Home Menu

Menu

Old January 10th, 2019, 01:05 PM #4401
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

That's just semantics. However you want to categorize him, it's another Alpha. I've had enough of stories with "another" versions of pre-existing characters. "Another" Tommy, "another" Kimberly, "another" Matt, "another" Alpha... Just stop.

Bring Lord Zedd in already. It's been three years now.
I too want Zedd to appear but like I said, Alpha 1 is not like those you mentioned because he's not an alternate universe version of a pre-existing character. It's not semantics at all when he's the original Alpha, not "another" version of him. People really need to stop implying that Alpha 1 is an alternate version of a pre-existing character, when he's actually the predecessor of a pre-existing character. Predecessor of a pre-existing character =/= alternate version of a pre-existing character.
AdrenalineRush is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:08 PM #4402
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

My point was more that I was happy to see the Power Blaster get some love rather than anything to do with Adriyel, but whatever. Cool, I guess? I mean I don't dislike Adriyel but I was hardly clamoring to see more of her.

That's just semantics. However you want to categorize him, it's another Alpha. I've had enough of stories with "another" versions of pre-existing characters. "Another" Tommy, "another" Kimberly, "another" Matt, "another" Alpha... Just stop.

Bring Lord Zedd in already. It's been three years now.

Zedd's currently busy with the Council of Alphas who are making sure he won't get nerfed like did in the show by parents.
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 04:40 PM #4403
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

People really need to stop implying that Alpha 1 is an alternate version of a pre-existing character, when he's actually the predecessor of a pre-existing character. Predecessor of a pre-existing character =/= alternate version of a pre-existing character.
It's not the same Alpha, therefore it's another Alpha.

Alpha 1 is a different version of Alpha than Alpha 5. Just like Alpha 5 is a different version of Alpha than Alpha 6. So saying it's an alternate version isn't entirely wrong. This just feels like nitpicking.

Last edited by AkaGreen; January 10th, 2019 at 04:46 PM.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 06:08 PM #4404
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

As Much As I prefer Tommy as Green to white, Im ready for them to move on from season 1 and dive into stories with him leading the team with the stone canyon trio. (Or hell, the stone canyon team without Tommy is fine as well)

The whole color swapping thing just seems like a desperate attempt of milking the mmpr1 team as long as they can.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:29 PM #4405
> Tiernan
Power Ranger

Tiernan
Power Ranger

I'm debating on whether or not I should buy the GGPR trades or wait a bit longer and see if they do a deluxe edition like they did for MMPR.
Tiernan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:06 PM #4406
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

As Much As I prefer Tommy as Green to white, Im ready for them to move on from season 1 and dive into stories with him leading the team with the stone canyon trio. (Or hell, the stone canyon team without Tommy is fine as well)

The whole color swapping thing just seems like a desperate attempt of milking the mmpr1 team as long as they can.
I'm actually hoping they play with the Green and White ranger change a little. Maybe let another character take the green powers while Tommy becomes the white ranger or vice versa.
comicstar100 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:31 PM #4407
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Maybe they'll stretch out the stone canyon team and their relation with the Rangers.

Or maybe (extremly unlikely) they'll hold off on changing the zords onto the Stone Canyon teens join and use it to change all the suits to dairanger (I CAN DREAM DANGIT)
maslego is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:39 PM #4408
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

I too want Zedd to appear but like I said, Alpha 1 is not like those you mentioned because he's not an alternate universe version of a pre-existing character. It's not semantics at all when he's the original Alpha, not "another" version of him. People really need to stop implying that Alpha 1 is an alternate version of a pre-existing character, when he's actually the predecessor of a pre-existing character. Predecessor of a pre-existing character =/= alternate version of a pre-existing character.
Do... Do you really not understand what I'm saying? I don't care if he's an alternate realty Alpha, or a predecessor, or an ancestor, or another robot that dresses up like Alpha because he's Alpha's biggest fan. IT IS A SECOND, ADDITIONAL ALPHA BECAUSE IT IS NOT ALPHA 5. Stop getting hung up on the word "alternate." I mean, hell, I CALL him a predecessor the first time I mention him:

What the hell is that? An old, pre-5 Alpha?

comicstar100 wrote: View Post

I'm actually hoping they play with the Green and White ranger change a little. Maybe let another character take the green powers while Tommy becomes the white ranger or vice versa.
I'd be happy with simply giving Jason the Dragonshield permanently like they did in Shattered Grid.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:49 PM #4409
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

It's not the same Alpha, therefore it's another Alpha.

Alpha 1 is a different version of Alpha than Alpha 5. Just like Alpha 5 is a different version of Alpha than Alpha 6. So saying it's an alternate version isn't entirely wrong. This just feels like nitpicking.

Do... Do you really not understand what I'm saying? I don't care if he's an alternate realty Alpha, or a predecessor, or an ancestor, or another robot that dresses up like Alpha because he's Alpha's biggest fan. IT IS A SECOND, ADDITIONAL ALPHA BECAUSE IT IS NOT ALPHA 5. Stop getting hung up on the word "alternate." I mean, hell, I CALL him a predecessor the first time I mention him:
It's just that the word "alternate" can mean a lot of things but not meaning predecessor or successor.
AdrenalineRush is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 05:59 AM #4410
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

Finally read Soul of the Dragon with it finally being out in the UK (or Amazon were just late).

Loved it! Honestly, the use of Lokar, Scorpina and Finster was really well done. The use of Finster being purified was really nice. They made sense for this story and I kind of like how Lokar can be used in future if required.

If it was a bit longer I'd have liked to see more of modern SPD and maybe a Zord fight against Scorpina's monster form until Lokar destroys her.

All the nods to general lore/continuity, the Z wave, Blue Centurion, Triforia name drop and SPD in general was great.

It is the kind of thing I'd love for PR to do more often. The odd Forever Red like special that brings up plot devices from the past to tell a fun story.

Or in general, Boom should do more of these stories and focus on different Rangers/Time periods.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:36 AM #4411
> MarioRanger
Power Ranger

MarioRanger
Power Ranger

Any chance to get a Reprint of "MMPR Year One Deluxe HC" ? Did BOOM say something about that?
MarioRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:37 AM #4412
> MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

I'd be happy with simply giving Jason the Dragonshield permanently like they did in Shattered Grid.
I'd rather Kim get the Dragon Shield permanently. I feel like she did more with it in two issues than Jason did in four, hehe.
MagnaChipster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:46 AM #4413
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

MarioRanger wrote: View Post

Any chance to get a Reprint of "MMPR Year One Deluxe HC" ? Did BOOM say something about that?
They don't intend to reprint it any time soon.

One print run and done. Year 2 book is nice at least but I kinda want the Year 1 book now too.

Will most likely stop buying trades and just get the yearly collections.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:59 AM #4414
> Jerry
Hates "Let's Play"

Jerry
Hates "Let's Play"

That was it, huh?

The Cosmic Cannon reference was cool and unexpected.

So that was confirmed to be Alpha-1 at the end? He looks a bit odd. I'll have to wait to see a better picture of him. He doesn't even look like he has legs.
Jerry is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 07:11 AM #4415
> thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

MarioRanger wrote: View Post

I sent an email to them a few months ago with Year one having completely disappeared from retail. They said it was limited and they had no plans to re-release it.

There maybe a small chance they will bow to fan demand in a few years but I imagine IF they did, they would change it up slightly like make it paperback or remove the cover pictures in the back or something.

Year one seems to be increasing in price all the time so best bet is to bite the bullet and just grab it as soon as you can.
thunderzordpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 07:55 AM #4416
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

Jerry wrote: View Post

That was it, huh?

The Cosmic Cannon reference was cool and unexpected.

So that was confirmed to be Alpha-1 at the end? He looks a bit odd. I'll have to wait to see a better picture of him. He doesn't even look like he has legs.
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:43 AM #4417
> MrsManface
Power Ranger

MrsManface
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower wrote: View Post

I sent an email to them a few months ago with Year one having completely disappeared from retail. They said it was limited and they had no plans to re-release it.

There maybe a small chance they will bow to fan demand in a few years but I imagine IF they did, they would change it up slightly like make it paperback or remove the cover pictures in the back or something.
They're not going to reprint Year One, but they'll eventually do more hardcovers of the same material just in different configurations. Like probably a deluxe hardcover that collects everything written by Kyle Higgins. Or once Go Go wraps, hardcovers that collect issues in-universe chronologically.
MrsManface is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:55 AM #4418
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

i love the fact that Alpha 1 has a design similar to jonny five and the robot from lost in space, im thinking of doing a cosplay of Sky in his uniform from Soul of the dragon does any one have any full look pictures of him?

im loving the fact that we are getting a look into rita and and the sixth power coin origins and a reason why he the powers have a dragon shield
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:21 AM #4419
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

comicstar100 wrote: View Post

Or Keep Tommy Green and let brad hawkins be the white ranger, lol.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 07:41 PM #4420
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

While I'm not 100% sold on the head, THIS is a far better "more robot-y" redesign of Alpha than the 2017 movie gave us.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
his time has come