RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Conventions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 2nd, 2016, 08:18 AM   #1
RazgrizI
Power Ranger

Marvelous Nerd Years Eve

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I wanted to pass on a great convention that will be happening the last weekend of 2016! Something to note that, outside of Comikaze, this will be Stan Lee's LAST MAJOR CON appearance worldwide.

Marvelous Nerd Years Eve
Thursday, December 29, 2016 - Sunday, January 1, 2017
Sheraton Dallas, 400 N Olive St, Dallas, TX 75201
Dallas, TX

Thursday Hours: TBA
Friday Hours: TBA
Saturday Hours: TBA
Sunday Hours: TBA

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/280524498993987/
Official Website: http://geekexpos.com/marvelous-nerd-years-eve-dallas/
Twitter: @Geekinomicon

Tickets:

Tickets are currently on sale:

Kids' Single Day: $10.00
Kids' Four Day Admission: $25.00

Four-Day Early Bird Admission: $95.00 (Quantities are limited) - General Admission for Marvelous Nerd Year's Eve. Includes the Thursday and Friday night parties, access to the Show Floor, Vendor Room, and Q&A panels.

VIP Sector 37 Badge - $295.00 - The best way to experience Marvelous Nerd Year's Eve. Includes a Four-Day pass; one VIP Voucher (applicable towards non-Stan Lee photo ops); a VIP Party Pass, allowing access to the VIP-only New Year's festivities; access to the Sector 37 Lounge, with complimentary sodas and waters through the run of the show; two drink tickets for the Sector 37 Lounge. MUST BE 21 OR OLDER TO PURCHASE (ID verification will be required when picking badge / wristband up at the show).

Thursday-Only Admission - $20.00

Friday-Only Admission - $50.00

Saturday-Only Admission - $50.00

Sunday-Only Admission - $40.00

Four Day General Admission Badge - $125.00 (Currently Unavailable due to the Early Bird Special)

Hotel Information
SHERATON DALLAS
400 N Olive St, Dallas, TX 75201

This contemporary four-star hotel and Conference Center is a 3-minute walk from the Pearl Street/Arts District light rail station and a 7-minute walk from shopping at the landmark Neiman Marcus Building.

Modern rooms have 37-inch flat-screen TVs and WiFi (fee), plus work areas with desks and ergonomic chairs. They also have minifridges and coffeemakers. Club rooms provide access to a lounge with complimentary continental breakfast, all-day snacks and evening appetizers.

Be sure to reserve your rooms now with the exclusive Marvelous Nerd Year’s Eve block rate – click the button below to reserve your room today!

Rates - $129.00/Night

Photo Op prices will be listed next to the actor and actresses names. Group photo ops will be another category.

GUESTS:

Marvel:

Stan Lee - One of the visions behind Marvel Comics and creator of several titles, including Fantastic Four. THIS WILL BE HIS LAST MAJOR CON APPEARANCE WORLDWIDE BEYOND COMICKAZE.

Photo Ops:
Stan Lee Thursday: $100
Stan Lee Friday: $100
Stan Lee Saturday: $100

Michael Rooker - $65.00
1. Merle Dixon (The Walking Dead)
2. Yondu - Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Svenning - Mallrats

Sean Gunn - $45.00
1. Kraglin - Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Rocket (motion capture) - Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Kirk Gleason - Gilmore Girls

Max Hernandez - $45.00
1. Jasper Sitwell - MCU

POWER RANGERS
Jason Faunt - Time Force Red

Ciara Hanna - Megaforce/Super Megaforce Yellow

Voice Actors:

Maurice LaMarche
1. Brain - Animaniacs
2. Dr. Egon Spengler - The Real Ghostbusters
3. Numerous Characters - Futurama

Rob Paulsen
1. Yakko Warner - Animaniacs
2. Raphael - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
3. Carl - Jimmy Neutron
4. Pinky - Animaniacs

Tress MacNeille
1. Dot Warner - Animaniacs
2. Gadget - Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers
3. Numerous Characters - Futurama
4. Numerous Characters - Simpsons

Jess Harnell
1. Wakko Warner - Animaniacs
2. Ironhide - Transformers (Michael Bay series)
3. Tim the Bear - Cleveland Brown Show

Ming-Na Wen
1. Mulan - Mulan
2. Agent Melinda Mays - Agents of SHIELD
3. Chun Li - Street Fighter the Movie

Television:

Ming Chen - $35.00
1. Comic Book Men

Bryan Johnson - Comic Book Men

Richard Harmon - $40.00
1. John Murphy - The 100
2. Julian Randol - Continuum
3. Jasper Ames - The Killing

Chelsey Reist - $30.00
1. Harper Mcintyre - The 100

Sachin Sahel - $30.00
1. Jackson - The 100

Heather Henry
1. Characters in The Movie - Faceoff

Greg Grunberg
1. Matt Parkman - Heroes
2. Seth Norris - Lost
3. Snap Wexley ( Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Movie)

Sylvester McCoy
1. 7th Doctor - Doctor Who
2. 7th Doctor - Doctor Who: The Movie
3. Radgast the Brown (Hobbit Trilogy, Movie)

Glenn Morshower
1. General Sam Lane - Supergirl
2. Colonel Sharp and General Morshower - Transformers Movies
3. Colonel Hendry - X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Claudia Christian
1. Commander Susan Ivanova - Babylon 5
2. Numerous characters in the Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
3. Author for Wolf's Empire: Gladiator

Ethan Phillips
1. Neelix - Star Trek Voyager
2. Peter John Downey - Benson

Robert Picardo
1. Emergency Medical Hologram - Star Trek Voyager
2. Richard Woosley - Stargate Atlantis
3. Eddie Quist - The Howling

Nichelle Nichols
1. Nyota Uhura - Star Trek

Rekha Sharma
1. Dr. Loreili Tsing - The 100
2. Tory Foster - Battlestar Galactica
3. Dr. Harden - Smallville

Movies:

Greg Sestero - $30.00
1. Mark - The Room

Keith Coogan - $30.00
1. Brad - Adventures in Babysitting
2. Young Tod - Fox and the Hound (Animated)
3. Kenny - Dont Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead

Jason Mewes - $45.00
1. Jay - Clerks
2. Jay - Dogma
3. Jay - Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Brian O' Halloran - $40.00
1. Dante Hicks - Clerks
2. Dante Hicks - Clerks 2
3. Gill - Mallrats

Christina Wren - $30.00
1. Captain Carrie Farris - Man of Steel and BvS: Dawn of Justice
2. Grace Miller - Sequestered

Marilyn Ghigliotti
1. Veronica - Clerks
2. Macy - Alien Armageddeon
3. Xarsis - Starship Rising

Scott Schiaffo
1. Chewlies Rep - Clerks
2. Travis Lee - Vulgar
3. Himself - (Comic Book Men)

Sam Jones
1. Flash Gordon - Flash Gordon
2. Himself - Ted and Ted 2

Felix Silla
1. Cousin Itt - The Adams Family
2.Widdle Warrick the Ewok - Return of the Jedi
3. Twiki - Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (Television)

Paul T. Taylor
1. Pinhead - Hellraiser: Judgement

Writers

David Gerrold
1. Land of the Lost
2. Star Trek
3. The Real Ghostbusters

Robert Meyer Burnett
1. Writer, Director, and Makeup artists for several shows and series

Other:

Adam Howard - Visual Effects
1. Birdman
2. Star Trek: The Next Generation
3. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Christopher R. Mihm
1. 'Mihmverse'

Robert Meyer Burnett

Arists
1.Simon Bisley

2. Greg Peters
-Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain character designs

3. Joe Rubinstein

4. Victor Danridge

5. Jerry Bennett

6. Joel Adams

7. Neal Adams

8. Val Mayerik

9. Allen Bellman

10. Buzz

11. Clinton Hobart

Authors
1. Gabrielle Faust - Eternal Vigilance series, The Lineage, Revenge

2. Rhonda Eudaly

Video Games

Paul Amos
1. Jacob Fyre - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
2. (Vex - Lost Girl)
3. (Mr. Gold - Captain Canuck Web Series)

COSPLAYERS
BB Brit

Ashe Lynne

MCubed

Mika Nicole

Brit Bliss

The Central Avengers

The Lone Star Joker

PHOTO OP GROUPS:
Animaniacs Team Up - $100
Guardians of the Galaxy Duo - $100
Mallrats Group - $140.00
Pinkie and the Brain - $60.00
The 100 Teamup - $70.00
Warner Siblings - $75.00
Battlestar Galactica Teamup - $75.00

Extra Prints are $10.00. Digital are $10.00. Both together are $18.00

Ill be adding more as they announce. I know also that some have done television and movies. I just put what I think they would be known for.

Thank you!

9/2/2016 - Initial Post annoucement

9/12/2016 Added Michael Rooker, Jason Mewes, Brian O' Halloran, Sean Gunn, Max Hernandez, Christina Wren, Claudia Christian, Simon Bisley, Gabrille Faust, and photo op. prices for some individuals.

9/19/2016 - Added Marilyn Ghigliotti, Scott Schiaffo, Paul Amos, Greg Peters, Joe Rubinstein, Rhonda Eudaly, Ethan Phillips, and Robert Picardo. Picture information about Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, and Falling Skies) is up for $40 but she has not been formally announced.

The same goes for Rehka Sharma (Battlestar Galactica) for $40.00.

In addition, I added the Battlestar Galactica teamup photo option. Mallrats Group photo has gone up to $140, previous $130.

9/26/2016 - Added Nichelle Nichols and Robert Meyer Burnett. Neither have announced photo ops prices.

12/8/2016 - Added Sam Jones, Ming-Na Wren, Jason Faunt, Felix Silla, Paul T. Taylor, Ciara Hanna, Rekha Sharma, Victor Danridge, Christopher Mihm, Jerry Bennett, Joel Adams, Neal Adams, Val Mayerik, Allen Bellman, Buzz, Clinton Hobart, Robert Meyer Burnett and a cosplayer tab.

Last edited by RazgrizI; December 8th, 2016 at 06:55 AM.
RazgrizI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 09:44 AM   #2
RazgrizI
Power Ranger

9/12/2016 Added Michael Rooker, Jason Mewes, Brian O' Halloran, Sean Gunn, Max Hernandez, Christina Wren, Claudia Christian, Simon Bisley, Gabrille Faust, and photo op. prices for some individuals.
Old September 12th, 2016, 05:56 PM   #3
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

I really just might go to this. Rob, Tress, Jess and Maurice have all been staples of my childhood. This makes me feel a little bit better after the news I received today.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:39 AM   #4
RazgrizI
Power Ranger

9/19/2016 - Added Marilyn Ghigliotti, Scott Schiaffo, Paul Amos, Greg Peters, Joe Rubinstein, Rhonda Eudaly, Ethan Phillips, and Robert Picardo. Picture information about Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, and Falling Skies) is up for $40 but she has not been formally announced.

The same goes for Rehka Sharma (Battlestar Galactica) for $40.00.

In addition, I added the Battlestar Galactica teamup photo option. Mallrats Group photo has gone up to $140, previous $130.

As a sidenote (and very much my opinion), I am hoping they get more...well known people from more popular shows. A lot of what they announced is very average and seems like its more of what they want to see versus what the attendees want to see. For me personally, the only ones that truly stand out are Stan Lee, Michael Rooker, the Animaniacs gang and the Clerks actors. Again, thats just my opinion though.
Old September 26th, 2016, 06:32 AM   #5
RazgrizI
Power Ranger

9/26/2016 - Added Nichelle Nichols and Robert Meyer Burnett. Neither have announced photo ops prices.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 09:11 AM   #6
RazgrizI
Power Ranger

Hey guys, sorry for the no updates! Im still waiting on them to see if they announced more people and any rangers specifically.
Old December 5th, 2016, 06:34 AM   #7
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Rob Paulsen has message for fans to come and attend.

https://twitter.com/MarvelousNYE/sta...778560/video/1
Old December 8th, 2016, 06:57 AM   #8
RazgrizI
Power Ranger

12/8/2016 - Added Sam Jones, Ming-Na Wren, Jason Faunt, Felix Silla, Paul T. Taylor, Ciara Hanna, Rekha Sharma, Victor Danridge, Christopher Mihm, Jerry Bennett, Joel Adams, Neal Adams, Val Mayerik, Allen Bellman, Buzz, Clinton Hobart, Robert Meyer Burnett and a cosplayer tab.

I apologize for the radio silence as literally until today no new guests were announced. IM HAPPY TO SAY that two Power Rangers are in attendance: Jason Faunt and Ciara Hanna. In addition, if you want photo op prices, youll have to go to the website as there are tons of packages and tons of options and to list them all would take time as they have updated them a bit.
Old December 8th, 2016, 01:06 PM   #9
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazgrizI View Post
12/8/2016 - Added Ming-Na Wren
I really hope I get the chance to meet her. I've been a fan of her's since Mulan and she's awesome on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
Old December 28th, 2016, 09:33 AM   #10
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Steve Cardenas has been added to the list of actors who are attending. I'm really looking forward to going tomorrow.

http://geekexpos.com/marvelous-nerd-years-eve-dallas/#
Old December 29th, 2016, 06:25 PM   #11
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

I had a fun time today. I got photos in front of the Batmobile from the 1960's series and with Stan Lee as well. I'm really looking to getting photos with Ming-Na Wen this weekend and the cast of Animaniacs. Plus, I can't wait for the panel featuring the latter.
Old December 30th, 2016, 08:10 PM   #12
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Day 2 was a BLAST! Meeting Rob Paulsen, Tress Macneille, Jess Harnell and Maurice LaMarche was an amazing experience. They are all such lovely people. Whenever I saw Rob and talked to him he would remember my name whether at was at a Q&A panel or at his booth. I also meet and take a photo with Steve Cardenas. He seemed very nice and I'll try to post the photo on here if I'm lucky. I also got to briefly talk to Ciara Hanna. She seemed pretty cool and I told her that one of my younger students was a fan of her seasons. She told me to say hello to him.
Old December 31st, 2016, 10:34 PM   #13
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

I couldn't have asked for a better way to end 2016 with going to the third day of the convention and seeing the Twisted Toonz panel. Hearing this amazing voice actors read scripts from films while saying lines in their character voices had me laughing the whole time. I also got a photo with Ming-Na Wen, who was very sweet and I also decided to get a picture with Ciara Hannah for a student of mine. Overall, this weekend has been loads of fun.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 07:28 AM   #14
RazgrizI
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I couldn't have asked for a better way to end 2016 with going to the third day of the convention and seeing the Twisted Toonz panel. Hearing this amazing voice actors read scripts from films while saying lines in their character voices had me laughing the whole time. I also got a photo with Ming-Na Wen, who was very sweet and I also decided to get a picture with Ciara Hannah for a student of mine. Overall, this weekend has been loads of fun.
How was the convention overall? I heard the lineup FINALLY got better about 3 days before (which is extremely difficult to plan around) and it had some very hit/miss moments.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 10:38 AM   #15
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Quote:
How was the convention overall? I heard the lineup FINALLY got better about 3 days before (which is extremely difficult to plan around) and it had some very hit/miss moments.
Overall I found it to be a success. Some things had to switched around like the 'Animaniacs Q&A' and the 'Twisted Toonz'. The ballrooms weren't very full both times. I heard Rob Paulsen talking to Jeff Zannini on Friday that it wasn't California, but they liked that it was kind of more intimate because that way they could get to know the fans. Rob and Maurice LaMarche also told us that before the Twisted Toonz panel. I didn't go to the after-parties because I don't drink and I haven't been to a large celebration in a long time, but I heard everyone had loads of fun. From what I've heard the roast for Stan Lee was a huge hit.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 01:48 PM   #16
RazgrizI
Power Ranger

Quote:
Overall I found it to be a success. Some things had to switched around like the 'Animaniacs Q&A' and the 'Twisted Toonz'. The ballrooms weren't very full both times. I heard Rob Paulsen talking to Jeff Zannini on Friday that it wasn't California, but they liked that it was kind of more intimate because that way they could get to know the fans. Rob and Maurice LaMarche also told us that before the Twisted Toonz panel. I didn't go to the after-parties because I don't drink and I haven't been to a large celebration in a long time, but I heard everyone had loads of fun. From what I've heard the roast for Stan Lee was a huge hit.
Im glad you had an amazing time! Apparently the con was a TOTAL DISASTER. Bleeding cool is pretty reliable too.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...erd-years-eve/
Old January 3rd, 2017, 01:59 PM   #17
RazgrizI
Power Ranger

Quote:
Im actually glad you had a fun time. Be sure to check the updates below.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 02:09 PM   #18
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Quote:
Im glad you had an amazing time! Apparently the con was a TOTAL DISASTER. Bleeding cool is pretty reliable too.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...erd-years-eve/
It's too bad things really didn't go so well because I am grateful for the opportunity to have met Rob Paulsen, Jess Harnell, Tress Macneille and Maurice LaMarche. Plus, I got to take photos with them along with a few other people too. That article says that future shows in Dallas have been cancelled, which is a shame. I was hoping that something like this would return and that voice actors like Cam Clarke, Barry Gordon, Townsend Coleman, Jim Cummings, Bill Farmer and Jason Marsden would appear. Plus, it would've been nice to see some more Power Rangers alumni come to the DFW area as well.

Last edited by ranger_scout; January 3rd, 2017 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Adding one more name