RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #1
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Fuller House

Right after the success of Girl Meets World, the sequel to Boy Meets World, another program might be a sequel. Warner Bros. is eyeing a revival of Full House.

Quote:
Leading the charge is John Stamos (Uncle Jesse) — who has an ownership stake in the show, which gives him good reason to champion the new series. Original executive producer Bob Boyett and creator Jeff Franklin (who's writing the new version) are actively involved. Candace Cameron Bure (D.J.), Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) and Andrea Barber (Kimmy) are on board, while Bob Saget (Danny) and Dave Coulier (Joey) are also involved in some way.
The project is in very early stages, so we'll see what happens. I'm up for this if it turns out to be a good program.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Full-Hou...l-1086245.aspx

Last edited by ranger_scout; August 14th, 2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Changing title
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Everything old is new again. Especially when the old people are all still around.

I'm sure the Olsen twins would do a cameo. And what are the Tuomy twins up to these days? Lori Loughlin not having already chimed in surprises me.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #3
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Have WWE produce it. Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0-YOqmoz0
Cameron Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Movie-Brat
Power Ranger

No, no and no. As I keep saying elsewhere, the world does not need another Full House. New of season of Hannibal, hell yeah. More Breaking Bad like Better Call Saul; double hell yeah. A Full House revival, no. Hell no.
Movie-Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #5
Kyle16
Figuring it out

I'll believe it when I see it. This rumor pops up every once in a while, most recently when Girl meets world was green lit. And sure enough this article mentions that here too. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same false rumor being reported as a new one.

While I'm glad it seems to be working out for Girl Meets World, Full House is probably better left in the past. I might be biased though, I always thought it was too corny for me, even as a kid. I did watch it though, mostly because I didn't have many options at the time.

I did enjoy the bit they did on Fallon (not counting that awful wig...) But a series is a whole different beast.

I'll probably only give this a fair shake if the Olsen twins are involved, just because they never seem to associate with the show anymore. Anytime we get a reunion of any kind they are nowhere to be seen, like they are ashamed of it or above it somehow.
Kyle16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #6
Kaixa
9-1-3

I'm on board for a revival...Only if they bring back Mr.Woodchuck back.
Kaixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #7
PlayingMonk
Benta'd

This is easily the best news I've heard all week. I really hope this happens.
PlayingMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #8
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo Haim Saban View Post
Everything old is new again. Especially when the old people are all still around.

I'm sure the Olsen twins would do a cameo. And what are the Tuomy twins up to these days? Lori Loughlin not having already chimed in surprises me.
The Tuomy twins retired the second the show ended, so if Nicky & Alexander show up in the new show, I'd expect a recast

I wonder how much of the original cast will show up for this. As someone said, The Olsen Twins would most likely just do quick cameos, and Bob Saget's worked too hard on distancing himself from Danny Tanner to do a full time gig, so he'd probably just stick to doing guest appearances as well.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #9
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
I'm on board for a revival...Only if they bring back Mr.Woodchuck back.
Bring back Mr. Woodchuck!
Although his catchphrase would take a WHOLE new meaning.
GreenMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #10
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

Don't know on this, as Full House by itself was ok, though would've preferred its ending having Danny remarry and Joey find love, or DJ graduate then life goes on rather than just Michelle's amnesia.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #11
⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Bob Saget should easily fall back into the family friendly scene if this is legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLazfBlUkfk
Lord Buttus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #12
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Haim Saban View Post
Bob Saget should easily fall back into the family friendly scene if this is legit.
So I'm the only one who remembers Raising Dad and Surviving Suburbia?
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #13
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwolf Ranger View Post
Don't know on this, as Full House by itself was ok, though would've preferred its ending having Danny remarry and Joey find love, or DJ graduate then life goes on rather than just Michelle's amnesia.
As I recall, the Michelle gets Amnesia thing was only supposed to be the season finale. The cancellation of the show was an 11th hour thing and the producers didn't have time to come up with a grand finale. The WB Network was going to steal the show from ABC for it's new fledgling ntwork, but John Stamos didn't like the idea of a hit show going to a network no one's ever heard of, and Candace Cameron wanted to leave the show for college, only doing random appearances.

So without those two, everyone involved decided to just end the show right there, and by that point there wasn't time to craft a true finale.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #14
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle16 View Post
Full House is probably better left in the past. I might be biased though, I always thought it was too corny for me, even as a kid. I did watch it though, mostly because I didn't have many options at the time.

I did enjoy the bit they did on Fallon (not counting that awful wig...) But a series is a whole different beast.

I'll probably only give this a fair shake if the Olsen twins are involved, just because they never seem to associate with the show anymore. Anytime we get a reunion of any kind they are nowhere to be seen, like they are ashamed of it or above it somehow.
I agree with you as well, I loved it as a child but then rewatching it again I find it too corny. It's the fault of half the cast like the olsen twins, Bob Saget and the guy who plays Joey. When ever they spoke they sounded like a low budget commercial. It was painfully obvious especially for Michelle and Danny that they were actors trying to act and failing miserably at it. I couldn't stand Michelle's catch phrases either they didn't seem natural at all such as "you got it dude" then there was "oh puleeeassee". Most of the time they over acted just like Najee's portrayal of Kevin in Samurai.

With that said D.J, Steph, Jessie, Rebecca and the others did an amazing job, however sadly when the show progressed it focused more and more on Michelle instead of giving equal treatment to all.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #15
WoodenGlory
Don't Let's Morphin Time!

If Girl Meets World can do a revival properly, then my only question is whether this one would follow the same sort of idea.

As in, it's aiming for both old and new fans.
WoodenGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #16
⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo Haim Saban View Post
So I'm the only one who remembers Raising Dad and Surviving Suburbia?
Yes. But maybe that's for the best?
Lord Buttus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #17
Dinorider37
Harness the Power

How would this even work??? The Olsens are not gonna do it that for sure well maaaybe a cameo Maybe.

If they want this to work then I would go the Modern Family route and follow 3 families

-The Katsopolis family of Jesse and Becky with the twin boys finishing up college and living at home.

~Joey lives in their in law sweet.

-The Hale family of DJ and Steve they have 3 kids of their own.

~Kimmi G lives up the street from them. Cameo's from time to time.

-Stephanie Tanner lives by herself and enjoys the single life in the city.

~Michele cameos a couple of times.

Danny and his wife stop by often to visit everyone.

Just an idea.

Last edited by Dinorider37; August 26th, 2014 at 05:02 PM.
Dinorider37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #18
bobrob2004
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinorider37 View Post
snip
I think you'd have to keep the same premise of the original show, which is have a bunch of people living in one house raising some kids. In this case, the kids would probably have to be either D.J.'s and/or Stephanie's.

Like with Girl Meets World, you can't have everyone come back - at least not in a starring role.
bobrob2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #19
PlayingMonk
Benta'd

Maybe the economy forces Steph and DJ to raise their kids together under one roof with the help of uncle joey and uncle jesse since both their husbands died or left them or whatever.
PlayingMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 05:56 PM   #20
jediranger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDrake2000 View Post
The cancellation of the show was an 11th hour thing and the producers didn't have time to come up with a grand finale.
That seemed to happen a few times for shows that were part of the TGIF lineup. Family Matters had the same thing happen in that they were expecting a last season, but then got cancelled before we got to see Urkel and Laura get married.
jediranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unbreakable kimmy gibbler