Old August 5th, 2018, 01:57 PM #4221
> StriderXanthos
Banned

StriderXanthos
Banned

TeraMan wrote: View Post

Please don't get cute with me.
I'm going to pretend that made sense.

Persona 4, I've never played the games and I guess it'd make sense to focus on Persona 5, but apparently there's two anime, one that's 26 episodes and an alternate telling thats 12 episodes. Apparently, I'm going to give it a shot once I'm done with Danball Senki W. The second one watchmojo hated, but it can't be all bad. Still, Blazblue Cross Tag made their characters interesting for me, so I'll give it a shot.

Last edited by StriderXanthos; August 5th, 2018 at 01:57 PM.
StriderXanthos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 02:15 PM #4222
> hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

StriderXanthos wrote: View Post

I'm going to pretend that made sense.
Committing an error in judgment and then acting as though moderators needing to correct you results in undue punishment.

If you intend to alter your persona here, this is where it begins.
hasbro_primo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 02:24 PM #4223
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

So I'm in the middle of watching Higurashi: When They Cry right now. Just got into the second season, so have a ways to go(finish that, then the two ovas). But it's been fun, weird but fun. It's one I've been wanting to watch for years and never got around to. I admit in the beginning the mini, rebooted storylines kinda threw me off but I'm glad to see there is a reason and it's all tying together to a larger picture. I was a bit worried it wasn't, and that the anime just adapted the games maybe a bit too faithfully in that it was going to just be composed of various alternate scenarios and that's it. So looking forward to eventually finishing it. Disturbing at times, but mostly not astounding 'scary'. I will say though the animation for some of the characters' faces gets really...almost bad and definitely strange at times. When they freak out or rage, sometimes it just looks so odd it kinda takes me out of it a bit. Not enough for me to dislike the series or anything, just really weird.
Alitain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 02:44 PM #4224
> Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

I am reading A sister's all you need (imouto Sae Ireba Ii) light novel and it is much better than the anime. In the 7th episode of the anime they play a tabletop RPG and they are supposed to choose their powers. Miya wants shoot a coin at high speeds. Chihiro wants to negate all powers. In the book Miya says that she want Misaka Mikoto's Railgun from A Certain magical Index and Chihiro says Imagine Breaker but doesn't mention Kamijou Touma.
Olorin Ranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 02:58 PM #4225
> StriderXanthos
Banned

StriderXanthos
Banned

hasso_primo wrote: View Post

Committing an error in judgment and then acting as though moderators needing to correct you results in undue punishment.

If you intend to alter your persona here, this is where it begins.
I'm just confused by what he meant. Cute? That was out of concern.
Old August 5th, 2018, 03:05 PM #4226
> hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

StriderXanthos wrote: View Post

I'm just confused by what he meant. Cute? That was out of concern.
"" means you're making light of what's being said.

It's best we just get back on topic now.
hasbro_primo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 03:10 PM #4227
> StriderXanthos
Banned

StriderXanthos
Banned

hasso_primo wrote: View Post

"" means you're making light of what's being said.

It's best we just get back on topic now.
Crap I thought that was the sad-, fudge, okay.
Old August 5th, 2018, 08:37 PM #4228
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Just let the whole thing go, misunderstanding or whatever. You can PM people about this if you need to.
Old August 6th, 2018, 07:32 PM #4229
> StriderXanthos
Banned

StriderXanthos
Banned

Gotcha

Moving this because there's a Dragon Ball thread

Last edited by StriderXanthos; August 7th, 2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old August 6th, 2018, 10:32 PM #4230
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Phew, finished Higurashi just a bit ago. The second season and OVAs took awhile cause they were subbed, which was a bit of a pain to sit through and binge when it was 24 ep plus 9 episodes total for the OVAs. But I liked the series. I was really happy that everything tied together, and came to a head in an interesting way. It was also interesting cause by the final story you've seen the other ones highlighting different courses of fate and some places/items/etc that show up in the various stories come back which was kinda fun, seeing how they tie together.

The OVAs were fun, though not really important to the series since probably half the episodes were jokes and one offs anyways. But they were amusing. Though a couple of the stories were meant to take place post-series and while they don't ultimately matter, weren't bad. Though one or two had me confused by the inclusion of characters that shouldn't be there at that point since they're suppose to in the name "main" timeline. But whatever.

There were a couple things that I found odd though by the end.
So there's a single ep that was done later but meant to take place between S1 and 2 called Nekogoroshi-hen. That one was odd, cause it basically amounted to a couple of the characters telling Keiichi and Rena about this abandoned quarry past a ghost town beyond the their town. And how Mion had been there with other kids playing, got chased by a man but one of the kids never made it home. So on and so forth, the episode ends by showing the quarry and a man there turning and smiling before it ends. Though browsing online I guess I never made the connection that the quarry was where the Yamainu stored the gas they use to kill the town, so that one is solved.

The other thing I found odd was in the final story Hanyu became physical this time around. And beside no one noticing her horns, when we get to the OVAs there's one about Rika getting hit by a truck, seeming to die and wake up in a new world. But the point is that Hanyu once again is a spirit and not physical like she was at the end of the series. And in another OVA she appears again in physical form. So just unclear whether she can just shift from spirit to physical at will, and if she's not noticed when not being physical, or what. Then again I did say I found some of the OVAs odd cause they felt like they were suppose to fit in the timeline but didn't exactly. Oh well I guess.

Another was Nomura. Just cause she comes in late in the game and really nothing is known about her, not even her real name, other than she wants to do away with the same people Takano hates. So maybe less that she's a mystery and more that she's a shallow character when the whole series was generally built around a "small" group time and time again. And then there's Frederica Bernkastel. The apparently culmination of Rika's 100 year existence experiencing worlds. She appears at the end of the series setting a new, happier course for a young Takano which may or may not have set up the perfect, sinless world Rika ends up in during the OVA. And Rika references her once, but otherwise she's never touched upon. So it was really weird, especially given her sudden, and only, appearance at the end of the series. Maybe she makes more sense in the manga or something, but in the anime it's just confusing to me.

But yeah, overall I enjoyed the series. Got a bit tedious at times hearing some of the same dialogue and exposition, but it was alright in the end.