RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old September 23rd, 2017, 10:39 PM   #5701
zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Kenbikyou. Balance modified it to shrink them, instead of magnifying. Will probably go back to normal if we see it again.

I was thinking what KyuTama they can use for the shrinking power, and I thought Microscopium could be used, but it has a different ability, although I wonder which part of the KyuTama is actually "raw" because it is interesting that you could modify it haha.
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:41 AM   #5702
tavionjackson
Power Ranger

what was up with the Giant evil Hebitsukai Metal? Did the monster turn into him ?
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:01 AM   #5703
⚡Dukemon

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

what was up with the Giant evil Hebitsukai Metal? Did the monster turn into him ?

The Daikan had dominion over Dark Naga. Akyanaba's emotion release is actually controlled by little Indavers being objected into her victims. So this Daikan was able to take the form of Dark Naga being in control of those emotions.

Old September 24th, 2017, 08:08 AM   #5704
tavionjackson
Power Ranger

oh, that's pretty cool. I wish we could've seen him go one on one with Naga. So the little indavers control how the persons The Akyanaba uses the emotions released?

Last edited by tavionjackson; September 24th, 2017 at 08:17 AM.
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:18 AM   #5705
Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

The writting and directing deserves a lot of credit:

with how they handled the tone shift right after Naga was brought back to normal. I mean, we were right there on all that intense japanese over-drama, then they crack a joke about the monster growing... But to normal size. Well played. VERY well played.

Although not a fan of they going to Naga's mind via that kyutama. I'd much rather Echidna reveals Psychic powers (which seems implied to be an ability of the people from hebitsukai star system since Naga nearly got her to shot her own head) and all the battle happened in the astral plane.

Anyway, the episode worked quite well. But hopefully, Hammy's arc won't be limited to a small role in this Dark Naga business and she'll have a big plot going for her
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:00 AM   #5706
hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay
From now on, I think I'll only say if I didn't like an episode, because I can't say everytime how an episode was good to watch as I was going to be repetitive! This is my last time I'll write this: great episode just like many of the previous ones.

I absolutely approve how Lucky stays much more in the Orion form than the basic one. Last episode he even didn't morphed into Shishi Red at all. I think it's becoming a standard. And what about how he changes behaviour when he's Orion? Very elegant. And it's reflected into his personality, he acts much more maturely when he's unmorphed.
However, they had to make an all new monster than just a vein-and-artery-coloured Indaver. Kyuranger is proving to be an all-time low in the Sentai monster designs. It's nice they don't have to rely on the monster-of-the-week for plot reasons, but this time it would have been recommended. The last MotW was seven episodes ago.
Next episode an all new monster will appear, finally. I hope it will be designed nicely.
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:55 AM   #5707
Jus1995
Power Ranger

hannibaLUCIO wrote: View Post

However, they had to make an all new monster than just a vein-and-artery-coloured Indaver. Kyuranger is proving to be an all-time low in the Sentai monster designs. It's nice they don't have to rely on the monster-of-the-week for plot reasons, but this time it would have been recommended. The last MotW was seven episodes ago.
Agreed. Maybe this discrepancy could be fixed in the adaptation, along with the Kyutamas. Don't have enough time to show off all the Kyutamas? Just have the MOTW be empowered by different Kyutamas, kind of like how Ninninger started off with each MOTW producing a shuriken after being defeated. You hit two birds with one stone, and possibly establish the Dark Kyutama further down the line.
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:12 AM   #5708
⚡Dukemon

12 rangers, even with only 7 of them being human= big budget. I'm surprised there aren't more recolored monsters. At least they've found a way for it to make sense, and they poke fun at it.

Ninninger had that happen until the very end; it's just you sort of lose track of how many the bad guys have left constantly. Which is probably why they didn't do it here.

Power Rangers doesn't have the depth to "correct" it. I'm terrified at what Kyuranger will be adapted into.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:25 AM   #5709
Jus1995
Power Ranger

Ninninger had that happen until the very end; it's just you sort of lose track of how many the bad guys have left constantly. Which is probably why they didn't do it here.
Given we've got more than 88 Kyutamas, it wouldn't be farfetched to have some of them be in Daikaan hands. 50 episodes filmed throughout an entire year, that's one Kyutama per Daikaan. And that's not even getting to the main villains.

Admittedly it'd cost significantly more money on the production side to make every single Daikaan not only physically distinct, but also resemble a different constellation.
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:25 AM   #5710
Setherz
Power Ranger

Yet another good episode.

The Dark Naga arc was actually very well done in my humble opinion.
It highlighted the fact that sometimes emotions can get out of control and when they do, it usually does damage.

As much as this was Naga's arc, this was about Balance as well. I think there was some inner turmoil as to why he originally teamed up with Naga for his own gain, but as the arc went on there was a true sense of loyalty he felt towards Naga and I appreciated his determination to get him back.

I'm glad another ranger besides Red got a power up. Always nice to see. Good to see Raptor get some focus next week.
Old September 25th, 2017, 04:32 PM   #5711
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Really liked how they played the conclusion to Naga's arc here. Naga crying and accepting/gaining control over his awakened emotions was nice, and now he has access to HebitsukaiMetal without the weird eye sticker. (Also, didn't he says "Metal Ophiuchus" when performing a finisher? Not just the subs, but it sounded like he said the Latin word.)

Echidna's visible Adam's apple during her fight with Naga amused me. The tiny Indaver growing to normal size was funny. Lots of fun!
Old September 25th, 2017, 05:05 PM   #5712
Riderdimension
The only one

Makes sense. He did an Ophiuchus Impact in the deka/gavan episode. Since Ophiuchus, and a few other of the ranger constellations, doesn't have unique names for its stars, they call out the constellation name instead. Because their stars are all named after the constellation, differentiated with greek letters or numbers
Old September 25th, 2017, 05:30 PM   #5713
TealMystechRanger
One For All

Aaaah, hadn't noticed before. Thanks!
Old September 25th, 2017, 07:56 PM   #5714
timegold
Destroyer of Particles

So in the end, the key to saving Naga from his emotions was his emotions. At least he was correct in that Balance was the catalyst for that; Balance cares so much for his partner that he's willing to enter him. Which, by the way, is a clever plan; the only way they're getting around the empire and the agent sent to take care of him was through subterfuge. It's kind of an emotional reunion, one that's worth it even if short lived.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:17 PM   #5715
Painted Outlaw
User of Relief

Xenotome wrote: View Post

That's not really a lot of set work though, I'm pretty sure those are just matte paintings likely of existing places embellished by Toei. It's a very common old Hollywood trick. Doing that now would just look pretty bad.
Set pieces, composite shots, my joke point was just that it looked nice yet that didn't stop the show from pinning itself to Earth.

12 rangers, even with only 7 of them being human= big budget. I'm surprised there aren't more recolored monsters.
They make up for it by bringing Mardakko back x000 times, haha.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:19 PM   #5716
⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Blue Sky

They're getting their money's worth for hiring KitaEri.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:31 PM   #5717
SpandexSuperFan
19 Super Sentai in full

What a ending to the Darth Naga story. There were moments were I wanted to shed tears. I'm glad Hammy played some kind of role since it was her fault Naga went evil. Inadvertently of course. I was overjoyed seeing Naga and Balance work together again. It feels like ages since Naga did anything Kyurangerish. It hasn't been that long, has it? I was just so happy to see him back and if he keeps those dark powers we'll get to hear "Dark Kyutama" even more. Naga's embracing the true nature of the darkside of Kyutamas now!

Great episode and conclusion to the Darth Naga storyline. Even more surprising that the general, Ayanamba...or whatever her name is, didn't get destroyed right away. That's great. It means she'll get more use later on. Also the growing invader monster scene was so funny! I love when Sentai parodies it's own stuff like that XD

Edit: I heard that Ayanmba/whatever her name is, is voiced by Yellow Buster. Is that true? If so that's neat. Two former sentai yellows doing voicing in Kyuranger.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:36 PM   #5718
⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Blue Sky

SpandexSuperFan wrote: View Post

Edit: I heard that Ayanmba/whatever her name is, is voiced by Yellow Buster. Is that true? If so that's neat. Two former sentai yellows doing voicing in Kyuranger.
That was indeed Arisa Komiya. Her only other voice acting roles are Dia in Love Live Sunshine and the villain in the GARO anime movie. Not nearly as prolific as Mao Ichimichi, but it's a good start.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:44 PM   #5719
Xenotome
💎✨Queen Syuusuke✨💎

SpandexSuperFan wrote: View Post

The other two vice shoguns are voiced by NinjaBlue & DenziGreen.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:48 PM   #5720
SpandexSuperFan
19 Super Sentai in full

GreenNinja wrote: View Post

That was indeed Arisa Komiya. Her only other voice acting roles are Dia in Love Live Sunshine and the villain in the GARO anime movie. Not nearly as prolific as Mao Ichimichi, but it's a good start.
Wow! The general she's voicing sounds nothing like her, so I never would have guessed. Funny since I always thought Yoko/Yellow Buster had a distinguished voice when she spoke.

Edit: The other two generals are voiced by NinjaBlue and DenziGreen? Former sentai rangers joining the Kyuranger fun.
Closed Thread

Tags
#spacehamilton, deep space kyu, lucky lucky lucky lucky, moichendizing!, taste the rainbow!, ware wa germa 66!, wolfmanonedge, yosha lucky