RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:47 AM   #1461
Kaigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Evil View Post
Why is the season only 9 episodes? That really surprised me.

The actress playing Rocki seems so familiar to me, but I can't place her.
This is the first half. The other half will be released later.
Kaigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:40 AM   #1462
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh Prime View Post
This is the first half. The other half will be released later.
Oh. Thanks.

Never been a huge fan of that, but it must work, because they keep doing that.
The 2nd Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 01:13 PM   #1463
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

So I'm pretty much at the end of the season and have decided that this season has too many musical numbers.

EDIT: Ever get to a point where you consider skipping an episode? Because Joey's kids are back and NO GOD WHY.

EDIT2: HOLY CRAP! They brought back Jesse's dad!
Jimmy and Steph are gonna try having a baby together! Matt's gonna propose! Steve now knows DJ is still in love with him!

Damn you, midseason finale cliffhanger!

Last edited by GreenMystechRanger; September 22nd, 2017 at 03:16 PM.
GreenMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 06:45 PM   #1464
MasterMystechRanger
The One You Love to Hate

I definitely suggest people wait to watch the season til the rest of the episodes are out. That was an evil cliffhanger.

And I was so tempted to push the "next" button when Joey/his family came on.
MasterMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 12:16 AM   #1465
Serpenterix
Power Ranger

Thank god Ramona dumped that jackass Popko. I was disappointed in the premiere when she predictably was still with him.

And I'm definitely Team Steve at this point. DJ has been wishy washy since the show started and you can't deny feelings for someone when you keep battling yourself like that. I have nothing against Matt and if Steve never existed he'd probably be good with DJ too but I feel Steve makes more sense. And honestly the way they keep playing Steve and DJ's feeling up it would be a cop out if they don't end up together at this point.
We'll see though, as Full House did not have too many serious moments (but the ones they did have were pretty meaningful) and this show has remained pretty lighthearted so far so I'm interested to see where they go with this.

And in my opinion, after reading that article posted, just recast Michelle. You don't need to add her to the main cast but a guest appearance would suffice. Although the way Franklin is talking he's holding out on one of them still changing their mind so in other words the character will never be seen again. I'm not a fan of the character but what was a recurring gag about her not being around is becoming kinda sad. The episode with Steph and her
baby woes
is one that stood out, you forget she has another sister at times since it's only DJ there. All of their family comes together but Michelle is still absent and so far I think she was only referenced once this season but that was more of an Olsen jab than the actual character. But if Franklin still has hope they'll reconsider then you might as well accept they won't recast and the show will end without her ever showing up unless hopefully years from now they get to their finale and decide to recast then for a cameo.

Last edited by Serpenterix; September 23rd, 2017 at 12:26 AM.
Serpenterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 02:56 AM   #1466
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

They could always have Michelle making a phone call to them and just have someone imitating her voice, ending the call with one of her stock catchphrases. Or at the end of the next half of the season, have them say that Jackson's going to New York for the summer and he'll be staying with his Aunt Michelle, then have a recast for her in S4 premiere if the Olsens are still saying no.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:39 AM   #1467
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpenterix View Post
I think she was only referenced once this season but that was more of an Olsen jab than the actual character.
Was she? I don't even remember that one.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 11:03 AM   #1468
Darthbane2007
Power Ranger

They really to need to let this go. If the Olsens do not want to do it, then that is there decision...
Darthbane2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 12:36 PM   #1469
MasterMystechRanger
The One You Love to Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMystechRanger View Post
Was she? I don't even remember that one.
I vaguely remember Ramona mentioning the Olsen Twins or maybe their dress collection. Though I watched most the episodes tired, so I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthbane2007 View Post
They really to need to let this go. If the Olsens do not want to do it, then that is there decision...
Just like it's the writers and cast's right to poke fun at them.
MasterMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 04:00 AM   #1470
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Before I start this, this is no way an insult towards the show or the actor/character.

Still a few eps into Season 2, and this is just an observation on my part, if Max doesn't come out as gay when he hits his teens (if the show makes it that far) I'm going to be really shocked. He really reminds me of Michelle's friend Derek from the original show, and to larger extent, Jonathan Bower from Who's the Boss?

I don't know if it's the character or the actor himself, but like Jonathan from WTB and Derek, I'm not going to buy this kid having a relationship with a girl down the road.
Old September 24th, 2017, 10:50 PM   #1471
c_dude
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMystechRanger View Post
I vaguely remember Ramona mentioning the Olsen Twins or maybe their dress collection. Though I watched most the episodes tired, so I could be wrong.
That was actually in the first season. I don't think there was even any mention of Michelle or the Olsens this season (so far) .

The parts in the trailer though where the girls talk about still living in the house after 30 years, and the guys come back to celebrate the 30th anniversary of them all becoming a family, was that just for the trailer or did I miss something? I kept waiting for that to come as I watched the season, and didn't see it.
c_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 11:03 PM   #1472
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_dude View Post
That was actually in the first season. I don't think there was even any mention of Michelle or the Olsens this season (so far) .

The parts in the trailer though where the girls talk about still living in the house after 30 years, and the guys come back to celebrate the 30th anniversary of them all becoming a family, was that just for the trailer or did I miss something? I kept waiting for that to come as I watched the season, and didn't see it.
It'll probably be in the second half of the season. This is just the first half.

Which makes the whole "It's been exactly thirty years!" thing a little less... special for people watching.
Old September 24th, 2017, 11:39 PM   #1473
BlackMystechRanger
Chameleon Green

Yes, this half season took place over the summer, the first season of the original Full House had them all in school iirc.

I hate Joey's children, HATE them, they have no redeeming qualities and Joey is a horrible parent, those little shits shouldn't have gone to Disneyland. Somthey were technically good for one or two hours, who cares? The punishment should have been for all the shit they pulled before.

And why didn't Kimmy step in? Who cares if they're Joey's children, I would have told him to take a hike and stay at a hotel and that his children are no longer welcome if they behave like that. They were literally assaulting Max.
BlackMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 12:42 AM   #1474
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

Yeah, Joey's kids are easily the worst characters in this show. By far.

Nothing about them is funny. They're annoying as hell, and seriously Joey is a bad parent. Them going to Disneyland did piss me off because they literally tortured Max. And yet they get a reward.

Great parenting there, Joey.
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:27 AM   #1475
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

My question is: How did Steph and DJ (can't count Michelle because we never see her) turn out so well, but Joey's kids and Nicky & Alex turn out so bad? You'd think with at least Danny, Becky, and the older Tanner girls there to help out, that at least Nicky & Alex would have turned out more responsible.
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:58 AM   #1476
BlackMystechRanger
Chameleon Green

Nicky and Alex are stupid but otherwise seem to be well adjusted and nice, so I think Jesse and Becky did a good job on that front. Some people just aren't smart, you can't make a genius out of an airhead.
BlackMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:09 AM   #1477
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

That's true. I kind of wish they'd make those two regulars since they can't the Olsens back.

I realize that the guys who play the twins only just come back for once per season cameos and probably have careers outside of acting, but given that they obviously had plans for Michelle to be in the show, I don't see why those plans couldn't have been altered to fit Nicky & Alex since those two were willing to return.
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #1478
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

So... where's the rest of the season? I want it now, especially after that cliffhanger.
The 2nd Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 11:19 AM   #1479
Pink Warrior
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Evil View Post
So... where's the rest of the season? I want it now, especially after that cliffhanger.
The 2nd half is going to be released in December. According to amazon.com the DVD for the 2nd season is also coming out in December too as well.
Pink Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #1480
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMystechRanger View Post

Just like it's the writers and cast's right to poke fun at them.
Ramona: I got a new dress from the Olsen Twins collection!

Kimmy (looks at price tag): Yikes! With prices like these, no wonder they don't have to act anymore.

I'm not 100% sure, but there may have been a look toward the camera. That one went by so fast, by the time I looked up, they were onto the next bit of dialogue.

Tags
unbreakable kimmy gibbler