RangerBoard
 
Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:03 AM   #5481
Crazy Baldy
I'm Batman
 
Crazy Baldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,888
Jeremy Jahns posted up his review. He liked it!

https://youtu.be/NtB8ae5Wuv8
Crazy Baldy is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:08 AM   #5482
IMTIRED
Power Ranger fan on Kauai
 
IMTIRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 913
Someone needs to fix the movie listing for the cinema here in Brisbane. It says the movie is directed by Joseph Khan and lists the cast from his film!
IMTIRED is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:29 AM   #5483
RiffRanger
Justice For No One
 
RiffRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,547
Campea liking the movie is like the end of the after school special when the bully who's been tormenting you all year admits he only did it because he was jealous of how cool you are.

Seriously, this is why all of these reviews that seem to hate the movie solely on principle bother me. If even John Campea, who has spent the last three years managing to work into every single conversation about the movie a dig about how he thinks it's a horrible idea to make a Power Rangers movie can admit he liked it, surely these other critics hating the movie only because of what it's based on could see something positive.
RiffRanger is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:30 AM   #5484
Toku Ranger
Live a Toku.
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,343
Do you guys think there'll be a director's cut released?
Toku Ranger is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:31 AM   #5485
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 4,294
IMTIRED wrote: View Post

I think I might go to the theater for the first time in ten years and see this. It's released here in Australia tomorrow!
Wait, you haven't been to a cinema since 2007?
AdrenalineRush is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:33 AM   #5486
rockeith
Phantom Gold Ranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 392
Dean Israelite said in an interview that there wouldn't be a director's cut but there would be deleted scenes for the Blu Ray release.
rockeith is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:17 AM   #5487
Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
 
Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 26,439
IMTIRED wrote: View Post

Someone needs to fix the movie listing for the cinema here in Brisbane.
You're in Brisbane? Cool. I have a ticket tomorrow morning for the first session up here on the Sunshine Coast. So in 12 hours, I'll be sitting there watching the movie.
Peter is online now  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:31 AM   #5488
IMTIRED
Power Ranger fan on Kauai
 
IMTIRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 913
AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Wait, you haven't been to a cinema since 2007?
Well, when was Coraline released? That's the last movie I saw in a theater. I'm like the only human who doesn't list "movies" as one of their interests.

Peter wrote: View Post

You're in Brisbane? Cool. I have a ticket tomorrow morning for the first session up here on the Sunshine Coast. So in 12 hours, I'll be sitting there watching the movie.
Yeah I recently moved to Australia. It's playing here at the neighborhood cinema in the early afternoon. I'm considering going but I have anxiety about being stuck in a theater for two hours when I know I'll have to pee like 6 times. And there will be people.
IMTIRED is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:08 AM   #5489
starsoldier08
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
I'm extremely excited - I've got my tickets for tomorrow at 7PM. That BOGO coupon from Atom Tickets was a great deal.
starsoldier08 is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:11 AM   #5490
BlueSenshi
Team Patoranger or bust
 
BlueSenshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,197
Den of geek review on PR movie http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/p...rangers-review its a good one!
BlueSenshi is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:12 AM   #5491
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,584
eBay
Well, this latest TV spot isn't subtle in the slightest.

Arkvoodle is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:17 AM   #5492
RiffRanger
Justice For No One
 
RiffRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,547
Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

Well, this latest TV spot isn't subtle in the slightest.

I do love how they seem to tackle the comparisons to Iron Man and Transformers head-on.
RiffRanger is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:21 AM   #5493
RedPowerRanger93
Power Ranger
 
RedPowerRanger93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 157
Right now it's 1 PM here in Denmark. Do you guys know when we'll be able to see photos from the red carpet tonight? I'm so excited about the possibility of seeing JDF and ASJ together.
RedPowerRanger93 is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:42 AM   #5494
Paul-Agnew
Power-Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 53
It's Movie Time!

Just got back from the Australian VIP premiere.



MINOR SPOILERS (duh)

The film was fantastic. Loved the references to previous seasons (such as Zeo and Lightspeed Rescue). There are at least two Transformers references, featuring two characters from two different series. It was also pretty awesome to see them cover new ground by having one Ranger Autistic and another LGBT (no I won't say who they were, you'll have to see for yourselves). On the downside, the film has a rather... blunt product placement. Though annoying, they do make a laugh out of it.

Last edited by Paul-Agnew; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:02 AM.
Paul-Agnew is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:43 AM   #5495
RiffRanger
Justice For No One
 
RiffRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,547
The bulk of the movie's reviews should come out today and tomorrow. I'm really hoping it doesn't drop too dramatically.
RiffRanger is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:54 AM   #5496
hasso_opitz
Xiao the Uchu Dragon
 
hasso_opitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 21,386
RiffRanger wrote: View Post

Campea liking the movie is like the end of the after school special when the bully who's been tormenting you all year admits he only did it because he was jealous of how cool you are.

Seriously, this is why all of these reviews that seem to hate the movie solely on principle bother me. If even John Campea, who has spent the last three years managing to work into every single conversation about the movie a dig about how he thinks it's a horrible idea to make a Power Rangers movie can admit he liked it, surely these other critics hating the movie only because of what it's based on could see something positive.
The problem with your theory is a point I've brought up previously (people ignore what's hard to argue). The Lego Movie. 8 years ago, especially this fandom, would say a Power Rangers movie based on Power Rangers would be better than a Lego Movie based on Legos. The idea hardly had any positive feedback when announced. Then people saw it.

I do wonder, overall, which movie I'll end up liking better. It really tells me that critics aren't necessarily hating on this movie simply because of what it's based on. That doesn't make sense.
hasso_opitz is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:00 AM   #5497
eternalstarlight
SentaiRanger
 
eternalstarlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 401
Toku Ranger wrote: View Post

How much action did it have?
Hmmm, let me put it this way,

It was less than what I would have wanted, but for the most part, they delivered. The unmorphed adventure/training/fight scenes are fine, but the morphed ones could have been much more epic in scale, if you know what I mean. The zord/megazord battle was a treat though.
eternalstarlight is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:01 AM   #5498
wildwing64
It's-a-Morphin Time!
 
wildwing64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 212
IMTIRED wrote: View Post

I'm considering going but I have anxiety about being stuck in a theater for two hours when I know I'll have to pee like 6 times. And there will be people.
I know the feeling all too well. From personal experience: take the aisle seat, and avoid caffeine.
wildwing64 is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:25 AM   #5499
betweenplaces
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 559
Finally got a listing in my area for tomorrow so I got my ticket booked. Apparently the theater closest to me is switching from being a Carmike to an AMC which caused confusion when searching. Probably going by myself, but oh well.
betweenplaces is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:28 AM   #5500
RiffRanger
Justice For No One
 
RiffRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,547
hasso_opitz wrote: View Post

The problem with your theory is a point I've brought up previously (people ignore what's hard to argue). The Lego Movie. 8 years ago, especially this fandom, would say a Power Rangers movie based on Power Rangers would be better than a Lego Movie based on Legos. The idea hardly had any positive feedback when announced. Then people saw it.

I do wonder, overall, which movie I'll end up liking better. It really tells me that critics aren't necessarily hating on this movie simply because of what it's based on. That doesn't make sense.
I'm not saying every negative review is unfairly biased. Most of them are fair and praise the movie where it deserves to be praised. But there are some written by people who clearly didn't want to like the movie and were never going to give it an unbiased review.
RiffRanger is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2017, power rangers movie, use spoiler tags.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.