Menu

Old August 19th, 2018, 03:26 AM #61
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

The Lightning White Ranger looks good- this might be an excellent replacement for Legacy.

I like the suit crease details but with the added articulation, it risks looking too baggy. Ideally it would just a smidge smoother at the abs and elbow/knees, otherwise it becomes a bit busy.

I get why people are saying he looks long. The neck is about 1mm too long (I think to stop the neck joint interfering with the top of the shield), the torso is about 1.5/2mm too long (I think this is like this to stop the shield from interfering with the ab crunch) and the thighs are about 1 or 2 mm too long. Tiny, tiny little details but your eye does pick up on them.

I'm most excited about civilian heads. I know we're not going to get every Ranger ever. I know we're not going to get a figure that includes obscure characters like Chad, but what we do get will still make for a good display.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:37 AM #62
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

I'm guessing it's to compensate for articulation, yes. I'm also reminded of how lanky the suits can be in US footage, this toy reflecting that . That's what let's me sleep at night, anyway.
kibapower is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 05:19 AM #63
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

I really don't think we'll be able to get face printing technology on older Ranger simply due to the fact that they're too old to have their current faces scanned with the show being over 20 years ago and the show doesn't have any hi-def images to scan either. they would have to scan current faces and nakes tweeks to let them look younger.

Someone mentioned cole earlier, i dont neccessarily think they will cut him from the lineup due to his actors action but who knows? im more curious about Justin from turbo. an alt head wouldnt even work. lol
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 05:45 AM #64
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

TheDub wrote: View Post

I really don't think we'll be able to get face printing technology on older Ranger simply due to the fact that they're too old to have their current faces scanned with the show being over 20 years ago and the show doesn't have any hi-def images to scan either. they would have to scan current faces and nakes tweeks to let them look younger.

Someone mentioned cole earlier, i dont neccessarily think they will cut him from the lineup due to his actors action but who knows? im more curious about Justin from turbo. an alt head wouldnt even work. lol
It totally would, if they did a child Ranger-Justin body, which I am 100% on-fucking-board for.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 19th, 2018, 06:03 AM #65
> Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

The adult ranger should come with his adult head. Kid-sized Justin should have a kid head. I would buy both....
Larry Koopa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 06:11 AM #66
> StaticShin27
Free drinks, you know?

StaticShin27
Free drinks, you know?

If their Marvel legends line is indicative of anything, I'm expecting (hoping against tho) inconsistency from figure to figure. Mainly cause I've noticed with several legends where the heads tend to sit a little high; there is a balance when it comes to placement without sacrificing range.

It should be easier with rangers though since their main design isn't dealing with comic varying proportions.
StaticShin27 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 06:34 AM #67
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

It totally would, if they did a child Ranger-Justin body, which I am 100% on-fucking-board for.
i see that being a sdcc exclusive. chances are if we get a retail version he will be like hasbros spider ham. almost no real articulation. sure his shoulder and elbow joints are good but his legs are one solid piece.
Old August 19th, 2018, 06:52 AM #68
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

They could easily use pictures of them back in the ranger days as a model for making the heads. I mean hell, in movies nowadays we have actors well past the age range for their characters in scenes and digital technology making them look young again and doing quite well at it. Or overlaying faces onto younger people's bodies. Also I'm pretty the article about Lightning White mentioned something about hi-res picture scanning for the heads. So it's not likely just them scanning the actors now and doing a bit of touch up work. I wouldn't worry, there are definitely ways to make it look at least reasonably close to the actor's face back then.

Didn't think about Justin. I mean it'd be weird with the helmet on if the figure was kid sized, but kinda odd and inaccurate with the civilian head on an adult body. Oh well, we'll see. The thing with Cole is that the character is still the character, even if the actor did wrong. At the very least he might just not be out as a figure real soon, but yeah we'll see. I think, if they really are able to make so many figures over however long, that they wouldn't leave out one figure just cause of that. There're still people who like Cole the character, and to exclude him would suck if say they got to doing the rest of WF. But we'll see I guess.

Oh, here's another one. Cruger. It'll be funny to have his canine head on the ranger body, since we never saw him helmetless. That'll be funny. I also wonder with the female characters, since their hair. I mean I guess it wouldn't be a any different than say the Marvel Legends, but I wonder if they'd purposely put their hair in some kinda up styles or something. Or just let it flow. Or just all girls have ponytails if their hair is long enough heh.

My only hope, if they do enough of these, is the availability. Meaning like when Bandai has done the con exclusive figures and such. For me, those are a drag sometimes but I get it for certain specialty figures like Psycho Green/Silver and such. But like, I'd enjoy having a Lord Drakkon figure done in this style some day, or Ranger Slayer. Might even consider a Kat Ranger, just cause I enjoy Manx as a character so it'd likely be the only chance to have a figure of her especially with the civilian head. I'd hate to see those made con exclusive down the line cause then they're impossible or just stupidly expensive to get for those of us who can't just go around to cons. I mean maybe like shiny metallic versions or something, sure. I'd even accept maybe armored Red/Black/Etc, but yeah. Obviously way too early to tell.

And also too early, I wonder about release schedule with the waves. Is Hasbro going to try and rush, hopefully without quality dipping, waves out right away or do you think they'd keep to a similar schedule as Bandai. I mean they can't rush too many cause stores suck stocking as is so if they're getting them too fast, who knows if they'll move enough. And honestly, I never see stores stock Transformers stuff on any regular basis. All Targets and Walmarts in my area their TF sections are usually half empy constantly despite knowing there's new waves being released. This has been my worry from the start with Hasbro. Figures look great, but if they're not out there on the shelves then what's the point?

Sure, I know online selling and all. Which is fine, but I'm sure there're people like me that prefer picking it up in person. Also if I have to rely on places like Amazon, sometimes figures are marked up online or there's shipping so then I have to pay more just to get it when it's something I should be able to go to a local store and pluck off the shelves. Or there's the fact that sometimes with these, I get picky on figures. Like with the Marvel Legends, I've debated picking up X-23(though now I've seen there's a new wave with Laura as Wolverine so I'll have to hunt that instead), but basically all the ones at the stores around have bent claws, a couple had a bit of messed up painting on the shoulder, that kinda thing. Sure I know there's ways to carefully adjust bent pieces, and sometimes they only look bent in the packaging but once out they're fine, but other times not. So getting it effectively blind online can be a pain if you get one that's messed up like that.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:00 AM #69
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

While the older actors are bit too old. Guess what they also took, hi resolution photos for the promotions. It's enough to work with.
DesignIncase is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:05 AM #70
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

It's an "anthology" series. For all we know, the first year will cover Beyond the Grid's team + Beast Morphers.
Yeah, this is one of my concerns actually... good idea to go the anthology route, I just wouldn't want it to take years to complete any given team. If they started with Beyond the Grid's line-up, that'd be two definite purchases (Tanya, Andros) and a possible (Ranger Slayer) for me... and then how long does it take to get the other five Zeo Rangers and the other five Space Rangers? While it's totally reasonable to mix things up, Power Rangers is ultimately about teams, and I imagine most fans would be keen to complete team line-ups sooner rather than later.

Of course, they could do it like Bandai (attempted to) and try to do a few teams per year. That makes it a little less anthology, of course, if each wave of a given year is still mixing the same three or four teams.

We'll see in due course.

Alitain wrote: View Post

My only hope, if they do enough of these, is the availability. Meaning like when Bandai has done the con exclusive figures and such. For me, those are a drag sometimes but I get it for certain specialty figures like Psycho Green/Silver and such. But like, I'd enjoy having a Lord Drakkon figure done in this style some day, or Ranger Slayer. Might even consider a Kat Ranger, just cause I enjoy Manx as a character so it'd likely be the only chance to have a figure of her especially with the civilian head. I'd hate to see those made con exclusive down the line cause then they're impossible or just stupidly expensive to get for those of us who can't just go around to cons. I mean maybe like shiny metallic versions or something, sure. I'd even accept maybe armored Red/Black/Etc, but yeah. Obviously way too early to tell.
My other concern - I can now picture HyperForce being left for convention exclusives. Core team for SDCC, Time Force Silver/HyperForce Green two-pack for NYCC. Sorted. Painfully.

I believe Hasbro puts up excess stock of their convention exclusives on Hasbro Toy Store, so at the least, their convention exclusives can be a little easier to grab. It's still not as convenient as retail releases, of course.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:29 AM #71
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Yay for sticky thread status!

Hasbro is by far the easiest retailer to get sdcc items from. they tell you ahead of time when they will be selling them online.

As for themputting part of main teams as convention exclusives, there is only one chance of them doing that. it would have to be unpopular teams that would never make it in retail. the universally hated teams.
Old August 19th, 2018, 09:47 AM #72
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

1- thank goodness I didnt spend money on those helmetless figuarts.

2- Civillian Head, AND weapons for $20? Which Bandai omitted both for some lame BAF? Hasbro won already. You’re getting more bang for your buck.

3- I hope they include replacement rangers and all actors. Its more to pr than just the originals. For example I would love a gold ranger with a trey head (Like him on not he did alot for the zeo rangers). Or a Karone head for pink lost galaxy. Mmpr replacements should be a given seeing that the mmpr story countinued (and arguably got better) with the rocky adam aisha lineup.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:14 AM #73
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

Just wait until these figures land and all the gold paint is butterscotch plastic.
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:29 AM #74
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

3- I hope they include replacement rangers and all actors. Its more to pr than just the originals. For example I would love a gold ranger with a trey head (Like him on not he did alot for the zeo rangers).
I think The DiFilippo's will throw a bitch fit over that for stealing their likeness (regardless of whether they have any legal standing or not). It'd be better to just a Brad Hawkins head for it.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:37 AM #75
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

So... would they get one royalty, split three ways...? Cause y'know.... s'one face.
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:38 AM #76
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

The Magic Pie wrote: View Post

Long live Hasbro. Killer of the Legacy.

Do you think we'll actually get EVERY Ranger this time?
it will take years (decades?) to get to that point, assuming cases of 8 figures and four or five waves of figures a year...realistically they know certain figures will sell more/better and may salt extras into cases...

I wonder if they'll solve the multiple civilian heads (e.g. Rocky/Jason, etc) by just releasing another version with the different head in a later case...MMPRs generally sell well enough, so someone who misses the first version could still catchup later...

I wonder if they'll go for screen-accurate look MMPR yellow (and other gender-swapped colors) or just give her a normal female body...

i wonder what unmasked Shadow Ranger Doggie is going to look like...or how many incarnations of the Dino Charge suits they will make...or battlized versions...or even the gender-swapped Super Megaforce versions of suits...i guess they have years to figure that out...

those special effects add-ons look like they just might be blast effects or spark effects...would love to know if they are considering the Zandar effect for DinoCharge Gold though...

so excited for this new line!

Last edited by bearytrek; August 19th, 2018 at 11:15 AM.
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:48 AM #77
> Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

it would have to be unpopular teams that would never make it in retail. the universally hated teams.
SDCC exclusive Samuell Benta head!

$0, just walk out with it!

Xenotome wrote: View Post

I think The DiFilippo's will throw a bitch fit over that for stealing their likeness (regardless of whether they have any legal standing or not). It'd be better to just a Brad Hawkins head for it.
Gold Ranger must include all three heads. ASJ, Brad Hawkins, and

Shōji Yamaguchi
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 01:55 PM #78
> MenaceRx
Power Ranger

MenaceRx
Power Ranger

And so it begins. I have high hopes now. The new little details have me encouraged. Wont dump my existing legacy line though until we see all 7 core MMPR made. Hoping for many villians.
MenaceRx is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:32 PM #79
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

With Rocky/Aisha/Adam they could always just give them a Ninja variant for the coin.

Unlike the other legends figures there would be less differences within a team. So unless they want each figure to be unique, the teams should be consistent. Now it's if they will be consistent between between.
DesignIncase is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:33 PM #80
> grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay

MenaceRx wrote: View Post

Hoping for many villians.
Many is not enough.
grnrngr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote