Home Menu

Menu

Old July 18th, 2019, 11:55 AM #4461
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

Alitain wrote: View Post

Yeesh, what a tragedy. Glad they at least have the culprit though, that's something.
Right now, we're all trying to figure out who and what was lost.

Sentai Filmworks has a GoFundMe going: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-kyoani-heal
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 01:06 PM #4462
> Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

I am saddened by this situation I am a huge Kyoani fan.
Olorin Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 10:23 PM #4463
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

So binged a couple series recently. First was Revue Starlight. Which has a kind of Utena vibe to it and certain some similarities, but ended up being a neat show overall. Simple enough on the surface, its about a group of girls at a theater school, who refer to themselves as stage girls, as they learn and perform and all. But then they're also brought to this underground stage by a telepathic giraffe(yeah, no explanation on that one) to do these stage fights all to be the Top Star and once that's achieved, will be able to make a wish or choose any stage they wish, etc etc. At first I was a bit on the fence for it, but as the show went on I did end up appreciating the commentary on the theater industry, and just how things went for each of the characters got a focus that correlated to one of the stage fights, and all done with a sort of backdrop of this tale simply called Starlight whose events are reflected in the girls and their struggle. Not amazing exactly, but by the end I found I enjoyed it more than I had at the start and more than I thought I would.

The other is Scum's Wish, which is on Amazon. Total drama anime, focused mainly on these two students Hana and a young guy named Mugi. Hana is crushing hard on her homeroom teacher whom she refers to as Brother cause she's known him most of her life and he's always helped her and her mom. While Mugi is love with the music teacher, a woman who use to tutor him when he was in junior high. And of course, "Brother" digs the music teacher. Thus, the web of relationships starts. But Hana and Mugi decided to comfort each other in a bad way by being physical with each other yet at the same time fantasizing about their crushes. And they both know this, its their agreement. There're other characters with relationships tied to the two main characters but wont go into it all. Again, it's a drama but while maybe melodramatic at times I found it refreshing. It felt more honest; basically none of the characters are perfect, some are just bad people or willingly make just bad decisions, but you can generally sympathize with at least some of them. And it didn't end how I thought it would, but I liked the end. I recommend it. Also, the opening and closing have been the first in awhile that I just really ended up enjoying. Rising of a Shield Hero probably was the last time I really enjoyed an opening. And the score for the series was done by the guy behind the music for Your Lie in April, so yeah. But overall a well done series I think.

On a sillier note, just finished with And You Thought There Were No Girls Online. Ugh, titles these days...that aside it's not a bad anime, though could've been much better. Comedy about a guy and his guild mates in an MMO who decide to meet in RL and he learns they're not only all girls, but also conveniently go to his school. One of which, Ako, has a huge problem with separating game fantasy from reality. And it starts with them forming a gaming club under the premise of trying to help Ako, but really that gets tossed aside for the comedy. My issue with the series is that; it feels a bit jumbled. Plenty of gaming comedy and stuff which is fine, and overall entertaining. But it doesn't go anywhere with the more serious stuff despite making it seem important. It's another 12 ep little series, so easily bingeable, and worth it enough if you just want something silly and simple to put on.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 01:46 PM #4464
> Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

I am going thru the Symphogear series quickly I am on AXZ already. Tsubasa best girl and singer. The music from this show is addictive.
Olorin Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 04:22 PM #4465
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Getting around to watch anohana
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 06:55 PM #4466
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Allio wrote: View Post

Getting around to watch anohana
I watched that last year, it was a good one I really enjoyed it. Though the slower, more dramatic anime aren't always to everyone's liking but yeah, definitely enjoyed that one.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote