Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old January 1st, 2017, 05:53 PM   #41
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSentai View Post
Eternal Youth

~Oh… great… the villain is Poison Ivy… yay?
You're damn right yay.

Quote:
How does Bruce do that ninja vanish?
Well, he's a ninja.

And only ninja are allowed to know how to do that.

Quote:
Perchance to Dream

~The look of pure joy when Bruce Wayne realizes he’s in a world where his parents never died… is almost sad simultaneously.
But that's all he ever wanted. There is no Batman without that single event.

Quote:
Love that even in this alternate reality, Bruce still has his Batman athletic skills.
Well, the whole reason he was able to become Batman was because he always had the physical potential.

Quote:
The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy

~Wormwood, you’re getting paid if you ask no questions on why The Baron wanted the cape and cowl, remember? If you continue to ask, no doubt your pay will be decreased even further than it already is from your first botched attempt.
OCD?

Quote:
So… why did Bruce never get in the habit of wearing a second mask under his usual mask after this?
Do you know how uncomfortable that is?

Quote:
Huh… The Baron took Batman’s advice to leave town. Good for him.
That's how you call tell the greatest villains, sticktoitiveness.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2017, 06:10 PM   #42
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

Quote:

Batman: The Animated Series S2
Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero

Batman: The Animated Series S3
Superman: The Animated Series S1

Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Superman: The Animated Series S2
Batman: The Animated Series S4
Superman: The Animated Series S3

Batman Beyond S1-S2
The Zeta Project S1

Batman Beyond S3
The Zeta Project S2

Batman Beyond S4
Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker

Static Shock S1-S4
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Suicide Squad
By season 2 of Batman: The Animated Series, do you mean the actual season 2, or do you mean by volume 2 of how the dvd release was? Wondered as season 2 starts with "Shadow of the Bat" though there are season 1 episodes that it precedes in production order.
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 04:49 PM   #43
RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Dang it, even when I’m posting my schedule ahead of time, I’m too tired from work over exhaustion to notice my mistakes/details. First, thanks to stealth_ranger for helping me readjust the season order accordingly and second, to Dragonwolf Ranger, I’m mostly watching B:TAS and S:TAS via Amazon Prime so my season/episode order is going off over there. Which means I’m technically in season two which also explains why I put my Mask of the Phantasm review and future movie reviews, aside from RotJ, in a weird place thinking about it… Anyway, here’s the review, lemme get back some more R&R…

Robin’s Reckoning: Part 1

~Did… I mistakenly play an episode of Batman Beyond with that first line of dialogue?

~Exactly how easy is it to get explosives in Gotham, much less dynamite? I mean, almost every villain has easy access to them here!

~I’ll give some props to this nameless thug for using his wrench as an impromptu melee weapon.

~I just now noticed something… these criminals were trying to blow up a construction site… Why destroy something that’s being built unless it’s something you don’t want to be built?

~Ah the deadly… nail gun? What exactly is that guy shooting with?

~Well… that’s a great way to get information from a criminal in danger: exchange information for assistance.

~I’m guessing Bruce sent Dick away also because he didn’t want his ward to see his intense interrogation and Robin’s intense interrogation isn’t as intense as Batman’s.

~Well… I now know why Batman & Robin chose to focus on Bruce and Dick’s relationship issues and why The Lego Batman Movie is soon doing the same.

~Really love that Batman has a button solely to access his files for his Bat Computer.

~Wait a minute… Sid the Squid? As in the man who would later supposedly kill Batman Sid the Squid? Well… damn… that’s some weird recursive continuity there…

~Backstory time!

~Curious question… but are there any other nicknames for Robin other than Boy Wonder?

~”Insurance”… from “accidents”… Right…

~Huh… according to Amazon Prime Dick was age 10, instead of age 12 when he was first brought on by Bruce to become Robin. Sorry Frankie boy, but your other meme has now been discredited.

~Let’s have the adults ignore the highly suspicious person and have young Dick be the only one who’s somewhat wary and cautious.

~Damn… it’s the lack of any general sound effects and just the visuals alone that make the Grayson parents deaths even more jaw dropping to the circus audience and the at home audience.

~A little odd to see younger Jim Gordon… but it’s very much appreciated to see that younger Harvey Bullock is indeed in continuity with Mask of the Phantasm.

~And thus, because of his own tragic past, Bruce Wayne take Dick Grayson under his care.

~Flash forward to the present and we see that Dick is pissed to not get revenge…

~I guess criminals are technically the most “influential” people amongst Gotham both in past and present…

~Well… give flashback Bruce some credit that his disguise is very good, but like the Doctor, he could use a better alias.

~Wait… Stromwell… why does that name sound familiar… *looks it up* Oh yeah, it’s that one mob guy with the trippy flashback and priest brother. Gotta love continuity.

~Well… it isn’t you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry, but I guess you wouldn’t like me when I’m grumpy works just as well for interrogations…

~Okay… trying to run over Batman was definitely not one of Zucco’s smarter moments…

~It’s very complicated to discern what Bruce and Dick needed the most after their parents died: a friend, a guardian, vengeance…

~”I forget how big and lonely this place can be.” You definitely won’t forget that later on in your life Bruce…

~Dang… all the feels…

~Wait… half his life? Does that mean that Dick is around 20 at this point in time?

~Rebellion…

Robin’s Reckoning: Part 2

~Last time: Dick Grayson’s origins and reasons for going after the man who caused his parents deaths as well as his relationship between Bruce Wayne and Batman. Coming up, most likely more backstory, more relationship building, and some closure for Dick on his past.

~I guess it makes sense for the Bat Vehicles to have tracking signals just in case they somehow get hijacked…

~As someone who actually took some fencing lessons in middle school, this training session is someone accurate to my own lessons. Of course, it HAS been a while…

~Ah the ol’ maybe last chance to nab the criminal before they skip town plot.

~Ol’ fashioned have you seen this person detective work.

~Hey, not a half bad first try for taking out a random mugger for age 10 Dick.

~I’d complain that there are like a whole bunch of condemned/abandoned building in Gotham… but with the way progress and construction goes in real life… it’s starting to become fairly realistic.

~Okay… a bad idea on Dick’s part to go searching for Zucco in mostly casual wear… if only had some sort of disguise…

~Dick Grayson meets Batman… and then proceeds to punch Zucco. Well… at least he had his priorities straight?

~Also bad idea on Dick’s part to not be more prepared if and when he found Zucco.

~Dramatic reveal!

~Well… Dick was right in that Bruce taught him to be more prepared to say the least.

~That was very plot convenient…

~Zucco has become more crazy paranoid over the years judging from his crazy eyes and over-the-top reactions.

~Being paranoid had its advantages and disadvantages, I suppose…

~Batman: master of impromptu first aid!

~That daredevil stunt was mostly unnecessary… but it was cool to see nonetheless.

~Can’t help but laugh at the back and forth of Batman fighting Zucco and his mooks while injured juxtaposed with Robin doing daredevil stunts on his way to get his revenge.

~Gotta love that dramatic timing for when Robin comes in.

~Ouch… that brief speech was enough to bring back Dick to reality.

~With the revelation that Bruce does indeed have a heart, the walk back home as the sun slowly rises.
RangerSentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #44
Ankh Primo

Quote:
Robin’s Reckoning: Part 1

~Exactly how easy is it to get explosives in Gotham, much less dynamite? I mean, almost every villain has easy access to them here!
The black market RUNS Gotham, man.

Quote:
I’ll give some props to this nameless thug for using his wrench as an impromptu melee weapon.
That's like Batman '66 101.

Quote:
I just now noticed something… these criminals were trying to blow up a construction site… Why destroy something that’s being built unless it’s something you don’t want to be built?
Exactly.

Quote:
Robin’s Reckoning: Part 2

~That daredevil stunt was mostly unnecessary… but it was cool to see nonetheless.
As is the entire reason of doing daredevil stunts in TV shows.
Old January 7th, 2017, 10:38 AM   #45
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

Quote:
Dang it, even when I’m posting my schedule ahead of time, I’m too tired from work over exhaustion to notice my mistakes/details. First, thanks to stealth_ranger for helping me readjust the season order accordingly and second, to Dragonwolf Ranger, I’m mostly watching B:TAS and S:TAS via Amazon Prime so my season/episode order is going off over there. Which means I’m technically in season two which also explains why I put my Mask of the Phantasm review and future movie reviews, aside from RotJ, in a weird place thinking about it… Anyway, here’s the review, lemme get back some more R&R…
Ok. Sounds like they're going by how the dvd volumes were. When you get to Superman, Vol 1 had the first season and a few eps of season 2 which was longer than seasons 1 and 3. Season 2 ends with "Little Girl Lost". And The new Batman Adventures (which was vol 4 of the dvds, but technically seasons 5 and 6 of BTAS) "Girls Night Out" comes after "Little Girl Lost"
Old January 17th, 2017, 03:01 PM   #46
RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Current status on new job: Place still in development hell. Will probably start training around late February/early March and have resignation letter for current job ready to be printed.

Current status on B:TAS reviews: Finally caught up after the madness that is my work schedule.

The Laughing Fish

~Ah, the cliché “It was a dark and stormy night.” intro.

~Joker-faced fish…yeah, no one in Gotham is gonna want to eat that.

~I honestly never performed a dissection during any of my science classes in any school.

~Actually, Joker’s schemes do have some sort of forward planning as we’ll see later on, but basically put, if one of his current schemes fail, he can sort of reuse and recycle bits and pieces of old schemes to form new ones.

~Hey, a legitimately funny joke from the Joker!

~Huh… so Joker did plan out this odd fish scheme in advance. Considering that B:TAS starts In Medias Res, I’m assuming Joker’s been pretty active for a while now and recycled some other different schemes to form this current scheme.

~Wait… Joker’s scheme with fish that have his face… is profit? A very odd and twisted way to try and make a quick buck, but hey, the Joker himself is very odd and twisted himself.

~I’m pretty sure there’s a difference between fast food and food that resemble people in order to make money.

~So… if Francis doesn’t agree to make Joker’s fishes profitable, he’ll be swimming with them? Again, makes sense in Joker’s P.O.V.

~Like I said near the beginning of this review, no one in Gotham is gonna want to eat the Joker-faced fish, especially if they’re advertised like an early TV commercial.

~Kinda pointless to change the channel if the commercial is going to be aired to every network and every station. Wait… isn’t that also another different scheme along the lines…

~I love the fact that before Batman dramatic revealed himself to the police you can actually see Batman disguised amongst the police guards if you look real closely.

~Holy crap a dramatic plot point!

~You’re really not helping your profit margins that much by threatening people for copyright on fish that have your face on live T.V., Joker.

~Let’s have almost all of the police ignore the wandering cat with the fish in its mouth. Nothing suspicious whatsoever.

~So much for the ol’ bait and switch.

~Geez, Bullock, wait until at least the third guy to be affected by the Joker’s laughing toxin before you go off on your own.

~Huh… Harvey Bullock and Batman had the same idea that maybe the aquarium is where they’ll best find the Joker. For a guy who hates the Caped Crusader so much, he does have his moments where he thinks like him.

~The dangling over a shark tank cliché? Well… this episode is all about sea life, so it is justified…

~Joker does have his moments where his regular logic overrides his Insane Troll Logic.

~Hey, to almost any person living near a large body of water, or in China or Japan, practically any fish is good fish.

~Well… at least having Harley dress up in a fish costume is a better visual image that the Joker dressing up as Prince Eric.

~Did Batman remember to turn on the autopilot for the Batmobile?

~Really hope Batman brought his Bat Shark Repellant for this caper just in case.

~You’re probably going to make as much profit in trying to shill Joker beef as you did with Joker fish, Mr. J. That is none.

~Amazing how Joker can be all sorts of villains: cartoony, Bond, mastermind.

~Geez Batman, Aquaman hasn’t been properly introduced yet. Stop trying to outdo him!

~So Jaws will be acting in place of Willy in this scene, I presume?

~The wrench: always a good impromptu weapon.

~Actually Joker, for all your forward planning, you tend to look backwards a lot of the time. Or not at all in this case.

~Ah cheer up Harley, in a few more years you’ll be perfectly well off without Joker’s influence. Just make sure your grandkids don’t get influenced by him as well.

~Anyone in the mood for tofu?

Night of the Ninja

~Odd for Bruce Wayne to invest in cosmetics, but being a multi-millionaire means that you’re invested in things that don’t normally suit your profile, so it’s somewhat justified.

~Not purple smoke!

~Stereotypical ninja using future tech. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

~Ah the classic disarming via shuriken/kunai technique of the shinobi.

~You know, that ninja didn’t have to cut that guard’s flashlight. He/she could’ve just ninja vanished, but nope, had to do a flashy escape.

~Wouldn’t be a ninja episode without a brief training session.

~Sudden flashback?

~I laugh at the fact that all the trainees in this flashback are bald to continue on the stereotypes. Bonus points for the master to be almost bald and have the old teacher/master’s beard.

~Ah the ol’ humility reminder of always someone better. This episode is full of clichés and stereotypes that I can’t help but point almost all of them out.

~Freakin’ demon face tattoo on the rival’s back? How obviously antagonistic can this guy be?

~Yah! Too much of a close up there, Summer.

~Bruce: “Did you trade notes with a Lois Lane of Metropolis, Summer?”

~Another situation where Bruce leaves Dick behind on crime patrol because personal reasons? Well… considering my knowledge of Beyond… it’s later well justified.

~Sensei: “You also practice like any other protagonist in any martial arts plot ever written.”

~Wow… really… all these flashback lines of dialogue are so perfect in any martial arts plot it’s almost comical:

“I lost, I’m not good enough.” “Everyone loses once in a while.” “I want to be the best no matter what.” “Learning defeat is more valuable than achieving victory.”

~What’s essentially a ninja battle under a full moon on top of a rooftop. No weapon for Batman to complete the cliché though ashamedly.

~Okay, now that’s just cheating: ninjas don’t use smoke guns, they use smoke grenades.

~Another cliché: allies helping you out in the nick of time when you say you don’t need their help.

~Hey the ninja is that not Karate Kid-like bully from the flashback from the cut on his back costume revealing his tattoo!

~There is a difference between samurai and ninja… despite what Ninja Storm believes…

~I love that Batman refers to himself as Bruce Wayne while in costume.

~Bruce Wayne… the ultimate Boy Scout…

~So… were parts of this episode originally supposed to be a scrapped episode idea for S:TAS because Summer Gleeson is acting more and more like Lois Lane almost every scene.

~Ah, the ol’ talking about sensitive subjects about a particular person when said person is right behind them cliché. Would be better if Bruce lampshaded it, of course…

~Let’s list off the clichés in this flashback shall we:

*Top student attempts to steal priceless ancient artifact(s)

*Another student happens to be training when theft occurs

*Confrontation over said priceless artifact’s ownership

*Master finds out about the thievery and banishes the head student

*Head student then vows revenge on student who tried to stop them

~Seriously, an Oddjob-like appearance? We went from martial arts clichés to Bond references? What’s next, a Shout Out to The Wizard of Oz?

~Another thing Bruce taught Dick: how to be crazy paranoid.

~Again, like Jervis, you technically ruined your own life, Kyodai.

~Not a common thief, but the best thief? Did… the writers watch every martial arts-related movie and TV episode at the time while writing this cliché-fest?

~An unexpected arrival? I’ll just leave you here conscious a little while longer simply bound while I take “deal” with our guests.

~Kyodai: “This isn’t the movies boy.” It sure feels like that way to Robin and the audience right now…

~Cliché translation: “That’s enough. I have other priorities right now.”

~The delayed reaction slice effect after sheathing your sword? Not sure if that’s a total cliché or not…

~Escape from convenient plot device? Check. Attempting to save the other person(s) who’s also bound? Check. Villain shows up before you all escape? Check. Final hand to hand showdown because villain know he can beat hero easily even without a weapon? Double check.

~Getting rusty and exhausted already, my foe? I can do this all day!

~Bystander: He can’t stand up to you! Villain: I know!

~Villain: Hoh, ready for round 2? Makes my victory that much sweeter! Hero: Enough talk, have at you!

~Hero proclaims that this is indeed over. Villain looks like he’s about to defeat our hero with a decisive move, but actually escape like a coward to fight another day. How many clichés in a row was all of that?

~Did our villain get away? I believe they did. Will they come back? If they do, I can beat them again. Were you concerned you couldn’t beat them? (beat) I couldn’t have beat him without your help. End credits.
Old January 17th, 2017, 04:03 PM   #47
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

I always liked "Night of the Ninja" and its sequel, "Day of the Samurai". Did recently read the comics that inspired "The Laughing Fish". They're good if you never read them.
Old January 17th, 2017, 07:17 PM   #48
Ankh Primo

Quote:
The Laughing Fish

~I love the fact that before Batman dramatic revealed himself to the police you can actually see Batman disguised amongst the police guards if you look real closely.
Congratulations! You've passed the first test to determine if you can be Batman!

Quote:
Huh… Harvey Bullock and Batman had the same idea that maybe the aquarium is where they’ll best find the Joker. For a guy who hates the Caped Crusader so much, he does have his moments where he thinks like him.
He doesn't hate how Batman thinks, he hates Batman for acting without a badge.

Quote:
Well… at least having Harley dress up in a fish costume is a better visual image that the Joker dressing up as Prince Eric.
ANY image of Harley is better than one of Joker.

Or Batman. Or most people.

Quote:
Did Batman remember to turn on the autopilot for the Batmobile?
Much like Batman himself, the Batmobile knows what to do and when to do it.

Quote:
Really hope Batman brought his Bat Shark Repellant for this caper just in case.
This guy gets it.

Quote:
Night of the Ninja

~Odd for Bruce Wayne to invest in cosmetics, but being a multi-millionaire means that you’re invested in things that don’t normally suit your profile, so it’s somewhat justified.
Billionaires are invested in every field. That's WHY they're billionaires.

Quote:
Wouldn’t be a ninja episode without a brief training session.
Damn straight.

Quote:
I laugh at the fact that all the trainees in this flashback are bald to continue on the stereotypes. Bonus points for the master to be almost bald and have the old teacher/master’s beard.
That's not so much a stereotype as it is monk tradition that the Gaijin refused to participate in.

Quote:
There is a difference between samurai and ninja… despite what Ninja Storm believes…
Tell that to Samuraiman.

Quote:
The delayed reaction slice effect after sheathing your sword? Not sure if that’s a total cliché or not…
It is.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:15 PM   #49
RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Cat Scratch Fever

~*insert Ted Nugent here*

~That’s something you don’t normally see in Gotham: a trial with people who aren’t in costume.

~So… if Selina ever becomes Catwoman again, even as a costume for a Halloween party, she auto goes to jail? A little extreme, but then again, this IS Gotham where a lot of criminals are kinda extreme themselves.

~“These modern relationships can be so complicated.” Best understatement ever, Alfred.

~Yeah, yeah, the old saying, “Once a thief, always a thief.”

~Oh no not a missing cat! Anything but a missing cat!

~Plot twist at that fish market: Joker fish are actually now selling like hotcakes.

~Hey it’s the return of the obscure cat whistle!

~Who actually carries around pet food when they don’t have their pet on them? I mean, I kinda get Selina’s logic that Isis would be hungry when she finds her… but it’s a little strange to me that she’s just carrying around cat food just in case.

~Daggett Industries? Well, there’s our real main antagonist of the episode right there.

~I’m… kinda with Selina here, if these aren’t people who work for an animal shelter, I deserve information to know what they’re doing to them.

~Ah the ol’ encagement via trashcan. Never gets old.

~How does one steal stray cats?

~Zootopia’s plot was inspired by a Batman: The Animated Series plot?!?! MIND. BLOWN.

~If there’s one superhero cliché I can live without, it’s definitely the loves my alter-ego and not me one.

~”You won’t see Selina Kyle anywhere near Daggett Labs.” And immediate cut to Catwoman driving to Daggett Labs… …I’d just like to point out that the predictability and clichés of this episode is less fun that the predictability and clichés of the ninja episode.

~Consulting with Lucius Fox.

~*sigh* Well… I now know where this plot is going… and, again, it’s going to be not as fun or entertaining as the ninja episode.

~All chemicals make smoke when they are broken in jars!

~”What’s happening to me?” A lot of clichés, Selina.

~To the… Catcave?

~Even though this plot is kinda boring, I will admit I’m more interested in saving the animals more than saving the environment because Selina’s and Pamela’s methodologies of respecting their own fields are radically different.

~Did… Daggett just borrow a scheme off Jonathan Crane?

~Release the rabid hound!

~Wait… why does the sign for Daggett Labs have a g missing in it? Out of all the things I’m concerned for the most in this episode… and its naming consistency.

~I was starting to wonder why this particular episode was set in winter. Now I know.

~Huh… fast-acting cure.

~I’m not sure how to comment on all of these mostly boring clichés.

~Okay… Batman giving Selina back her cat via a dangling picnic basket is genuinely the best part of this episode.

The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne

~Spoilers: he’s The Question.

~Meeting at a bridge under construction... typical spy stuff.

~Blackmailing law officers? What is this, Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy?

~Man that blackmail video must’ve had some really bad and/or kinky stuff for Judge Vargas to risk her life for it.

~”It can’t be blackmail.” Uh… Gordon… she was paying money for a video from gangsters… sure looked like blackmail to me.

~Daggett again? Figures he’s involved with some sort of way to make some extra dough.

~You can tell by Batman’s voice whether or not he’s speaking sarcastically or OOC.

~Okay, for the purposes of not confusing two characters with similar names for future reviews, I’ll be referring to Hugo Strange as Dr. Strange or Hugo, in case the OTHER Doctor Strange is made mention as reference or Shout Out.

~Superheroes take all their stress out on baddies for future reference’s sake.

~Don’t deny your past, but embrace it… unless you happen to be a superhero.

~It’s debatable whether or not Bruce wanted vengeance for his parents’ death; some people say that he wanted to make sure no one else suffered the same fate as him while others say he wanted criminals who got away serve justice. Either way, it’s Bruce Wayne that’s the more fascinating character more than Batman is because Batman is essentially an alter ego that Bruce has attached his thoughts and feelings the moment his parents died. That’s why while they are technically the same character, they’re both still different enough to be considered different people altogether.

~Okay, this is definitely one of those times when Joker can be both terrifying and hilarious because his answering machine is a perfect example of his character. Speaking of which, how in the world did Hugo get Joker’s phone number? Guy shifts hideouts like every month or so.

~Don’t trust the machines that practically gave away your alter-ego, Bruce.

~Oh dear… I almost think I would’ve preferred a scandalous relationship to Vargas being an accidental child arsonist…

~You would prefer the color green, Harvey, given your past relationship to Pamela.

~”It’s so hard to find good help these days.” No truer words have ever be spoken by Batman’s top rogue.

~So… Bruce’s current plan to record a second visual memory of him not being Batman to fool his rogues that he’s not their greatest foe? A bit risky since it didn’t exactly work out well the first time, but no risk, no reward, I guess.

~How exactly is Bruce going to switch the tapes now that he’s intentionally, I assume, let himself be captured by Hugo and his goons?

~Nope. Not using the Death Note just as planned clip. That’s WAY too easy… and overdramatic.

~Does… Bruce always carry a bobby pin on his shirt? Wait, what am I talking about? He only does it once per week.

~Really nice one-liner there for Harvey, Joker.

~$51,240,685.53 total? Surprised there was no free coupon and/or gift certificate added to the mix.

~O_o

~Oh yeah, Dick Grayson is in this episode too. Thanks for the reminder, Alfred.

~I’m guessing that Bats is still chasing after the rogues and Hugo because he doesn’t want the terrible trio murdering the good doctor after pulling off the best video switch ever.

~Let it be known that Harvey Dent is indeed the King of England now in the DCAU.

~Joker: “I mean, the only way I’ll believe that Bruce Wayne is Batman now is from an actually reliable second source… but who knows how long that will take.”

~Man, you couldn’t have timed that joke any better, Joker.

~And you may have forgotten, Penguin, that you’re up against Batman.

~o_O

~Of course it was Dick doing the best Bruce Wayne impression ever… still kinda Mind Screwy though.

~Bruce/Batman: “I mean the next time I’ll probably take a vacation is when I retire as Batman… but who knows how long that will take.”
Old January 23rd, 2017, 06:06 PM   #50
Ankh Primo

Quote:
Cat Scratch Fever

~Yeah, yeah, the old saying, “Once a thief, always a thief.”
How many Gothamites genuinely change their ways, though?

Quote:
Who actually carries around pet food when they don’t have their pet on them? I mean, I kinda get Selina’s logic that Isis would be hungry when she finds her… but it’s a little strange to me that she’s just carrying around cat food just in case.
She dresses up as a cat.

At that point, additional weird should be considered rational.

Quote:
How does one steal stray cats?
Not all runaways want to belong to somebody. That goes for both humans and animals.

Quote:
”You won’t see Selina Kyle anywhere near Daggett Labs.” And immediate cut to Catwoman driving to Daggett Labs… …I’d just like to point out that the predictability and clichés of this episode is less fun that the predictability and clichés of the ninja episode.
Because everything's better with ninja.

Quote:
The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne

~Spoilers: he’s The Question.
That would have been awesome.

Quote:
Okay, for the purposes of not confusing two characters with similar names for future reviews, I’ll be referring to Hugo Strange as Dr. Strange or Hugo, in case the OTHER Doctor Strange is made mention as reference or Shout Out.
Pretty sure that's a lawsuit.

Quote:
It’s debatable whether or not Bruce wanted vengeance for his parents’ death; some people say that he wanted to make sure no one else suffered the same fate as him while others say he wanted criminals who got away serve justice. Either way, it’s Bruce Wayne that’s the more fascinating character more than Batman is because Batman is essentially an alter ego that Bruce has attached his thoughts and feelings the moment his parents died. That’s why while they are technically the same character, they’re both still different enough to be considered different people altogether.
He wanted both.

Quote:
Oh dear… I almost think I would’ve preferred a scandalous relationship to Vargas being an accidental child arsonist…
As would Vargas.

Quote:
Of course it was Dick doing the best Bruce Wayne impression ever… still kinda Mind Screwy though.
The Mind Screwy part was a human face mask that didn't look like a Teenage Mutant Burn Victim.
Old January 30th, 2017, 02:17 PM   #51
RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Heart of Steel: Part 1

~Well… that totally didn’t look suspicious whatsoever...

~A dramatic automatic suitcase reveal of… two notebooks, a small sketchbook, and a pencil… How… mundane.

~Well… it’s a good thing for our antagonists that the police on guard duty are more focused are Bruce Wayne than the suitcase handle being sentient.

~Uh… did… I mistakenly play an old Doctor Who episode with a robotic spider suitcase?

~Never mind my last statement, this robotic spider suitcase is more suited for the Metal Gear series.

~Does every place Bruce has invested in have some sort of secret passageway he can use to quick change into Batman?

~I… don’t blame the cops for not noticing the sentient suitcase because… well, it’s probably the last thing they expected to find stealing stuff that night.

~Freaking sleeping smoke? Who built this suitcase? Professor Hamilton?

~Never thought I’d see the day where Batman had trouble with a suitcase.

~That’s definitely one way to make sure your luggage stays with you when flying at least…

~Again… does every place Bruce has invested in have some sort of secret storage where he keeps all his Bat supplies because he has the freaking Bat Glider in a storage unit on the top floor of his own company building. I know Bruce is supposed to be Crazy Prepared, but not ALL the time.

~For all the ridiculousness this episode has thrown at me thus far, I do appreciate the little detail of not showing the front of this mysterious woman who’s started the plot.

~A car that isn’t the Batmobile that has its own built in defense system? What is this now, the MCU?

~Bruce/Batman: “After this caper is over, I’m going to work on the ultimate Batsuit’s schematics ASAP.”

~So… Wayne Enterprises was essentially working on the prototypes for what would eventually become Zeta, and our antagonists du jour want them because their tech is also super advanced? Makes sense to me.

~The loss of a daughter… and stolen A.I. computer technology… I think I see where this is going…

~Hey Barbara!

~Never thought I’d see the day where Jim Gordon would blush over his daughter’s old beaten down teddy bear.

~And here I thought I wouldn’t use this clip until I reviewed Beyond:

~Okay… I’m saying this as someone who lives in Seattle, birthplace of Starbucks… that is definitely, without a doubt, the most ridiculous cappuccino machine I have ever seen, real or fiction.

~Uh… this is B:TAS right and not Batman Beyond?

~Why do I get the feeling that Professor Ivo had some help in making H.A.R.D.A.C. and used some of its tech to help make A.M.A.Z.O.?

~I haven’t seen any Robocop or Terminator movies… and I still get a Robocop and Terminator vibe from this plot.

~Let’s just preemptively add Randa Duane to the list of Bruce’s failed romances, shall we?

~Add some Frankenstein and 2001 references to H.A.R.D.A.C.

~Uh-oh…

~Great… now we’ve got a quasi-Invasion of the Body Snatchers plot too!

~I just realized now that Bruce has a hot date with a cold emotionless robot.

~Some of these robots need more tinkering with apparently.

~A sentient women’s portable beauty case… This two-parter officially started getting surreal…

~I’d like to hear about that story where the inspiration of a dishwasher transforming into a jacuzzi came from.

~I’ll definitely admit… I didn’t see robot Randa suddenly tazing Aflred out of the blue like that.

~Oh dear… robo-Randa found the Batcave with super specs…

~Well… that’s definitely one way to cliffhang an episode…

Heart of Steel: Part 2

~Last time: Batman encounters Barbara Gordon for the first time in a long time along with a potential robot uprising. Coming up, the Dark Knight fights against his own tech and possibly a robot duplicate of himself.

~Pulling the wires out: an old but good staple of what to do when tech goes awry.

~Being randomly tazed out of the blue will cause some sort of memory lapse, so no blaming the loyal butler for getting sneak attacked.

~Yeah… the human Randa would definitely make a mistake, but robo-Randa… kinda doubtful…

~Harvey Bullock interacting with robo-Jim… this’ll be interesting…

~So many sci-fi clichés and tropes now in play here…

~Oh dear… Mayor Hill too…

~You’re definitely not crazy, Barbara, you’re just using logic and reasonable deductions. Which makes you very suitable as Batgirl later on and as the future Commissioner MUCH later on.

~Uh… did Harvey Bullock also get replaced with a robot duplicate with how much of a good fight he’s putting up against Batman?

~That… answers my question… and yet raises more…

~Now is not yet the time for Barbara Gordon to become Batgirl… I think…

~How much of Gotham has been replaced with robot duplicates at this point? Are the villains also replaced with robot duplicates? If so, I’d love to see robo-Joker.

~More Terminator vibes!

~I’m ignoring how Bruce quick changed for once to point out how eerily creepy these robots are now.

~Barbara is still taking action, costume or not!

~Robo trash can… this is taking Transformers to a whole new level…

~Yup… the plot went where I thought it was going… still unnerving as hell to see though…

~Robo-Jim Gordon spider and a semi-robo Two-Face played by robo-Randa… so much Nightmare Fuel in this two-parter…

~All robots need a visible off switch in case of an uprising, let’s be honest.

~Give Barbara all of the credits for any and all of her computer-related classes.

~Really hope that H.A.R.D.A.C. didn’t make backup copies of himself now…

~Foreshadowing…
Old January 30th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #52
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

Quote:

~Okay… I’m saying this as someone who lives in Seattle, birthplace of Starbucks… that is definitely, without a doubt, the most ridiculous cappuccino machine I have ever seen, real or fiction.
You live in Seattle? How come we haven't met yet?

Will say, while rewatching those episodes I wondered what happened to the real Randa, or was there one to begin with? Also recall back in 92 I believe "Soul of Silicon" premiered within the same week as these episodes though it comes along much, much later in production order.

And while I never saw the movie itself, I heard that Karl Rossum's actor was in "Blade Runner" and he was kinda based off said character in that movie.
Old January 30th, 2017, 06:54 PM   #53
Ankh Primo

Quote:
Heart of Steel: Part 1

~Again… does every place Bruce has invested in have some sort of secret storage where he keeps all his Bat supplies because he has the freaking Bat Glider in a storage unit on the top floor of his own company building. I know Bruce is supposed to be Crazy Prepared, but not ALL the time.
...Why not?

Quote:
Heart of Steel: Part 2

~Pulling the wires out: an old but good staple of what to do when tech goes awry.
Well, you'd be pretty stupid not to rip guts out when given the chance.
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:30 AM   #54
RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwolf Ranger View Post
You live in Seattle? How come we haven't met yet?
Search me. Anyways, this will be the last two episode review for a while.

If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?

~Hey, it’s the proper introduction to the actual Riddler and not Riddler-lite.

~That is one mazy-looking office floor.

~Best way to introduce Edward Nygma to the 90’s audience: have him do a crossword puzzle. Simple, but effective.

~You gotta respect unsubtle names for villains.

~Did… I accidentally play a video of modern Konami’s policies regarding game development?

~To answer the Title Drop, just because you have high intelligence doesn’t mean you can always make money off that intelligence. Sure, there have been many famous intelligent people in history, but they’ve never really made a whole lot of money because they are smart. Most of those people are now remembered because of their contributions to society because of their intellect… but the way this smug not Konami businessman is asking the Title Drop makes me side with Edward with his unfair firing.

~Bruce being benevolent as always.

~Some riddles do have double meanings behind them.

~I thought THE computer game was World of Warcraft…

~Lots of double meanings in this plot conversation.

~When did Edward Nygma become an amateur magician?

~It’s not just a dramatic entrance through breaking through a rooftop window for the Dynamic Duo, but the window is also stained glass patterned!

~Let’s be honest Bats, most villains have a double meaning behind their real names and villain names.

~Let’s turn the fight scene into a semi-disco to add to the visual aesthetic.

~Hey, Nygma had a double use for that rotating candelabra… makes sense given what this episode is all about.

~Save the sidekick or save the unlikable not Konami guy. In this case, Take a Third Option: both.

~And Robin is late to the punchline… because he was too busy playing the game.

~Uh… how can you tell that’s Morse Code from just flashing lights, Bats?

~Random henchman makes a point that Nygma can just plain have his petty revenge, but Nygma wants to make sure that his vengeance is properly uninterrupted.

~These riddles… are kinda obscure, not gonna lie.

~Ow… ow… I actually facepalmed myself with that double meaning pun… (Really bad puns: 4)

~Why exactly 4:30 A.M., Ngyma? Have you also spent time with Fugate like Daggett?

~Took me until just now where I recognized most of this episode from… hi T.I.B.A. finalist rank #4.

~And now we’re full on in Goblet of Fire’s third task of a maze of deadly obstacles.

~Trust me Bats, some of these puns are actually kinda clever… the others are actually painful.

~No one’s actually beaten the game yet? Geez… it almost IS DCAU’s equivalent to World of Warcraft…

~Batman doesn’t know a foreign language off the bat? What madness is this?

~I kinda wonder if Doctor Fate has actually played this Riddle of the Minotaur game now…

~Again, a lot of these riddles are kinda obscure… clever, but obscure.

~So… many… double meanings…

~Only Batman can solve a brain teaser about the brain in less than a minute.

~Geez… at least take your loss with some dignity, Nygma.

~That’s not a proper riddle and you know it, Batman.

~Give Nygma some props for forward thinking his escape plan.

~In the end: what is gained from loss and lost from gain?

The Joker's Wild

~And aces are high…

~Starting off at Arkham… which means security is going to be lax, isn’t it?

~Very nice details with the Arkham inmates being their natural selves with Mad Hatter playing chess with what looks to be an unmasked Crane, Ivy watching a show about gardening and caressing a nearby plant, and Joker being brought in whistling the Looney Tunes theme.

~Ah yes, this is still the 90’s where if someone immediately changes the channel, it’s the worst thing in the entire world.

~Plot-relevant news, for your every bit of information on the bigger details on what’s about to happen later. And now the weather.

~Yeah… I’m with Bruce… no comment on this tacky display if I were him too.

~You know… if I were the Joker and I saw that a casino had my face and name on it somewhere as promotional material, as well as its own Harley Quinn… I’d be pretty pissed too.

~Seriously, Mark Hamill is the best Joker, hand down.

~Ivy, you may be a villain with weak ass motivations, but I give you credit for openly mocking the Joker.

~An Arkham guard seriously can’t detect a clearly obvious fake illness from the Joker… Who hires for this place again?

~Okay, never mind, the guard knew that the Joker was hamming his fake illness and was just playing along because… kicks?

~Joker’s escape from Arkham was about as in-character as he can be given the plot.

~So, the Joker-themed casino is a front for something else entirely? Makes sense given that people use Joker to hide something else involving him as we’ll see later on.

~Mixing Arthurian legend with clowns… well, court jesters were a thing in the medieval ages…

~No need for Batman to fight random nameless henchmen once he’s learned all that he needs to know.

~Or you could, you know, ask to sue for profits with something that clearly has your face and name on it like with your failed seafood scam, Joker. No need to immediately go for terrorism.

~Joker would be a great Yu-Gi-Oh! player, just sayin’.

~You just know that once Cameron Kaiser sees the actual Joker is a dealer in his casino, he’s thinking, “All according to plan.”

~Bruce Wayne meets the Joker… This should be good.

~*slow claps* Perfect confrontation. Absolutely beautiful.

~Okay… I’m officially calling shenanigans because Bruce just finished playing Blackjack with the Joker just moments ago. How could he mistake an employee dressed as the Joker with the actual one? Did Joker switch tables at the last minute?

~I swore for a moment that the sign Joker threw away from the on display Jokermobile was in bad Engrish and sure enough, via Amazon Prime and pausing, that is indeed the case. I’d love to “Wan the crin gnal Jokernocile”.

~Joker must have really good insurance if he’s willing to blow up his first car.

~Where in the hell were those explosives stored? I’d ask why, but earlier it was shown that Cameron Kaiser made this place as accurate as possible to the Joker’s taste so that question is out the window.

~Ah, the ol’ insurance fraud scheme. So, this is what this whole plot was about.

~I’m guessing Bruce must’ve made sure his ultimate suit electric-proof after this caper.

~One of these day, Bruce, you just know that appealing too much to Joker’s ego will cause someone who’s very close to you to get severely hurt.

~And we’ve officially reached the Adam West Batman deathtrap homage!

~Like I said… appealing too much to Joker’s ego will cause someone who’s very close to you to get severely hurt. Be lucky this time it’s someone who’s getting his just desserts this time, Bruce.

~”Why can’t he ever stay dead?’ Because he’s Batman, Joker.

~Really need to get that ultimate suit out sooner rather than later, Bruce. Don’t keep relying on the Bat-Glider because it’s WAY too easily damaged at this point.

~I just now realized that the climax of this episode is Joker and Batman fighting in an in-flight helicopter. I freaking love this series.

~And we end with some very appropriate Book Ends to the beginning of the episode.
Old February 6th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #55
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

Quote:
Search me. Anyways, this will be the last two episode review for a while.
If you hit Sakuracon or Emerald City, I'll be there.

Always did enjoy both those episodes though. Will say I was surprised later when I learned Riddler was Lionel Luthor from "Smallville" and the doctor from "Batman & Robin".
Old February 9th, 2017, 06:06 PM   #56
Ankh Primo

Quote:
If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?

~You gotta respect unsubtle names for villains.
No, you don't and I never did.

I kept waiting for the proof he changed his name.

Quote:
To answer the Title Drop, just because you have high intelligence doesn’t mean you can always make money off that intelligence. Sure, there have been many famous intelligent people in history, but they’ve never really made a whole lot of money because they are smart. Most of those people are now remembered because of their contributions to society because of their intellect… but the way this smug not Konami businessman is asking the Title Drop makes me side with Edward with his unfair firing.
The smug one was Nygma, that's why he was asked the question.

Never exalt your intelligence over someone else.

Quote:
These riddles… are kinda obscure, not gonna lie.
If they weren't, people would just remember the answers.

Quote:
The Joker's Wild

~Joker would be a great Yu-Gi-Oh! player, just sayin’.
The Jester archetype could use some updating.

We even got Yeager in ARC-V and couldn't squeeze out one new card!
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:21 AM   #57
RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Saw The LEGO Batman Movie today... definitely considering adding it to the final movie list after watching Suicide Squad to not end my perspective on a sour note.

Tyger, Tyger

~Uh… Selina… you’re, presumably, in a zoo/wildlife preserve… this is arguably the best place for a tamed tiger to be in…

~Welp… Selina’s screwed in more ways than one and so’s that security guard…

~So… Bruce and Selina are seeing each other as mutual partners or as romantic interests? Either way, it makes for interesting character dynamic later on in the future of the DCAU.

~The police didn’t notice the tranq dart that got Selina, but Bruce did? I’m not sure anymore if Gotham P.D. needs to get better patrol officers since they’ve varied in quality these past couple episodes…

~Apparently, Selina woke up in The Island of Doctor Moreau.

~Yup… definitely Island of Doctor Moreau…

~Ladies and gentlemen, we have the rejected script for the live-action Catwoman movie right here.

~Best person to talk to about humanoid animals: the antagonist of the very first episode, Dr. Langstrom.

~Dorian owns an island where he does all his genetics work… like with Doctor Moreau… to quote Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged: “Seriously, you must watch that movie religiously.”

~Did… Dorian make a cat owl hybrid? That’s just weird…

~I kinda feel bad for Garth for just trying to do his job now…

~“You shall see your Catwoman as you’ve never seen her before.” Please don’t show me the live-action Catwoman movie, Dorian…

~You know… Selina doesn’t look too bad in her new cat form. It’s a crime against nature and genetics, sure, but some kudos for Dorian for making her still look beautiful.

~Batman smash!

~Tygrus guest starring as Shadow the Hedgehog.

~I’m afraid I’m not familiar with the works of William Blake… apologies…

~I know there’s an allegory here somewhere regarding a specific community…

~Ah, the classic “play by my rules” scenario… a tricky one to get right.

~Smoke bombs didn’t work for once… try something else from that utility belt then Bats.

~How is it that the gorilla man is smarter than his scientist creator in this one case?

~Somehow… this is still a better love story than Twlight.

~Cat… lemur?

~You know… I’ve been replaying Bravely Second recently… and I’m genuinely disappointed in the lack of cat puns this episode is providing me with compared to Second.

~Another tangent… Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island had scarier cat people and situations than this episode does. Not to mention a better crafted plot.

~Really? An Empire Strikes Back reference? Well, give Selina some credit for going with the best of the best.

~And adding to the Star Wars references we have Frankenstein references of creation and not going against creators.

~And there goes the Death Star, I mean, Doctor Dorian’s castle lab.

~Despite all the crap I’ve given this episode…. That was actually a pretty damn good ending.

Moon of the Wolf

~Is that… the same zoo worker from the last episode? I honestly can’t tell.

~First cat people… now werewolves… I almost half expect Vixen to make an early appearance at this point in time…

~Quick vanishing werewolf… There’s going to be an eventual Zootopia reference somewhere, I just know it…

~John Hamner seriously needs to get new work.

~Really Bats? You doubt the existence of werewolves when you quite literally wrestled a cat person off a rope bridge last episode… This is definitely the transition between Batman’s traditional fights and off to the more surreal and stranger ones DC is more known for nowadays.

~Hey, Milo is back from the other Catwoman episode!

~Anthony Romulus? Well, that’s subtle as all get out…

~Bruce/Batman: “Yeah, I’ve been thinking of getting a dog for the mansion once the day comes where you can no longer help me, Alfred. Still don’t have a name for it in mind.”

~Really? Batman showed up for charity? At least it’s in character for Bruce…

~I can never tell half the time if Batman is always Crazy Prepared or not anymore with scenes like this, I swear…

~So… why did Milo not unmask Batman? Is he just satisfied with him getting killed?

~Backstory time via Dr. Milo!

~So… according to flashback Milo… he created what’s essentially werewolf steroids… Makes sense to me!

~It’s easy to see how and why Milo would be picked up by Cadmus later on in the DCAU through this episode alone.

~Milo’s going to cure Romulus’ lycanthropy… by making him into more of a werewolf? I’m… not sure that’s how the process works… but for the sake of the plot, I’ll roll with it.

~If Batman can defeat Dracula in an alternate universe, then I’m pretty sure Batman can defeat a werewolf in this universe.

~Geez, Bullock, too much Bad Cop. Get Montoya to play Good Cop alongside you next time you go on duty.

~”Hey, ask me if I care.” Milo, those words will definitely get you killed later on, trust me.

~This will definitely not be the last time one of Milo’s “creations” would go against him.

~Man, this episode has so much unintentional foreshadowing it’s almost hilarious.

~Deus Ex Bobby Pin!

~So… this is the third episode I’ve seen, give or take, where, essentially, Batman fights off a humanoid creature made possible by a mad scientist… This is going to be a trend, isn’t it?

~I just realized that Batman was using timber to fight off a werewolf… Subtle.

~Really? Even more Star Wars references… and to a movie that wouldn’t be produced yet for a couple more years? Sure, why not.

~Okay… that final battle was really kickass in all the best ways. Not gonna lie.

~And Milo was immediately recruited into Cadmus once he got out of the slammer/hospital. Let’s be honest.

~Ambiguous ending.

Day of the Samurai

~I heard that this was a sequel to Night of the Ninja and I immediately see why because the first scene is of a martial artist practicing through silhouette. Bonus points for adding Chinese lanterns.

~Freakin’ subtitles as well?!?! I’m going to love this episode like I did with Night of the Ninja in all the cheesiest ways.

~Dramatic sunrise over the dojo where the female martial artist was beaten!

~Hey Yoru-sensei is back!

~Fruit Ninja before it became a thing.

~I dunno why, but I love Kyodai Ken’s evil laughter after female martial artist says he’s insane. It’s almost like he’s confirming it to her and himself that he kinda is.

~Private plane to Japan. Makes sense given that it’s Bruce.

~Oh snap, Yoru-sensei knows that Bruce is Batman in a sense! Talk about your wise masters!

~Tea: the best thing for calming your nerves and a good drink to use in Japan that’s not sake because kid’s show.

~Ooh, backstory about martial arts… this should be good.

~Ah, the classic forbidden technique that had to be sealed away because it was too powerful/dangerous. That’s an oldie, but a goodie.

~Let’s see… last of a long line of protectors, and a trade for the forbidden scroll technique… Classics.

~How many people/beings at this point know that Bruce is also Batman, but haven’t revealed it/don’t believe it yet for various reasons? I’ve honestly lost count at this point.

~How is it that an old episode of B:TAS acknowledges the Code of Bushido, but modern Power Rangers doesn’t? I don’t understand this logic…

~The ol’ Mexican standoff before the captured person actually does something.

~Distracted from saving the captured and losing the Macguffin in the process.

~Nothing much to comment on the moment because it’s legitimately entertaining to watch Batman in Japan chase a ninja on rooftops.

~Of course the forbidden technique would be sealed away in a volcano, why wouldn’t it?

~Huh… reality ensues in that the scroll was so old that it actually crumbles into dust.

~But Kyodai does actually get a crucial technique from a part of the scroll.

~Meanwhile, in Japan’s danger watch headquarters…

~Kyodai is literally about to learn the touch of death… why do I get the feeling it’s going to be like the Avada Kedavra curse in that it’s Awesome, but Impractical?

~Not knowing where the fatal strike is because of fear of using the technique themselves which means that any move can be fatal.

~Oh yeah, since Kyodai know that Bruce is also Batman that means he also knows who that the best way to lure Bruce out is through Alfred.

~Pre-final battle lull/banter with those who were previously involved.

~And the final battle is near the volcano where the scroll was originally found. How apropos.

~Batman is both samurai and ninja. Let’s be honest.

~Villain: I want to fight you, unmasked, as yourself and not your alter-ego. Hero: Very well, then let us do this.

~Hero: This was not a good place for a battle! We may all die here! Villain: I do not care, I will die trying to defeat you!

~Time to end this! You’re good, but not good enough!

~The touch of death didn’t work. Who didn’t see that one coming from a mile away?

~The final battle, of course, ends with a life or death situation involving the hero saving the villain, but the villain chooses not to be saved. How poetic.

~Batman: almost always Crazy Prepared.

~Yeah… Yoru-sensei totally knows that Bruce is Batman and Bruce also knows that. They both choose not to reveal their knowledge out of master and student respect.
Old February 14th, 2017, 01:36 AM   #58
Ankh Primo

Quote:
Tyger, Tyger

~Uh… Selina… you’re, presumably, in a zoo/wildlife preserve… this is arguably the best place for a tamed tiger to be in…
No tiger should be tamed.

You are SO the enemy.

Quote:
Did… Dorian make a cat owl hybrid? That’s just weird…
Ten bucks says he named it Cowl.

Quote:
You know… Selina doesn’t look too bad in her new cat form. It’s a crime against nature and genetics, sure, but some kudos for Dorian for making her still look beautiful.
You sick bastard.

Quote:
How is it that the gorilla man is smarter than his scientist creator in this one case?
Because people constantly underestimate gorillas.

#InGroddWeTrust

Quote:
Somehow… this is still a better love story than Twlight.
Name one that isn't.

Quote:
Moon of the Wolf

~Really Bats? You doubt the existence of werewolves when you quite literally wrestled a cat person off a rope bridge last episode… This is definitely the transition between Batman’s traditional fights and off to the more surreal and stranger ones DC is more known for nowadays.
Well, genetics are one thing, but an actual person that transforms during a full moon? That's still hard to believe.

Quote:
So… this is the third episode I’ve seen, give or take, where, essentially, Batman fights off a humanoid creature made possible by a mad scientist… This is going to be a trend, isn’t it?
On the Gotham TV series? Yes, it is.

Quote:
Day of the Samurai

~Hey Yoru-sensei is back!
Indeed.

Quote:
Oh snap, Yoru-sensei knows that Bruce is Batman in a sense! Talk about your wise masters!
You can't teach someone everything they know and then not recognize the style.

Quote:
Tea: the best thing for calming your nerves and a good drink to use in Japan that’s not sake because kid’s show.
Only Japanese businessmen get sloshed, man.

Quote:
Ah, the classic forbidden technique that had to be sealed away because it was too powerful/dangerous. That’s an oldie, but a goodie.
There's always someone who wants to learn self-defense to hurt people.

Quote:
How is it that an old episode of B:TAS acknowledges the Code of Bushido, but modern Power Rangers doesn’t? I don’t understand this logic…
Modern Power Rangers thinks kids are stupid, remember?

Hell, classic Power Rangers thought kids were stupid.

Quote:
Batman is both samurai and ninja. Let’s be honest.
The best ones always were. Like Sarutobi Sasuke-san.
Old February 15th, 2017, 04:04 PM   #59
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

TBH, I forgot about Milo a bit before the Cadmus stuff. Then again, the episodes were about 10 years apart so...

Quote:
~How many people/beings at this point know that Bruce is also Batman, but haven’t revealed it/don’t believe it yet for various reasons? I’ve honestly lost count at this point.
Don't recall if the creators said so, but I think I heard that the old lady in the Kobra two-parter of Batman Beyond is that kidnapped girl in "Day of the Samurai".
Old February 28th, 2017, 02:47 PM   #60
RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Trying to transition between jobs right now. Not easy at all.

Terror in the Sky

~*sees the title card has an airplane and reddish-orange smoke, facepalm immediate*

~Tomatoes: the closest anything vampire-related can have as sustenance that’s not blood.

~Just a quick reminder to people at home that tomatoes are, indeed, technically fruit.

~A dream… or reality for Dr. Langstrom?

~Apparently, it was indeed reality that Kirk Langstrom has inadvertently become Man-Bat once again.

~Also apparently, a proper report wasn’t made on the previous Man-Bat incident since these officers seem to not believe the dock workers for a second.

~I WAS going to ask why the Bat Cycle had spikes on its tires… then I remembered that the current environment is snowy which makes sense why it has them now.

~Almost forgot about Dr. March from On Leather Wings for a moment there.

~Frustrating science work is frustrating.

~Ooh… looks like the harsher repercussions of On Leather Wings aftermath is finally rearing its ugly head.

~Ah, the ol’ scientific method to try and figure out if the antidote really worked.

~Uh… why does Man-Bat have red pants now when last time they were gray and why does Man-Bat now have a furred white collar?

~*obligatory great action sequence comment here*

~At least this time around, Bats has his motorcycle to keep him and Man-Bat grounded down, instead of just randomly flying around the city with Bats thinking up plans for the ultimate flying suit.

~And as soon after I write the previous sentence, I see a train ruin Batman’s plans. How plot convenient!

~More plot convenience!

~No one’s to blame for the past! Time to focus on the present!

~Dang it, March! It’s because of your new formula that Milo will somehow swipe it’s notes from you once he’s out of the slammer/hospital and later give it to Cadmus do they can create Doomsday!

~This is why you don’t dabble in mad science, kiddies: you can unintentionally make your loved ones into horrible abominations.

~Yeah… those notes were probably still written on hard drive or some other digital way and I’m guessing and somehow Milo hacked his way to get the mutagen. That’s my headcanon.

~Oh… the pieces of the puzzle are finally starting to connect with the new Man-Bat’s look now that I see what Francine is wearing.

~A transformation almost Jekyll/Hyde worthy.

~So… an out-of-control human bat creature is wrecking all sorts of crap in a plane… yeah…

~Huh… so even in her Man-Bat state, Francine recognizes her husband falling out of the out-of-control plane. That is true love right there.

~Batman: saves flight attendants and fixes airplane doors with his own Plane.

~This Bat Plane vs Man-Bat flight scenario feels like something the Blue Angels would also do…

~Fourth or so episode… mad scientist… humanoid animal creature… Batman wrestling it… yup, definitely a trend.

~Geez… took long enough for the antidote to work this time around… of course, considering it was a stronger version of the original serum, it makes sense.

~And like the Hulk, Francine is still decent, despite her clothes being mostly torn.

~Yeah… not buying that this is truly over since I still have Beyond to go through…

Almost Got 'Im

~Let’s see what the big freakin’ deal is with this one…

~Huh… for almost an entire minute the entire dialogue and character traits were established via hands. Horikoshi’s inspiration for his most famous manga in its earliest form.

~Batman doesn’t use robots… at least I don’t think he does…

~I instantly like Poison Ivy now.

~Two-Face: “I almost asked Ivy to marry me. Second biggest mistake of my life.”

Killer Croc: “What was the first?”

Two-Face just points at the deformed side of his face. Killer Croc: “Oh. Sorry.”

~Ooh, bragging contest between Luke Skywalker, the King of England, a wannabe Planeteer, a former carnie/wrestler, and a rich aviary buff. This should be good.

~Starting with Ivy: during Halloween, she, somehow, combined pumpkins with actual poison ivy and when lit they would emit poison ivy gas… so her plan was an itchy and uncomfortable All Hallows’ Eve whenever someone made a jack-o-lantern? Considering its Ivy… yeah, I can totally buy that.

~Huh… Ivy actually looks good in black/dark green. She should totally keep that look later on.

~Guess all that plant tampering gave Pamela instant immunity.

~Deus ex Batmobile!

~Ivy: “I would almost get Batman again on Christmas with a plan involving Christmas trees… but changed my mind at the last minute since you already took that holiday against Batman, Joker.” Joker: “Don’t be a humbug, Pam.”

~Up next, Two-Face with a plan involving a lot of twos, as is now natural for him.

~Harvey, you’ve seen Batman escape situations without using his utility belt, I’m pretty sure. He can most likely can escape whatever crazy deathtrap you’ve concocted without his “toys”.

~Extreme coin flip!

~Really OCD about that coin, aren’t ya Harv? The little one, not the giant novelty penny.

~*He tried to get them with a forklift!* (And did!)

~Really need to stop dictating your life via a specific coin chance, Harv. Just sayin’.

~Ah… the infamous Killer Croc story of him just throwing a rock at Batman. Not an underwater battle filled with land mines, not a fight in a sewer armed with rabid gators, not even a battle in a swamp full of acid that he just so happens to be immune to. Just a quarry and a big rock. The looks on the other villains faces in addition to the dead silence clearly show that he could’ve been more creative than that. I know I sure was.

~And now I know the origins of Batman’s giant novelty penny in the Batcave in future DCAU episodes.

~Time for Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot to weave his tale!

~Penguin is one of my favorite all time villains mainly because he can weaponize umbrellas into anything.

~Another reason Penguin is such a good villain in my eyes: he practically does villainy as a hobby for the most part as does it with class.

~Weaponizing birds against Batman? That’ll never work. Maybe a single, well-trained bird… but definitely not multiple!

~Huh… Penguin must’ve read my thoughts in advance… too bad his big bird was thwarted by the smaller one. Maybe next time try Batman’s well-trained bird, Oswald.

~Saving the best for last is Joker… with yet another plan involving live television… he sure does love recycling his ol’ plots, doesn’t he?

~Talk show host-themed deathtrap for Batman? Honestly haven’t seen that one yet from Joker so kudos for originality.

~Joker does ask a legit question: “How’s Robin?” I’m legit curious to know what Dick’s been up to in college.

~An electric chair powered by laughter? Gotta say, when Joker goes for something new and original, he goes all out for it even though he’s still technically recycling part of an older scheme.

~ Deus ex Catwoman!

~Oh yeah, Joker almost always has a backup plan alongside his initial plan. Forgot about that for a moment.

~Plot twist!

~Crazy Prepared incarnate!

~Why do villains always forget heroes can multitask?

~Like Joker said: “There are all sort of ways to ‘get’ someone.” Catwoman almost “got” Batman her own way.

Birds of a Feather

~Seriously, Penguin is probably the classiest villain to the point there’s a Hispanic homage to him in Kim Possible in the form of Señor Senior, Senior.

~Machine gun umbrella! What’s NOT to love about Oswald here?!

~And similar to Joker, Penguin learns from Bats by using his ol’ smoke bomb trick.

~Man, Penguin needs another hobby aside from criminal activity and anything aviation-related if he continues his crimes and makes them bird-themed.

~Welp… Reality Ensues HARD for poor ol’ Oswald.

~So, we’re going for the rich people gone broke angle but from a realistic P.O.V. and from villains’ perspective it looks like…

~Ah… off-screen villainy, good for world building and small talk.

~Joker… yesterday’s news… Joker almost intentionally or unintentionally makes it into the daily news… but for the sake of the plot, and to down his ego, let’s roll with the fact that Penguin is the headliner.

~I guess all of the rogues left once they found out Batman was nearby, heard Penguin reformed for reals this time, or both…

~Batman: ever constant and ever vigilant.

~Yeah… both Oswald and Bats aren’t fooling anyone with the former offering the latter Rat Poison instead of fancy coffee.

~A date offer with a popular lady when I’m at my potential lowest? How can I possibly refuse?

~Veronica Vreeland just summarized part of Penguin’s character, and to an extent all comic villains, with this quote: “You’re such a rogue.”

~Penguin isn’t easily fooled by Veronica’s date offer because of his villainy exploits.

~And with some sweet talk, Penguin does get fooled. Well… love DOES make you do stupid things…

~Penguin: “And by carry out… I do mean their own cash.”

~Uh… are these random thugs new to Gotham to not recognize one of Batman’s rogues… or are they THAT stupid?

~Yup… the thugs are THAT stupid…

~Never bring a pipe to an umbrella fight. …Yes, I do realize that sentence is kinda stupid.

~Um… Bats… didn’t you see Oswald defending Veronica? You didn’t have to immediately tie him up first since he was acting in self-defense, you know…

~See, Batman… that’s what you get for assuming the worst… well… technically this isn’t the worst that can happen for assuming the worst. *cough*PhantomZone*cough*

~Penguin… is actually right: lower thugs to him were hired help at best.

~Batman’s thoughts:

~Hey, the umbrella can so double as a fencing sword if you have no other weapons available snooty rich guy!

~Rich people inviting a reformed Penguin to a party for laughs… yeah… definitely not gonna end well.

~Going to see Pagliacci? Subtle…

~Penguin knows the best way to celebrate fine arts.

~Like Bruce, I honestly don’t see the humor of Penguin trying to be a… eclectic member of high society.

~People, if you’re getting advice from a former criminal, be sure to take them to heart because they knew what they were doing.

~ So what if Penguin isn’t your traditional rich stiff or high class member to Gotham, he’s still a decent person despite his eccentricities.

~”Anything’s possible when love is involved.” No truer words have been spoken, Oswald.

~Ah eavesdropping: the best, and quite possibly laziest, way to gather information.

~I love that Penguin brought a gas/helicopter umbrella on the off chance that maybe, just maybe, that he wasn’t being played as a joke.

~Commissioner Jim Gordon telling snooty rich guy what it is exactly he did wrong.

~There’s always that small catch with ransom.

~Dramatic tension!

~Ah additional vague ransom details after the ransom has been delivered. Haven’t seen that in a while.

~Hard to believe that Penguin cobbled all of this in 24 hours… but since he’s a Batman villain, it’s very plausible.

~Pay literally and figuratively for not giving Penguin his proper respect.

~Make some profit when you lose out on love.

~I’m writing this review after seeing The LEGO Batman Movie where things are over-the-top nonsensical and enjoyable… and B:TAS does a somewhat smaller dose of that with Batman fighting Penguin wearing a Valkyrie helmet wielding his umbrella a sword and piloting a prop dragon with actual fire-breathing.

~Penguin: “And who says opera has to be boring!” Seriously, DC’s characters are some of THE best when they’re written right.

~Now that’s what I call a grand finale!

~Every person has vulnerabilities. Do not exploit or mock them for personal gain unless you truly believe they deserve it.

Last edited by RangerSentai; March 1st, 2017 at 01:29 AM.