Old April 15th, 2019, 10:05 PM #3521
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

I will repeat myself;

You do not get it.
You can keep saying it over and over, but it's never going to be a valid point. We're better off not hearing it again.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2019, 10:12 PM #3522
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

That's like saying your body needs an ideal balance between healthy cells and cancerous ones. No. The Sith are a cancer on the Force, and the Jedi are not.
Well, that all depends on your certain point of view though. The Force was waning within the Jedi leading up to the Clone Wars, and they weren't exactly friendly to even other light side users of the force. It's more like saying your body needs the correct number of healthy cells, too many or too little and you get sick either way. Jedi/Sith are too many and too little healthy cells in this case. Too extremes of the same thing, not two separate things itself.

I think this is even acknowledged by the one in between at some point.

Man, if we don't get some live action Bendu full puppetry in Skywalker, I am going to be so disappointed.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 09:07 AM #3523
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

Mehhh... I hate how they continue making lame titles....
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 09:56 AM #3524
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

Lame titles? Both ‘The Force Awakens’ and ‘The Last Jedi’ are perfectly fine titles, and are arguably vastly superior to any of the prequels.

You’ve got The Phantom Menace, which honestly sounds more like an episode of TOS episode of Star Trek, and while it does mean *something*, is a pretty insubstantial name.

Attack of the Clones sounds far too much like a B Movie and doesn’t go along with the vibe of the orig. trilogy of names.

And Revenge of the Sith is simply a reversal of Return of the Jedi. While it’s easily the best title, I don’t think it’s anything mind blowing.

You can keep saying it over and over, but it's never going to be a valid point. We're better off not hearing it again.
If you think you can have the Jedi, without the Sith, you simply don’t understand.

Consider the fact that roughly half the Sith apprentices we’ve encountered in the films were originally Jedi. The Jedi Order not only doesn’t understand the Force, their restrictive and controlling ways actually breeds Dark Jedi because they insist on rejecting emotions and deep emotional connections.

It’s not just the allure of the dark side that causes this, the Order is part of the cycle.

Last edited by LazerwolfX; April 16th, 2019 at 10:37 AM.
LazerwolfX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 09:59 AM #3525
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Lame titles? Both ‘The Force Awakens’ and ‘The Last Jedi’ are perfectly fine titles, and are arguably vastly superior to any of the prequels.
"Revenge of the Sith" is probably the best title of the prequel trilogy as it tells you exactly what to experience with the actual story. "Phantom Menace" sounds cool but the film does a poor job of outlining what it means, "Attack of the Clones" was definitely naff.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:01 AM #3526
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

The title doesn't really indicate "Skywalker" being the general name of adherents to an entirely new order. Otherwise, it would have "the" in front of it (i.e., Revenge of the Sith, Return of the Jedi). Calling the film "The Rise of Skywalker", with no generalizing article, indicates a single person..
i think they deliberately left "THE" out because it would immediately reveal their thinking...

plus if it truly becomes a Skywalker Order, then adherents could be referred to as Skywalker, or a Skywalker (both singular and plural)...

and then they get to say Rey is a Skywalker...from a certain point of view
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:01 AM #3527
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

"Revenge of the Sith" is probably the best title of the prequel trilogy as it tells you exactly what to experience with the actual story. "Phantom Menace" sounds cool but the film does a poor job of outlining what it means, "Attack of the Clones" was definitely naff.
1000% Agreed, I get that Rise of Skywalker may not be appealing in the moment, but we also don’t have the context of the film to enlighten our understanding.

bearytrek wrote: View Post

i think they deliberately left "THE" out because it would immediately reveal their thinking...

plus if it truly becomes a Skywalker Order, then adherents could be referred to as Skywalker, or a Skywalker (both singular and plural)...
My feelings exactly. This route would be too easy to predict if there was a ‘The’ or if there was a plural S on Skywalker. Granted, I could be completely off, but the grammar doesn’t inherently discount anything.
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:04 AM #3528
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Akumaru wrote: View Post

Kylo Ren finding a or a Ghost of Darth Sidious or just a hologram, because we dont know if the plot of Darth Vader castle is going to be used too !!! The Artifact of the Sith, which Emperor give to Vader !!!
maybe they'll do something akin with Maul's survival, with a shattered Palpatine, if not in body, then essence, still inhabiting the ruins of the Death Star

and maybe they'll finally canonize on film Palpatine was Vader's father, in a sense, as the Marvel Comics run has hinted at

and having him back would reinforce he truly was a mastermind at playing the long game and pulling strings from the shadows

Last edited by bearytrek; April 16th, 2019 at 10:34 AM.
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:09 AM #3529
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

"Revenge of the Sith" is probably the best title of the prequel trilogy as it tells you exactly what to experience with the actual story.
Not to mention it's not just a simple reversal of Return of the Jedi, it's also a reference to its original title - Revenge of the Jedi.
AtoMan is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:09 AM #3530
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

You’ve got The Phantom Menace, which honestly sounds more like an episode of TOS episode of Star Trek, and while it does mean *something*, is a pretty insubstantial name.

Attack of the Clones sounds far too much like a B Movie and doesn’t go along with the vibe of the orig. trilogy of names.

And Revenge of the Sith is simply a reversal of Return of the Jedi. While it’s easily the best title, I don’t think it’s anything mind blowing.
I found the force awakens title fine. The last Jedi (aside from my opinions of the actual movie) I hate to oblivion. It’s just doesn’t do anything for me. Rise of the sky walker....... Sounds like a desperate attempt to placate OT fans.
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:15 AM #3531
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

The Last Jedi, does all the things a Star Wars title needs to do. It’s ominous/foreboding and signifies a shift in power/tone.

I dunno what else you could want from it or want it to be.

And again, it’s kind of impossible to grade The Rise of Skywalker, without seeing the movie. It simply doesn’t work that way.
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:17 AM #3532
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

Ehhh... It just doesn’t do anything for me.
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:33 AM #3533
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

Yeah, I couldn't even believe that was the final title when I first heard it. Hell, I still can't.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 11:20 AM #3534
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

"The Phantom Menace" is still the single coolest-sounding title for a SW movie. That title is too raw to be attached to such a bad movie.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 11:24 AM #3535
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

I remember on April Fools 2004, Lucasfilm "revealed" that the title of Episode III was going to be "The Creeping Fear".
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 11:31 AM #3536
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

I remember on April Fools 2004, Lucasfilm "revealed" that the title of Episode III was going to be "The Creeping Fear".
That and revenge of the Jedi sounds hilarious to me. 🤣
Old April 16th, 2019, 01:31 PM #3537
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

As I figured, some people who liked The Last Jedi are none too pleased with the reveals of the trailer

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-rise-o...g-last-jedi/2/
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 01:36 PM #3538
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

What a stupid article. We know nothing, we have literally zero context for anything, and they’re already declaring what these things mean.

The extreme ends of the SW fandom deserve each other. They’re the same kind of stupid, just in different flavors.
Old April 16th, 2019, 03:06 PM #3539
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

bearytrek wrote: View Post

maybe they'll do something akin with Maul's survival, with a shattered Palpatine, if not in body, then essence, still inhabiting the ruins of the Death Star

and maybe they'll finally canonize on film Palpatine was Vader's father, in a sense, as the Marvel Comics run has hinted at

and having him back would reinforce he truly was a mastermind at playing the long game and pulling strings from the shadows
The Spirit of Palpatine/Darth Sidious could be inside of the Death Star, but that line in the final of the tear, reminds me Palpatine/Sidious could be Rey father.

I dont read much the comics, but i think Darth Plagueis created Anakin to destroy Sidious-
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 06:24 PM #3540
> Kyle16
Figuring it out

Kyle16
Figuring it out

Fun fact from the SW celebration, the
palpatine laugh
was not specially recorded, it was an archival sound byte.
Kyle16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
porgs