Home Menu

Menu

Old January 9th, 2019, 11:10 AM #4381
> MikeyRu
Power Ranger

MikeyRu
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Honestly, it feels like you're just attacking people who actually liked this arc and the villainess whose name is Adriyel, so I don't see why you continually refuse to commit referring to her actual name just so and so and I have a feeling that you don't like Adriyel, given your comments.

Even if you were poo-poo'd by some people (including myself) who insisted Adriyel would stick around after this arc and become important to the story doesn't mean you should've builled them after saying "I told you so", not to mention that it's not maybe you're overcritical, you really were being overcritical on this plus the color swap storyline was never going to be a big storyline like you continually said that it was hyped up to be such but it was always planned to be a filler storyline as in a breather storyline after Shattered Grid. I don't like it when people like you were expecting that this storyline was going to be a major one like the Matt storyline or Shattered Grid, only to realise that it was actually a filler arc. I never even expected this to be a major storyline, just a filler arc regardless of the writing quality.

And another thing, just because you said we'll never see her again doesn't mean others will agree with you on that since comic book deaths are rarely permanent and there are people who do like that character and would like to see her in a future storyline, say like after Beyond the Grid, even if her role in GGPR is over, so I rather not say "I told you so" and attack people over liking a character who was only planned to appear in just that story arc.

It would've been a lot better if the Green Ranger origins part of the storyline was a storyline of its own than being part of this storyline and are you planning to continue reading GGPR, now that the colour swap storyline is over?
TL ; DR

MikeyRu is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 11:12 AM #4382
> AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

This is a new level of immature.
AkaCornSnackEtc is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 9th, 2019, 11:17 AM #4383
> MikeyRu
Power Ranger

MikeyRu
Power Ranger

AkaDarthGreen wrote: View Post

MikeyRu is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 11:45 AM #4384
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

You really don't get it, do you? As in you just don't realise that you're being quite antagonistic to those who liked the storyline and the character by constantly attacking them with "I told you so". We get that you were right but it's not very nice to be immature and continue shoving comments like that towards people who liked those.

AkaDarthGreen wrote: View Post

Yes, it is.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 11:46 AM #4385
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

the arc was okay., better then what's going on in the main going but it isn't like it's hard. I could make the argue that this was the weakest arc, either this or Ranger slayer.
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 02:15 PM #4386
> MrsManface
Power Ranger

MrsManface
Power Ranger

From Ryan Parrott's twitter (Go Go #16 spoilers):

https://twitter.com/ThatRyanParrott/...09184940326912

"And for those of you who asked... Adrieyl's story is far from over."

Last edited by MrsManface; January 9th, 2019 at 02:23 PM.
MrsManface is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 9th, 2019, 02:27 PM #4387
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

MrsManface wrote: View Post

From Ryan Parrott's twitter (Go Go #16 spoilers):

https://twitter.com/ThatRyanParrott/...09184940326912

"And for those of you who asked... Adriyel's story is far from over."
That's a relief. I never even expected her to be a one-shot character as in only appearing for the colour swap storyline and yep, Mikey was certainly in the wrong about her, especially it wasn't a good thing for him to act immature and say "I told you so" to others like me before this tweet happened.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; January 17th, 2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old January 9th, 2019, 03:52 PM #4388
> RagnarokFlames
RyuuGa Waga Teki Wo Kurau

eBay
RagnarokFlames

eBay

IF i want to buy the most complete Collected issues of the current on-going MMPR and GGPR books, what is the best way to accomplish that?
RagnarokFlames is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 03:55 PM #4389
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

MagnaChipster wrote: View Post

I guess that can explain why their colors would swap, but I feel it's kind of a stretch to say that would suddenly give them empathy/mind-reading powers, hehe.
I mean, this is a franchise where feud ex machine Zords can randomly come out. Looking at you Wild Force Gorilla Zord, Rhino Zord, and Armadillo Zord.

Just enjoy the ride. Billy did.

Even though this arc is a lead-up to the ass kicking Tommy will give everyone when Rita gets him.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:01 PM #4390
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

So is there going to be more to the Green Ranger power coin? I hope I'm just jumping the gun but I don't get what has been dangerous for Rita at all so far. It keeps sounding like there will be consequences to this thing for Rita beyond her losing the coin eventually.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:11 PM #4391
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

DesignIncase wrote: View Post

So is there going to be more to the Green Ranger power coin? I hope I'm just jumping the gun but I don't get what has been dangerous for Rita at all so far. It keeps sounding like there will be consequences to this thing for Rita beyond her losing the coin eventually.
Maybe it's whatever made her susceptible to Zedd. Or whatever turned her from feared space overlord into the joke character she and everyone on her side became during Zeo.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 08:03 PM #4392
> YoKozo
Power Stranger

YoKozo
Power Stranger

RagnarokFlames wrote: View Post

IF i want to buy the most complete Collected issues of the current on-going MMPR and GGPR books, what is the best way to accomplish that?
The hardcover Deluxe Editions for MMPR collects all the Issues plus has an extra story exclusive to the Deluxe Edition. Unfortunately, you'd have to pick these up quickly because they'll be gone fast. Third party listings on Amazon for Year One go for +$3000. Your best bet after this are the tradeback volumes. There's also the "Lost Chronicles" volume which collects the Annuals from 2016 and 2017.

A Shattered Grid hardcover is scheduled for release in November 2019 which has all the Shattered Grid material from MMPR and GGPR and the Free Comic Book Day issue.

As for GGPR, all the issues are collected in the trades, plus there is a "Back to School" special issue recently released.
YoKozo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 09:13 PM #4393
> PR Master
Ranger of Power

PR Master
Ranger of Power

MikeyRu wrote: View Post

I was absolutely right about the person whose name I said I refused to commit to memory.

They spent half a year on this arc, hyping up that the Rangers would switch colors and roles. I hope those
couple of pages
of the color swapped (and for some reason extremely poorly drawn, like WTF was up with THAT?) Rangers were enough for the fans who were looking forward to it.

Not. Im. Pressed.

https://i.imgur.com/2A0N08q.jpg

I mean, maybe Iím being over critical, but yikes...

It looks like those Hamilton/Marvel PR comics...

*Shudders*
PR Master is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 09:55 PM #4394
> RagnarokFlames

eBay
RagnarokFlames

eBay

YoKozo wrote: View Post

The hardcover Deluxe Editions for MMPR collects all the Issues plus has an extra story exclusive to the Deluxe Edition. Unfortunately, you'd have to pick these up quickly because they'll be gone fast. Third party listings on Amazon for Year One go for +$3000. Your best bet after this are the tradeback volumes. There's also the "Lost Chronicles" volume which collects the Annuals from 2016 and 2017.

A Shattered Grid hardcover is scheduled for release in November 2019 which has all the Shattered Grid material from MMPR and GGPR and the Free Comic Book Day issue.

As for GGPR, all the issues are collected in the trades, plus there is a "Back to School" special issue recently released.
thanks for that. I assumed the Year collections would be the most complete way. sucsk that boom doesnt print enough that the price is so damn high
RagnarokFlames is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 11:40 PM #4395
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

RagnarokFlames wrote: View Post

thanks for that. I assumed the Year collections would be the most complete way. sucsk that boom doesnt print enough that the price is so damn high
Boom prints as much as their data shows they have sales for. That's why you have to get it when they first release. Otherwise you're shit out of luck.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 03:21 AM #4396
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

Alright. "Go Go" #16 thoughts.

- In general, this arc wasn't bad per se, but I can't help but feel this didn't have to be... What's it been? Five issues? This was essentially Rita running an errand. The whole "The Rangers switch colors!" thing was sort of lackluster, too. It didn't mean much of anything really, plot-wise. They could've still done the mental link story with Jason and Trini without it.

- The Rangers defeat Adriyel by shooting her with the Power Blaster! That honestly made me really happy. It's so refreshing to see the Power Rangers use an actual Power Ranger method to defeat a monster for a change - Which is kind of a weird thing to say, honestly. This should be something they do fairly often.

- So the whole Baboo subplot was just a loyalty test for Goldar, Finster, and Squatt...? But the only reason their loyalty was called into question in the first place was because of Baboo's scheme and this entire subplot was just a stupid waste of time ARRRGH

- And why would Rita be testing Squatt's loyalty? Out of all her minions, I would think he's the one she has to worry about the least. I mean, hell, going off his origin story in the comics, Rita's basically his mom.

- Actually, now that I think of it? Montaur; Loriyan; Adriyel; Goldar, Squatt, and Finster in this subplot; and I feel like I'm forgetting at least one other instance somewhere else... Can we stop with the whole "one of Rita's minions try to betray her" thing? At least for a while? Please? I don't know if it's intentionally become a 'running joke' from Boom (an inevitable repeating of history sort of thing), but it's quickly losing its impact. It's gone from "Oh, no, what a betrayal!" to "Oh, look, here goes another one."

- So... Rita's just going to flat out create the Green Ranger, then. Huh. I wonder what the thought process is here, behind the scenes-wise. Even if Rita hits delays in getting the Coin to Tommy, they can only drag that out for so long until they have to create the Green Ranger and thus end "Go Go"...?

- ...Oh now what the hell is going on? What the hell is that? An old, pre-5 Alpha? A futuristic Alpha 500? Can we just get a goddamn storyline that doesn't involve an alternate version of a pre-existing character for once for Christ's sake???
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 04:26 AM #4397
> blurredlights
Completely Undone

blurredlights
Completely Undone

The holidays threw my shipment schedules off, and now I have no idea about what anyone's talking about.
So I'll just say my two cents on "Soul of the Dragon" and be on my merry way--

I'm not a Tommy fan, but I was excited about the potential of a story set in the future with MMPR-era Rangers as adults with adult problems. I was expecting Old Man Logan, and I was definitely disappointed by the fact that Soul of the Dragon was... whatever the heck it was. The book definitely highlighted everything I don't like about Tommy Oliver for sure. At the end of it all... what was even the point of this title? A last hurrah for Tommy? Or was it just a cash grab because there are tons of Tommy fans? This is the first Power Ranger title I regret buying.

What is even going on at Boom! Studios? The initial story-arc of MMPR and the everything pre-Shattered Grid in GGPR was amazing. Shattered Grid was hype, even if it weren't to everyone's tastes. Everything after Shattered Grid though has been... average, at best. (Granted, I've only read up to ... #32 of MMPR and #13 of GGPR. So I'm probably judging too soon.)

I guess what I want to say is... I hope Boom! starts veering away from gimmicks and focus on good stories again.
blurredlights is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 06:19 AM #4398
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

- The Rangers defeat Adriyel by shooting her with the Power Blaster! That honestly made me really happy. It's so refreshing to see the Power Rangers use an actual Power Ranger method to defeat a monster for a change - Which is kind of a weird thing to say, honestly. This should be something they do fairly often.
We certainly haven't seen the last of Adriyel as Ryan Parrott confirmed via Twitter that her story is far from over.

- ...Oh now what the hell is going on? What the hell is that? An old, pre-5 Alpha? A futuristic Alpha 500? Can we just get a goddamn storyline that doesn't involve an alternate version of a pre-existing character for once for Christ's sake???
It was already confirmed via solicits that this Alpha is actually Alpha 5's predecessor Alpha 1 than an alternate version of him.
Old January 10th, 2019, 09:26 AM #4399
> MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

I'm looking forward to what Alpha-1 has to offer, if only because we may finally get the long coveted backstory of Zordon and Alpha, but that's true that a lot of these stories have been focused on alternate versions of pre-existing characters, hehe. Didn't notice that before.

I'm just crossing my fingers he doesn't end up evil ;p
MagnaChipster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 12:27 PM #4400
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

We certainly haven't seen the last of Adriyel as Ryan Parrott confirmed via Twitter that her story is far from over.
My point was more that I was happy to see the Power Blaster get some love rather than anything to do with Adriyel, but whatever. Cool, I guess? I mean I don't dislike Adriyel but I was hardly clamoring to see more of her.

AdrenalineRush wrote:
It was already confirmed via solicits that this Alpha is actually Alpha 5's predecessor Alpha 1 than an alternate version of him.
That's just semantics. However you want to categorize him, it's another Alpha. I've had enough of stories with "another" versions of pre-existing characters. "Another" Tommy, "another" Kimberly, "another" Matt, "another" Alpha... Just stop.

Bring Lord Zedd in already. It's been three years now.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
his time has come