RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old July 27th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #61
Pink Warrior
Power Ranger

Katherine's character was basically Harley Quinn (except good rather than evil) for Tommy. She was there to prop up Tommy's ego & make him look even more cooler in the eyes of young boys (a.k.a. the Alpha Male guy that most guys aspire to be & most girls want to date).

With Kimberly however I feel like there was equality. Tommy was the Alpha Male & Kimberly was the Alpha Female, but Kimberly could actually stand on her own two feet, and she actually had a life outside of Tommy; she had other things going on for her which made young girls look up to her. The relationship between Tommy & Kimberly also felt like that of equals, whereas Katherine feels like Tommy's sidekick.
Old July 27th, 2017, 07:48 PM   #62
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Warrior View Post
Katherine's character was basically Harley Quinn (except good rather than evil).
Harley's good in Injustice 2.

I hated Kat's stupidity in that snow episode.
Old July 27th, 2017, 08:57 PM   #63
MMPRpinkninja
Zack 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Warrior View Post
Katherine's character was basically Harley Quinn (except good rather than evil) for Tommy. She was there to prop up Tommy's ego & make him look even more cooler in the eyes of young boys (a.k.a. the Alpha Male guy that most guys aspire to be & most girls want to date).

With Kimberly however I feel like there was equality. Tommy was the Alpha Male & Kimberly was the Alpha Female, but Kimberly could actually stand on her own two feet, and she actually had a life outside of Tommy; she had other things going on for her which made young girls look up to her. The relationship between Tommy & Kimberly also felt like that of equals, whereas Katherine feels like Tommy's sidekick.

Katherine didn't have a strong enough personality to be Tommy`s equal. They characters really weren't that interesting to watch play off each other. Even their date in "Hawaii Zeo" were weak and boring. Chemistry matters and they didn't really have. Plus they made her a tad to damsel during the gold saga. If you watch before the snow arc she had a good footing but after she was visibly more attached to Tommy's every move. She far better in Turbo when Tommy was less of A focus
Old July 27th, 2017, 09:26 PM   #64
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieYaz View Post
I hated Kat's stupidity in that snow episode.
What are you talking about?
Old July 27th, 2017, 09:58 PM   #65
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoMystechRanger View Post
What are you talking about?
She puts on a cute pink dress and sets up a dinner table for two...only for us to find out that she called Heather over to help cheer Tommy up.

She had one job and she screwed THAT up.
Old July 27th, 2017, 10:06 PM   #66
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

Quote:
She puts on a cute pink dress and sets up a dinner table for two...only for us to find out that she called Heather over to help cheer Tommy up.

How did she screw it up? I mean... it's been a while since I've seen the episode, but it sounds like she was just helping.
Old July 27th, 2017, 10:08 PM   #67
Pink Warrior
Power Ranger

Quote:

I haven't seen that episode in so long, so I have a vague memory of it, but I actually think that it was kinda smart of Kat to do that?

She obviously really liked Tommy, but she didn't want to look like Tommy's rebound girl, she didn't want to make her own feelings for Tommy known to him yet, and she also didn't want to make herself look bad by getting with Tommy while he was extremely vulnerable.

I think she played her hand just right. She did just enough to look like the supportive friend trying to help Tommy move on & also making herself look morally in the right by not selfishly taking advantage of the situation, but she also wisely didn't show her entire card deck & spell it out for Tommy that she herself had wanted him.
Old July 27th, 2017, 11:34 PM   #68
Ankh Primo

Quote:

She knew Tommy had feelings for Heather and put her own wants aside for her friend. She literally told Tanya as much.

That makes her smart.
Old July 28th, 2017, 12:01 AM   #69
JasonGoldRanger
Gold Ranger Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by big smile View Post
I thought that too.

The Gold Ranger Saga was awesome as it was a triple fake out.
First you think it's Billy, but then it turns out to be Trey, but then it turns out it's going to be Billy afterall, but then it's David and then it's Jason
Yeah it was awesome .
Old July 29th, 2017, 07:32 PM   #70
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Do you guys ever wish certain episodes should have been multiparters?
Old July 29th, 2017, 09:34 PM   #71
Ankh Primo

Quote:
Hell no. Most episodes should have been far shorter.

Snow Business, Green with Evil, The Ninja Encounter, most of Ninja Storm...
Old July 29th, 2017, 10:29 PM   #72
Kaigan

Green with Evil should have been no longer than three parts. No more.
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:14 AM   #73
LastLine
Welcome to the X-Men...

I'm rewatching at the minute with my son (we've done MMPR S1-3 and working through in order) what I can't remember is when do Rita and Zedd start making a reappearance in their RV? I could of sworn it was much earlier than it appears to be.
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:28 AM   #74
Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLine View Post
I'm rewatching at the minute with my son (we've done MMPR S1-3 and working through in order) what I can't remember is when do Rita and Zedd start making a reappearance in their RV? I could of sworn it was much earlier than it appears to be.
It's in "Mondo's Last Stand".
Old July 30th, 2017, 03:58 AM   #75
Akumaru
Power Ranger

Gasket and Archerina should had been the final villans of this season, even with King Mondo returns, the dynamic between villans was cool
Old July 30th, 2017, 05:22 AM   #76
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Quote:
There are already multi-parters where nothing happens in stretches of storyline (The Ninja Encounter is the biggest offender of that) and there are even questionable elements in storylines that are multi-parters that are good. (the whole "multiple attacks" sequence in pt. 1 of "A Different Shade of Pink" has only one purpose: to give Kim one more fight in the Pterodactyl suit...that's it...and even then it was without her Power Coin...you could also argue Garbage Mouth, but I liked him; heck, we even have blank spaces in "Green With Evil" where nothing happens like some aspects of Jason's fight with Goldar!) Having multi-parters in PR is fine if you want to tell a story that matters, but it has to matter and you have to use the time to prove why you need multiple parts to tell this particular story.
Old July 30th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #77
Ankh Primo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumaru View Post
Gasket and Archerina should had been the final villans of this season, even with King Mondo returns, the dynamic between villans was cool
Eh, making it to 49 out of 50 episodes is already pretty final when you think about it.

Not to mention that episode was way better than the last one. >_>
Old July 30th, 2017, 01:12 PM   #78
Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ Consider the fact they used much footage of the final arc of Ohranger, apart of they make the Zeo Finale with the Zeo Rangers vs Mondo in a giant rangers vs Mondo
Old July 30th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #79
AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataruman View Post
There are already multi-parters where nothing happens in stretches of storyline (The Ninja Encounter is the biggest offender of that) and there are even questionable elements in storylines that are multi-parters that are good. (the whole "multiple attacks" sequence in pt. 1 of "A Different Shade of Pink" has only one purpose: to give Kim one more fight in the Pterodactyl suit...that's it...and even then it was without her Power Coin...you could also argue Garbage Mouth, but I liked him; heck, we even have blank spaces in "Green With Evil" where nothing happens like some aspects of Jason's fight with Goldar!) Having multi-parters in PR is fine if you want to tell a story that matters, but it has to matter and you have to use the time to prove why you need multiple parts to tell this particular story.
That's not exactly what I meant. I meant ZEO episodes.
Old July 30th, 2017, 02:20 PM   #80
Akumaru
Power Ranger

Mondo Last Stand should had been multi-parter to lead of Louie Kaboon debuts
Closed Thread