Home Menu

Menu

Old December 23rd, 2018, 04:37 AM #1
> Soulspice
@ListenAnyway

Soulspice
@ListenAnyway

Question about the "Complete seasons" DVD Boxsets

I already have the big legacy helmet with seasons up to Megaforce, and then bought the Super Megaforce complete season. So for now, I have all the episodes in DVD.

Today, with Xmas coming, I thought I'd get the new seasons and be updated, but then I have some doubts.
Not all the seasons include the special Xmas and Halloween episodes. In fact, only PRDC does.
Am I right, or is there another country version with all the episodes?

This is what I could find:

DINO CHARGE: 22 Episodes
DINO SUPER CHARGE: 20 Episodes
NINJA STEEL: 20 Episodes
SUPER NINJA STEEL: 22 Episodes (out on february 2019)

To complete these, are there any separate releases with Halloween and Xmas episodes together in the same DVD?
I can't find a good list website or something.

Thanks!
Soulspice is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2018, 08:10 AM #2
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

Samurai, Megaforce and Dino Charge got new sets that include both seasons of each series, but I am unsure whether they include the separate discs for the specials as well.
Germany has boxsets of all of these, as far as I know, with English audio and with all episodes included.

The US Ninja Steel set does include the specials - it's 22 episodes on 3 discs.

As for the other specials - Lionsgate did release a few separate DVDs that have specials from what was the current season, plus a few from previous seasons - so there are Christmas DVDs for Samurai and Megaforce and a Halloween one for Samurai for sure. But I don't think they did that for DSC, and Super Megaforce did not have specials, if I remember correctly.
Red Dino Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2018, 10:47 AM #3
> Hmm12345
Power Ranger

Hmm12345
Power Ranger

Red Dino Ranger wrote: View Post

Samurai, Megaforce and Dino Charge got new sets that include both seasons of each series, but I am unsure whether they include the separate discs for the specials as well.
I bought the samurai and dino charge new sets. It is literally the old sets held together with a new cardboard sleeve. So it does not include the holiday specials (except the first season of dino charge which already had them).
Hmm12345 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2018, 02:25 AM #4
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

Red Dino Ranger wrote: View Post

Germany has boxsets of all of these, as far as I know, with English audio and with all episodes included.
Just want to point out that the German boxsets of Samurai, Megaforce and Super Megaforce do contain all episodes (inc. Legendary Battle extended edition) - but they don't contain the Super Samurai specials. I think their deal was done before the Super Samurai specials were commissioned or something, so they don't have the rights to them.
IAreSam is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2018, 09:32 AM #5
> HurricaneGold
Austria's Only PR Fan

HurricaneGold
Austria's Only PR Fan

IAreSam wrote: View Post

Just want to point out that the German boxsets of Samurai, Megaforce and Super Megaforce do contain all episodes (inc. Legendary Battle extended edition) - but they don't contain the Super Samurai specials. I think their deal was done before the Super Samurai specials were commissioned or something, so they don't have the rights to them.
The Super Samurai Specials never aired in Germany, which means they probably never dubbed it. That's why it isn't in the DVD set.
HurricaneGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 01:28 AM #6
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

HurrricaneGold wrote: View Post

The Super Samurai Specials never aired in Germany, which means they probably never dubbed it. That's why it isn't in the DVD set.
Yeah - I think it was the same licensing issue which prevented it being dubbed or aired too. I think it's Marvista to blame, but I'm not sure as I'm sure they distributed it to the UK.
Old December 27th, 2018, 01:38 AM #7
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

In Bulgaria we never got the Samurai specials on TV either (including "Clash"), just the Megaforce ones.
Old December 27th, 2018, 01:42 AM #8
> dwphoenix
Power Ranger

dwphoenix
Power Ranger

IAreSam wrote: View Post

Yeah - I think it was the same licensing issue which prevented it being dubbed or aired too. I think it's Marvista to blame, but I'm not sure as I'm sure they distributed it to the UK.
I'd have to double check my kids dvds but I'm 99% certain that the Samaurai & Megaforce specials were released over here. I dont know about Dino onwards as I started getting them imported after that point
dwphoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 05:00 AM #9
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

dwphoenix wrote: View Post

I'd have to double check my kids dvds but I'm 99% certain that the Samaurai & Megaforce specials were released over here. I dont know about Dino onwards as I started getting them imported after that point
I don't have a player at hand at the moment and the DVD case does not have an episode list, but the UK "Samurai" Complete set that was the 4 previous volumes in 1 case, includes "Clash of the Red Rangers", at the very least. The runtime is 539 minutes, divided by 22 minutes per episode (approx.) - comes out at 24.5 - so 24 episodes would fit the bill exactly - 20 regular episodes, 2 specials and Clash which is double-length.
Old December 28th, 2018, 08:04 AM #10
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

Yeah the UK doesn't have any issue with the specials. I think it was just non-English speaking countries or something like that.