RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old March 15th, 2015, 09:11 PM   #41
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

I enjoyed the two-parter a lot. I really only like half of the Mighty Mutanimals, Slash and Leatherhead. I think Mikey hugged Leatherhead three times and I think that's fantastic! I think it really shows how close their relationship is. I really hope we don't see the Kraang for a long time, and I'd be fine if they never showed up again. I'm a little surprised that April and Casey didn't seem to really do anything. I think next week's a Casey episode so hopefully he'll be entertaining. Hopefully Shredder and his crew will show up again soon, because I find almost all of them interesting. I didn't like how Leo was talking to Slash in the beginning. He complained about using the pigeon has bait, but haven't they used Mikey as bait? Also, he didn't seem to want to trust Slash, but he didn't seem to have that much of a problem of trusting Karai in the beginning, I think, unless I'm remembering that part wrong.
SuperMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 03:59 AM   #42
Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

It's not really the Mighty Mutanimals without Ray Fillet. But I don't hate the version in Nick Turtles.
Mr Tuesday II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 08:19 AM   #43
redanger05
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfanmj94 View Post
I didn't like how Leo was talking to Slash in the beginning. He complained about using the pigeon has bait, but haven't they used Mikey as bait? Also, he didn't seem to want to trust Slash, but he didn't seem to have that much of a problem of trusting Karai in the beginning, I think, unless I'm remembering that part wrong.
Well I see what you're saying. The difference between using Mikey and Pigeon Pete as bait is that Mikey can defend himself if the plan doesn't work. While Pigeon Pete really can't. And I don't blame Leo for not trusting Slash because he tried to kill them. for Karai, She didn't really reveal who she was at the beginning which got Leo having a crush on her at the beginning. But he did warn her that if she messed with his family and friends, he will come after her.

Leo is just very protective, and now that he knows Karai is his sister (Splinter's Daughter) he'll do anything to help her.
redanger05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 12:53 PM   #44
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redanger05 View Post
Well I see what you're saying. The difference between using Mikey and Pigeon Pete as bait is that Mikey can defend himself if the plan doesn't work. While Pigeon Pete really can't. And I don't blame Leo for not trusting Slash because he tried to kill them. for Karai, She didn't really reveal who she was at the beginning which got Leo having a crush on her at the beginning. But he did warn her that if she messed with his family and friends, he will come after her.

Leo is just very protective, and now that he knows Karai is his sister (Splinter's Daughter) he'll do anything to help her.
While Mikey can defend himself, I just got the impression from Leo that it had more to do with using any of the team as bait no matter who it was.

Also, in regards to working with Slash, didn't they already do that last season when a bunch of mutants got captured and didn't Slash try to help them after he teamed up with Newtralizer, but I'm not too positive on that one.

I also wonder how often we'll see this new team. Will they help the turtles with Shredder or will they only fight the Kraang.
Old March 16th, 2015, 03:42 PM   #45
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfanmj94 View Post
While Mikey can defend himself, I just got the impression from Leo that it had more to do with using any of the team as bait no matter who it was.

Also, in regards to working with Slash, didn't they already do that last season when a bunch of mutants got captured and didn't Slash try to help them after he teamed up with Newtralizer, but I'm not too positive on that one.

I also wonder how often we'll see this new team. Will they help the turtles with Shredder or will they only fight the Kraang.
Well there are differences in opinion, but I will say I definitely saw it as Leo being upset that Slash seemed to just carelessly toss out Pete as bait without a care for his wellbeing if it went south. And yeah, Mikey can handle himself if things go wrong so there's a big difference between Leo and Slash in that regard. But that's the whole point later on when The Mutanimals are caught by the Kraang and Slash is despondent for his failure. He found himself in a situation where he realized he couldn't protect his team, his family. He made the right call by giving up but still, that was a hard thing for him and it really brought to light what Leo was trying to get at.

As for them working with Slash before, the instance where they found all the mutants captured Slash didn't attack /them/, but he didn't team up with the Turtles either. He was still out for his own skin and just wanted to escape, not caring about anyone else. As for his team up with Newtralizer, the point of that was to show his character shifting in his views. In the beginning him and Newt were basically just up for smashing Kraang and who cares about anything else. But when Newt starts going after Raph and all, Slash starts realizing this is what he wants. It is a nice setup for him leading the Mutanimals though, showing he does want a team and family like the Turtles have. But that team up was more along the lines of 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' kind of scenario. Newt and Slash were kinda doing good, yes. But they still weren't exactly noble good guys, as Newt showed later. For the Turtles it was a means to the goal, working with them. Doesn't mean Leo had to like it, or want it and so in these episodes where they sorta had a choice in working together, Leo wasn't going to go with it if he didn't have to, and then only grudgingly at first.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #46
SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

I guess I just saw that scene a little bit differently. It didn't seem to me that Slash just threw the pigeon out there during that fight as bait. It was probably only one of the few scenes I didn't like in the two parter.
Old March 18th, 2015, 03:43 AM   #47
Akumaru
Power Ranger

A Great Episode of TMNT and the Mighty Morphing Mutants reference of PR amazing
Akumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 08:10 AM   #48
Allio
Power Ranger

for anyone reading the IDW comics

Donatello

was killed by Bebop and Rocksteady
Allio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 08:31 AM   #49
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post

Donatello

He won't be back as Robocop again will he?
Cameron Samurai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 01:01 PM   #50
John Pannozzi
Power Ranger

Turtle Power is being nominated for a Home Media award. I hope people here vote for it.

http://m.homemediamagazine.com/awards-vote
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #51
night ranger
X-Man till i die

Quote:

Donatello

Oh yeah, like that will stick. What are the odds on Donnie having a healing factor.
night ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 06:58 PM   #52
Allio
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by night ranger View Post
Oh yeah, like that will stick. What are the odds on Donnie having a healing factor.
in a free comic book day preview, it is revealed taht Donatello is on life support.

they will need to make a deal with a devil to save his life. Un/fortunately that will probably when the Patheon/The Rat King will appear

Old March 18th, 2015, 08:52 PM   #53
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Quote:
in a free comic book day preview, it is revealed taht Donatello is on life support.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8464626688/hDC784289/

https://41.media.tumblr.com/1c2eea35...jc8o1_1280.jpg
Thank goodness. I could not believe that they'd actually kill one of the turtles.
ranger_scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015, 02:05 AM   #54
Akumaru
Power Ranger

I wonder who Sherreder is going to deal with Two Mutants Teams, since one little things, the Mighty Morphing Mutants if were in Sherreder side, will do a better job, the mutants he have in is side
Akumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015, 07:30 AM   #55
⚡Titanium321

Mighty Mutanimals is not a power rangers reference. Mutanimals is a name from the Archie Comics. The Mighty Mutanimals predate the Power Rangers, even.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015, 01:47 PM   #56
Allio
Power Ranger

so apparently "Death of Donatello" is going for $45 - $200 on Ebay, I guess this will be the next issue 10/Leonardo Micro
Old March 19th, 2015, 04:07 PM   #57
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

Thought I'd ask with the current tv series, IDW comics and movie from last year, how among the different versions of the Shredder would you rank by most to least evil? Haven't read the IDW comics so can't say on that, and missed a lot of the current cartoon's eps to really make a decision, and not sure how to rank the recent movie. But from the old rankings before the 2012 cartoon, know a lot of folks ranked as thus, s I once put in the old thread:

1. 2003 series
2. Original movies
3. 1987 series
4. Mirage comics
5. Next Mutation

So how would you guys rank?
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015, 04:37 PM   #58
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

I forgot to say earlier that the Turtle Blimp from the most recent episode was pretty cool.
ranger_scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015, 06:24 PM   #59
Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

I'm hoping we'd get Cyborg Donatello out of this, like in the Image comics.
Mr Tuesday II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015, 06:29 PM   #60
Allio
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwolf Ranger View Post
1. 2003 series
2. Original movies
3. 1987 series
4. Mirage comics
5. Next Mutation
top 5? easily