Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2016, 10:30 AM #41
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 27,720
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 27,720



psifreek28 wrote: View Post

2D is just the way to go with these characters.
At least they never used the 3D models from the cartoon opening credits

*shudders*

Gold Samurai is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 11:16 AM #42
Lord Buttus's Avatar
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,178
eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction
Lord Buttus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,178
eBay



As a kid I thought that intro was the most badass thing ever. Doesn't really hold up...
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 11:32 AM #43
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229



I still love the music though.
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:15 PM #44
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,334
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,334



Nothing will ever beat DCAU.
leolim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:20 PM #45
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229



leolim wrote: View Post

Nothing will ever beat DCAU.
I love the DCAU too, but it doesn't hurt to have an open mind. I love plenty of the DC stuff outside of the DCAU like, Teen Titans, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Green Lantern TAS, and Beware the Batman.
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:22 PM #46
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,334
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,334



superfanmj94 wrote: View Post

I love the DCAU too, but it doesn't hurt to have an open mind. I love plenty of the DC stuff outside of the DCAU like, Teen Titans, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Green Lantern TAS, and Beware the Batman.
You might wanna replace Batman: The Brave and the Bold with young justice.
leolim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:24 PM #47
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229



leolim wrote: View Post

You might wanna replace Batman: The Brave and the Bold with young justice.
Nope. I think BaTB is much better than YJ. I don't think YJ is all that good. It has a great version of Robin, but other than that very little stands out. I'm planning to do a season 2 rewatch soon now that it's on Netflix, though.
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:27 PM #48
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,334
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,334



superfanmj94 wrote: View Post

Nope. I think BaTB is much better than YJ. I don't think YJ is all that good. It has a great version of Robin, but other than that very little stands out. I'm planning to do a season 2 rewatch soon now that it's on Netflix, though.
Brave and bold is just one of those silly DC Cartoons just for adam west nostalgic fans.
leolim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:30 PM #49
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229



leolim wrote: View Post

Brave and bold is just one of those silly DC Cartoons just for adam west nostalgic fans.
Got to disagree. It's a very well put together show, that has a lot of fun and knows how to tell a great story. I still remember how I felt watching the Doom Patrol episode.
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:35 PM #50
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,334
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,334



superfanmj94 wrote: View Post

Got to disagree. It's a very well put together show, that has a lot of fun and knows how to tell a great story. I still remember how I felt watching the Doom Patrol episode.
That defeats the Purpose of what Batman is all about. Its Batman and Robin all over again.
leolim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:38 PM #51
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229



leolim wrote: View Post

That defeats the Purpose of what Batman is all about.
It really doesn't. Batman can have fun. It's ok.

As long as it's an enjoyable show with strong writing than its fine.
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:40 PM #52
MerCurryMeme's Avatar
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,433
MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain
MerCurryMeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,433



leolim wrote: View Post

That defeats the Purpose of what Batman is all about. Its Batman and Robin all over again.
"Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but it's certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots than the tortured avenger crying out for mommy and daddy."
* Bat-Mite breaks the fourth wall to describe this incarnation of Batman
MerCurryMeme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:42 PM #53
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,334
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,334



superfanmj94 wrote: View Post

It really doesn't. Batman can have fun. It's ok.

As long as it's an enjoyable show with strong writing than its fine.
Yes it does that's why the dark knight trilogy restored Batman's honor which Ben will fuck it up.
leolim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:47 PM #54
BlueMystechRanger's Avatar
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 6,968
BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK
BlueMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 6,968



Yeah. Even in the comics, Bruce is more than just "Darkness! No Parents! Continued Darkness!". Especially since he became a parent (and Thank God they brought Damian back from the dead. The last thing Bats needed was another dead relative to angst over. Hearing him talk about his parents has become tiresome enough. I didn't need him going on about the kid he lost in the world's most needlessly complicated custody battle)

leolim wrote: View Post

Yes it does that's why the dark knight trilogy restored Batman's honor which Ben will fuck it up.
Eh, so far I'm not seeing the problem with Batfleck that everyone else has. He looks and acts...just like Batman. Just like Bale. And just like Keaton.
BlueMystechRanger is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 05:47 PM #55
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229



leolim wrote: View Post

Yes it does that's why the dark knight trilogy restored Batman's honor which Ben will fuck it up.


So, I guess if I said I'd rather watch BaTB than the Dark Knight trilogy, I'm somehow wrong right?

Batman doesn't have to be all dark. If that's what you prefer, fine, but I don't think you should act like that's how Batman has to be.
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 06:41 PM #56
hasso_primo's Avatar
> hasso_primo
Net Brutality
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 69,851
hasso_primo
Net Brutality
hasso_primo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 69,851



superfanmj94 wrote: View Post

Batman doesn't have to be all dark. If that's what you prefer, fine, but I don't think you should act like that's how Batman has to be.
Yeah, it's not like anyone at this point doesn't know Adam West's version was the best Batman interpretation of all time.
hasso_primo is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 06:53 PM #57
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger
SuperMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,229



Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

Yeah, it's not like anyone at this point doesn't know Adam West's version was the best Batman interpretation of all time.
Honestly, I don't know how someone can't at least enjoy the 60s show somewhat. No matter if you first saw it as a kid or as an adult, it's fun. Fun is good. Fun is fun.

(Although, it's not my favorite version, but I do appreciate it.)
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 07:32 PM #58
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 27,720
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 27,720



leolim wrote: View Post

That defeats the Purpose of what Batman is all about. Its Batman and Robin all over again.

You are aware that things can be interpreted in many ways?

We had a campy batman, we had a brooding batman and we had TDK trilogy where Bruce Wayne/Batman left forever to lead a normal life

Variety is the spice of life.

We should all know this since we're on a Power ranger board that reinterprets what a Japanese TV show does.
Gold Samurai is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2016, 10:20 AM #59
comicstar100's Avatar
> comicstar100
Pirate King
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,300
comicstar100
Pirate King
comicstar100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,300



leolim wrote: View Post

Brave and bold is just one of those silly DC Cartoons just for adam west nostalgic fans.
Brave and The Bold was a love letter to silverage comics. Very suprisning what they were able to pull off. Even in this "silly nostalgic" show as you call it. They had to deal with characters dieing in the line of duty, I have no complaints about it. As I look back I feel stupid for pre judging the series based on a few panels of artwork. Just like everyone seems to be doing with Justice League Action.....
comicstar100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2016, 10:22 AM #60
MerCurryMeme's Avatar
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,433
MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain
MerCurryMeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,433



...I'm sad that everyone missed my Batmite quote from the show...

I honestly don't see a immense problem with this JL incarnation being a tad lighter and more cartoon-y. I know everyone shudders at Go!, but I feel it's not really going that route.

Famous Last Words.
MerCurryMeme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect