RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 24th, 2017, 06:24 AM   #3381
GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay
I saw $5 boxes last night listed as x45 value. Couldn’t resist grabbing those.
GaoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 06:37 AM   #3382
RiffRanger
Totally Uncalled For

I try to hold out for the ones offering two legendary shards now. If I didn’t, I would definitely go broke.
RiffRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:47 AM   #3383
TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

ASJ is going to be at the NWay booth at some event at the beginning of October. He posted on his facebook page that he will be battling people and there will be some "cool announcements." Last time this happened was JDF with White Ranger. I'm expecting Gold Ranger this time
TyrannoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:37 AM   #3384
DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffRanger View Post
I try to hold out for the ones offering two legendary shards now. If I didn’t, I would definitely go broke.
Yay, TWO Mesogog or Magna assist shards!
DaybreakRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 03:21 PM   #3385
NeoPhoenix86
Power Ranger

Has anyone else seen Characters show up in the Featured character sections and used coins to buy up the shards to unlock them? I've only done it for Mesogog (Leader) and have yet to have it happen since.
NeoPhoenix86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 03:29 PM   #3386
RiffRanger
Totally Uncalled For

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix86 View Post
Has anyone else seen Characters show up in the Featured character sections and used coins to buy up the shards to unlock them? I've only done it for Mesogog (Leader) and have yet to have it happen since.
I've never had that happen. I only buy shards like that if I need just a few to upgrade because it's seriously a terrible deal. I've never had a character I need to unlock come up for sale like that.
Old September 24th, 2017, 05:25 PM   #3387
DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffRanger View Post
I've never had that happen. I only buy shards like that if I need just a few to upgrade because it's seriously a terrible deal. I've never had a character I need to unlock come up for sale like that.
I did this to unlock Lauren, Snide, and Billy leaders, and Trent and Rita assists. I mean it's basically impossible to unlock anything in this game in less than six months without throwing tons of money at it.
Old September 24th, 2017, 05:56 PM   #3388
Windgrail
Suffering from Legacy Lag

If anyone happens to have a few extra Snide leader shards, I only need about 12 more to level up again. I'll kindly donate what I have in turn.
Windgrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 07:06 AM   #3389
SgtReed24
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaybreakRachel View Post
So um... Those $5 boxes are dangerous. I'm really fucking ashamed to say I finally unlocked leader Drakkon tonight, after dropping ~$60 on the game this week. I am really really not proud of that.

I spent about an hour tonight getting used to him. My only gripe with him is that at level 1 he has about 1700 less HP than my Kendrix and Snide, lol. Otherwise, a beast right out of the box as expected. I'm still trying to figure out what assists are best for him though. I'm running Rita/Zack right now, though I also tried Kim, Black Dragon, Billy, and a couple others. Tomorrow I think I'm going to try Psycho Red assist actually, because I could use a fast single-hit setup strike.
Man, I wish I'd have only dropped 60 on this game. lol

When the 5 dollar boxes first came out, I believe I bought all 10 that you could buy and I've bought 2-3 here and there. Plus whatever I had spent before the 5 dollar boxes became a thing. lol

AND I still don't have Ninjor, Koragg, 93 Rita, Drakkon, Black Dragon, Magna Defender Leaders and Koragg, Drakkon, Magna, Mesogog, Psycho Red assists lol

Shit's worse than playing slots in Vegas.
SgtReed24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:46 AM   #3390
GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay
Yea my Apple reciepts are a definite reminder to cut back on spending. The $5 boxes are nice, but very easy to buy too many.
GaoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:50 AM   #3391
BlueSenshi
Balance is EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtReed24 View Post
Man, I wish I'd have only dropped 60 on this game. lol

When the 5 dollar boxes first came out, I believe I bought all 10 that you could buy and I've bought 2-3 here and there. Plus whatever I had spent before the 5 dollar boxes became a thing. lol

AND I still don't have Ninjor, Koragg, 93 Rita, Drakkon, Black Dragon, Magna Defender Leaders and Koragg, Drakkon, Magna, Mesogog, Psycho Red assists lol

Shit's worse than playing slots in Vegas.
With you on that, except I spent nothing on this game. Maybe it's high time I spend a little bit of cash just to get a little forward. Honestly you're not missing out much on Mesogog and Psycho red assists. Both suck ass. One thing I get annoyed though is that it seems I'm soft locked into mesogog assists shards and honestly just give me a leader that's a legendary...IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK NWAY?!! I'm being taunted by Gia, Koragg, Psycho Red and Trent leaders, (they're roughly at 2 shards each) and most likely never gonna unlock Udonna unless I sprinkle some greens onto nWays pockets.
BlueSenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #3392
SgtReed24
Power Ranger

Don't do it lol. That's how it starts...
SgtReed24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #3393
DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Is Mystic Fate the only thing in the game that combos into Magna Defender's ludicrously slow assist?
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:12 PM   #3394
BlueMystechRanger
MYSTECH PLATYPUS POWER!

Finally found a character that I'm just as good with as I am with Kat. Zedd is a fucking beast!
BlueMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:44 PM   #3395
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMystechRanger View Post
Finally found a character that I'm just as good with as I am with Kat. Zedd is a fucking beast!
Lucky, he was my original main villain character but while he started off good I eventually just struggled with him. Of course then I switched to Trakeena just because...and having much the same trouble without the good start. I don't have luck with villains. Last night I pushed myself with my main team(Kat leader), and slogged from around 3600 just barely to 4k to hit L8. I managed to get one box(and of course got none of the L8 characters). Go on this morning to do the villain mission and I figured I wasn't going to keep my L8 status cause honestly things were going south the night before and it was a stupid struggle just to get there. But yeah...got smacked all the way back down to around 3400 which is where I normally have been stuck hovering at. So irritating.

And...got off track! Anyways, glad you found a character that works so well. I've been hit & miss with Kendall lately, but I still like her. Have yet to find anyone that I'm more or less consistently good with as Kat but some day perhaps.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 02:23 AM   #3396
RiffRanger
Totally Uncalled For

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaoHunter View Post
Yea my Apple reciepts are a definite reminder to cut back on spending. The $5 boxes are nice, but very easy to buy too many.
Especially when Apple decides to bundle your purchases and you don’t get charged for a few days and then suddenly they all come out in one huge chunk.
Old September 26th, 2017, 10:04 AM   #3397
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
Why can't I pick Udonna for the Female Team Challenge? Bad programming from Nway?
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 10:30 AM   #3398
BlueMystechRanger
MYSTECH PLATYPUS POWER!

Made it halfway through the All female challenge and then proceeded to get my ass STOMPED by everyone after my first three opponents. I really need better female assist characters. I've become too reliant on Xandred acting as secondary defense :/

Last edited by BlueMystechRanger; September 26th, 2017 at 11:56 AM.
BlueMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 10:44 AM   #3399
BlueSenshi
Balance is EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
Why can't I pick Udonna for the Female Team Challenge? Bad programming from Nway?
This happened with Drakkon, Trent and other characters. It's confusing really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtReed24 View Post
Don't do it lol. That's how it starts...
The temptations there, but I have enough willpower to power through completely F2P. I even got my old character on Star wars the old republic (the MMO) to max level with nothing from my wallet.

But what's annoying as well is that I haven't played a match since 2 weeks ago. I've just been donating and the game is starting to feel more difficult. Plus I keep coming across either Jason (1993), Xandred and Legendaries and it's so frustrating.
BlueSenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #3400
NeoPhoenix86
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMystechRanger View Post
Made it halfway through the All female challenge and then proceeded to get my ass STOMPED by everyone after my first three opponents. I really need better female assist characters. I've become to reliant on Xandred acting as secondary defense :/
That can be a pain. You should switch between different assists during non-challenge matches. Its just fun to test combos, without the stress.
NeoPhoenix86 is offline   Reply With Quote