RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old January 4th, 2017, 02:25 PM   #81
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
Whoa, I did not know about multiplicity. I'm so glad they are revisiting Multiversity. I'm going to be reading through major multiversial comic events starting with the pre-COIE crossovers here soon so I haven't read Multiversity yet, but I know enough about it to be glad they aren't just sweeping that under the rug.

For those more knowledgeable than me: with Convergence restoring all past timelines, does that mean that stuff pre-Zero Hour went up to a certain point, then they diverged when Zero Hour never happened and they just kept going as if nothing ever happened?

Also, I know I'm hoping against hope, but it'd be awesome if Superman Reborn did something with the old canned Sand Superman story arc.
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2017, 06:02 PM   #82
Adara.2
Power Ranger

You'd think Thundercracker lounging on The Sphinx would be reported or something.
Adara.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2017, 08:47 PM   #83
John Pannozzi
Power Ranger

Rob Liefeld inked a deal to bring his Extreme Universe characters to the big screen. Youngblood, Supreme, and Glory aren't included, however.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2017, 11:48 PM   #84
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Some interesting news regarding an ASM Epic Collection coming out. Amongst the reprints in the edition (The end of the Hobgoblin Saga, Spider-Man vs Wolverine, Kraven's Last Hunt) will be the entire Wedding story arc, marking the first time Peter and MJ's marriage has been reprinted since the 90s. Also included in this collection will be the Spectacular Spider-Man annual that served as the follow up (Peter and MJ's honeymoon), which has never seen reprint before.

The first trade of Conway and Stegman's RYV is scheduled for the same month also, so it's likely to tie into that, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was something else going on.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spide...dp/1302907050/

Oh, and this tickled me

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; January 4th, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
Cameron Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 06:02 AM   #85
Adara.2
Power Ranger

Annie should go to the MC2 Universe where Peter is alive. Then she'd have an older sister and younger brother.
Old January 5th, 2017, 06:06 AM   #86
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adara.2 View Post
Annie should go to the MC2 Universe where Peter is alive. Then she'd have an older sister and younger brother.
True, while Peter was apparently killed in Spider-Verse, it was left up to interpretation by Mayday's creators whether that was the "real" MC2 or not, or just a similar reality.

It'd probably do more to please the Mayday affected by Spider-Verse that there's at least a reality out there where both her parents are healthy and happy with another kid.

Apparently the upcoming PS4 Spider-Man game will feature a married Peter Parker with a young daughter who becomes a target of the Green Goblin. It does not specifically mention if the daughter is Mayday or Annie, or if the wife and mother is MJ or Gwen. Also, this came from IMDB (and the synopsis was swiftly removed), so take this with a grain of salt

http://www.comicsbeat.com/did-imdb-l...xclusive-game/

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; January 5th, 2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old January 5th, 2017, 08:08 AM   #87
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

The mother should be MJ, because Peter with Gwen would have a son instead (as seen in House of M).
Digifiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #88
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Champions #4 was great. I really do like how, for the most part, the first four issues have been more along the lines of done-in-ones rather than being a single arc for a trade like I'm accustomed to.
Quantum Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 01:31 PM   #89
⚡McAster
I engage in motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
The mother should be MJ, because Peter with Gwen would have a son instead (as seen in House of M).
That doesn't really mean anything. There is a universe where a Peter and Gwen married and have a daughter, and obviously a universe where a Peter and MJ have a son.
Different versions, different universes, can do whatever they want. Hell, the mother could be Betty Brant or Glory Grant or Liz Allen or Sophia Sanduval (aka Chat) or unknown woman of African heritage, unknown Luchadora, or an alien woman (possibly kree) or unknown mutant or any of the others that have already existed and future ones people want to come up with.

Basically, nothing is locked down in regards to this because it's fully it's own universe Insomniac is creating. Sure still most likely Mary Jane just because that's the "iconic" and standard choice of love interest, but just like Superman and Lois Lane, not ever version of the romance and family has to be that.
McAster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 01:36 PM   #90
Miraculous Bikkun
俺はここにいる!!

Hell, look at X-Men. How many kids do Scott and Jean have in the multiverse?
Miraculous Bikkun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 01:39 PM   #91
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Two, isn't it? Cable and Rachel?
Old January 5th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #92
⚡McAster
I engage in motion

Well Cable in almost every version is the son of Scott Summers and Madelyn Pryor, while Nate Grey (X-Man) is the son of Jean Grey and Scott. At least a dozen different versions of each X-Man out there.

Rachel Summers of Days of Future's Past that came to 616. Then at least four other Rachel Summers/Grey that I can think of in various Days of Future's Past worlds like Bishop's or the one where a Rachel has a child with Franklin Richards.

That son from "What If Professor X was the Juggernaut".
Son from a future where 90s X-Men were successful in Xavier's dream.
Son and daughter from 1960s X-Men world. I'm still waiting on an "X-Men Family" of that one.
Several different ones named Charles Summers, various What Ifs and possible futures.
A shape shifter one that could be male or female (or both).
Then the ones named after either Scott or Jean's parents.
One named after Logan after he went feral after the whole metal ripped from skeleton.

That's all the ones I can think of just for Scott and Jean in the multiverse. Plenty more children from Scott and Madelyne or Emma Frost or Storm or Selena or Frenzy or Rogue or various one offs where Jean Grey never existed or no one was a mutant and he married a local Alaskan girl. Then from different Jeans you have children with Logan (oh so many), Beast, Havok, Apocalypse (don't ask), random guy she met in New York college, Peter Parker (not a Spider-Man), and various aliens in universes where she was always Phoenix and there was no Phoenix body clone like 616.

That's not even going into the technical children, but actual clones, like Stryfe.
McAster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 02:14 PM   #93
ilikepiex7
Power Ranger

Wolverine has a bunch of kids too but only Draken and his daughter/clone Laura (x23 and now the new wolverine) are important
ilikepiex7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 02:48 PM   #94
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

CBR's top ten books of 2016

http://www.cbr.com/cbr-top-100-comics-of-2016-10-1/

Apparently the only Spider-Book to make it into the top twenty was Spider-Woman by Dennis Hopeless
Old January 5th, 2017, 03:11 PM   #95
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

It's a shame the sales don't reflect that, as it looks like Jess's March issue is her last.
Old January 5th, 2017, 03:21 PM   #96
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Note to self: Pick up the trades of Tom King's run on Vision.

I didn't read it myself but have heard great things about it, and there was one line in Champions #4 by Viv in there really makes me curious what the heck happened to her and her family.
Quantum Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 03:51 PM   #97
Adara.2
Power Ranger

About time we had more material with married Spider-Man outside of comics.
Old January 5th, 2017, 04:41 PM   #98
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Nick Fury ongoing announced!
http://www.newsarama.com/32627-nick-...w-ongoing.html
Old January 5th, 2017, 07:51 PM   #99
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAster View Post

That son from "What If Professor X was the Juggernaut". .
That sounds like an interesting story. When was that done?
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 08:56 PM   #100
TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Wolf View Post
Note to self: Pick up the trades of Tom King's run on Vision.

I didn't read it myself but have heard great things about it, and there was one line in Champions #4 by Viv in there really makes me curious what the heck happened to her and her family.
I know what line you are referring to. Definitely a great comic
TyrannoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote