Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old July 30th, 2017, 02:31 PM   #81
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumaru View Post
Mondo Last Stand should had been multi-parter to lead of Louie Kaboon debuts
Rock-a-Bye Power Rangers should have also been a two-parter. Somnibot was amazing! She almost put the Rangers to bed (both figuratively and literally).
Old July 30th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #82
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieYaz View Post
That's not exactly what I meant. I meant ZEO episodes.
I was just talking in general. The Zeo multi-parters we do get...well, there are several good ones that do work (King for a Day, Rangers of Two Worlds)...and the there's "There's No Business Like Snow Business". It does help the season that we do get some "sagas" in the midst that are technically multi-parters but part of a bigger story. (there is at least one episode before "King for a Day", and we get stuff like 4 episodes for Tommy's "vision quest" and 7 for the Gold Ranger saga)
Old July 30th, 2017, 02:50 PM   #83
Akumaru
Power Ranger

Quote:
Rock-a-Bye Power Rangers should have also been a two-parter. Somnibot was amazing! She almost put the Rangers to bed (both figuratively and literally).
In fact he is one mine favorite monsters in Zeo, and in Ohranger he is great plot, well another episodes should had work for multi-parter Mean Screen, the all the monster always had upgrades and even infected the Zeo Zords and weapons of the Rangers.

The Vorax should had been Muti-Parter episodes, because could had bring another evil force to join with King Mondo.

Another I think and I liked much of that monsters is Feed the Seeds, that monster which Rocky made plants, I always liked much in Ohranger too.
Old July 30th, 2017, 02:55 PM   #84
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Quote:
But there was barely enough material for the one episode. Especially when Somnibot was destroyed part way through the one 30-minute installment.
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:03 PM   #85
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoMystechRanger View Post
But there was barely enough material for the one episode. Especially when Somnibot was destroyed part way through the one 30-minute installment.
Never underestimate the human mind, sweetie.
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:14 PM   #86
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

Quote:
Just because you like the episode, doesn't mean it should've been two parts.

Like, I really like Happy Birthday Zack from MMPR, but that doesn't mean that it should've had multiple parts.
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:14 PM   #87
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

The problem with Somnibot aside obvious reasons is that it was part of a storyline meant to hype and build up the Gold Ranger. Why would they really bring focus to one random monster of the Machine Empire when the next episodes bring in the Varox, which at least were adapted from another MotW from Oh and used in a different way? (and at least moves the Gold saga forwards)
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:17 PM   #88
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataruman View Post
The problem with Somnibot aside obvious reasons is that it was part of a storyline meant to hype and build up the Gold Ranger. Why would they really bring focus to one random monster of the Machine Empire when the next episodes bring in the Varox, which at least were adapted from another MotW from Oh and used in a different way? (and at least moves the Gold saga forwards)
Oh, I getcha now.
Old July 31st, 2017, 03:45 AM   #89
Darthbane2007
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh Prime View Post
Green with Evil should have been no longer than three parts. No more.
Well they could have made each part 1 hour...
Old July 31st, 2017, 06:22 AM   #90
SgtReed24
Power Ranger

You know one thing that I missed from MMPR in Zeo was the power blaster bringing together scene. That was such a hype moment whenever they brought that out and the theme song starting playing...

They had a zeo blaster but they didn't really have a combination scene. It was just sort of... already put together. =/

I think it would have been cool if they had a new combination scene for the Zeo blaster.
Old July 31st, 2017, 06:57 AM   #91
BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

I'm finally at King for a Day and Zeo really has picked up. I do find it funny however that Tommy is essentially replaced by Jason in terms of focus. Tommy barely appears unmorphed for large stretches of several episodes after Jason comes back.

Call it bias, but this doesn't bother me so much. A least Jason has a personality, where as Tommy has long been a blank cookie cutter hero at this point. I laughed out loud the first time Tommy lead the team into morph and they showed a split screen with Jason leading the morph too. Hilarious.

I'm wondering, was there a reason for the lack of JDF in these episodes? Did he have something going on off screen? I can't imagine he loved the reduced role.
Old July 31st, 2017, 11:05 AM   #92
big smile
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRangerKev View Post
I'm wondering, was there a reason for the lack of JDF in these episodes? Did he have something going on off screen? I can't imagine he loved the reduced role.
The rumour is that JDF wanted to leave, but Saban Ent. convinced him to stay by giving him less hours. Not sure how true this is especially as the scripts for Turbo have him having more lines (In the Turbo episodes that aired, most of his lines went to Adam). Y'd think if he was doing less during Zeo, then by the time Turbo came around, they would know the deal and not given him so many lines in the scripts.
Old July 31st, 2017, 01:29 PM   #93
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

One thing I wish they did was a better backstory for King Mondo and his family. For example, why he wanted sons instead of daughters to inherit the empirical throne. Was he, like King Henry VIII of England, obsessed with procuring himself a son or two to rule the Empire when he died?

Last edited by AngieYaz; July 31st, 2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old July 31st, 2017, 01:53 PM   #94
Akumaru
Power Ranger

They really should develoment more the plot Machine Empire and give more storyline about the King Aradon the father of Archerina
Old July 31st, 2017, 02:20 PM   #95
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumaru View Post
They really should develoment more the plot Machine Empire and give more storyline about the King Aradon the father of Archerina
Yeah! Like, who is Aradon's queen (thus: Archerina's mom)?
Old July 31st, 2017, 10:04 PM   #96
Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRangerKev View Post
I'm finally at King for a Day and Zeo really has picked up. I do find it funny however that Tommy is essentially replaced by Jason in terms of focus. Tommy barely appears unmorphed for large stretches of several episodes after Jason comes back.

Call it bias, but this doesn't bother me so much. A least Jason has a personality, where as Tommy has long been a blank cookie cutter hero at this point. I laughed out loud the first time Tommy lead the team into morph and they showed a split screen with Jason leading the morph too. Hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big smile View Post
The rumour is that JDF wanted to leave, but Saban Ent. convinced him to stay by giving him less hours. Not sure how true this is especially as the scripts for Turbo have him having more lines (In the Turbo episodes that aired, most of his lines went to Adam). Y'd think if he was doing less during Zeo, then by the time Turbo came around, they would know the deal and not given him so many lines in the scripts.
I started to notice that we weren't seeing him around much at that point in Zeo. I used to think that he might be the next to leave since a similar thing happened with Kimberly before she left.
Old July 31st, 2017, 10:12 PM   #97
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Did you like episode 31, BrownRangerKev?
Old August 1st, 2017, 12:02 AM   #98
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Quote:
One thing I wish they did was a better backstory for King Mondo and his family. For example, why he wanted sons instead of daughters to inherit the empirical throne.
Who says he did?

Just because they're machines doesn't automatically mean they select the gender of their offspring.
Old August 1st, 2017, 12:15 AM   #99
Kaigan

Quote:
One thing I wish they did was a better backstory for King Mondo and his family. For example, why he wanted sons instead of daughters to inherit the empirical throne. Was he, like King Henry VIII of England, obsessed with procuring himself a son or two to rule the Empire when he died?
I mean, according to you every female robot is destined to turn good so...
Old August 1st, 2017, 05:44 AM   #100
BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Quote:
Did you like episode 31, BrownRangerKev?
I thought it was alright. Nothing that blew my mind but it was a decent filler episode.
Closed Thread