RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old February 5th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Thunderbirds Are Go!

ITV are joining forces with Weta Worskshop (Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit) to produce a new 26-part Thunderbirds television series. Leading the writing will be Rob Hoege and will be a mix of CGI and live-action (no strings attached this time folks)

The new series will air on ITV and CITV (meaning it'll likely be on during weekend mornings where both channels share a simo-cast) in 2015.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/ne...in-2015/295601
Cameron Samurai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #2
XxStarlightxX
I'M NOT STARLIGHT.STUDIOS

eBay
I heard about this just before I walked out the door, I heard something about thunderbirds, cgi, new series and 2015, didn't catch it all otherwise I was gonna be late for work
XxStarlightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #3
WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

*sqeee* I love Thunderbirds/Captain Scarlet. CS got a CGI TV series a few years back, so a live action Thunderbirds sounds pretty cool (so long as it is nothing like the live action film).
WhiteMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #4
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Interview with the voice of Parker, David Graham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21340083

So it's just half an hour this time instead of the fifty-minute length. Damn it all, but understandable.
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #5
WatcherMark
Wubbalubbadubdub!

You know, I'm kinda cynical about this given that ITV have seemingly waited until Gerry Anderson had died before commencing any work on it... like they didn't want to risk getting his seal of disapproval over it.

Regardless, it's got to be better than the last live-action effort.
WatcherMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #6
XxStarlightxX
I'M NOT STARLIGHT.STUDIOS

eBay
WatcherMark wrote: View Post

You know, I'm kinda cynical about this given that ITV have seemingly waited until Gerry Anderson had died before commencing any work on it... like they didn't want to risk getting his seal of disapproval over it.

I actually agree with you there, its appalling how they did this
XxStarlightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #7
WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

*holds hands up to ears* LA LA LA LA That never happeend! I can't believe that Commander Riker directed that piece of crap.

To think I was so excited to hear that was coming out, only for it to be a film about kids saving the Thunderbirds and about 5 minutes of actually seeing the ships in action. I do really want this to be good, the old puppet series is still a masterpiece, even if it never had an official ending.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #8
Akumaru
Power Ranger

This will be fun, another remake show, I hope don be canceled like happens to ThunderCats.
Akumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #9
PedroMcNamara
www.TaurianFilms.com

hmm i dunno, i love my supermarianation.
PedroMcNamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #10
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Internutt wrote: View Post

*sqeee* I love Thunderbirds/Captain Scarlet. CS got a CGI TV series a few years back, so a live action Thunderbirds sounds pretty cool (so long as it is nothing like the live action film).
Let's hope they treat it better than that. Gerry Anderson's New Captain Scarlet was buried inside Ministry of Mayhem, with the result that it wasn't seen by the intended audience - it was meant to be family viewing, not a kids show.
Digifiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #11
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

New info coming in: Cast announced for the revival

Generations of Thunderbirds fans remember him as the devoted chauffeur behind the wheel in Lady Penelope's pink Rolls Royce in Thunderbirds.

Now it has been announced that the actor who uttered those familiar words "Yes M'Lady" is to reprise the role in a remake of the 1960s TV series.

David Graham is the only original cast member to return in Thunderbirds Are Go! which will air on ITV in 2015.

Former Bond actress Rosamund Pike will play Lady Penelope.

The new show, now in production, will be a mix of CGI animation and live-action miniature sets.

"I am triple chuffed to be on board the new series of Thunderbirds Are Go! and reprising my role of dear old Parker with such a distinguished cast," said Graham.

"My driving skills are in good nick and I am delighted to be behind the wheel again with M'Lady."

Rosamund Pike, who starred in 2002's Die Another Day and the recent sci-fi comedy film The World's End, said she was "very excited to bring Lady Penelope's wry wit and taste for adventure" to a new generation.

"Exploring the scenes with David Graham has been an absolute delight. The scripts are very modern, very fresh and very funny. We're all eagerly anticipating our next stint in the recording studio!"

Thunderbirds, created by Gerry Anderson and his second wife, Sylvia, was first broadcast on ITV in 1965. Anderson died last year aged 83.
Two original Thunderbirds puppets, Lady Penelope and her chauffer Parker with FAB 1 the Rolls Royce are on display in a window in Central London The original Thunderbirds puppets of Lady Penelope Parker with FAB 1 Rolls Royce on display in 2002

Featuring the Tracy family's emergency rescue service and their catchphrase "Thunderbirds are go!", the "supermarionation" puppet show became popular again in the 1990s.

It spawned two films in the 1960s, as well as a live-action movie adaptation in 2004.

The new voice cast also includes Kayvan Novak as inventor Brains; Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Tracy brothers Gordon and John; and Rasmus Hardiker as the youngest and oldest Tracy brothers Alan and Scott.

The fifth Tracy brother, Virgil, will be played by David Menkin. Tracy Island matriarch Grandma Tracy is voiced by Sandra Dickinson and the villainous The Hood is played by Andres Williams.

A number of new characters not in the original series will also be introduced.

Thunderbirds Are Go! is produced by ITV Studios and New Zealand-based Pukeko Pictures, with the Weta Workshop (Avatar, King Kong, The Lord of the Rings) designing the series and producing the miniatures.

The 26 episodes will debut on ITV and CITV Channel.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24331517
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #12
Akumaru
Power Ranger

I hope have sucess and not happens the same with happens to ThunderKats
Akumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Almighty_CRJ
Almighty_CRJ

WatcherMark wrote: View Post

You're misunderstanding the live action part. Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds, Stingray & Thomas the tank engine (directed by a Captain Scarlet modeller BTW) all use live action 'animation'.

It's scaled miniatures but filmed live as shot. Since the models are all RC, there's no need to switch the camera off.

Like the Captain Scarlet remake, the characters are likely to be CGI, to allow for dubbing.
Almighty_CRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #14
MK19
Power Ranger

Hopefully this can make up for that awful awful movie.
MK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #15
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

One thing not mentioned in the BBC article, Angel Coulby, who played Gwen in Merlin, will be voicing one of the new characters, Kayo.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...tv-series.html
Digifiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #16
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Miranda Frost is in this?

Nifty.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #17
mitofox
Power Ranger

I don't care if the human cast are live-actors or CG puppets as long as the Thunderbird vehicles and the location sets were done with miniatures (or Big-atures, if you will.)
mitofox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #18
SephStuff
Power Ranger

Well I'm excited about this. Well I want the story and things to be good, I don't really care if I get some cool toys out of it
SephStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #19
⚡Titanium321

I think it would actually work well with Stop Motion in the style of Robot Chicken. Just with you know, some better designed puppets and effects.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:20 AM   #20
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

New viral vid with the first glimpse of Thunderbird II

http://hi-secure.net/