RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old March 3rd, 2015, 09:12 PM   #61
CheckeredRanger
OMG THIS IS SO EPIC!!11!!

Normally I get weary anytime I hear a classic cartoon getting remade(especially one I loved such as DuckTales),but I am actually very optimistic about this one
CheckeredRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2015, 09:53 PM   #62
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

CheckeredRanger wrote: View Post

Normally I get weary anytime I hear a classic cartoon getting remade(especially one I loved such as DuckTales),but I am actually very optimistic about this one
I think people should definitely be optimistic, Disney has made some cartoons recently that I've enjoyed a lot and think are wonderful. I haven't loved all of them, I'm not too big on Star, but I'm going to continue to watch it for now. But the amount I enjoy definitely outnumber the ones that haven't impressed me as much.
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:09 PM   #63
NeoZeoRedRanger
Power Ranger

RangerLord wrote: View Post

A Rescue Rangers movie reboot is hapening - http://variety.com/2014/film/news/re...ie-1201080563/
Yeah, that's from over a year ago. No other news has been released on the project. Kinda feel that the movie has died.
NeoZeoRedRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 12:27 AM   #64
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

NeoZeoRedRanger wrote: View Post

Yeah, that's from over a year ago. No other news has been released on the project. Kinda feel that the movie has died.
And people are worried about Power Rangers when we already have a near-to-complete script. LOL
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 12:48 AM   #65
Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

I have a friend on Facebook with whom I attended grade school. She was a fan of the show back in the day. I saw that her sister posted on her wall about the upcoming version. Since she's also going to have a baby soon, she told me in a message that she's looking forward to watching shows like this with her kid. So I hope her future daughter likes it. In fact, I'm hoping my friend likes it too.

I wonder if they'll get most of the voice actors to reprise their roles in the new cartoon. I believe most of them did in DuckTales Remastered.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 03:55 AM   #66
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

I wonder if they'll get most of the voice actors to reprise their roles in the new cartoon. I believe most of them did in DuckTales Remastered.
They did. The ones who didn't were deceased.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:08 PM   #67
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

With the guys wanting things to be like the old Barks/Rosa comics, do guys still want Webby, or not have her and have Daisy's nieces she replaced?
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 11:06 PM   #68
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Henshin King wrote: View Post

Gladstone Gander
Only if it's Paulsen.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 12:20 PM   #69
Elephant
Blue Blitz Ranger, GO!

I'm looking forward to this.

I hope they make some improvement from the original. Such as Huey Dewey and Louie have their own individual personalities this time around.
Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 03:48 PM   #70
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Elephant wrote: View Post

I'm looking forward to this.

I hope they make some improvement from the original. Such as Huey Dewey and Louie have their own individual personalities this time around.
That's the ONLY thing I'd carry over from Quack Pack, is their individual personalities (Huey the ladies man, Dewey the genius and Louie the goofball).
BobbyDrake2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 04:40 AM   #71
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Some sad news for fans of the original 1987 DuckTales. It seems that original Launchpad voice actor Terry McGovern commented on his Facebook profiles that Disney is casting a brand new cast for the up-coming DuckTales reboot. It is unknown as of right now how far the casting process is or who will be cast into the new roles, but it would seem that not a single member of the original cast will be returning, thus making 2011’s DuckTales: Remastered probably the last time the surviving members of the original cast will be heard together.

Mr. McGovern’s statement can be read below:

"I am heartsick. Bad news. This is not a life or death situation, but it feels like one. Disney is re-booting Ducktales. And, here’s the bad news for me and the rest of the original cast–they are RE-CASTING! A very sweet woman called me from their offices to impart this development just moments ago. It was considerate of them, but it was not what I wanted to hear. When she first introduced herself on the phone, that she was calling on behalf of Ducktales, I thought, WOW! THE BAND’S GETTING BACK TOGETHER! Alas, it’s going to be a new band. So…someone else will play Launchpad McQuack. I haven’t told Launchpad himself yet. He’s in the garage tinkering with the Thunderquack. I just don’t have the heart to tell him. But I will. Just don’t tell him until I do, OK? And thanks for your sympathy. I wish the new cast well"

http://dafradio.net/2015/03/24/is-th...ast-returning/
Cameron Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 05:01 AM   #72
NeoZeoRedRanger
Power Ranger

I can't say I'm all that surprised. Yes, it's a bit sad, but hopefully Disney will cast new voice actors with the same love and appreciation for these characters. As well as bring some of the same magic to the characters as they did in the 1987 series.
Old March 25th, 2015, 05:10 AM   #73
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
NeoZeoRedRanger wrote: View Post

I can't say I'm all that surprised. Yes, it's a bit sad, but hopefully Disney will cast new voice actors with the same love and appreciation for these characters. As well as bring some of the same magic to the characters as they did in the 1987 series.
It makes sense, as both Alan Young (Scrooge) and June Foray (Magica DeSpell, Ma Beagle) are in their 90s. (Ms Foray will turn 100 two years from September) They could do one or two sessions of recording and then pass away. Using a fresh cast is one way to avert this scenario.

Last edited by GoldAnyRanger; March 25th, 2015 at 06:11 AM.
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 05:23 AM   #74
PRangerX
VIP Ranger

In regards to Dark Ducktales. The show itsef actually did do a dark future episode where Magica Despella rules the world Huey, Dewey, and Lewey work for her. Dark by their standards anyway.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 07:54 AM   #75
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

It makes sense, as both Alan Young (Scrooge) and June Foray (Magica DeSpell, Ma Beagle) are in their 90s. (Ms Foray will turn 100 two years from September) They could do one or two sessions of recording and then pass away. Using a fresh cast is one way to avert this scenario.
It's true that Foray is not as active as she once was. However, she did return to voice Magica DeSpell in the remastered video game. Plus, she recently reprised her famous role as Rocky the Flying Squirrel in a new short cartoon. Still, she probably cannot do a show like this on a regular basis.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 08:10 AM   #76
Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

I understand why they're doing this but I gotta say, Alan Young as Scrooge is gonna be a pretty tough act to follow, maybe even more so then Wayne Alwine as Mickey. But Disney's been pretty good in the past about getting decent soundalikes so it probably won't be too terribly bad.
Akiba Black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 09:13 AM   #77
NeoZeoRedRanger
Power Ranger

PRangerX wrote: View Post

In regards to Dark Ducktales. The show itsef actually did do a dark future episode where Magica Despella rules the world Huey, Dewey, and Lewey work for her. Dark by their standards anyway.
That episode already exists "Duck to the Future"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTvvJQoRB_8 (best youtube version I could find of the ep)
Old March 26th, 2015, 12:50 PM   #78
glcorps4ever
Power Ranger

Henshin King wrote: View Post

Here's some things I'd like the new series to have since it's going to be a new continuity:
1.Have Donald never actually join the Navy and make him a regular character.
I think if you bring Donald into it regularly, it's a completely different show
glcorps4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 01:35 PM   #79
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Donald being a regular character would make it closer to the original comics. The whole reason they didn't have him in the last series is because they didn't want him to overshadow Scrooge, so they created Launchpad to fill the role of Scrooge's comedic sidekick.

I want to see this show happen, but at the same time I'm not sure about the new voice cast. It'd have to be a REALLY good voice cast to win me over since the original cast was completely flawless.

The only thing I'd suggest for the new VA's is that while they should get soundalikes for everyone else, go the Quack Pack route and get three different distinct voices for the triplets.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 02:31 PM   #80
SilverMystechRanger
I was TZKBTJ

EDIT: Wait, I thought this was the Arrow discussion thread!?!?

Last edited by SilverMystechRanger; March 26th, 2015 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
SilverMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
woohoo!!!!!