RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old March 13th, 2016, 10:20 PM   #1
⚡McAster
I engage in motion

The Wrestling Thread: It's A New Bray, Yes It Is!

It's an exciting time in the pro wrestling world as an upswing in popularity and profitably exists once again.

WWE has Wrestlemania in the horizon after a brief roadblock, with a NXT event to enjoy just a day prior to that.
WrestleCon like always has attached itself to the Wrestlemania weekened, but provides yet another series of things and wrestlers to meet that can be worth it even if you don't see anything WWE related.
Lucha Underground continues to be an amazing show and is now on iTunes to be owned, with rumours of a streaming service picking it up soon as well.
WrestlePro comes out of the ashes of Pro Wrestling Syndicate.
Insane Championship Wrestling and Revolution Pro Wrestling continue to grow in the U.K.
CMLL and AAA are undergoing changes internal and external in order to catch up to the world competition.
NJPW may have lost some big names, but has not lost the ability to put on great matches, while continuing to grow on it's streaming service.
United Wrestling Network grows day by day with some fun events from Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and other promotions.
And so much more across the world.

Whether it's something new, something familiar, or re-watching something old thanks to streaming services and networks, it's a great time to watch wrestling with all that we have access to these days.

Should you care to look back on the previous thread, it be here
McAster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2016, 11:52 PM   #2
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

::makes obligatory "Ken is still alive" post and leaves::
Ankh Primo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 12:02 AM   #3
⚡McAster
I engage in motion

Just for Wrestlemania. Then it's back to the aethēr I now reside in.
Old March 14th, 2016, 12:08 AM   #4
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

You're The Boogeyman?! :O
Ankh Primo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 12:17 AM   #5
⚡McAster
I engage in motion

I was thinking Howard Finkel. I have a strict diet of no worms.
Old March 14th, 2016, 02:05 AM   #6
ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

You know... I don't think they actually got an angle where Ambrose's foot was under the ropes if not under it at all.

Roadblock was decent. I was expecting it to be the usual 2 hour show so I was surprised that it was 2 1/2 hours. Best match was definitely the NXT tag match. The pacing was so different compared to the WWE tag match. But overall it was a pretty straight forward. It would have been nice to see the NXT belts change but that's what Dallas is for.
ultrakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 03:15 AM   #7
WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

For any UK fans:

WWE Superstar Showdown is currently £6.50 on Amazon UK!

Superstar Showdown is a really fun board game that mixes miniature combat with a rock/scissors/paper style deck of cards. Each card has actions that can be activated when successful, allowing you to deal damage and throw your opponent around the ring!

It is a light game that plays really quickly for up to 2 players (or more depending on the game mode). It has been a success with my group of wrestling fan friends so I thought I would bring the deal to everyone's attention.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 08:25 PM   #8
powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

Wow after Triple H beats Dolph, the fan favorite to boos. Roman comes out and gets louder boos. WWE take the hint. Really or Mania will have 100,000 booing your "hero's" big victory.
powerpackers90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 08:36 PM   #9
ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post
Wow after Triple H beats Dolph, the fan favorite to boos. Roman comes out and gets louder boos. WWE take the hint. Really or Mania will have 100,000 booing your "hero's" big victory.
how can they not. he was the heel, he was destroying the retreating babyface. anyone see that woman losing her shit over reigns though
ZeoFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 08:45 PM   #10
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

I have like zero interest in the Undertaker/Shane match right now. Which is sad, because I was super into Shane's return, but since then it's been rough. Vince hasn't been very good in any of this storyline stuff either IMO.

I have very little interest in the other big match. Don't care about Reigns and only barely care about Triple H. I was hoping Ziggler would somehow win, but of course not.
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 09:19 PM   #11
powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

Also a year ago people were shitting on the New Day, and now they are the most over face tag team.
powerpackers90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 10:24 PM   #12
QuadraRanger
99%

On the next Edge and Christian show:

QuadraRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 12:23 AM   #13
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

Pretty decent RAW this week. We had a Tag Team Title Match between New Day vs LoN match that could be leading to a face turn for the New Day. Since they are setting up a rematch for Wrestlemania, that is probably going to happen. The Ambrose/Heyman/Lesnar promo that came after was not bad either. Wanted to see Lesnar and Ambrose brawl again but that will have to wait. That little backstage segment with Mick Foley and Ambrose was cool too. I guess the main highlight of the night does go to Triple H's first match on RAW in 3 years. I kept thinking there had to be a swerve as it wasn't the main event. But no, it was an actual match and it a lengthy one. Of course Ziggler lost but at least he wasn't buried. The return of Roman Reigns was done well as he got a good reaction and the beatdown that came after was cool. I did not mind the two Divas segments either as they all got my attention. Seeing Paige backstage and Lana was looking hot trying to annoy Brie. The main event segment was lacking. I still don't understand why Undertaker is doing Vince's bidding. And Shane looked sorta lost in his promo. Not to mention who the hell are we supposed to boo here?
chronoxiong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 04:44 AM   #14
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Meltzer is reporting Neville has broken his ankle and shinbone
Cameron Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 05:54 AM   #15
ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

Yeah, Neville rolled his ankle pretty bad while trying to slide under Jericho. Thankfully it was against Jericho since he knew how to get out of the situation and just talk in order to make up time. By the way, this is the funniest Jericho's has been as a heel in a while.

The best thing to come out of RAW I felt was Team B.A.D's tag finisher. I don't think I've ever seen that done before. It was like a Swinging Neckbreaker Powerslam.

Btw... Shane is going to miss Taker hitting him. I don't know why, but apparently that's what's going to happen. I foresee signs at WM.
ultrakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 07:33 AM   #16
nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

So on this week's ep of the Edge and Christian Show, Tommy Dreamer is completely naked bar the ECW title being draped over him like Shawn in Playgirl.

Sorry that I put that sight in the your mind.
nintenfan3424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 08:49 AM   #17
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

WWE confirm Nevill's injury

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2016-03...w?sf22594776=1
Cameron Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 11:08 AM   #18
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraRanger View Post
On the next Edge and Christian show:

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/bai...3/AJ_E_C.0.png
Ooh, the balls on them for that one.
The 2nd Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 11:20 AM   #19
Terra
A Knight's Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
Welp, the League of injured souls just got a new member.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 01:36 PM   #20
Random
The Lizard Queen

Road Block was frustrating. I know a Network special was unlikely to do anything to seriously shake up what's being planned for Wrestlemania, I thought maybe there was at least a chance something would happen here to at least create some air of unpredictability. What happened to "anything can happen in the WWE!"? Instead, two and a half hours of nothing.

Okay, the show itself wasn't bad, the NXT Tag Team match definitely did a good job of putting more of a spotlight on the guys involved and deservedly so, and while it's probably too soon to take the belts away from the Revival, at least an NXT title change would have helped show that important things can happen at events like these.

The womens match was really strong too, with Natalya really proving she can hang in the big leagues. Shame it didn't have a bit more build up and attention though, instead of basically treated as the usual divas filler match. Oh well.

The main event was even pretty good, despite the outcome being really predictable, and the cheers Ambrose got at the false finish even drowned out the very vocal guys in the front of the crowd that were trying to be controversial. This is the type of response Reigns should be getting if he were as over with non smarks as some people keep suggesting.
Random is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dummy yeah!, jinder unhindered, lance catamaran, team d i whyyy?, tex ferguson