RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 6th, 2017, 11:10 PM   #81
Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

I agree with the earlier post that this episode crammed about five episodes worth of story in it. I hope this show doesn't have the same pacing issues Kyuranger had in the beginning, which is one of the big reasons I couldn't get into it.

That said, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this episode. It's shot beautifully, the suits look gorgeous, and the story already has me wanting more. I typically find multiple form change Riders pretty boring, but I think I'm gonna like this one. I've already watched it twice, and I'm tempted to watch it a third time.
Mr. Underachiever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2017, 12:32 AM   #82
Akumaru
Power Ranger

Excited to see Nitrogue battle the Sento and the way the story goes, because the ideia of Pandora Box and the Japan Devided I what to see the wya is going to work, because the words of Nitrogue about the War was started
Akumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 02:00 AM   #83
zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Underachiever View Post
I agree with the earlier post that this episode crammed about five episodes worth of story in it. I hope this show doesn't have the same pacing issues Kyuranger had in the beginning, which is one of the big reasons I couldn't get into it.
IMO needing 9 rangers as a start makes it IMO a necessary evil to rush the introductions -- it is actually kind of great that they all had somewhat proper introductions to begin with.
zjranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:02 AM   #84
⚡Dukemon

Also, Kyuranger sales are a proof of concept for this kind of high-energy start. You can always take a breath once you've got all the characters in, and the first episode at least gave us a glance at each of them.
Dukemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 08:51 AM   #85
Adara.2
Power Ranger

So RabbitTank is a water bottle. The Midseason Upgrade is RabitTank on soda. What's the Ultimate Form, RabbitTank on Starbucks?
Adara.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 09:04 AM   #86
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adara.2 View Post
So RabbitTank is a water bottle. The Midseason Upgrade is RabitTank on soda. What's the Ultimate Form, RabbitTank on Starbucks?
Energy drink or beer.
Shirubaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 09:05 AM   #87
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Quote:
Still not convinced that Sparkling isn't just a Drago Knight Hunter Z-type thing...

But clearly a barrel of ale for final form.
TealMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:43 PM   #88
Adara.2
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealMystechRanger View Post
Still not convinced that Sparkling isn't just a Drago Knight Hunter Z-type thing...

But clearly a barrel of ale for final form.
Would alcohol be allowed on a kid show like this one?
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:47 PM   #89
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Most likely not, but then I was only being silly, heheh.

I would still expect to see pairs of Full Bottles for most forms, including whatever we may see in the Second Quarter catalogue. But for the final form... harder to say, really. Even if it's two Full Bottles, they'll be irregular in some way, if the likes of the Mugen Eyecon is anything to go by.
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #90
⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Blue Sky

We know from the toys that there's a "Super Best Match" sound that requires something plugged in behind the belt.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 04:00 PM   #91
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

That'll be it! Any idea if that needs two Bottles plugged in at the same time (or just anything in the main "cradle" of the Driver)? If so, that could be our penultimate form, with whatever plugs in at the back sitting atop them/it.
Old September 8th, 2017, 06:16 PM   #92
timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Quote:
Would alcohol be allowed on a kid show like this one?
I don't see why not specifically, since there have been villains drinking sake, heroes doing the drunken fist technique, Nozomu and his dad holding glasses of wine in Goseiger, and whatnot.
timegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 08:13 PM   #93
Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Japan has different censorship standards than we do, from what I've seen in the past stuff like that is perfectly acceptable in children's entertainment over there (hell, I've seen some shows get away with a lot worse).
Akiba Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 08:24 PM   #94
Adara.2
Power Ranger

So the Ultimate Form could be a master of drunken fighting? Awesome.
Old September 9th, 2017, 01:32 AM   #95
JaimeZeo
Go-On, then.

There's a MASSIVE difference between a villain drinking sake and Bandai trying to sell bottles of pretend alcohol to children or more specifically, getting their parents to buy them bottles of pretend alcohol. That should go without saying.

Even in the 90s Gai Yuki drank like a champ, but they never tried to sell whiskey to stick into his Cross Changer.
JaimeZeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 01:37 AM   #96
AshiusX
Inoue-ist

Japanese parents let their kids walk alone to school and back at a surprisedly young age. Some even let them go other places. Japanese society is a different environment where kids can mature quickly than here.

I don't think they're going to be bothered by plastic ''pretend alcohol''.

AshiusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 05:42 AM   #97
Champ
Oushi Black!

So, I watched the first episode and I have to say it was pretty decent... and the henshin was weird and I don't know if I like this... As for the Rider Kick, I'm not totally into this. Eh

So, they used the Wolverine Origin route, seeing a person in a big tub and the Bat Rider was there. Interesting and cool. Somehow, I felt like this episode was pretty rushed. Hopefully next one will be better.
Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 01:56 PM   #98
⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

More like the Kamen Rider origin, but sure, it's reminiscent of Wolverine too.
Multiple Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 03:09 PM   #99
Lee Noire
I think. Therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiusX View Post
Japanese parents let their kids walk alone to school and back at a surprisedly young age. Some even let them go other places. Japanese society is a different environment where kids can mature quickly than here.

I don't think they're going to be bothered by plastic ''pretend alcohol''.

I don't think that's strictly a Japanese thing. I walked everywhere as a child here in the states without an adult. It was a different time then. Now I wouldn't trust my kid out in the world alone the way kids get snatched up here.
Lee Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 03:44 PM   #100
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Noire View Post
I don't think that's strictly a Japanese thing. I walked everywhere as a child here in the states without an adult. It was a different time then. Now I wouldn't trust my kid out in the world alone the way kids get snatched up here.
Oh definitely. But the key word is "different time". If that video is any indication, this practice is still very common in Japan to this very day. So it really does seem to be more of a cultural thing, or maybe because Japanese citizens don't spend their time being inundated, frightened and paranoid every single minute by the evils, tragedies, and disasters of the world via non-stop media.
Quantum Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
αρε υο∪ ρεα∂υ, 60 dollar dirty shirt, full bottle full wallet, gaymen rider, kamen rider neeeeeeeerd, science!!!!!, too much math