RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old March 15th, 2016, 02:46 PM   #21
Nyranger
Crazy Mariachi

Why does something need to happen at every event, just to prove that something CAN happen at every event? Why can't we just be satisfied with getting a solid wrestling show?
Old March 15th, 2016, 02:50 PM   #22
powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

QuadraRanger wrote: View Post

On the next Edge and Christian show:

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/bai...3/AJ_E_C.0.png
The 2nd Evil wrote: View Post

Ooh, the balls on them for that one.
They already have it on Youtube WWE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWM-9oqhYGs
Old March 15th, 2016, 04:21 PM   #23
The Plastic Ranger
Hazard Level 3.0

Random wrote: View Post

Road Block was frustrating. I know a Network special was unlikely to do anything to seriously shake up what's being planned for Wrestlemania, I thought maybe there was at least a chance something would happen here to at least create some air of unpredictability. What happened to "anything can happen in the WWE!"? Instead, two and a half hours of nothing.
Yeah, I was disappointed too. But WWE is preparing for Wrestlemania and they aren't going to throw any surprises in before it. Honestly, we would all have been better without Road Block being a thing. It really didn't accomplish much.
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:49 AM   #24
CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

Vexacus84 wrote: View Post

you think we will see a big tag team division push like we saw with the divas. moving the 4 main teams on nxt up to the main roster shortly after wrestlemania??
Well, you can not take a champion seriously when they have the ugliest belt in all of sports entertainment. Hopefully all 4 members of the LON beat TND & burn those ugly bronze spartan pennies in the main event the day after WM32, & bring back the previous 4 unified WWE& World tag.... never mind.

The womens match was really strong too, with Natalya really proving she can hang in the big leagues. Shame it didn't have a bit more build up and attention though, instead of basically treated as the usual divas filler match. Oh well.
Nattie proved she can hang in the big leagues. She should have been champion at least 3 times in the past 5 years. The only thing Nat cant do is talk.
Old March 16th, 2016, 06:03 AM   #25
Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

Happy March 16th, guys.
Old March 16th, 2016, 06:05 AM   #26
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Reports from the Smackdown tapings are that Reigns had a lot of nuclear heat with the crowds, and that he had to cut his promo short because of how many times the crowd chanted "What?"
Old March 16th, 2016, 06:07 AM   #27
DiEnd
true, true

32 eBay
Random wrote: View Post

Road Block was frustrating. ... I thought maybe there was at least a chance something would happen here to at least create some air of unpredictability. ... Instead, two and a half hours of nothing.
The entire company has done nothing interesting in roughly 8 months. I didn't expect roadblock to be any different.
Old March 16th, 2016, 06:19 AM   #28
DukeNukem 2417
VIP Rider

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Reports from the Smackdown tapings are that Reigns had a lot of nuclear heat with the crowds, and that he had to cut his promo short because of how many times the crowd chanted "What?"
Proof positive that being related to the Rock doesn't guarantee you'll get anywhere in this day and age.....

Also, speaking of the Rock, my brother found a post somewhere about how some of the big Attitude Era stars would've fared if they'd debuted today---I don't remember the link, but it's fascinating reading.
Old March 16th, 2016, 12:17 PM   #29
CobraMorphBT20
its all about Emmalina

Nyranger wrote: View Post

Why does something need to happen at every event, just to prove that something CAN happen at every event? Why can't we just be satisfied with getting a solid wrestling show?
Well, did anything "happen" at Fastlane? We have 12 "PPVs" or whatever they are called now, but only WM, SummerSlam, & due to its WM connection, the Rumble are the only ones that matter. Remember when Rock/Hogan2 happened at NWO2003 & not the following WM? Nowadays we get Cena/Rock1 & 2 at WMs because the other events just do not matter. Also, Roadblock is a Network exclusive event, I dont watch wrestling matches any more, but for those that do & like the stories or whatever, it just reinforces the idea that be it Battleground, Unforgiven or Roadblock, its just a glorified episode of RAW. Nothing will happen in the WWE unless it happens at those big-3 events. WM & SummerSlam are the season premier & finale for a WWE season. The Rumble is the mid-season cliffhanger.

Now, I wont say nothing happened at Roadblock. It sort of helped set up LON-TND. It should have set up Ryback/Kalisto for the USTitle, or Uso/Dudley.

But the thing is, the only time a PPV-event was needed between the Rumble & WM## was if the title changed hands at the Rumble, or during the brand extention to set up the match for the other Title. Which the WWE never did properly. Having two is not needed. Nothing happened at either that couldnt have just happened on RAW/SD. If they could book tv properly.

However, Roadblock is still more important than any TNA ONO.
Old March 16th, 2016, 12:37 PM   #30
Green1
Green Ranger Power!

Here's the thing with Roadblock. Most of the matches were really, REALLY good matches. They just didn't mean anything in the long run, as nothing significant actually happened. IMHO, the Ambrose/HHH match was spectacular, and will probably be better then the Reigns/HHH match at 'Mania. RB was just done to fill the time til 'Mania.
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:32 PM   #31
Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

Roadblock was nothing more than a televised house show. That's all it ever was supposed to be. Do you expect a title to change at a house show? Story lines to advance? No. But you go to have a good time and watch a good show.

Live at MSG was the same. Beast In The East was the same, just with an NXT title change.
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:43 PM   #32
CheckeredRanger
OMG THIS IS SO EPIC!!11!!

I feel bad for Reigns.I like him,and want to see him succeed.But it`s to the point they need to turn him heel to repair him.
Although,I kind of feel like they might be headed down the road of a heel turn.
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:46 PM   #33
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Certainly. Look at how a heel turn turned the fortunes around for The New Day. At no time in their infancy would you be able to tell me they'd be one of the hottest factions going in wrestling.
Old March 16th, 2016, 04:16 PM   #34
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

Hell, the greatest thing that happened to The Rock was when he turned heel. People hated him as the All-Samoan Babyface, but loved him when he turned into an egotistical jackass.

Although, the main difference here is that The Rock had godlike skills on the microphone. Roman Reigns... uhh... not so much.
Old March 16th, 2016, 04:27 PM   #35
Blue Knightwolf
Banned

johnboy3434 wrote: View Post

Hell, the greatest thing that happened to The Rock was when he turned heel. People hated him as the All-Samoan Babyface, but loved him when he turned into an egotistical jackass.

Although, the main difference here is that The Rock had godlike skills on the microphone. Roman Reigns... uhh... not so much.
Rock had the mic skills and the charisma to pull that off. Reigns doesn't have them. He works better as the silent Muscle ala Goldberg.
Old March 16th, 2016, 05:02 PM   #36
CheckeredRanger
OMG THIS IS SO EPIC!!11!!

Certainly. Look at how a heel turn turned the fortunes around for The New Day. At no time in their infancy would you be able to tell me they'd be one of the hottest factions going in wrestling.
And now the New Day looks like they might be turning(or have already turned)face
Old March 16th, 2016, 05:17 PM   #37
Lee Noire
I think. Therefore I am.

Blue Knightwolf wrote: View Post

Rock had the mic skills and the charisma to pull that off. Reigns doesn't have them. He works better as the silent Muscle ala Goldberg.
When he is himself and isn't asked to speak for 20 minutes he is pretty solid on the stick. It's this overly scripted stuff that really hurts him. It's obvious he read the stuff that comes out of his mouth sometimes.
Old March 16th, 2016, 05:18 PM   #38
⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Blue Knightwolf wrote: View Post

It's crazy they haven't realized this yet. Roman can put on a great match, I actually enjoy him in the ring. He's a solid powerhouse. But instead of trying to make him Cena 2, just make him the guy who kicks ass and leaves. Not even Stone Cold 2. Literally keep him as the same guy that he was in The Shield. They made him keep every other aspect of The Shield after they split but changed the one thing he desperately needed to keep.
Old March 16th, 2016, 05:24 PM   #39
nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

Okay have you've been reading Uproxx again? /s

That's bunk. He did cut a promo however and he did walk to the ring from the stage
Old March 16th, 2016, 09:48 PM   #40
Patamon
Digimon of Hope

Tonight was one hell of a card on Lucha Underground

new Trios Champions crowned as Son of Havok, Angelico, and Ivelisse defeated the Disciples of Death to regain the Trios title. also Fenix cashes in the Gift of the Gods title and beats Mil Muertes to capture the Lucha Underground Championship only for Katrina to drop a bombshell, Fenix has to defend the title in Aztec Warfare starting at #1 and Mil will come in last at #20
Closed Thread

Tags
dummy yeah!, jinder unhindered, lance catamaran, team d i whyyy?, tex ferguson, total nonstop chaos