RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: On a Scale of 1-5, how would you rate this movie?
1. Diagnosis: Destroy 1 1.82%
2. Diagnosis: Regrettable 0 0%
3. Diagnosis: I am satisfied with this movie 4 7.27%
4. Diagnosis: Big 24 43.64%
5. Diagnosis: Immortal 26 47.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 2nd, 2014, 05:22 PM   #81
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

I can also see a Baymax plushie being released. Have it in two varieties, one with the armor and one without the armor as the squishy white fat robot, and we're gold. Or possibly make squishy white fat robot plushie with detachable armor.
Quantum Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:40 AM   #82
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

Aww, no Silver Samurai? I guess Fox owns the movie rights to the character, what with him appearing in The Wolverine.
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 02:37 PM   #83
christopherjohn
VIP Rider

johnboy3434 wrote: View Post

Aww, no Silver Samurai? I guess Fox owns the movie rights to the character, what with him appearing in The Wolverine.
More like him being a X-men/Wolverine villain(at one time) and being a Mutant with the blanket rights they have those guys.
christopherjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 02:37 PM   #84
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Sunfire/Sunpyre is apparently out too.

Which is fine by me. Beyond Silver Samurai, which I'm not that big a fan of anyway, I never heard of the other BH6 characters so I'm curious at what Disney does with them.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 02:39 PM   #85
christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

Sunfire/Sunpyre is apparently out too.

Which is fine by me. Beyond Silver Samurai, which I'm not that big a fan of anyway, I never heard of the other BH6 characters so I'm curious at what Disney does with them.
Yes Sunfire/pyre are mutants there for Fox has them unless a deal is made where Marvel can use them. And you don't like Silver Samurai he's freaking awesome. He can cut through almost anything that is a wicked mutant ability teamed with his samurai training.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 02:55 PM   #86
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

More like him being a X-men/Wolverine villain(at one time) and being a Mutant with the blanket rights they have those guys.
Then how is it that the MCU is making use of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? Hell, assuming the former ends up in the next X-Men film as well as Avengers 2, we're going to have two completely different versions of the same character in two different movies from two different studios, both in theaters at the same time. I can only think of two occasions when that's happened before (and both were James Bond-related).
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 03:49 PM   #87
christopherjohn
VIP Rider

johnboy3434 wrote: View Post

Then how is it that the MCU is making use of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? Hell, assuming the former ends up in the next X-Men film as well as Avengers 2, we're going to have two completely different versions of the same character in two different movies from two different studios, both in theaters at the same time. I can only think of two occasions when that's happened before (and both were James Bond-related).
More then likely money exchanged hands for the right to use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Joss wanted to use those characters and Disney/Marvel paid for the rights. Remember Kevin came out and said they shared the rights. Which is fishy because Fox sued Marvel in the past over rights. So the most logical guess is Marvel/Disney paid for the rights to use them and they can't be mutants or related to Magneto.
Old June 4th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #88
⚡McAster
I engage in motion

The point of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch was made due to some open ended wording in the original rights agreements and the fact over sixty percent of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch appearances are outside of X-Men comics and are more directly tied to Avengers IP licensing and merchandising overall. For example the first live action Scarlet Witch was done under the Avengers licensing (Spider-Man was under his own IP brand rights and was before the live action film rights were given to Columbia, a whole odd issue in it's own right).

Rather than both sides fighting over it as at the time it was a "whomever used it first" followed by a "we'll sue you if you use them" threat by both sides, Marvel Studios gave FOX money and FOX had more leeway with Fantastic Four and X-Men. Also aye, agreement by Marvel that they wouldn't use mutants as an idea or concept (everyone has to be given powers somehow) and several other undisclosed pestering rights issues we [the public] aren't even considering. Perhaps something to do with the kree?

As for Big Hero 6. I do like the art style and designs. Still very much from what the original inspiration was, but like Hercules or the Snow Queen, very much Disney originals.
McAster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 01:45 AM   #89
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Yeah, so this flew under the radar.

At this event held mid-June for Pixar's Inside Out/Disney's Big Hero 6, they had these boxes that showed off more artwork. While its still LQ, we can at least see their faces.

Old June 25th, 2014, 02:40 AM   #90
tasti man LH
Just One Life

Pseudo-hardsuits, a la Bubblegum Crisis?

Yes plz.
tasti man LH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #91
leolim
Power Ranger

Still need silver samurai though.
leolim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2014, 06:22 PM   #92
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

It's time to meet all the members of Power Rangers Hero Force....I mean Disney's The Avengers...I mean Hero Sentai Sixranger...I mean Super Disney Team Hyperforce 6...I mean, BIG HERO 6:

REALLY promising. Can't wait to see these guys in action.
Old June 29th, 2014, 06:44 PM   #93
GaryBCP
Power Ranger

McAster wrote: View Post

Also aye, agreement by Marvel that they wouldn't use mutants as an idea or concept (everyone has to be given powers somehow) and several other undisclosed pestering rights issues we [the public] aren't even considering. Perhaps something to do with the kree?
There is still the whole issue with the Skrulls, as they are also said to be under a similar set of circumstances between Fox and Marvel. With more Kree being used in MCU like Ronan, possibly Kurath and the T.A.H.I.T.I corpse there are no doubt plans to at some point do the Kree / Skrull war, it has been rumored since before even Avengers came out and still crops up.

Personally I think Marvel if they do have to give Witch and Quicksilver new power origins will have it be through Terrigan crystals (which briefly empowered QS after M-Day... and allow for expansion of there Inhuman property which is a goal since they have been pushing them hard in print recetly.) or just throw in it being a result of Strucker genetically altering them.
GaryBCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2014, 07:17 PM   #94
HikaruonR
Power Ranger

It's time to meet all the members of Power Rangers Hero Force....I mean Disney's The Avengers...I mean Hero Sentai Sixranger...I mean Super Disney Team Hyperforce 6...I mean, BIG HERO 6:

http://i.imgur.com/HPrSVyK.jpg

REALLY promising. Can't wait to see these guys in action.
And BayMax is the Megazord XD
HikaruonR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #95
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Now people are targeting Wasabi No-Ginger, accusing them of Blackwashing.

Seriously. Because lord knows we haven't had enough of that in the MCU with Nick Fury and Heimdall...

The only criticism I can agree with is a lack of Marvel's name on the poster. Marvel's name being shown there could really help in attracting viewers, but on the other hand I theorize that Marvel's not attached because they don't want to be bombarded with questions like "Where are the Avengers in this movie?".
Old June 29th, 2014, 08:52 PM   #96
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Seriously. Because lord knows we haven't had enough of that in the MCU with Nick Fury and Heimdall...
Fury had an excuse, as he's been black long before the MCU, at least in the Ultimate universe.
GalaxyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2014, 09:15 PM   #97
christopherjohn
VIP Rider

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

Fury had an excuse, as he's been black long before the MCU, at least in the Ultimate universe.
Exactly and it was based on Sam Jackson so you see why they got Sam Jackson to play him.
Old June 29th, 2014, 10:30 PM   #98
Kyle16
Figuring it out

Honey Lemon looks like Rapunzel in a costume.
Kyle16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #99
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

I just see that as a continuation of Disney's "style" started with Tangled and continued with Frozen. After all, for a while, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin had a similar style too.

Better not let Jon Negroni know though, else we get another crazy theory at how Big Hero 6 is connected with Tangled, Frozen and Little Mermaid.
Old June 30th, 2014, 04:52 AM   #100
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

There is nothing wrong with Wasabi being black; remember this is supposed to be a fusion of Japan and the US; and we have a lot more ethnic diversity than Japan does so this sort of thing doesn't offend me.

And yeah, Honey Lemon is definitely Rapunzel. (well Rapunzel pre-haircut)
Ataruman is online now   Reply With Quote