Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2019, 05:39 AM #4421
Digifiend's Avatar
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 16,858
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
Digifiend's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 16,858



MagnaChipster wrote: View Post

I'd rather Kim get the Dragon Shield permanently. I feel like she did more with it in two issues than Jason did in four, hehe.
They could turn it into a shared power-up. After all, the way it works is that if you possess the green power coin when you morph, you can summon the Dragon Shield (as is the case for Jason), and if you already have the shield, it can be transferred to another ranger - as happened when Tommy passed it to Zack in An Oyster Stew.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 05:54 AM #4422
Soulspice's Avatar
> Soulspice
@ListenAnyway
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 879
Soulspice
@ListenAnyway
Soulspice's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 879



Don't know if this is still a spoiler, but here it is the Soul Of The Dragon future SPD in real life version, an image made by @eathantattoer and me.
I think Deka Ranger looks cooler in "flesh"'

[HIDE][/HIDE

UPDATE: I realized Red's armor needs some color retouch and Deka's belt insignia too, so I will be updating it soon.

Last edited by Soulspice; January 12th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.
Soulspice is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (2)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 12th, 2019, 06:42 AM #4423
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,720
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,720



Digifiend wrote: View Post

They could turn it into a shared power-up. After all, the way it works is that if you possess the green power coin when you morph, you can summon the Dragon Shield (as is the case for Jason), and if you already have the shield, it can be transferred to another ranger - as happened when Tommy passed it to Zack in An Oyster Stew.
Same. I'd like to see Billy and Trini using it since they're the only ones to have never used the shield in either the TV show or the comics.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 09:36 AM #4424
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770



Soulspice wrote: View Post

Don't know if this is still a spoiler, but here it is the Soul Of The Dragon future SPD in real life version, an image made by @eathantattoer and me.
I think Deka Ranger looks cooler in "flesh"'

[HIDE]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwtkc62XgAE-c9c.jpg[/HIDE

UPDATE: I realized Red's armor needs some color retouch and Deka's belt insignia too, so I will be updating it soon.
Wow that is totally awesome do you have an image of just Deka ranger on his own ?
moonknight2099 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 12:35 PM #4425
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,258
Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,258



This week, I've read Go Go second volume. It remains quite danm good. Parrot gets the O5 voices just right and make them speak and like modern teen while retaining everything they were in the TV series.

I think I like it more than Kyle's run. And that's saying something because I love Kyle's work.

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

While I'm not 100% sold on the head, THIS is a far better "more robot-y" redesign of Alpha than the 2017 movie gave us.
Everything on Boom-verse is better than the movie.

I hope Hasbro's next take in a PR movie is an adaptation of Go Go's first arc (just Matt-less since that plot isn't quite necessary)
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 12:42 PM #4426
maslego's Avatar
> maslego
Idea Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,584
maslego
Idea Ranger
maslego's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,584



Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post



Everything on Boom-verse is better than the movie.

I hope Hasbro's next take in a PR movie is an adaptation of Go Go's first arc (just Matt-less since that plot isn't quite necessary)
I would LOVE a boom inspired movieverse!
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 12th, 2019, 01:06 PM #4427
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,720
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,720



Honestly, I'd like to see the 2017 film to have a comic book ongoing as in after the events of Aftershock, along with a crossover with MMPR Boom.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 02:41 PM #4428
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,258
Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,258



Quick question: does anyone have a HQ pic of issue 6's movie variant cover? Preferbly with only the art.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 03:12 PM #4429
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770



Digifiend wrote: View Post

They could turn it into a shared power-up. After all, the way it works is that if you possess the green power coin when you morph, you can summon the Dragon Shield (as is the case for Jason), and if you already have the shield, it can be transferred to another ranger - as happened when Tommy passed it to Zack in An Oyster Stew.
this would go with what we see in GGPR we see a green ranger without the dragon shield and arm bands, i theorise that they where created to balance its powers to allow a person to transform without any ill effects


the dragon shield reminds me of something where a fighter would train with weights during training and then find out that after words when weights where removed his stamina or fighting skill had become better
moonknight2099 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 12:46 PM #4430
Mr.Karate's Avatar
> Mr.Karate
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 587
Mr.Karate
Power Ranger
Mr.Karate's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 587



moonknight2099 wrote: View Post

this would go with what we see in GGPR we see a green ranger without the dragon shield and arm bands, i theorise that they where created to balance its powers to allow a person to transform without any ill effects


the dragon shield reminds me of something where a fighter would train with weights during training and then find out that after words when weights where removed his stamina or fighting skill had become better
You mean like Cam's Green Samurai Shield?
Mr.Karate is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 07:49 PM #4431
Kyle16's Avatar
> Kyle16
Figuring it out
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,075
Kyle16
Figuring it out
Kyle16's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,075



I'm pretty late to the party, but a friend got me this for Christmas.

Kyle16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 06:49 AM #4432
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770



Mr.Karate wrote: View Post

You mean like Cam's Green Samurai Shield?
yea im sure they did something in Dragonball but its been ages so not sure
moonknight2099 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 07:10 AM #4433
MutekiDragon's Avatar
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 550
MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
MutekiDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 550



moonknight2099 wrote: View Post

yea im sure they did something in Dragonball but its been ages so not sure
The weighted clothes that meant nothing for 99% of Z. And the Dragon Shield doesn't work like that. It's not a limiter it's added defense.
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 07:34 AM #4434
Mr.Karate's Avatar
> Mr.Karate
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 587
Mr.Karate
Power Ranger
Mr.Karate's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 587



moonknight2099 wrote: View Post

yea im sure they did something in Dragonball but its been ages so not sure
Yes. Goku's Boots. and wrist bans iirc,but Cam's Samurai Armor works the same way. Notice how it caves in a concrete sidewalk whenever he removed it to go into Super Samurai mode?
Mr.Karate is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 08:09 AM #4435
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770



MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

The weighted clothes that meant nothing for 99% of Z. And the Dragon Shield doesn't work like that. It's not a limiter it's added defense.
i agree its more of a stabiliser and even if it did weight it down it would be more or less so the power could be safely used but still remain powerful if that makes sense it just reminded me of what goku used

Mr.Karate wrote: View Post

Yes. Goku's Boots. and wrist bans iirc,but Cam's Samurai Armor works the same way. Notice how it caves in a concrete sidewalk whenever he removed it to go into Super Samurai mode?
yea makes me wonder if cam will use that form in the comic
moonknight2099 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 05:36 PM #4436
monkeyjb1988's Avatar
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 678
monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger
monkeyjb1988's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 678



We have a preview for Wednesday's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Archive Vol. 2:

https://www.comiccrusaders.com/previ...hive-vol-2-sc/

Doesn't look as impressive as Vol 1 until you see that the Papercutz comics are 50 pages and that Vol 1 split issues by their individual stories.

My only complaint is that the Papercutz Free Comic Book Day issue isn't included. I dont know WHY. I'll try emailing Boom to see. Otherwise, still excited for this volume.
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 11:59 PM #4437
MrsManface's Avatar
> MrsManface
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 494
MrsManface
Power Ranger
MrsManface's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 494



It also confirms no Power Rangers vs. Beetleborgs, but that one being MIA is a lot less surprising.

It's too bad the PR comic license was dormant for so long. Some weird and ugly In Space and Lost Galaxy 90's comics would've been great.

Last edited by MrsManface; January 15th, 2019 at 12:11 AM.
MrsManface is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 08:11 AM #4438
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,101
OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,101



MrsManface wrote: View Post

It also confirms no Power Rangers vs. Beetleborgs, but that one being MIA is a lot less surprising.

It's too bad the PR comic license was dormant for so long. Some weird and ugly In Space and Lost Galaxy 90's comics would've been great.
Tpp bad maybe 3rd book will get it right!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:35 AM #4439
monkeyjb1988's Avatar
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 678
monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger
monkeyjb1988's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 678



Well, I just leafed through the book (well, the Comixology version of leafing) and I'm impressed to say the least. Still not the greatest restorations but looks ok.

Got 2 major surprises. The first is
is letter pages, editor's columns, and activity pages from the original comic books in both this volume and Volume 1
, which I consider a nice touch.

So WHY am I ticked off right now? Well, that's the 2nd major surprise, and I'm not hiding it in spoilers because you should now:

Boom included issue 1 of THEIR series as the last comic, between the last Megaforce issue and the pleasant surprise above.

I'll give them credit for not including issue 0 for the third time (after the 2017 sequel and Soul of the Dragon), but when I buy the MMPR Archive, I'm expecting the older comics, not Boom's. Volume 1's still for sale and you can get issue 1 digitally; it's not out of print like the older comics.

I probably wouldn't be so teed off if By Bug Betrayed was included, but as it is, there was a space for By Bug and it got taken by a comic that didn't need to be reprinted.

Don't let this put you off from getting this book. I'm just venting and it's still great we got the older comics, minus Turbo vs Metalix and... well, you know. I'll try and figure out why Boom did this but, in the meantime, let's at least enjoy the other issues and bonus stuff.
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 02:23 AM #4440
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 770



ive only just realised that Soul of the Dragon is the power ranger version of dekaranger 10 years on, would anyone be up for a sequel or prequel for soul of the dragon, id love to see more in depth about how the master morpher was made, how it got damaged etc
moonknight2099 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
his time has come

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.