RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old October 5th, 2017, 08:42 PM   #5441
OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & ANKH PRIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalineRush View Post
Next time, use the space bar plus "and" has a D in the end. It's not "an", it's "and".

Out of those shows, only Power Rangers, Masked Rider, VR Troopers, Beetleborgs and Ninja Turtles had their own comics. There were never comics for Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, Los Luchadores and Mystic Knights.
That why add some original comics on what ya said, then finish the other plots from the various comics not finished, an then huge mega story with it all!
OmniMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 08:48 PM   #5442
Shaman-aka-King
Power Ranger

You do understand that won't happen, do you?
Shaman-aka-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 08:49 PM   #5443
OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & ANKH PRIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman-aka-King View Post
You do understand that won't happen, do you?
Never say never on mega story, it could happen!
Old October 5th, 2017, 08:50 PM   #5444
DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalineRush View Post
Next time, use the space bar plus "and" has a D in the end. It's not "an", it's "and".

Out of those shows, only Power Rangers, Masked Rider, VR Troopers, Beetleborgs and Ninja Turtles had their own comics. There were never comics for Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, Los Luchadores and Mystic Knights.
I think he was making fun of me and my comment. But whatevs.

Actually, some stand alone volumes of the previous PR teamups could be cool. Have them be their own thing instead of taking up space in the Archive volumes.
Would give it space for the possible Youngblood stuff.

I have this image of a JLU-type cover for it. MMPR in the middle with Beetleborgs and Youngblood characters standing behind them, looking ready to run into battle.
(Too bad the Kamen Rider creater hates Masked Rider with the passion of infinite burning suns or he could be on the cover as well.)
DrGreenEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 08:54 PM   #5445
OmniMystechRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGreenEvil View Post
I think he was making fun of me and my comment. But whatevs.

Actually, some stand alone volumes of the previous PR teamups could be cool. Have them be their own thing instead of taking up space in the Archive volumes.
Would give it space for the possible Youngblood stuff.

I have this image of a JLU-type cover for it. MMPR in the middle with Beetleborgs and Youngblood characters standing behind them, looking ready to run into battle.
(Too bad the Kamen Rider creater hates Masked Rider with the passion of infinite burning suns or he could be on the cover as well.)
Actually I wasnt making fun of ya, I was serious, instead of cover, have huge 6 page poster that fold out in the book with them all on it? But after this archive is printed, do new archive an start mega story!
Old October 5th, 2017, 08:59 PM   #5446
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGreenEvil View Post
Too bad the Kamen Rider creater hates Masked Rider with the passion of infinite burning suns or he could be on the cover as well.
I'm pretty sure that's been debunked. Same with that "Jetman was almost adapted into a PR series" thing.
AdrenalineRush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 09:03 PM   #5447
DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

^Ok... Throw him on the cover too!
Like I said - Lets JLU this b!***!!
DrGreenEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #5448
OmniMystechRanger

I am hoping they do archive like bring on the bad guys where they put dozens of books into one! An if they gotta make it a couple sets then so be, like 1st archive all the hamilton comics an marvel comics an image comics an others with all of them follow one another, then boom comics too! An then after all them start new original mega story!

Last edited by OmniMystechRanger; October 5th, 2017 at 09:22 PM.
Old October 5th, 2017, 10:23 PM   #5449
⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM

The Thunder Megazord vs Rito is a nice little throwback to "Ninja Quest". And I think I maybe see Scorpina's scorpion claw coming out as well? I can't wait to have all of the connecting covers!
Zeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 03:21 AM   #5450
SanityOrMadness
TwinkleTwinkleLittleStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddykins View Post
The Thunder Megazord vs Rito is a nice little throwback to "Ninja Quest". And I think I maybe see Scorpina's scorpion claw coming out as well? I can't wait to have all of the connecting covers!
Huh? Where'd you see that one?
SanityOrMadness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 03:37 AM   #5451
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Owning all the individual issues that will be in the archive edition, I can't stress how bad most of it is going to be. 90% of it is cashgrab dreck. I may buy it just to support Boom though as I love what they've been doing.
RedRanger87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 03:48 AM   #5452
monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMystechRanger View Post
I can see people getting upset that they made a joke about the pink ranger being upset that he has to wear pink.

Anyways, seems like they just kinda assigned all the colors to different genders except blue. Interesting choice.

But I'm still disappointed they just used the MMPR suits aswell. Not majorly, since most people pretty much saw it coming, but still.
Eh, I think the MMPR suits were a given. Look at the Wild West Rangers. I like how they played with the genders at leaset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlaena View Post
Eh, given it's the 1960's, I'm willing to give any "guy wearing pink" jokes a pass.

Also, from a story perspective, the fact they have the Zyu/MMPR suits makes sense (since it's the only power source Zordon has access to), but I would've liked to maybe see a little variation here and there.

Side note: Now I wonder if the female Black Ranger we saw in the annual earlier this year could've been the 1969 Black Ranger, lmao.
Yeah. It might've been a problem if that joke appeared in a current team but 1969... yeah, writers get a pass. It would be cool if it was the same female black ranger in the annual (I personally like to think Goushi was among them )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie View Post
I've been wanting a male pink ranger all my life. The joke about him being pink is expected and still funny - I really don't think that it should bother anyone. If it was meant to be anything other than just a nod towards the hilarious, there's all sorts of ways they could've drawn him. Instead, he's just like a regular ranger. I don't think anything hidden/offensive is meant to be there.

(If anything, it's hilarious that the male pink ranger is from '69. That's all.)

I'm looking forward to it!
Sounds right. It didn't look too bad (I need to resee to judge again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami senshi youkaiou View Post
Alpha kidnapped my uncle Nathan, sold him on the deep web for 10,080, and lied about it.

Seriously though on the one hand this looks cool but yeah at some point I wish they would either just make up a team, or use one of the pre Zyu/Man era teams for an older Ranger team instead of recycling the MMPR suits.

Like imagine if instead of 69 it was 75 and they were Goranger.
Yeah, we NEED a team up with Super Sentai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Just seen the group of 69 rangers.

Don't think the pink helmet compliments the masculine figure well.

Eh, it might be just because of who we've seen wear for so many years. I thought the same thing during Gokaiger, but the female to male changes grew on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
Ok, I'm looking forward the archives trade.
YESSSS!!! THAT'S what I've been wanting to hear for a long time. I bummed some PDFs but I would love to buy an archive. I wonder if they had to get permission from the previous companies (part of me thinks yes, another part says "what good are the comics to the original companies anyway?") I remember my aunt reading a PR comic when I was a kid (I distinctly remember her reading out each letter of "P-P-P-Power Rangers" and me knowing, even then, it was supposed to be stuttering. Not making fun, my aunt was the best ). I love it when old comics get another release. Best part? The words "Volume 1". I thought it would be one massive book, but volumes seem promising

Finally, a question: those silly Bulk & Skull/Baboo & Squatt mini stories at the end of each issue; Am I missing some of them if I just buy the volume releases? Thank you for any help
monkeyjb1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 03:48 AM   #5453
Finlaena
A dream of Mad Man Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRanger87 View Post
Owning all the individual issues that will be in the archive edition, I can't stress how bad most of it is going to be. 90% of it is cashgrab dreck. I may buy it just to support Boom though as I love what they've been doing.
Yeah, from what I've read/remember of those comics, they're soulless tie-ins, which was par for the course with those sort of things from back in the day.

Are these going to be digitally recolored, though? Comic printing has gotten significantly more advanced since the 90's, so I wouldn't be surprised if they at least do some kind of retouching.
Finlaena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 04:19 AM   #5454
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlaena View Post
Yeah, from what I've read/remember of those comics, they're soulless tie-ins, which was par for the course with those sort of things from back in the day.

Are these going to be digitally recolored, though? Comic printing has gotten significantly more advanced since the 90's, so I wouldn't be surprised if they at least do some kind of retouching.
They mention it will be remastered, so I'm assuming that means digitally recolored. At least that's what usually happens when comic publishers announce remastered work. That'd be pretty cool to see.
RedRanger87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 04:35 AM   #5455
Danny87
Power Ranger

For those who are interested in what may or may not be in the Archive, rights pending:

HAMILTON
MMPR Saga #1-3 (a truncated retelling of Day of the Dumpster to White Light)
MMPR (Series 1) #1-6
MMPR (Series 2) #1-4

MARVEL
MMPR #1-7
MMPR Ninja Rangers #1-5 (shorter stories as was a flipbook with VR Troopers)
MMPR: The Movie adaptation plus photocomic
Masked Rider#1

Power Rangers Zeo #1
Adverts for aborted Youngblood crossover

[There were also Zeo comics published in the UK]

PAPERCUTZ
MMPR (2 graphic novels and a short)
Samurai (2 graphic novels)
Megaforce (2 graphic novels)

Stuff that may not be included:

SABAN COMICS
Power Rangers Turbo/Beetleborgs Metallix
Power Rangers Turbo: into The Fire
Simple Simon Says

JETIX COMICS
Comics based on Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, Operation Overdrive series from magazines in the UK

Also there may have been Samurai and Megaforce comics?

TOKYOPOP
Ninja Storm (x3)
Dino Thunder: Day of the Dino manga adaptation
Danny87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 05:04 AM   #5456
OmniMystechRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny87 View Post
For those who are interested in what may or may not be in the Archive, rights pending:

HAMILTON
MMPR (Series 1) #1-6
MMPR (Series 2) #1-4

MARVEL
MMPR #1-7
Masked Rider#1

Power Rangers Zeo #1

PAPERCUTZ

SABAN COMICS
Simple Simon Says

JETIX COMICS
Comics based on Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, Operation Overdrive series from magazines in the UK

TOKYOPOP
Ninja Storm (x3)
There was also a power rangers magazine one with the show an other by marvel, it was like like short comic in it!
Old October 6th, 2017, 05:46 AM   #5457
jaredstar
ranger fan

So for the drakkon dislikers in the room how much of that is the Frank hate boner
jaredstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 06:13 AM   #5458
SanityOrMadness
TwinkleTwinkleLittleStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny87 View Post

HAMILTON
MMPR (Series 1) #1-6
MMPR (Series 2) #1-4

MARVEL
MMPR #1-7
Masked Rider#1

Power Rangers Zeo #1

PAPERCUTZ

SABAN COMICS
Simple Simon Says

JETIX COMICS

TOKYOPOP
Ninja Storm (x3)
Well, they say "Marvel, Image, Papercutz and Hamilton". So the UK stuff is out straight away. If the rights are zipped up (which they will be in recent years, but may not be for the 90s stuff?) they could do those later, separately, I suppose? I wouldn't bet on any of the crossover stuff, since that would have to be licenced separately - e.g., to include the Youngblood stuff, they would need to go talk to Mr. Liefeld.

Tokyopop...who knows if they even paid the creators.
SanityOrMadness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 06:27 AM   #5459
Allio
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredstar View Post
So for the drakkon dislikers in the room how much of that is the Frank hate boner
That's a major problem in one way. Drakkon can't be his own character when his shtick is being "evil Tommy" which kills the part where they promote him as "an original ranger."
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 06:30 AM   #5460
JNTA1234
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredstar View Post
It's probably only 80%, because even I agree it seems too soon to bring Drakkon back.

But yeah, some of the Drakkon hate, and most of the Tommy hate in general, is really exaggerated and obsessive, almost parody as I like to put it.

I'm good wit certain getting more spotlight as long as the other characters get decent spotlight at all, and in this case they do. It's more of an RPM thing than a Time Force thing, if you get what I mean.
JNTA1234 is online now   Reply With Quote