RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old November 14th, 2016, 08:07 PM   #81
kc16
The Beast

Finally the Knicks are back in the win column. Back at home at MSG, the Knicks were able to slow down the Mavs in a blowout win. Despite the slow start in the first half, great to see second half adjustments defensively which helped us really pull away. Porzingis, Melo and Justin Holiday helped lead the way tonight, specifically in the second half.
kc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 03:47 AM   #82
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

How many times will the Clippers blowout their opponents this season? They are now 10-1 with probably 3 of those games being considered "close" or competitive. This is also means they are the currently the top team in the West. Will it stay that way though?

I won't talk much about the other games on Monday. Some were blowouts, some were really low scoring games and some were well, boring. Unibrow got his team their 2nd win of the season defeating the Celtics. The Thunder got blown out in Detroit and allowed Aaron Baynes to have a nice game on them. And yeah the Knicks beat the Mavericks to pretty much show the world that it's time for the Mavericks to rebuild. The Mavericks are going through the same exact thing the Lakers had with Kobe the last few years. They are clinging onto that hope that they can build a winning team with their franchise star. Problem is, he's old now and you need to figure out who to build around next. At least Dallas fans can root for the Cowboys again.
chronoxiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 06:43 AM   #83
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

the downward spiral continued last night with the Thunder losing to the Pistons. that doesn't seem right... ah well, maybe they can bounce back against the Rockets on Weds.
Cancer0081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 03:56 AM   #84
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

So how about them high scoring games on Tuesday night? The Cavs/Raptors had one exciting game that went to the wire. Lebron almost had a triple double while it was Channing Fyre who had one of his on fire shooting nights to help make the difference. Demar Derozan continues to score over 30 points.

Kemba Walker has stepped up big time to help his team go off to a fast start too. They defeated the TWovles and ever since the Rubio came back, the TWolves have become more exciting to watch. The most shocking game of the night goes to the Bulls slaughtering the Blazers in Portland. Where did that come from? The Bulls starting frontcourt all notched 10 rebounds or more.
Old November 16th, 2016, 06:11 AM   #85
kc16
The Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoxiong View Post
The most shocking game of the night goes to the Bulls slaughtering the Blazers in Portland. Where did that come from? The Bulls starting frontcourt all notched 10 rebounds or more.
Indeed. Unfortunate thing is the time I decide to play the $3 games in DraftKings, thinking the game would be close, Portland decides to be a no show. *Cough, cough, CJ and Lillard, cough, cough!*

At least the Lakers won. D'Angelo Russell had his best game of the season thus far with 32 points, 17 coming in the first.
Old November 16th, 2016, 07:09 AM   #86
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

My team really can't seem to win.
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 03:52 AM   #87
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc16 View Post
Indeed. Unfortunate thing is the time I decide to play the $3 games in DraftKings, thinking the game would be close, Portland decides to be a no show. *Cough, cough, CJ and Lillard, cough, cough!*
There's been a lot of unpredictable mess to figure out lately. It's been frustrating and leading to a lot of people with lesser bankrolls like I'm going through right now.

The Kings got whooped by the Spurs at their new arena and don't let the final score fool you. It wasn't close. Popovich yanked his starters with less than 3 minutes left while Joerger left most of his starters in. The Kings rallied hard to try to tie it up but the Spurs bench held on and closed it out. Boogie racked up tons of garbage time stats in this stretch which helped his fantasy owners out.

Lots of other crazy action on Wednesday night. The Cavs rested Lebron and lost to the Pacers. The Warriors went into Toronto and lead most of the way. The Raptors tried to rally but couldn't get the win. Lol at the Wizards. Man they are bad. So bad they were down by 22 points in the 2nd quarter to the Sixers. Of course you have to rally which they did but the Sixers closed it out to win their 2nd game of the season. Face it Wizards, rebuild. Another team that fought to keep their lead were the Grizzlies/Clippers. The Grizzlies lead most of the way with the Clippers trying to catch up and eventually lead by a point or two. But when Marc Gasol decides he wants to shoot from the 3-point range and makes them, what can you can do? Mike Conley has now dominated CP3 in two head to head matches so far.
Old November 17th, 2016, 05:13 AM   #88
kc16
The Beast

Marc Gasol was a beast last night in the Grizz vs Clippers matchup. I'm sure he wanted to let everyone know he is still one of if not the best center in the league when healthy. It's always a joy watching these two teams square off. It was definitely chippy especially in the second half. Good thing the Grizz pulled off the win and your right chronoxiong, Conley has had the better of Chris Paul lately.

Good to see the Knicks win again, Porzingis impresses every time he is on the floor. Dallas loses again this time to the Celtics, at least Harrison Barnes is playing well, good investment by the Mavs on that pickup. Lastly Westbrook and Oladipo help lead the way against the Rockets. I knew I should have picked Oladipo in DraftKings last night, hopefully he can continue playing aggressively like he did last night. He is the key factor to helping the Thunder become consistently successful this season.
Old November 17th, 2016, 11:35 AM   #89
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

nice win against the Rockets for the Thunder last night. another close game and Harden seemed off which might of made a difference. Oladipo really helped big time last night scoring more than other Thunder players not named Westbrook or Durant usually do. hopefully they can keep the winning trend going for a few games.
Old November 17th, 2016, 05:28 PM   #90
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

This is my life now.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 09:07 PM   #91
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

I'm a Heat fan and Moonsknight is a Wizards fan, and both of our teams were 2-8 going into tonight, and they both won!!!!!!

Of course Washington didn't really make it easy on themselves by giving up 47 pts to the Knicks in the 4th quarter. But hey, they still won.
Old November 17th, 2016, 10:01 PM   #92
kc16
The Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfanmj94 View Post
Of course Washington didn't really make it easy on themselves by giving up 47 pts to the Knicks in the 4th quarter. But hey, they still won.
And here I thought the Knicks would make an unbelievable comeback to win the game. The fight to get to .500 is real.
Old November 18th, 2016, 03:56 AM   #93
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

Nice win for your team guys! I still think you guys need to rebuild though.

The Sixers were given a rare chance to play on national TV and boy did they stunk up the joint in Minnesota! The game was never close and yet the starters still got to play major minutes as if it was a close. Maybe it's because this was a rare TNT game for them too. Or maybe it's a Tom Thibodeau thing. Thibodeau's former team the Bulls played the other TNT game and won a low scoring game in Utah. Jimmy Butler has risen lately to remind everyone that this is his team. Not Wade nor Rondo's.
Old November 18th, 2016, 11:49 AM   #94
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoxiong View Post
Nice win for your team guys! I still think you guys need to rebuild though.
I don't disagree. But, I'll take any win my team can get right now. It'll only be later on once there's no chance they can make the playoffs when I'll be cool with them losing so they can get a good draft pick.
Old November 19th, 2016, 06:57 AM   #95
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

Westbrook got another triple-double as the Thunder beat the Nets. the Nets were playing good early on, but seemed to slide downhill during the second quarter. five other Thunder players, besides Westbrook, managed to score in double digits during last night's game.
Old November 19th, 2016, 10:15 AM   #96
kc16
The Beast

I wonder if Westbrook and Harden can keep this up, two players averaging a triple double in a season is unbelievable.
Old November 19th, 2016, 12:20 PM   #97
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

The Lakers losing to the Spurs was expected, but at least the score was respectable.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2016, 12:44 AM   #98
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

What a crazy two nights for the Clippers. On Friday night, they dominated and lead the Kings the entire game. But the Kings never gave up and rallied to cut the lead down to 3 before finally losing. Then tonight, they found themselves getting whooped by the Bulls until they had to rally in the 2nd half to take the lead. They shut down the Bulls offense in the 2nd half and eventually won. Blake Griffin has been a beast this season.

How bad are the Phoenix Suns? Very bad. They got whooped by the Sixers as the team trolled a lot of us DFS players for the night. I am sick of this team and think they need to trade Knight or Bledsoe away. How bad are the Dallas Mavericks? Very bad as well. I think they might be the lowest scoring team in the league right now. They are involved in a lot of snoozefest games including the lost to the Magic. Meanwhile the Warriors/Bucks game featured no defense being played that saw lots of guys put up great stats. I continue to hate predicting the Warriors for fantasy.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:29 AM   #99
kc16
The Beast

Always a good night when both the Lakers and Knicks win. Derrick Rose turned back the hands of time as he was instrumental during crunch time against the Blazers last night. He hit the step back jumper to pretty much seal the game in MSG.

The Lakers pulled out a close one as well as they beat OKC 111-109. Nick Young hit the game winning 3 to put the Lakers ahead for good with 5 seconds remaining. Jose Calderon did a good job at the PG yesterday, taking over a hobbled D'Angelo Russell.

Great close wins by both teams, hoping the Lakers keep it up tonight against the Warriors.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:58 AM   #100
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc16 View Post
The Lakers pulled out a close one as well as they beat OKC 111-109. Nick Young hit the game winning 3 to put the Lakers ahead for good with 5 seconds remaining.
When's the last time the Lakers had the same record as the Thunder?

::rides high::
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ben simmons, brandon ingram, joel embiid