Home Menu

Menu

Old February 23rd, 2019, 06:52 PM #4341
> SnowWolf25
Power Ranger

SnowWolf25
Power Ranger

Chris Sabat will be reprising Ayame Soma.
https://twitter.com/fruitsbasket_en/...403746304?s=19
SnowWolf25 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2019, 07:52 PM #4342
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Akito has been recast. Akito will now be played by Colleen Clinkenbeard:

https://twitter.com/fruitsbasket_en/...53975683321856
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2019, 06:02 PM #4343
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Some things I've read, am reading.

Read Voyitch Hotel. Can't really say if this series is good or bad, but I loved it.

Reading Kaguya-sama love is war

and reading Tsuiteru Kanojo. This is the second romance manga where one of the characters is a futanari and unlike the first this one is the other love interest (the first one main protagonist was the futa. Though third overall futa character I have read in non-doujinshi manga.

Tsuiteru reads as your typical romance Seinen. Dimwitted guy loves his girlfriend but doesn't know if he is good enough, oh and he freaks out about anal sex.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2019, 06:39 PM #4344
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

started reading "Tales of the Corporate Slave Succubus" and it really is wholesome and hits home. Recommend it.
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:39 PM #4345
> SnowWolf25
Power Ranger

SnowWolf25
Power Ranger

Fruits Basket Reboot 3rd trailer
SnowWolf25 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2019, 08:26 AM #4346
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

So I watched Rising of the Shield Hero last night and today. Well the 11 episodes that're dubbed. Man, I enjoy this show. But when I looked on the site I was watching it on, to see where the subbed was, it was still only at 11 so I assumed it was being simul-dubbed. Then on Wikipedia it says there're 25 episodes, so I wondered what was up and learned the dubbed has been halted. Supposedly not because of the controversy over the false rape accusations in the show, but seems suspicious. I guess Crunchyroll has the subbed episodes, which is a bummer cause I don't have that. Might look elsewhere sometime to see about watching the rest, though given the light novels are at like 21 and still going, I imagine the 25 ep anime is no where near complete.

But yeah, I really liked it so far. Naofumi is a fun character, and yeah I get people will be upset over the false rape thing but seriously...yeah. I thought it was all done in...I don't know if respectful manner is exactly right, maybe...fairly? Honest? Naofumi suffers for it and it changes him and even by ep 11 we still see how that and the treatment after affects him and the way he goes about things. But while it, again, kind of pervades his actions the show doesn't necessarily dwell or focus solely on that. It happened, and bad stuff continues to happen from it, but Naofumi takes it and moves on and of course, being the main character, is really the most heroic of the bunch. I do like how Ren and Itsuki have shown that they're slowly coming around. Not ready to believe he never did the accused deed and all, but at least willing to see maybe he isn't such a bad guy as they immediately assumed he was. Motoyasu is totally being played, and I look forward to seeing him figure it out.
Though glancing at Wikipedia I kinda spoiled a bit of that...but that's okay I assumed he'd eventually figure out Malty is a bitch.

And sure, while it kind of has that Itsuki-Harem standard of the main hero getting female companions that adore him, I feel like it's not done in the usual way or at least...it's more believable. I like Raphtalia, though her sudden growth spurts in the first couple episodes threw me off a bit till they explain it's from leveling up(still weird, but makes sense). But her love for Naofumi doesn't feel like it was just there because she's a woman and he's the MC. He's cared for her, protected her, and helped her grow. And Filo's love is more of a little sister type, whether that changes if she grows up too, don't know but still it makes sense for the way he treats them. And Naofumi isn't your typical MC who pines about crushing on this cute girl(Raphtalia) that happens to be with him. He cares for her, but if his feelings do become more romantic it'll at least feel earned and again, not because she's the main female character, and he the main male. So I appreciate that, since some Itsuki anime just feel like an excuse to make a harem anime with fantasy elements.

But yeah, overall while I've only seen 11 episodes I've enjoyed it quite more than I thought I would. Oh yeah, and I dig the shield. I love that he keeps added various materials to it and unlocks new shields and abilities. Even so much as early on making a comment about how he's gained so many abilities that he doesn't even know what most of them are, which is believable and funny. But yeah, I enjoy the mechanic of it. So I definitely recommend it whether you just watch the dubbed so far, or continue with the subbed(which I gotta do at some point).
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2019, 10:26 AM #4347
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

epiode 12 premieres in 3 days, the japanese version hasn't even entered the second half of the season yet, so the english version i caught up with the japanese version. It lists 25 episodes because it was announced to be "2 cour" which basically means 1 cour = 12 episodes. Usually we can figure out the length of a season by the blu-ray releases.
Old March 24th, 2019, 10:57 AM #4348
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

Alitain wrote: View Post

I guess Crunchyroll has the subbed episodes, which is a bummer cause I don't have that.
Crunchyroll is free.

Membership just means you don't have to wait a week for new releases.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2019, 02:51 PM #4349
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Crunchyroll is free.

Membership just means you don't have to wait a week for new releases.
Ah, I thought you had to sub to watch anything beyond maybe a free first episode or something. Wonder what I was getting it confused with...well nevermind. Good to know though, thanks.
Old March 24th, 2019, 03:17 PM #4350
> Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

What is it with all the sequels announced recently

Tensei Shitara Slime S2

Hataraku Saibou S2

ReZero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu S2

Oregairu S3

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon S2

I will watch all of them.
I hope for an announcement of Hataraku Maou-sama S2 (wishful thinking)
Olorin Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2019, 03:23 PM #4351
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Just started watching Infini-T Force. Picked it out of curiosity.

It's actually pretty good. Better than most modern super heroes shows, I'd say. Shame they couldn't fit the chick from the Godam anime so the team would have a Tatsunoko heroine.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2019, 05:29 PM #4352
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I'm so happy for Re:Zero S2. Damn that show needs to keep going, so much fun. Maybe we'll even get some questions answered.
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM #4353
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Announcement trailer for Neon Genesis Evangelion on Netflix.

AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote