Maybe 3 16.67%
Maybe
3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 23rd, 2017, 10:24 AM #21
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

You guys are aware this is aimed at Nickelodeon's main demographic of children right? Not us adults.
What? Things are for kids and not adults? Nonsense.

Though, in reality, kids do normally go out and play during that time of day anyway. Regardless of the other networks, that's a dead space time usually for everyone.

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Even as a little kid I just changed the channel to Cartoon Network or Disney Channel. It's not surprising to think that most kids would just change the channel.
....Damn man you're young.

OmniMystechRanger wrote: View Post

The thing bout Nickelodeon day of play is its the samething turn off your computer an such, an go play, an they do same boring routine every year an never change it, yes people are aware the demographics are for the kids but stiill it same boring stuff an they never bring it to other places also nickelodeon does not care bout what others want, its what they want, not true titanium alot feel that your cable or such should have it so we can decide if we want that day or not!
You know the point isn't to entertain anyone, right? It doesn't matter if its boring to you, the point is go outside and play. Be entertained that way. Or go sign up for the events connected to Worldwide Day of Play, which Nick keeps trying to get schools and other places involved in. They don't care if you, the grown adult, doesn't think it matters, they get what they want either way.

Not true what? Who's feeling that your cable should have what? Cable isn't broken down state to state, affiliate to affiliate like broadcast networks are. Cable is one network, Broadcast is several local networks airing package coverage. It's why a Fox or ABC in one area will have different programming in another area at the same time or sometimes how you can pick up one NBC but then also a different NBC over the air because you're in the cross zone of their broadcast reach. But you only get the one Cable network because it's one channel on its own without seeding through different areas, available through whatever package cable or satellite or digital company you go through has to offer. It's two different types of television broadcast essentially.

Exactly that day is pointless an stupid, also nickelodeon feel the need to try an control everything without listening to people! Now days its just as dangerous to play outside cause of all the crime an such! What nickeloeon does is force parenting, which is wrong an should be stopped now, also trying to foce others to get in shape isnt good for network image cause it can backfire! If they want to make change in things, have a special to speak on this!
Or, you know, you could just go outside and play.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 11:32 AM #22
> hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

Nobody has to program anything, it makes the network look responsible and visionary, and anyone that doesn't like it can do whatever the heck they want because reliance on a single television channel instantly makes you realize you're the bad guy in this scenario.

All Nickelodeon does is win here.
hasbro_primo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 11:45 AM #23
> GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

....Damn man you're young.
I didn't think that was new information.
GreenMystechRanger is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 11:51 PM #24
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Nick's use of Worldwide Day of Play seems to be a PR move, probably even a way to get some fancy government funds too. That's the only downside I see to it, it's such a clear publicity stunt without any real care about the topic its supposed to be about. Doesn't make the idea bad though.
And that's very true, even as a PR stunt it can still be beneficial. Yes, Nick could try to make more of an effort but at the same time they're one kids network. It'd be different if it was something that was truly world wide, or even nation wide that actually was done by all the stations or at least kid oriented ones. Then yeah, Nick might look a little more half-assed.

Hmm, thinking about it I feel like I remember back in the earlier days of this they'd actually have stars from their shows out there with the kids and stuff. Do they still do that? I don't really pay attention to the Day of Play stuff. But thinking about it, it would kind of run counter to the whole point of the event. Yeah, we want kids to go out and play so...we're going to grab some of our show stars and show them out with kids playing so the audiences can see...wait a second...haha
Alitain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:31 AM #25
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

Yes nickelodeon still has their stars go to these events, I dont feel this day of play is bennificial to kids, cause of its always in same location, the kids day thing would work better if it changed! As I noticed when at storeds, alot of companies even nickelodeon haa people who dont know what they are doing at all! The thing is always for kids an they have zero stuff for adults to do! Alot of people want cable an such to be broken down to state by state, this way it has better grip on stuff! In the start when I got fox, we got the national feed for it, then it went to local affiliate, I still feel that the world wide day of play needs to modernize an adapt an change, maybe its time to seed thru various areas for nickelodeon an such, an fix it so we can see what they got! As I said it not safe to have kids play outside cause of various stuff, an xenotome is rigt nickelodeon does not care its nothing but status for them! Nickelodeon could do something like a festival with games an rides an food an have debate on playing an such an health, also nickelodeon could do a week long debate on their network an internet an youtube an twitch an such to debate bout it wth various kids an celebrities an such, an try to work it out!
OmniMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:40 AM #26
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

Yes nickelodeon still has their stars go to these events, I dont feel this day of play is bennificial to kids, cause of its always in same location, the kids day thing would work better if it changed! As I noticed when at storeds, alot of companies even nickelodeon haa people who dont know what they are doing at all! The thing is always for kids an they have zero stuff for adults to do! Alot of people want cable an such to be broken down to state by state, this way it has better grip on stuff! In the start when I got fox, we got the national feed for it, then it went to local affiliate, I still feel that the world wide day of play needs to modernize an adapt an change, maybe its time to seed thru various areas for nickelodeon an such, an fix it so we can see what they got! As I said it not safe to have kids play outside cause of various stuff, an xenotome is rigt nickelodeon does not care its nothing but status for them! Nickelodeon could do something like a festival with games an rides an food an have debate on playing an such an health, also nickelodeon could do a week long debate on their network an internet an youtube an twitch an such to debate bout it wth various kids an celebrities an such, an try to work it out!
"And" has a D in it, dude.
Kaigan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 09:01 AM #27
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

Ankh Prime wrote: View Post

"And" has a D in it, dude.
I was hoping someone would say something eventually. It was driving me crazy.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 10:17 AM #28
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

If they wanted to inspire kids to go outside, why not just have 12 hours of their stars doing outdoor activities? Have the kids from the Thundermans hanging out at the beach, showing kids how to enjoy sand activivies; The cast of Henry Danger is at a park, playing extreme sports, skaterboarding, basketball and the like; The Game Shakers kids are at the local Y, playing sports; School of Rock kids are going around town, checking out the various activities; Nicky, Ricky and Dawn (since Dicky's no longer part of the show barring a recast) could be at the local pool showing kids how to have water fun.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 10:26 AM #29
> Xenotome
💎💎Queen Taiki💎💎

Xenotome
💎💎Queen Taiki💎💎

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

If they wanted to inspire kids to go outside, why not just have 12 hours of their stars doing outdoor activities? Have the kids from the Thundermans hanging out at the beach, showing kids how to enjoy sand activivies; The cast of Henry Danger is at a park, playing extreme sports, skaterboarding, basketball and the like; The Game Shakers kids are at the local Y, playing sports; School of Rock kids are going around town, checking out the various activities; Nicky, Ricky and Dawn (since Dicky's no longer part of the show barring a recast) could be at the local pool showing kids how to have water fun.
Because that means they need to pay the cast and entire crew to film it. Kind of counter intuitive to their zero cost large moral benefit of doing it.
Xenotome is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 05:08 PM #30
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

Nickelodeon is also the branch that will shut everything down when the VMAs are on, or when Kids' Choice ANYTHING is running, and try to focus their audience onto one network. (Well, they used to. I think they just simulcast everything now.) I just wonder what kind of ratings the test pattern/program loop will bring in, because wasn't it drawing in more of an audience than PR was at one point?
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:55 PM #31
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

The thing is always for kids an they have zero stuff for adults to do!
Yes. That is the point. Its a network for kids, its an event for kids. Adults don't matter in this situation, why should they?

maybe its time to seed thru various areas for nickelodeon an such, an fix it so we can see what they got!
But even if they were state by state, they'd all go off air to have the Day of Play. Why would they do anything else?

As I said it not safe to have kids play outside cause of various stuff,
It's not safe to sit inside and watch tv all day either.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:22 PM #32
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

Nicky, Ricky and Dawn (since Dicky's no longer part of the show barring a recast)
Wait really? What happened?
BlueMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:55 PM #33
> GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Wait really? What happened?
He posted on instagram that he wanted to move on and do more mature roles or something like that, so he decided to leave.

Now whether this is a Jake Paul situation and he's lying about getting fired, we don't know yet.
GreenMystechRanger is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 09:05 PM #34
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

He posted on instagram that he wanted to move on and do more mature roles or something like that, so he decided to leave.

Now whether this is a Jake Paul situation and he's lying about getting fired, we don't know yet.
Heh...Kinda sucks. Hope the show isn't dependent on all four of them being around. It's the only good live action show Nick has right now.
BlueMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 09:15 PM #35
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

I just realized that the kid's only 13. What 'mature roles' could a 13-year-old get cast in? (I thought he was a little bit older than that. I wonder how old the others are... -- Holy cheese, they're ALL 13-14. I definitely thought they were older.)

Well, I officially feel old now.
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:33 AM #36
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Heh...Kinda sucks. Hope the show isn't dependent on all four of them being around. It's the only good live action show Nick has right now.
According to Aiden Gallagher (Nicky), the role's been recast, but he's not allowed to say with who, although judging by pics he's posted from the set, Dicky will be gone for the last handful of S4 eps, and S5 (which hasn't started production yet) will be when we see the new version. But going by Nick's schedule, we probably won't see S4 air until early next year, and S5 until 2019.

As for Mace wanting more mature roles... I kind of think Nick got wind of his pre-NRDD YouTube videos. 'Bad Cop' especially. If you've ever wanted to see an eight year old drop the f-bomb every other sentence, that's the video for you.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 04:26 AM #37
> OmniMystechRanger

OmniMystechRanger

Sorry to bring this thread back but after what happened with vegas on 250 people hurt and 50 dead people, this is another reason I am for dropping this world wide day of play or changing it completely to festival with live debate on kids health an such! So one person from the show bobby drake mentioned want to do mature rolls, meaning he want to brand out to teen stuff! When an actor or actress leave show it usually mean that show is bout to die! True titanium it not safe to watch tv everyday, but how can person keep others safe with all this terrorism around an crime, an pollution an such, it time for drastic stuff! When nickelodeon does award shows they have it on all their channels, which is stupid as hell, not everyone want to see it, an this going back and dropping 7 pm slot for the full house series is such stupidity, they need to fire who is in charge at the time, an as bobby drake mentioned they could send nickelodeon stars to various places for live remotes, like kira koslin at the beach, but as xenotome said they dont want to have pay them for this! Also as bobby drake said they could have actual 12 hrs of world wide day of play with nick stars at various place thru the country! This has to change cause they need something for kids and adults at it, an also cause of all the trouble in world, they need to change location an how it ran each time! Also the award shows nickelodeon has could be streamed on twitchtv live an that can save the money plus give new outlet for showing things! Same with nickelodeon world day of play they could use twitchtv to show the whole day event, then run it later that week as special on nick! As I said on the coverage for world wide day of play, the cable and satellite an dshnetwork should be able to decide on state by state what to do on covering it, if minnesota here where I am decide to not cover it, then we should be able to get the regular day set of shows and not be forced to carry world wide day of play! An how safe is the location for world wide day of play, do they have extra police for it, do they have security for it hired just for this event alone? Also is that location temporary closed to air traffic? An other forms of traffic, and what bout criminals who sell drugs an target kids for various things, do they have xray machines for security, do they search people an such, so is this event really this safe? Also what bout those who could hack the tv signal an interupt an show something else, so is this really such a good idea for that day? An what about the decisions on the whole world wide day of play and the award shows, like kids choice awards is either in florida or los angelas, is it not time for something new? Also the shows nickelodeon has are plain stupid like ricky and nicky and dicky and dawn are idiots, so is this not time for it to change or just drop the whole thing? An taking the website for nickelodeon an all stuff on it offline that day is another dumb move, an the dropping of 7 pm central tv slot for full house again is not needed, they could get 2 extra hrs of programming if they would stop the stupidity!

Last edited by OmniMystechRanger; October 2nd, 2017 at 04:49 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2017, 05:05 AM #38
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

Sorry to bring this thread back but after what happened with vegas on 250 people hurt and 50 dead people, this is another reason I am for dropping this world wide day of play or changing it completely to festival with live debate on kids health an such! So one person from the show bobby drake mentioned want to do mature rolls, meaning he want to brand out to teen stuff! When an actor or actress leave show it usually mean that show is bout to die! True titanium it not safe to watch tv everyday, but how can person keep others safe with all this terrorism around an crime, an pollution an such, it time for drastic stuff! When nickelodeon does award shows they have it on all their channels, which is stupid as hell, not everyone want to see it, an this going back and dropping 7 pm slot for the full house series is such stupidity, they need to fire who is in charge at the time, an as bobby drake mentioned they could send nickelodeon stars to various places for live remotes, like kira koslin at the beach, but as xenotome said they dont want to have pay them for this! Also as bobby drake said they could have actual 12 hrs of world wide day of play with nick stars at various place thru the country! This has to change cause they need something for kids and adults at it, an also cause of all the trouble in world, they need to change location an how it ran each time! Also the award shows nickelodeon has could be streamed on twitchtv live an that can save the money plus give new outlet for showing things! Same with nickelodeon world day of play they could use twitchtv to show the whole day event, then run it later that week as special on nick! As I said on the coverage for world wide day of play, the cable and satellite an dshnetwork should be able to decide on state by state what to do on covering it, if minnesota here where I am decide to not cover it, then we should be able to get the regular day set of shows and not be forced to carry world wide day of play! An how safe is the location for world wide day of play, do they have extra police for it, do they have security for it hired just for this event alone? Also is that location temporary closed to air traffic? An other forms of traffic, and what bout criminals who sell drugs an target kids for various things, do they have xray machines for security, do they search people an such, so is this event really this safe? Also what bout those who could hack the tv signal an interupt an show something else, so is this really such a good idea for that day? An what about the decisions on the whole world wide day of play and the award shows, like kids choice awards is either in florida or los angelas, is it not time for something new? Also the shows nickelodeon has are plain stupid like ricky and nicky and dicky and dawn are idiots, so is this not time for it to change or just drop the whole thing? An taking the website for nickelodeon an all stuff on it offline that day is another dumb move, an the dropping of 7 pm central tv slot for full house again is not needed, they could get 2 extra hrs of programming if they would stop the stupidity!
Oh my fucking God, I'm not reading that until you break it into paragraphs. Are you serious?
Kaigan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 05:07 AM #39
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 05:09 AM #40
> OmniMystechRanger

OmniMystechRanger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Sorry I had to say what I felt bout this an it time for something to happen!