranno Carl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2018, 08:59 PM #3186
> NewWhiteTiger
Ranger in Training

NewWhiteTiger
Ranger in Training

Tyranno Carl wrote: View Post

Iím sorry if this was already asked but does anyone know if the original shogun megazord fits within the legacy titanus?
And there's the reminder that there's no legacy Shogun Megazord, the sole reason I got into the legacy zord line...
NewWhiteTiger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 03:49 PM #3187
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Sorry you only got into the line for a toy no one ever said was going to be released? There sure was alot of other great stuff we did get though.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 06:18 PM #3188
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

NewWhiteTiger wrote: View Post

And there's the reminder that there's no legacy Shogun Megazord, the sole reason I got into the legacy zord line...
The closest thing to that now would be the Super Mini Pla Muteki Shogun.
Lord-Zero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 06:21 PM #3189
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

I still think Bandai would have ruined it. Think about it. Sure, they vastly improved the image of the megazords to be more accurate. But, they took 5 Megazords that had already been done in the 90's and found a way to make worse what had already been perfect transformation-wise. ZB for Megazord, Dragonzord's legs and staff, ZB for Tigerzord and the lion's stupid attachment, lean for Thunder Megazord, or if you got the updated version like me, knee caps that fold back further than they should just to support the lean, and Ninja Megazord's arms on the bear zord, and falconzord's connectors. I get that these would have their problems, but IMO, Ninja Megazord was the most inexcusable. I can overlook everything else even tho it's hard. But 90's Ninja Megazord was perfect. There were no flaws with it. It was a great toy, easy to put together. Not a single bear zord's legs would fold backward if you nudged an arm.

This was a line for collectors. For all the money spent by the collectors, too much of it was put into appearance and die-cast, and they did not focus as much on practicality as they should have. Trust me, we would have been pissed if we had ever seen that Shogun Megazord. Oh, they would have definitely shown us the "good" stuff first, just like they did with Ninja Megazord. That sweet ape zord with the legs that split and the accurately painted swords. The poseable frog zord legs. All that stuff. Then we wouldn't dive into the bad until the figure came out. Hmm, let's see... parts that don't move the way they should, parts that weren't painted right, cuz you know, Hasbro's taking over, parts that come off that shouldn't come off so it can combine with something else that it either shouldn't combine with or is supposed to combine an entirely different way. Need I go on? I think I've ranted enough.

Anyway, I know I've just been complaining about this line, but seriously, is there any word on the legacy Psycho red and blue and DT white? They were supposed to be out at BBTS last month, then they pushed it back to this month. We got one week left in September, and I do not think we are getting them this month either.
Dark storm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 06:30 PM #3190
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Yeah, I agree. The legacy zords are all beautiful individually, but when they combine thats when shit goes south. I could imagine how much of a mess the shogun megazord would be.

I really, really hope we get a soc or artisian release for the season 3 zords.
mmprfan09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote