RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old November 21st, 2015, 11:07 AM   #41
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

In regard to the race thing, I honestly don't think Toriyama had anything in mind beyond "not black" (not because of racism, but because that skin tone is so uncommon in the average Japanese person's experience).
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2015, 06:10 PM   #42
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

Due to alleviate negativity, thought I'd post my collection, sans BOG and Resurrection F as I haven't taken pics of them yet:

Complete DB

VHS Days

DVD Singles

Box Sets and rest of Z

Complete English Manga

Movies aside from 2 recent ones.

Think I did a pic of all of Kai, but didn't upload to my photobucket.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 03:33 AM   #43
Dragon Spirit
The Prince of all Saiyans

soooo...."Over 8000" no longer doing subs? Just went to the site and it now says:

"Over8000subs.wordpress.com is no longer available. The authors have deleted this site."

So I guess I need a new place to get my Super episodes. Has Dragon Team started back to doing them again?
Dragon Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 03:59 AM   #44
nekollx
Power Ranger

http://animerg.la/anime/info/103 anime rg does DBS
nekollx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 08:05 AM   #45
⚡Taichi
Smells like a Rose...

32 eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan Prince View Post
soooo...."Over 8000" no longer doing subs? Just went to the site and it now says:

"Over8000subs.wordpress.com is no longer available. The authors have deleted this site."

So I guess I need a new place to get my Super episodes. Has Dragon Team started back to doing them again?
They got hit with a Cease and Desist. So they're out.

I preferred DragonTeam, so at least we'll still have decent subs since they've taken back over.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 09:39 PM   #46
noogie101
Power Ranger

I've seen every one of the episodes of Super so far.
noogie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2015, 02:58 AM   #47
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Haha, I can't believe Earth is in an identical predicament to the last time Frieza came to Earth. Frieza shooting Tagoma for fearing the Saiyans was cold, man, he hasn't lost a step. And Jaco's cameo was hilarious all the way through, especially the part about giving everyone an hour to prepare.

And Krillin's had hair so long that being bald again looked weird.
Ankh Primo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2015, 03:09 AM   #48
⚡Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo David Frank View Post
And Krillin's had hair so long that being bald again looked weird.
I think it looked so weird because he isn't drawn to the same scale he was in DBZ. He seems shorter in Super.
Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2015, 10:14 AM   #49
JacobYBM
Banned

Yamamuro Tadayoshi's character designs are definite now. It's a mix of adapting Toriyama Akira's newer drawings and his own. It also doesn't help that Animation Supervisor Shimanuki Masahiro is no longer the animator he was when he worked on the first three TV series.
JacobYBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2015, 06:03 PM   #50
ceninant
Dance puppets, dance.

I'm disappointed the last Z fighter on Champa's team is Majin Buu instead of Gohan.
ceninant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 07:44 PM   #51
Ankh Primo

It was weird that Krillin would doubt himself fighting Frieza's soldiers, when he'd been down that road years ago and took out most without very much effort, and has only gotten ridiculously strong since then. Hell, Roshi was taking them out left and right, and I know Krillin's not stupid enough to think Roshi's stronger than he is.

And was that the first time Piccolo ever used his Namekian healing ability on someone besides himself?
Old November 29th, 2015, 07:59 PM   #52
JacobYBM
Banned

Kuririn hadn't done any serious fighting in quite a while. He was even experiencing doubt earlier in the series, too. He needed to get over it.

Piccolo didn't heal Gohan, he just used ki to restart his heart to jolt him conscious so he could eat a Senzu.
Old November 29th, 2015, 08:06 PM   #53
Terra
A Knight's Tale

Well, for those who were disappointed by the lack of Goten/Trunks in the movie can rest at ease now.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 11:03 PM   #54
There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

Clearly the lack of the movie budget hurt with the inactive army guys just "in place" in the background instead of cgi floating. Obviously the "fight" wasn't very dynamic or interesting either. I cringed when I saw the reuse of Gohan's energy attack.

Krillin's fear kind of irritated me. That he can feel power levels just makes this contrived and is blatantly padding over logic. It's one thing if he was fighting Frieza or even Shisami, but soldiers weaker than the Ginyus...?

We get a reason for Buu's absence this time as damage control for the lack of explanation last time.

We'll see what the new content has in store for us with Tagoma and Goten/Trunks. If we're talking about this as an adaptation of the army fight... it's a fail. Big shame because that was the best part of the movie.
There D Hood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 03:51 AM   #55
RisingSunRanger
Banned

Tagoma is badass!
RisingSunRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 06:12 AM   #56
⚡Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

I can understand Krillin maybe having reservations about Freeza again, but I didn't expect him to wimp out so much. Although, maybe when he was in a continuous stream of battles, like Saiyans, Freeza, Cell, he was more pumped up from the adrenaline and stuff to even focus or worry about the fear. Now that he's had several years of peace time, had a daughter, and hasn't had to face anything other than street-level crime, he just simply isn't prepared.

Still, I think he should've gotten over his fear quicker than he did. Although I did like how he effortlessly dodged the enemies. It's just mind over matter, I suppose.
Old November 30th, 2015, 06:51 AM   #57
Spider-Flash
Hyper Henshin Hero

Gohan was shat on so hard in this episode, and I'm not gonna lie, I kinda snickered when it happened.

Overall, the episode was actually REALLY good. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed a chapter of DBS so much.
Spider-Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2015, 02:14 AM   #58
Ankh Primo

Damn, watching Frieza act that sadistically the entire episode really showed his aura as the biggest bad in Dragon Ball history. Recognizing the two Saiyans that brought about his greatest defeats in Goten and Trunks, hitting Gohan with beams left and right to take revenge on his father, it was hard to watch. And to see Piccolo take the death blow for the fighter he helped raise once again, it was so sad. Amazing that with how far these fighters have come, they're still nothing compared to the lord of the universe.
Old December 7th, 2015, 03:38 PM   #59
⚡Prototype
Blips and/or Chitz.

Artistically, I don't like how we get multiple shots of beams going through their bodies, but we don't get any blood or even any view of the wounds. All we get are non-descript holes in their bodies.

I know it's aimed towards kids, but Z seemed to do a better job at it. Maybe, like the awful animation, it'll be fixed for the blu-rays.
Old December 7th, 2015, 03:45 PM   #60
JacobYBM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GekiCosmic View Post
Artistically, I don't like how we get multiple shots of beams going through their bodies, but we don't get any blood or even any view of the wounds. All we get are non-descript holes in their bodies.

I know it's aimed towards kids, but Z seemed to do a better job at it. Maybe, like the awful animation, it'll be fixed for the blu-rays.
Shinseiki Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop helped to tighten restrictions on daytime animation in the 1990s. Things have only gotten worse over the years, especially as the industry tries to pander more to international viewers, in other words, the United States. The home video releases won't feature changes.

Dragon Ball Super Episode #5 did feature a few corrections, though.

Tags
don't let your guard down, godamnitgoku, gokudebates, gokuisinnocent, its the moshi of roshi, not the size of the ki, onore goku, this is also gokus fault